• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Ourobolus

Banned
Erm, uh, my encounter rate has gone down dramatically in X-2. I walked the whole Calm Lands and Thunder Plains with no encounter. None of my garment grids, accessories or abilities reduce encounter rate at all. This is really annoying.
You positive you don't have a Charm Bangle equipped?

Holmes

You positive you don't have a Charm Bangle equipped?
Yup, I'm not even at the part where I can have a Charm Bangle. Just got the Alchemist and changed Yuna to it, then encounter rate down. Might be RNG shenanigans. I'll close the application and see later, should be studying anyway.

The L3 locks are why I always take Kimahri down Rikku's path, give him Master Thief (Remiem Temple Race 4 chests) and steal a bunch of L3 sphere from the ronso battle.

Only 6% for no encounter armor drop from Ghosts. Now I feel lucky I got two from killing 10 Ghosts for the Arena.

Got control of the airship again, time to sidequest again for the next 10-20 hours.
Yeah, Master Thief is worth having on a character. Kimarhi is a good idea. I put it on Rikku because I already fought the Ronsos by the time I got the Pendulums. It will so help you in Zanarkand stealing Salts from the Zombies. You can get 30 of them for No Encounter pretty quickly wondering around.

So which Sidequests should I tackle first? Celestial, Dark Aoen, Monster Catcher, or Omega Ruins? I think I am going to try for Celestial and Monster Catcher first since it helps to get AP Gear.

SeZMehK

I finally got 0.0.0. Damn, I hate that minigame. I am happy that it is finally done. I am currently at the
cave of the stolen fayth
, I haven't run into a vahala (sp?) yet. Are they inside or outside the cave?

Seda

Yup, I'm not even at the part where I can have a Charm Bangle. Just got the Alchemist and changed Yuna to it, then encounter rate down. Might be RNG shenanigans. I'll close the application and see later, should be studying anyway.
Can't you get a Charm Bangle from Calm Land prizes practically as soon as you get to choose where to go?

JimPanzer

I finally got 0.0.0. Damn, I hate that minigame. I am happy that it is finally done. I am currently at the
cave of the stolen fayth
, I haven't run into a vahala (sp?) yet. Are they inside or outside the cave?

inside, they are pretty rare though. I captured 10 tonberries faster than 10 of them.

Hmm, it wouldn't be a waste to put the Master Thief ability on Kimahri's armor, would it? Seems like that would be very helpful in stealing a lot of level 3 keys that I need from that one boss battle. It would make stealing on Rikku less useful, but I don't guess it matters much. I could always farm some more of those later if I want?

Hmm, it wouldn't be a waste to put the Master Thief ability on Kimahri's armor, would it? Seems like that would be very helpful in stealing a lot of level 3 keys that I need from that one boss battle. It would make stealing on Rikku less useful, but I don't guess it matters much. I could always farm some more of those later if I want?
Not really. Kimarhi makes a pretty good thief considering he is pretty high on the speed stat. You are bound to steal x2 doing that method, so you should get around 15 Level 3 Spheres putting it on Kimarhi. Really Master Thief helps you get the rare steal each time. It helps plenty when you are grinding for Gems or Salts. I powered through the last of the game under-leveled thanks to Fire Gems.

Not really. Kimarhi makes a pretty good thief considering he is pretty high on the speed stat. You are bound to steal x2 doing that method, so you should get around 15 Level 3 Spheres putting it on Kimarhi. Really Master Thief helps you get the rare steal each time. It helps plenty when you are grinding for Gems or Salts. I powered through the last of the game under-leveled thanks to Fire Gems.

Ah cool, thanks. I need quite a few level 3 keys, so I'll probably put Master Thief on his armor. :)

Yeah, Master Thief is worth having on a character. Kimarhi is a good idea. I put it on Rikku because I already fought the Ronsos by the time I got the Pendulums. It will so help you in Zanarkand stealing Salts from the Zombies. You can get 30 of them for No Encounter pretty quickly wondering around.

So which Sidequests should I tackle first? Celestial, Dark Aoen, Monster Catcher, or Omega Ruins? I think I am going to try for Celestial and Monster Catcher first since it helps to get AP Gear.

This will be my first time with the dark aeons, so they will be last. I usually go Celestial/Aeons first, then Monster Catcher/Omega Ruins. Aeons make fighting the original creations more manageable until you get stronger.

Hollycat

I think they used the KH VA for the extras like Last Mission and Eternal Calm. Yet, it may just be the actor could never get it right after FFX as well.

Yeah, we looked it up something like 50 pages back, it's the original VA, he just lost his Wakka soul.

So announcement: Just beat my blitzball record. 17-0. I'm seriously going to give it up this time, I swear.

I can't believe I used to think blitzball was a terrible minigame.

This will be my first time with the dark aeons, so they will be last. I usually go Celestial/Aeons first, then Monster Catcher/Omega Ruins. Aeons make fighting the original creations more manageable until you get stronger.

