• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Son Of D

In X-2, does abusing Teleport give AP with Psychic? If so then this Dressphere will be mastered soon with the Intrepid grid.

EDIT: It doesn't. Looks like I can just throw potions to heal for AP farming.

JimPanzer

Having over 100 luck more than an enemy always ensures a crit and being able to hit it, and Dark Mindy has the highest luck at 130. So you'll need 230 luck, which, along with the one +4 luck node on the grid (near the end of Rikku's path), is 53 luck spheres. That's 378 fortune spheres. Took me a good 5 - 6 hours to get it all.

thanks! guess now starts the painful part of my playthrough :I

Holmes

Oh my god. Yuna was holding a monkey in Zanarkand Ruins and I decided to open a chest, she let the monkey go as she opened the chest, it was just sort of clinging to her arm. It looked hilarious and ridiculous.

Holykael1

Banned
I broke down and started it.
FF X looks so goooooooooood. Around 3 hours in, Im currently on a boat to Killika.
Tidus model actually looks good, Yuna is ugh.. her eyes... NOOOOO. It's not a big deal, I already got used to it.
Im loving the remastered OST. I didnt like besaid island's new arrangement until I heard it in the game itself, now I love it, it fits the place extremely well. Im already starting to get some nostalgia kicks. The lip syncing isnt as bad as I thought it would be either, I still have zero problems with the voice acting.. The only thing Im afraid will irk me is the encounter rate. Otherwise this is perfect. The menu redesigns are fantastic aswell. Kudos to SE.

hmm tempting. how are the dark aeons etc. battles? worth the hassle?

I mean, you get a trophy for beating them all. Outside of that you can farm D. Yojimbo for materials to customize a ribbon onto armor.

I think if you max out your STR, Defense, and Magic Defense, you can fight half of the aeons legit, but the harder ones require high luck stat to beat.

So I just finished my 2nd Tournament for Wakkas last Overdrive Auroch Reels, but I'm not sure right now, but can I somehow reset the prizes for the Spira League without resetting everything?
I haven't started playing the league yet, so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't really feel like putting back my team together to be honest.

Levyne

Banned
No way to reset the league prize without resetting all Blitzball data or simply clearing the league, unfortunately.

Ostinatto

1- is fatal cait sith worth it?
2- best defender blitzball player?
3- which path should i take with Rikku and Kimahri?

i've just arrived Guadosalam.

Oh my god status reels just won't friggin appear on the tournament prices. This is stoopid. Who the fuck would play for a shitty X-potion or Elixit anyway!

Edit: nevermind it's actually league price. Resetting worked.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh my god status reels just won't friggin appear on the tournament prices. This is stoopid. Who the fuck would play for a shitty X-potion or Elixit anyway!

Edit: nevermind it's actually league price. Resetting worked.

Does resetting kill the stats of all your teammates as well? Or does it literally only just change what prizes you can win?

SkylineRKR

It kills everything except for Jecht Shot. Puts you back at square one. Which means if you draw Psyches in a first round, good luck. But the rest is still easy with Wedge and Tidus once he can do JS.

So I just finished my 2nd Tournament for Wakkas last Overdrive Auroch Reels, but I'm not sure right now, but can I somehow reset the prizes for the Spira League without resetting everything?
I haven't started playing the league yet, so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't really feel like putting back my team together to be honest.

I don't know how far you are, but resetting isn't a pain if you have fast travel. It takes 2 minutes tops to recruit the best beginner team and dominate any league or tourney. In the end you're not wasting time playing for useless potions.

Does resetting kill the stats of all your teammates as well? Or does it literally only just change what prizes you can win?

Resets stats too.

I don't know how far you are, but resetting isn't a pain if you have fast travel. It takes 2 minutes tops to recruit the best beginner team and dominate any league or tourney. In the end you're not wasting time playing for useless potions.

Any guide/tips for the best beginner team?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It kills everything except for Jecht Shot. Puts you back at square one. Which means if you draw Psyches in a first round, good luck. But the rest is still easy with Wedge and Tidus once he can do JS.

Is there a list of the best beginner team? I don't think there are the proper words in the working English language to describe how much I loathe Blitzball, so I want to play as little as possible to get Wakka's Slots and Ultima Weapon.

