• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Getting close on Chocobo Catcher, best time is 8.6 seconds.

I find this WAY harder than butterflies or lightning bolts, since this one has a lot of luck involved. The other two are skill based and were completed in less than half an hour each.

Ok well Geosganeo was piss easy with Evade+Counter on Wakka and Tidus celestial weapon. He got zero hits in and it seems he barely has any hp. Also got no encounters weapon for Tidus so yay!

Man, I had forgotten how good of a grinding/leveling spot the Bevelle hallway is - crazy good exp for this point in the game. It's a shame one of your characters isn't in your group for that part, but fuck that specific character. :p

ubercheez

I guess this is where I differ. I found you can swing left and right and the chocobo goes pretty quick. I do agree you do have to know the route to go. However, it can be done in 10-30 minutes depending on how quick you pick up. Remiem also has great rewards for getting everything. Mostly I would say 4 chests is where you want to aim for. 5 if you really want the trophy, but Three Stars isn't that useful of an item compared to Pendulum.

Yeah, I had to hit the poles to beat the 5 chest race, and I didn't care enough about the Three Stars prize to keep going after getting the trophy.

Man, I had forgotten how good of a grinding/leveling spot the Bevelle hallway is - crazy good exp for this point in the game. It's a shame one of your characters isn't in your group for that part, but fuck that specific character. :p

It really is. I only spent like half an hour there and I've been way overleveled for everything since.

Carbonox

Yeah I love this spot for farming. Can stay there for a huge amount of time if you want before it starts becoming pointless. Great place.

It really is. I only spent like half an hour there and I've been way overleveled for everything since.

Yeah I love this spot for farming. Can stay there for a huge amount of time if you want before it starts becoming pointless. Great place.

Yeah, I might stay here for a bit and just grind. It's funny - I hate grinding in some games, but in others, I don't mind it (and find it entertaining). I'm nearing the end of Wakka's path, and I have no level 3 keys unfortunately. I guess he'll just sit there for a while until I get a key. Kimahri knows Steal, so I should be able to get a few from a boss fight later with him, I think?

HeelPower

Yeah, I might stay here for a bit and just grind. It's funny - I hate grinding in some games, but in others, I don't mind it (and find it entertaining). I'm nearing the end of Wakka's path, and I have no level 3 keys unfortunately. I guess he'll just sit there for a while until I get a key. Kimahri knows Steal, so I should be able to get a few from a boss fight later with him, I think?

I think the sphere grid makes grinding a lot more fun in FFX or a lot more bearable.

Its a well done progression system.

I think the sphere grid makes grinding a lot more fun in FFX or a lot more bearable.

Its a well done progression system.

Yeah, definitely. You're always just a little bit away from getting more HP, MP, or various stats. It's really addicting. I've thought to myself several times while playing "Oh, I'm like 1000 AP away from getting a new ability! Just gonna grind for a sec before going on with the story." lol

Ok well Geosganeo was piss easy with Evade+Counter on Wakka and Tidus celestial weapon. He got zero hits in and it seems he barely has any hp. Also got no encounters weapon for Tidus so yay!

Congrats, now we can both suffer going through the Lightning Dodge!
I am doing sets of 10. I find it easier not to screw up when I only have to concentrate at 10 at a time. Hopefully when I get hit I will have over 200.

I'm nearing the end of Wakka's path, and I have no level 3 keys unfortunately. I guess he'll just sit there for a while until I get a key. Kimahri knows Steal, so I should be able to get a few from a boss fight later with him, I think?
Kimarhi with Steal and Haste makes the two Ronso you face so much easier. I had fun learning all the moves and stealing all their Level 3 Spheres. I ended up with 11 after the fight. It is really worth having Kimarhi know Mug and Haste. My Tidus does not have enough MP to use Hastaga often, my Kimarhi has no issue with MP. It is odd how useful he is in both class types. Guess not getting a sphere grid of his own does this.

Kimarhi with Steal and Haste makes the two Ronso you face so much easier. I had fun learning all the moves and stealing all their Level 3 Spheres. I ended up with 11 after the fight. It is really worth having Kimarhi know Mug and Haste. My Tidus does not have enough MP to use Hastaga often, my Kimarhi has no issue with MP. It is odd how useful he is in both class types. Guess not getting a sphere grid of his own does this.

Hmm, I regret not sending him down Tidus' path for Haste then. :( I do have one White Magic Sphere, but I'm not sure if I should use it for that one battle. Then again, I need several level 3 keys, so...