Right, but to get the
Magnus Sisters
, you need to catch all the creatures in Zanarkand as well as Mt Gaz. So I thought it may help to just go ahead at try the Monster Catcher quest since you need 10 areas for the last Celestial weapon. Sounds about right, I will leave Omega Ruins for last then. Time for the Cactuar quest!

Right, but to get the
Magnus Sisters
, you need to catch all the creatures in Zanarkand as well as Mt Gaz. So I thought it may help to just go ahead at try the Monster Catcher quest since you need 10 areas for the last Celestial weapon. Sounds about right, I will leave Omega Ruins for last then. Time for the Cactuar quest!

Well I have catch weapons on my melee fighter after the calm lands, so I catch Mt. Gaz and Zanarkand monsters the first time through.

Hollycat

Right, but to get the
Magnus Sisters
Just Gagazet Actually.

Roto13

Erm, uh, my encounter rate has gone down dramatically in X-2. I walked the whole Calm Lands and Thunder Plains with no encounter. None of my garment grids, accessories or abilities reduce encounter rate at all. This is really annoying.

This happened to me, too. I got to the Calm Lands and got into some fights and then checked out the old arena and did some general exploring in the area and now nothing is attacking me there at all. Like I killed all of the monsters already. I don't remember that happening in the original version. Was this kind of thing added to Last Mission?

Jisgsaw

Eh, got the Sun Sigil on first try, nice.

Quick question on FFX-2:
I'll probably switch to that as I know FFX in and out, but only rushed once threw FFX-2.
How long is a normal run, without following a guide nor aiming for 100% story completion?
Is it a good idea to do such a run first? I heard monster catching is more thought for NG+...

Jisgsaw

I read there's a bug that makes that not work, so you had to do it again.

Well, it's there in my key items list, so...

Sun sigil on First try? Damn I have no idea how that's possible. I did it once on ps2 but I can't seem to manage now

Reflexes boy, reflexes.
And luck on ballon placement (I got 18...)

I think the hours I spend on it on PS2 must have carved themselves in my subconscient, making it pretty easy. I had more trouble with the Chocobo training part 2 and 3...

ubercheez

Quick question on FFX-2:
I'll probably switch to that as I know FFX in and out, but only rushed once threw FFX-2.
How long is a normal run, without following a guide nor aiming for 100% story completion?
Is it a good idea to do such a run first? I heard monster catching is more thought for NG+...

If you follow only the critical story path, you could probably beat the game in 10 hours. But even if you're not going for 100%, I'd recommend visiting all the areas in each chapter for the missions.

I think the hours I spend on it on PS2 must have carved themselves in my subconscient, making it pretty easy. I had more trouble with the Chocobo training part 2 and 3...
I guess that is why it took me three hours. I never bothered to finish the game when I was young. I am just glad the only things left are based around the normal gameplay. Never going to 100% it again though!

Jisgsaw

If you follow only the critical story path, you could probably beat the game in 10 hours. But even if you're not going for 100%, I'd recommend visiting all the areas in each chapter for the missions.

You'll miss a LOT of important stuff if you only go to "hotspots."

Hum.
So I'd guess by doing the hotspots and a bit sightseeing without searching too hard for secrets, the game would be something like 20 hours?

ok 200 dodges down!

I tried for an hour last night to get all 5 treasure chest and win the chocobos race and that's the new hell. I have all my super leveling weapons done, all celestial weapons and I have enough stat spheres to fill in the grid. I just need this race and it's all done but the grinding.

With no encounters+crater trick the 200 dodges was giga easy. Zero need to worry about that after all. Chocobo Catcher is sooooooooooo much worse it's not even funny.

Tidus+Lulu celestials get.

With no encounters+crater trick the 200 dodges was giga easy. Chocobo Catcher is sooooooooooo much worse it's not even funny.

Tidus+Lulu celestials get.

My main problem is really when lightning bolts do not trigger. It messed me up. I found sets of 10 made it not that bad overall. Catcher is the worst of the three and Butterfly is really nothing. Once you got the pattern down, you got the item easy. So Minigame difficulty: Butterfly < Chocobo Remium < Lightning < Chocobo Catch.

I have no played Blitzball enough to rate it yet. I think it will be in the middle.

ZeroX03

Banned
Blitzball with a half decent team is incredibly easy.

Score a point, hide behind the goal, wait for the next game, etc. It's more tedious than challenging

Blitzball with a half decent team is incredibly easy.

Score a point, hide behind the goal, wait for the next game, etc. It's more tedious than challenging

I could never figure out how to hide behind a goal. I think I am going to go with hiring people with actual stats so I will have little issue with it. The main problem in the story required game is that your team kind of blows.

Holmes

All my girls now know White Wind and Mighty Guard. Going for all Blue Bullet spells! #GunMageDomination

so concerning fotune/luck spheres...how many do I need to farm to beat the dark aeons?
Having over 100 luck more than an enemy always ensures a crit and being able to hit it, and Dark Mindy has the highest luck at 130. So you'll need 230 luck, which, along with the one +4 luck node on the grid (near the end of Rikku's path), is 53 luck spheres. That's 378 fortune spheres. Took me a good 5 - 6 hours to get it all.

Top Bottom