• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Magnus

I love that the girls' menu portraits change to reflect their dress sphere. That's new to the International version of the game, right?

Also, lol at the new dress sphere right off the top of the game - I'm busting out random Firagas in Chapter 1.

X-2 is a fun stress release from X's plodding pace every now and then. I'm vascilating between the two.

Levyne

Banned
I love that the girls' menu portraits change to reflect their dress sphere. That's new to the International version of the game, right?

Also, lol at the new dress sphere right off the top of the game - I'm busting out random Firagas in Chapter 1.

I think it's new. It's a really (really) nice touch that I hadn't noticed before.

It would be even more awesome if their outfits changed in game, outside of battle.

(Looks at LR prices)

This game keeps impressing me after all these years of playthroughs. Traveling to Besaid after defeating Spheromorph and talking to npcs on the way is making me appreciate the world a lot more. I love how almost everyone has things to say about Yuna's wedding and I never did notice all the Yeven warrior monks being stationed around. These details are really refreshing to find since I thought I knew the game well. Also I usually never ended up getting Jecht spheres till later in my playthroughs.

Best part was doing a seagull counting mini game on the ship to Kilka and winning an incredible (almost 50% mag increase) ball for Wakka. Totally didn't expect that! All I wanted was to pick up valefor's summon upgrade before the dark aeons showed up but I found a large stretch of world bullding I had never experienced before. I imagine many miss out on this stuff and immediately head towards Macarena temple.

"First Strike" for Tidus and then "flee" made this journey kinda painless too.

This game keeps impressing me after all these years of playthroughs. Traveling to Besaid after defeating Spheromorph and talking to npcs on the way is making me appreciate the world a lot more. I love how almost everyone has things to say about Yuna's wedding and I never did notice all the Yeven warrior monks being stationed around. These details are really refreshing to find since I thought I knew the game well. Also I usually never ended up getting Jecht spheres till later in my playthroughs.

Best part was doing a seagull counting mini game on the ship to Kilka and winning an incredible (almost 50% mag increase) ball for Wakka. Totally didn't expect that! All I wanted was to pick up valefor's summon upgrade before the dark aeons showed up but I found a large stretch of world bullding I had never experienced before. I imagine many miss out on this stuff and immediately head towards Macarena temple.

AYE!

Love this. :lol

Ostinatto

Huh? I am pretty sure donating to him does not affect what he stocks at all, only how much he sells it for.

0 - 100 gil -> all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices
101 - 1000 gil -> all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices
1001 - 10000 -> all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices
10001+ -> items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices

i'm kind of lost with this one, you'll get better prices if you lend less than 10001 gil?

Son Of D

So you're telling me you did all this without grinding:
- Final Fantasy VII's Ruby and Emerald
- Final Fantasy VIII's Omega Weapon and played without Triple Triad
- Final Fantasy IX's Ozma
- Final Fantasy XII's Marks and Yiazmat
- Final Fantasy XIII's Ultimate Weapons (and the missions are a big grind really)
- Legend of Legaia's Lapis
- Every Tales game's Titles and Superbosses
- SMT Devil Survivor's Lucifer
- Persona 3 and 4's Superbosses aren't that hard, but only because you have to go around the game twice to get to them.
- I'm forgetting heaps of others, obviously.

Some of these games sidequests are just massive fetch quests alone that are grinds by the sheer nature of the task. I don't know where you're coming from saying FFX has grinding while the others don't. X also has Yojimbo, which massively expedites things.
Not to brag but I recently defeated ozma with a level 1 party. Granted there was a lot of luck involved.

Manu

The guide I'm following says I need to catch a Chocobo and I have time until Chatper 3.

Does that mean until Chapter 3 starts, or during Chapter 3 as well?

Luigi87

You should have the items to make at least one AP farming weapon without needing One-Eye, make it for Tidus or Wakka, finish most of the sphere grid with them and then one overdrive with a Celestial Weapon to kill One-Eye over and over.
Ah I hadn't thought of that. I'll do that.

Thanks all.

Just to confirm since it's been so long... it's impossible to miss the destruction sphere in Bevelle, right? it's required to beat the temple?

Levyne

Banned
You can get both items if you bring 2 Bevelle spheres to the end, iirc.

(or is it two glyph spheres? I just did this like a week ago...my memory sucks)

ZeroX03

Banned
Not to brag but I recently defeated ozma with a level 1 party. Granted there was a lot of luck involved.

And how much preparation and resetting was involved? Yes you can beat a lot of superbosses without grinding levels, but usually requires a huge amount of time getting the right equipment, battles where you have to petrify enemies, etc to the point where it's comparable to the time spent level grinding

I got in my piggyback guide for final fantasy x-2 today.

It looks really slick, and is in decent condition. It doesn't have the international stuff, but I can consult a difference faq for that.

It does have a chapter based layout, but the maps for each area are all right there (no flipping back and forth) what else are the big differences between it and the Brady games guide?

Wazzy

Banned
Maxed out Kimahri's spirit lance. Butterfly game is super easy once you get used to the pattern. I just acquired masamune and godhand and now I'm working on getting
anima

So how tough is Geosganeo anyway? I just defeated
Yunalesca
so I'm ready to access it, how much grinding does that one basically need? I want dat no encounters so I can do lightning dodge and other stuff.