Shahed

Yeah, definitely. You're always just a little bit away from getting more HP, MP, or various stats. It's really addicting. I've thought to myself several times while playing "Oh, I'm like 1000 AP away from getting a new ability! Just gonna grind for a sec before going on with the story." lol
Grinding is actually fine for most of the game since the battles are tactical and can be fun. The Sphere levelling system also makes it nice.

That goes out the window later when levelling becomes monotonous. You'll be praying for a normal level up system once you have 99 Sphere Levels on multiple people!

EDIT: Beaten...

Grinding is actually fine for most of the game since the battles are tactical and can be fun. The Sphere levelling system also makes it nice.

That goes out the window later when levelling becomes monotonous. You'll be praying for a normal level up system once you have 99 Sphere Levels om multiple people!

lol, that's the second time I've heard that. :p I may or may not get to that point (since I'm not sure I'm gonna do the optional encounters on this playthrough). The end game of FFX is such a boring slog, so I dunno if I'm gonna do it.

Hmm, I regret not sending him down Tidus' path for Haste then. :( I do have one White Magic Sphere, but I'm not sure if I should use it for that one battle. Then again, I need several level 3 keys, so...

Do you have the Special/Skill spheres that let you teach the skills? I would just use it for Hastaga. Haste maybe. Slow is really meh because many enemies are immune to it. I used it for Mug because honestly Kimarhi on Rikku's path is kinda pointless. Tidus gives him the speed and power balance. Wakka gives him power and evasion. Lulu helps for his Overdrives. Really the only reason why I did it is because the Expert Sphere makes it so easy to give Kimarhi Steal/Use.

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhh beat Geosganeo but no weapons dropped so I have to restart. How many does he usually drop if it happens? only one?

Ughhh beat Geosganeo but no weapons dropped so I have to restart. How many does he usually drop if it happens? only one?

One item 50% chance. Yeah, that is why I just went with Customization. 100% chance to steal one, get 2-3 per battle. Get one battle of Zombies per minute. I felt it was not worth worrying if he would drop the weapon or not.

Prototype

Dark Yojimbo killed me and I hadn't saved for a long while last night... and with that I've lost interest to go on. Gonna pack it up for a bit and play something else. I mostly bought this to support FFhd remasters. Here's hoping they make 12, among others.
ff6 3d remake please!
Overall, I think FFx/x2 was a good package though, and loved that they included both games + the extra content.

Wazzy

Banned
One item 50% chance. Yeah, that is why I just went with Customization. 100% chance to steal one, get 2-3 per battle. Get one battle of Zombies per minute. I felt it was not worth worrying if he would drop the weapon or not.

Dropped one for me.

Alright cool thanks! If after two more times he doesn't drop it I'll just do the customization option.

He's not that hard, anyway. Evade & Counter yaaaaaaaaa

HeelPower

yup its just a lot of fun!

Especially later on when it opens up.

JimPanzer

any recommendations on how to how to fill up the empty nodes for the endgame content (e.g. how many luck, str etc spheres to grind)? I'm not a perfectionist, just want to beat the bosses.

I wish Wakka's grid connected to someone other than Lulu's... I will probably have to teleport him somewhere else when he's done with his.
Depends if you want to use his Overdrives or not. Lulu helps you out with max damage. Normal attacks, Wakka and Tidus give you the best stats for a fighter. So yeah, go however you want. Auron's path kinda blows. I got Full Break so I managed to avoid wasting his time.

Balphon

Do you have the Special/Skill spheres that let you teach the skills? I would just use it for Hastaga. Haste maybe. Slow is really meh because many enemies are immune to it. I used it for Mug because honestly Kimarhi on Rikku's path is kinda pointless. Tidus gives him the speed and power balance. Wakka gives him power and evasion. Lulu helps for his Overdrives. Really the only reason why I did it is because the Expert Sphere makes it so easy to give Kimarhi Steal/Use.

I wouldn't have him follow Lulu. I sent Kimahri down Wakkas path and he still had higher magic than Lulu at the end of the game despite the fact that I leveled everyone equally.

Beats

I decided to check out at the sidequest stuff (mostly monster catching and the optional bosses) after beating the game a couple of days ago, but it seems like an extremely tedious process. > . <

Besides that I think I appreciate the story a lot more this time around and the ending was nice as well. I think I'll move on to X-2 now.

I wouldn't have him follow Lulu. I sent Kimahri down Wakkas path and he still had higher magic than Lulu at the end of the game despite the fact that I leveled everyone equally.

