• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Levyne

Banned
You just have to be fast and kill a lot more machina than the albhed, at least 7 if I recall correctly, and don't forget to kill the machina at the tiny "island" and after that the one that is at a tiny ledge.

Okay, I'll make sure to get both of those, got it. Knew I needed 7 just didn't know which specific ones were important.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Agreed, and in fact you can't even backtrack to Besaid after you get to the Calm Lands. So the only thing it would do is get you through Gagazet/Zanarkand faster.

Well, that makes even less sense since you're probably already overleveled if you can win the fights from Gagazet to Zanarkand while skipping every fight.

Alright.. so tips on Catcher Chocobo :(

Utilize the power of swearing at invisible walls and a Chocobo that handles like a broken shopping cart.

Holmes

Trying to get a lot of money from selling data in Guadosalam. Stupid innkeeper keeps telling me it's "someone sitting down". :\

Manu

How did you guys pay off O'aka's debt? i read something about selling potions or something.

In chapter 2 you can get 100,000 by selling a data sphere you get from a merchant in Guadosalam. Once you got the gil just buy and sell hi potions from O'aka over and over.

Holmes

So, lightning tower calibrations... pressing the home button pauses the game and you can see whatever button(s) you need to press, resume the game and press them right away. Was able to do Rikku's last tower easily like that, now onto Paine's last tower.

Levyne

Banned
So, lightning tower calibrations... pressing the home button pauses the game and you can see whatever button(s) you need to press, resume the game and press them right away. Was able to do Rikku's last tower easily like that, now onto Paine's last tower.

Vita version or ps3? I swear I tried pressing home and it didn't pause.

ZeroX03

Banned
isnt there another way?

Save your game (I mean it...SAVE!!) and head to the Inn (right of Save Sphere). Talk to the Innkeeper and take him up on his "special offer". It costs 10,000 Gil, but wait until he says "It is the last person you would expect..." If you do NOT see this, then RESET and try again. Once you get this (it may take several tries), press "Square" while in front of the Innkeeper to sell the poor sap the item for a whopping 100,000 Gil! After this net 90,000 Gil gain, you should easily be able to pay off O'aka's debt (especially if you just did the Moonflow mission!).

This is the easiest way, dunno why you wouldn't do it. Needs to be done by chapter 3.

Ourobolus

Banned
You know, I played FFX back before I rally understood RPGs, and Seymour Omnis is ridiculous with Fire/Ice/Water/Lightning eater.

Aurizen

Sure, you can do it with your own money :p

This way is the easiest by far.
Yeah I'll do that too. I want more money, the 100,000 for oaka and money for myself.
This is the easiest way, dunno why you wouldn't do it. Needs to be done by chapter 3.

Buy the items O'aka sells on the cheap and sell them to Barkeep for a profit.

I heard about this option, I seen someone doing a video on that but I wasnt sure of the full detail. What items is it High potions? or was it something else?

ZPGQet9.jpg

Second try! My first attempt Kimarhi accidently killed the team. It is really not that bad if you status-proof Yuna. Also, do not worry about Confusion. Unlike Bad Breath, one person will not get hit. Also, to make the last part way easier (1/3 HP) get Overdrives for all your Aeons. Honestly Flux was harder because his instant death move is unavoidable.

Sun Crest where? I read that I have to get it
immediately in a place called "The Beyond" after beating Yunalesca otherwise Dark Bahamut blocks it
. I didn't see any place named like that, unless
she's not that boss you fight between Gagazet and Zanarkand

Kerrinck

Probably a dumb question but how do I know if a weapon is better than the one I currently have? Arrived at the first shop but the only difference I can see are the abilities on each one.

Sun Crest where? I read that I have to get it
immediately in a place called "The Beyond" after beating Yunalesca otherwise Dark Bahamut blocks it
. I didn't see any place named like that, unless
she's not that boss you fight between Gagazet and Zanarkand
Did not grab it before leaving Zanarkand? Ouch, Dark Aeon blocks that area now.
I was worried when the Auron scene locked me out then afterward it let me in. How odd.
If not, then it is right behind her after the fight.

Falk

that puzzling face
Probably a dumb question but how do I know if a weapon is better than the one I currently have? Arrived at the first shop but the only difference I can see are the abilities on each one.

Weapons don't have stats or special calculations/numbers/etc beyond the abilities on each one, except Celestials (Ultimate Weapons)

Really all weapons and armor are the same. Stats make each useful at different time. In Thunder Plains? Wear Yellow Armor and such.

The weapon system in FFX is kind of boring imo. It's just various abilities on weapons you choose from. For most of the game, you generally just keep a Magic+5% or Strength+5% (or slightly better if you find one) until you get your ultimate weapon. I like the customization (adding abilities/etc to weapons), but I feel like it doesn't really come into play until the end game that much.

Did not grab it before leaving Zanarkand? Ouch, Dark Aeon blocks that area now.
I was worried when the Auron scene locked me out then afterward it let me in. How odd.
If not, then it is right behind her after the fight.

I'm not sure if I'm even looking at the right boss. I backtracked through
Zanarkand Ruins and Dome
. Didn't see "The Beyond". I just killed
the zerg boss in the temple, the one where you can move spots to avoid counterattacks.

Zanarkand Ruins and Dome
the zerg boss in the temple, the one where you can move spots to avoid counterattacks.
Ah, you have to defeat
Yunelesca
then it will be right behind her. Feel free to use my tips!

ramyeon

Zanarkand Ruins and Dome
Yunalesca is the boss after that one. It's in the room after you beat her.
Go north and down the stairs after beating her in her chamber, it'll take you to a room that's exactly the same but there'll be a chest with the sigil to the north near the stairs.

Ah dammit. Auron said something about
Yunalesca testing summoners who entered Zanarkand
so I thought it was that boss right when you enter.

bobawesome

Finally started X-2. I guess the combat is just something I'll get used to in time? It feels really chaotic in comparison to X and other Final Fantasy games.

Levyne

Banned
Finally started X-2. I guess the combat is just something I'll get used to in time? It feels really chaotic in comparison to X and other Final Fantasy games.

You can switch to wait mode which will effectively pause battles if you're making a selection in the command menu.

aett

I just can't beat One-Eye. Anyone have some tips?

Level up in the Cactuar valley. Try to send your characters through Wakka's path if they haven't, for the Accuracy points.

Anyone have tips for beating Dark Bahamut without using BHPL? Or is Yojimbo the primary method?

Hellix

I just can't beat One-Eye. Anyone have some tips?

I had Tidus/Wakka/Auron with an Auto-Haste armor and pounded away at him while using overdrives whenever I could. Right before One-Eye got his first turn, I would bring out Yuna to summon an aeon to take the damage for Shockwave because that would totally annihilate my party back then. Anima's overdrive would have usually done 50k to it as well.

If you are underleveled, I guess it can be a pain to get your first Overdrive -> AP weapon, but when I got my first one, I immediately did the Don Tonberry/Cactuar King AP trick so I could have one person single-handedly kill it no problem to grind for the weapons for everyone else.

Croc

Banned
welp

After going through all of the final boss stuff, I was whittling away at
Yu Yevon's
health and thinking, "man this is probably going to take awhile if he heals for the same 9999 damage I do every turn," when I suddenly realize; wait, why am I only doing 9999 damage?

Yep, I fought/beat the final boss with my monster catching weapons still equipped instead of my Celestial weapons...

Top Bottom