Maxed out Kimahri's spirit lance. Butterfly game is super easy once you get used to the pattern. I just acquired masamune and godhand and now I'm working on getting
anima
Yeah, I really do not get the complaints against the Butterfly game. It isn't as tedious as lightning or as luck based as the chocobo catcher. I feel like it and the Remiem chests are the most fair of the sidequests.

Yunalesca
, how much grinding does that one basically need? I want dat no encounters so I can do lightning dodge and other stuff.
He is not tough, but he does use Stone Gaze. So you want to have proof. Honestly, I found it easier to get Master Thief with Rikku and farm on the Zombies before Yun. Master Thief = 1 Salt. You get 2-3 per fight easy. Rikku steal, Tidus flee, then you got your armor in 10 minutes. However, you do need to beat Geosganeo to get that Aeon, so hopefully the 50% drop is on your side.

Manu

Yeah, I really do not get the complaints against the Butterfly game. It isn't as tedious as lightning or as luck based as the chocobo catcher. I feel like it and the Remiem chests are the most fair of the sidequests.

He is not tough, but he does use Stone Gaze. So you want to have proof. Honestly, I found it easier to get Master Thief with Rikku and farm on the Zombies before Yun. Master Thief = 1 Salt. You get 2-3 per fight easy. Rikku steal, Tidus flee, then you got your armor in 10 minutes. However, you do need to beat Geosganeo to get that Aeon, so hopefully the 50% drop is on your side.

I died like five times to Geosgaeno because I always killed him when struggling to leave his belly. Stupid fight.

Wazzy

Banned

Yeah exactly. I'm blanking, which is the remiem chests quest? is that the one to get the cloudy mirror? Because if so that only took me one try and I didn't even understand what to do lol

HeelPower

Can somebody guide me?

I am a bit stuck where I am now. I can't do the AP trick because I don't have the required items.

I can't beat one-eye or any of the monster arena stuff because I am weak and they destroy me with status ailments.And Ribbon is basically a drop from Dark Yojimbo (?)

I just don't know exactly how to tackle things atm.

Yunalesca
so I'm ready to access it, how much grinding does that one basically need? I want dat no encounters so I can do lightning dodge and other stuff.

Use poison fang with Rikku. Will destroy him.

I died like five times to Geosgaeno because I always killed him when struggling to leave his belly. Stupid fight.

Yeah, they say not to attack when he eats your guy. I found it best to take that turn to heal and buff up. Still though, it does kind of suck the weapon drop rate is only 50%.

The method I posted still works. You can get Master Thief by getting 4 chests in Remiem. That is pretty easy honestly. The only tough one is all 5.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can somebody guide me?

I am a bit stuck where I am now. I can't do the AP trick because I don't have the required items.

I can't beat one-eye or any of the monster arena stuff because I am weak and they destroy me with status ailments.And Ribbon is basically a drop from Dark Yojimbo (?)

I just don't know exactly how to tackle things atm.

Unlock all the monsters in the arena, will give you the items to make a weapon for the AP trick plus a Haste/Protect armor. Give it to Tidus or Wakka, they'll finish the sphere grid in an hour.

Yeah exactly. I'm blanking, which is the remiem chests quest? is that the one to get the cloudy mirror? Because if so that only took me one try and I didn't even understand what to do lol

The remiem chests is after getting the cloudy mirror. It is easy to win if you are just going for the goal, the difficult part is collecting 5 treasure chest before reaching the goal and beating the other chocobo. While there is very little luck involved, there is also almost no room for error if you want to win the race after getting 5 chests. It is one of the trophies.

I personally find it harder than the butterflies, lightning, and chocobo catcher.

Wazzy

Banned
The remiem chests is after getting the cloudy mirror. It is easy to win if you are just going for the goal, the difficult part is collecting 5 treasure chest before reaching the goal and beating the other chocobo. While there is very little luck involved, there is also almost no room for error if you want to win the race after getting 5 chests. It is one of the trophies.

I personally find it harder than the butterflies, lightning, and chocobo catcher.

Ahhhh okay I'll have to go back and do that later. Thanks!

HeelPower

You could hope for a Zanmato for Dark Yojimbo. That is how I plan to do the Dark Aeons.

That's one way to do it.Thanks.
Unlock all the monsters in the arena, will give you the items to make a weapon for the AP trick plus a Haste/Protect armor. Give it to Tidus or Wakka, they'll finish the sphere grid in an hour.

Alright so I should focus now on getting 10 of each monster in the game.Then things should start opening up.

Cuz I am stuck right now.lol.

I guess this is where I differ. I found you can swing left and right and the chocobo goes pretty quick. I do agree you do have to know the route to go. However, it can be done in 10-30 minutes depending on how quick you pick up. Remiem also has great rewards for getting everything. Mostly I would say 4 chests is where you want to aim for. 5 if you really want the trophy, but Three Stars isn't that useful of an item compared to Pendulum.

Panthers

That's one way to do it.Thanks.

Alright so I should focus now on getting 10 of each monster in the game.Then things should start opening up.

Cuz I am stuck right now.lol.

That's what I am going to do. I always enjoyed monster hunting. The problem is getting items to do the AP trick with everyone since I want to get all the grids done.

Top Bottom