Standard or Expert? I notice Wakka's Expert Sphere does not give you nearly the MP that the Standard does.

Tiamant

Welp

e71oKiT.jpg

piFxAEm.jpg

I thought I might have a chance at level 50, not even close.

Tiamant

Really? You should be fine at level 50.

Are you using Protect?

Yes, I'm using protect, hastega and mega-potions every turn with my alchemist but he uses that damn "bad breath" attack and then the fire storm. I struggle to stay alive, I think I only made like 2000 damage.

And now I see it has 334000 HP darksoulsnope.gif

ubercheez

Alright cool thanks! If after two more times he doesn't drop it I'll just do the customization option.

He's not that hard, anyway. Evade & Counter yaaaaaaaaa

Had to kill him 5 times last night before he finally dropped one for me. A little annoying, but the fight was pretty easy with two Evade & Counter weapons.

Falk

that puzzling face
any recommendations on how to how to fill up the empty nodes for the endgame content (e.g. how many luck, str etc spheres to grind)? I'm not a perfectionist, just want to beat the bosses.

Maxing out STR and AGI first is probably the most efficient start as it'll allow you to kill stuff faster for everything else you need. You don't need to calculate exactly how many spheres you need so that everyone hits 255 after activating everything else on the node - that actually makes you spend more time than if you just grinded till the primary guys had 255 STR / 170 AGI, ignoring all the small-fry +1 and +2s across the sphere grid.

There's more than enough empty nodes that you can afford to 'waste' a few and overshoot 255. And it's way faster to powerlevel other characters by zooming them to the area you've planted those down than, again, activating all the shitty +1s across the rest of the grid.

Atlantis

Yes, I'm using protect, hastega and mega-potions every turn with my alchemist but he uses that damn "bad breath" attack and then the fire storm. I struggle to stay alive, I think I only made like 2000 damage.

Stashed Mega-Potions are really slow, you might want to consider White Mage instead. It's actually a much better healer when set up correctly.

Expert. Lulu had comparatively lower magic than Kimahri and especially Yuna for most of the game for me.

If you're using Expert, Lulu shouldn't be too far behind if you take advantage of her proximity to Yuna's Grid. She does struggle though, especially since a huge chunk of the Magic stat boots in her grid are in the last section with Doublecast.

Footos22

Is catnip still in this game? As this boss was stupid easy on ps2 with that lol.

UnrealEck

I'm not sure if I should rent this on PS3. I have a month's free rental coming up and I've not played FFX since it came out on PS2 (I still have it). I've not played X-2 at all either. But, the thing that's making me pause is whether the non-graphical additions make it worthwhile.

Tiamant

Is catnip still in this game? As this boss was stupid easy on ps2 with that lol.

Kinda but it's been nerfed to hell and back, which I'm fine with because it made all the postgame stupidly easy. Trema, Almighty Shinra and Major Numerus are going to be fun.

Hmm, I feel like I missed a few paths with Rikku's expert sphere grid. I am at the end of her grid (Bribe), and she's the last character you get.. wtf. I'm still not at the end with anyone other than Wakka at the moment (I mean, now I am with Rikku, too). Is her path just really short? I want to send her down Tidus' path since she's so close, but need dem level 3 keys. Technically, there is one more short path she could go, but it's locked by a lot of level 3 and 4 keys, so gonna have to do that later, I guess.

Balphon

If you're using Expert, Lulu shouldn't be too far behind if you take advantage of her proximity to Yuna's Grid. She does struggle though, especially since a huge chunk of the Magic stat boots in her grid are in the last section with Doublecast.

I had her cut in to Yuna's a few times, but since Yuna was cutting into hers as well it ended up being a bit of a push. Kimahri likely ended up ahead because he and Wakka hit the end of the path they were on way faster due to the absence of detours.

My copy finally arrived a few days ago! Just getting started, and already am in love with the game. I'm ashamed to say that I only sunk a few hours into X and X-2 on the PlayStation 2, and thus never completed them. Can't wait to finally finish them - should be a lot easier to do since I will be taking advantage of the Cross-Save functionality. :) Great thread, OP!!

UCvydaz.jpg

So I was able to finally do it. My advice is to do sets of 10. I did not realize how many I dodged after the fact. I only died because a bolt did not spawn when it was suppose to.
gA2wrwj.jpg

YTnNWs3.jpg

Now to ice my arm and play the game normally! That undead fiend is going down!
Edit: That was only a bronze trophy? Screw you Square! XD

Top Bottom