• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Wazzy

Banned
Aughhhhhhh I apparently missed one destruction sphere. I think it's besaid so I guess I have to fight dark valefor. :/

Wazzy

Banned
Are you sure it's not Zanarkand? You need to visit twice for that one.
Naw I went back already and did Zanarkand. It's the very last statue on the left which I heard was Besaid. :(

Which sucks because I was sure I had gotten all the destruction spheres.

Wazzy

Banned
Reload one time or two. I didn't have to worry about affinity at all....just make sure his overdrive bar is up.
Cool, I'll give it a try now. Thanks!

Edit: Yasss I got him to use Zanmato after two tries! I can't access besaid temple yet but at least valefor is outta the way.

I'm gonna finish up Auron's final weapon now. I should be halfway through monster hunting.

ZeroX03

Banned
Beat the Gunner's Gauntlet at MAX at the start of Chapter 2.. shiny silver trophy and the ridiculous Adamantite:

HP +100%, Defense +120, Magic Defense +120, Agility -30, Auto-Wall

Arthea

For this weekend I planned to finish blitzball, need to get sigil, lightning dodging, butterflies and get back to chocobo catcher. It will be really long weekend :(

ubercheez

Eeeep! After an hour of monster capturing, I randomly saw an NPC in the Thunder Plains and decided to talk to him OH GOD DARK IXION

Luckily, Rikku managed to run away. Atta girl! Progress saved.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cutscene skip and dark aeon availability in the monster arena were the two things I was wishing for the most, but in the back of my mind I knew they weren't going to be included, well because SE.

Playing the Vita version - and tbh they should have included an optional control method for using the TS for battles. I think this would have been a nice addition to the Vita version and i would have used it for casual leveling.

Do you actually think the cutscene is shitty? :(
I thought that was one of the best moments in the entire game personally. It sucks that you can't skip it after seeing it once though.

Nope, but if you have to fight Yunalesca three times and have to rewatch such a long scene everytime it really gets to you. Just hate loosing so much time, when my playtime weekly ist already shorter compared to the past -.-

JimPanzer

Eeeep! After an hour of monster capturing, I randomly saw an NPC in the Thunder Plains and decided to talk to him OH GOD DARK IXION

Luckily, Rikku managed to run away. Atta girl! Progress saved.

lucky you! this happened to me a few times at different places, probably lost 2-3 hours of grinding due to it :(

Arthea

I had to repeat all cactuar sidequest once because I ran into
Dark Bahamut
That was so scary! not to mention time consuming

These stupid longass cutscenes
pre-Yunalesca fight combined with Mega Death. How many people instantly died to that on their first time? Just ruined the moment for me.
Seriously Square, CUTSCENE SKIPPING!

ramyeon

What do you mean by how? I was looking for a certain cactuar, and ran into certain person, which summoned him.
Dark Bahamut is in the Zanarkand Dome. You mean Ifrit right? If so doesn't it show you Dark Ifrit below the cliff, then the lady asks you to look over and you can just walk away?

Arthea

Dark Bahamut is in the Zanarkand Dome. You mean Ifrit right? If so doesn't it show you Dark Ifrit below the cliff, then the lady asks you to look over and you can just walk away?

you mean I somehow took Ifrit for Bahamut? lol
Well it was more than decade ago, but I was sure all this time it was Bahamut, nope, I surely couldn't walk away, as far as I can remember.

It was just that scary
exactly, bloody scary, that's why I still remember it, except I somehow was so scared I thought it's Bahamut lol
I killed all darkies at the end, but this encounter still haunts me (><)

Falk

that puzzling face
you mean I somehow took Ifrit for Bahamut? lol
Well it was more than decade ago, but I was sure all this time it was Bahamut, nope, I surely couldn't walk away, as far as I can remember.

It was just that scary

Dark Ifrit is all
nocrying.gif

but but but I'm not that scary...

Kattbuss

Finished
Yunalesca
yesterday and decided to try for the chocobo racing.
I never did it back in the day and now I remember why. Either I get hit by birds a lot or I just miss the baloons. If I knew a way to hack the Vita save then I would do just that...
I'm guessing that there isn't a way to cheese it?

Heh, I remember getting all the celestial weapons back when I had this on PS2. I have a lot less time to burn now, so I'm sure my frustration levels will skyrocket.

Beat
Seymour Flux
. Was much easier than back in the day, but still caused me issues in terms of achieving a satisfying victory (as in beating him before he uses
Total Annihilation
and getting everyone to participate. Can't have it all, I guess!

Holykael1

Banned
So excited, my copy arrived today. Dont know if I will start right away because I also have Dark Souls arriving but in case I do, Im excited to join the party :d

Guide edit: Guess not. Ifrit is in the desert. Guess my logic was off!

So anyways all destruction sphere done. Onto Baaj Temple!

Edit: Already beaten! No absorbing. Tidus and Wakka made short work of him and Fire Gems.

bobawesome

I'm not sure what possessed me to do it but I finally started the task of capturing 10 of each monster. I've finished 8 areas now. Not looking forward to finding those Tonberries.

Shahed

Seeing all these Tales about people running into Dark Aeons randomly makes my heart warm. I knew they were there this time so I was fine, but I died to Dark Valefor, Ixion, Shiva, Bahamut and the Magus Sisters back in the day without a clue they were even there and lost loads of playtime. Legged it away from Ifrit and Yojimbo when I saw their custscenes . Never came across Anima

bobawesome

I was exploring (spoilers for people who don't want to know where it's located)
..........................Mt. Gagazet
the other night in search of Al Bhed Primers and freed Dark Anima, thinking it was normal Anima. Yeah...that fight didn't pan out too well for me.

Typomancer

Neo Member
So I’ve been playing FFX sparsely when I get the time. Beat the Luca Goers, 4:3, in overtime with 30 seconds left. Saw Wakka with the trophy for the first time ever. Nice to have finally done that more than 10 years later.

JimPanzer

I'm not sure what possessed me to do it but I finally started the task of capturing 10 of each monster. I've finished 8 areas now. Not looking forward to finding those Tonberries.

I actually found the tonberries to be much easier then some of the other monsters like valaha in the cave of the stolen fayth

anddo0

Did the Calm Lands monster hunting quest, and find out I can't open the chest because it's tied to
an omega weapon
. Very disappointed. I'm playing for the story, and don't want to go through those frustrating mini-games. I want no part of it.

Luigi87

Feels so nice being able to farm One-Eye... Spending the Gil to preemptively make an AP weapon for Tidus was good advice.
Now if only he'd give me the drops I need.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I made sure to use one to let Tidus cross over into Auron's, so I can keep buffing him up enough to farm them from the Arena eventually. But there really is an imbalance between how many L3 locks there are and how many keys you get on a normal playthrough.

This poster was apparently successful in getting an armor drop. Only a 6% drop rate though.

The L3 locks are why I always take Kimahri down Rikku's path, give him Master Thief (Remiem Temple Race 4 chests) and steal a bunch of L3 sphere from the ronso battle.

Only 6% for no encounter armor drop from Ghosts. Now I feel lucky I got two from killing 10 Ghosts for the Arena.

Got control of the airship again, time to sidequest again for the next 10-20 hours.

MikeRahl

Finally got around to starting this game last night and in my half asleep stupor I think I managed to forgot the item in the Besaid Temple.

Am I screwed by Dark Valefor now or can I backtrack at some point and pick it up? I am not sure if I want to sit through all those cutscenes again although maybe I could just sleep walk through it as I am on the Vita

Finally got around to starting this game last night and in my half asleep stupor I think I managed to forgot the item in the Besaid Temple.

Am I screwed by Dark Valefor now or can I backtrack at some point and pick it up? I am not sure if I want to sit through all those cutscenes again although maybe I could just sleep walk through it as I am on the Vita

If you have already left the island on the ship, there is no way of getting back there before Dark Valefor spawns unfortunately.

I got the Sun Sigil right when I entered Calm Lands. Guard won't move.

I got the Sun Crest and airship after beating you know who. Guard is still there.

WTF? Do I have to get < 0.0 again? And where's that trainer? He's not in his original spot (near the guard).

Ourobolus

Banned
I got the Sun Sigil right when I entered Calm Lands. Guard won't move.

I got the Sun Crest and airship after beating you know who. Guard is still there.

WTF? Do I have to get < 0.0 again? And where's that trainer? He's not in his original spot (near the guard).
No, just race again. I just did the first training race and he moved.

If you came in by airship, the trainer should be just outside the little shop in the middle.

Holmes

Erm, uh, my encounter rate has gone down dramatically in X-2. I walked the whole Calm Lands and Thunder Plains with no encounter. None of my garment grids, accessories or abilities reduce encounter rate at all. This is really annoying.

Not on the ship but I am outside of the Temple and it won't let me back in.

I never tried going back into the cloister right after leaving before, but it sounds like you are stuck. Have you left town yet? If you haven't you can try leaving to start the journey and then backtrack to the village and attempt to enter the trial again. That is the only other thing I can think of trying.

Top Bottom