Question about the resetting of blitzball stuff. Does everyone else's teams also reset? Like your opponents? Or just your team?

---

I just did the Remiem Temple chocobo race! I actually kind of like that minigame even though I hate how the camera angle messes with your "driving". I did it 3 times - once for the Cloudy Mirror, then again with 3 chests for the other item, and then 5 chests for the final item and trophy. :)

SkylineRKR

Resets stats too.

Any guide/tips for the best beginner team?

Is there a list of the best beginner team? I don't think there are the proper words in the working English language to describe how much I loathe Blitzball, so I want to play as little as possible to get Wakka's Slots and Ultima Weapon.

Wedge, the right guard at the stadium entrance. At RF

Tidus at LF

Zev Ronso from the Luca Docks (one screen to the right of the stadium entrance I think) at Mid. His pass stat is obscene, meaning he can reach far or pass through a few defenders. If you have Airship, then Brother from the cockpit. He breaks the game because he can outswim everything but the guados (but they're weak and can be broken through by Wedge). Draw all players to Brother, swim until you create some space between his cursor and the others, and pass to open forwards. I solely look at the radar playing this shit.

Zalitz from outside the Sphere Theater at DEF

Ropp from Highroad Travel Agency at DEF

Jumal as goalie. I forgot where he is... In the Cafe area I think. Guy grabs about everything at lower levels.

Basically, at level 1 pass around during first half. For second half equip Jecht Shot or Sphere shot. Pass to Tidus when he has 2 defenders or less around him. No Break and Jecht Shot. Or to Wedge, Break and shoot (Wither Shot). 2 weeks ago I couldn't play it like AT ALL. But now I destroy teams with 12-0. Except the Psyches with their OP goalie. The game also fucks you up by recommending auto controls, its shit. Manual is required.

After any given reset, Attack Reels is always the first tourney prize. Which is 3 games. After another reset, its Status Reels in the League. After yet another reset its Auroch Reels in the tournament. And the final reset gives you Jupiter Sigil in the League. Which equals about 26 games. You do need to have played 450 battles for the Sigil to appear though (and 250 for the Auroch Reels).

Son Of D

1- is fatal cait sith worth it?
2- best defender blitzball player?
3- which path should i take with Rikku and Kimahri?

i've just arrived Guadosalam.

1. It can be useful against Elemental enemies and the hard shelled monsters. It's not a guaranteed Death though.

2. Zalitz (in Luca, sitting on a wall near the Theater) has really good attack at low levels, but his other stats are lacking. Ropp's (Mi'ihen Highroad Agency) a great defender as well.

3. I personally take Kimahri down Rikku's path so that I have 2 characters able to steal (there's also a boss later on with Kimahri only that hold some Level 3 Key Spheres). Once Rikku's done with her patch I usually take her down Wakka's for the nice Strength and Accuracy boosts. Tidus is a good alternative.

sub_o

This game has just too many bullshit mini games.
  • Catcher chocobo, dodge those random birds, get those random placed balloons, and make it so that your final time is 0.00?
  • Dodge lightning, dodge those lightning while making your eyes strain throughout the whole thing?
  • Butterfly catching, dodge those red ones, those which you can't even see whether they are in front or back of your character, while make it blend to the background?
  • Blitzball, which seems to be okay for that time, but just way too slow.
  • The moving platform in the Cloister trial?

Who in the world designed those? Did they let them design FF13?

Man, this game is great, but those mini games are like designed by either game savant, those who never played one, or those who played the game on debug machine with 1/2 speed.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
  • Catcher chocobo, dodge those random birds, get those random placed balloons, and make it so that your final time is 0.00?
  • Dodge lightning, dodge those lightning while making your eyes strain throughout the whole thing?
  • Butterfly catching, dodge those red ones, those which you can't even see whether they are in front or back of your character, while make it blend to the background?

Who in the world designed those? Did they let them design FF13?

Man, this game is great, but those mini games are like designed by either game savant, those who never played one, or those who played the game on debug machine with 1/2 speed.

PS2 era, man. Games used to be a lot harder in the past. Players had to earn every inch instead of having a game hold their hand from checkpoint to checkpoint.

Wedge, the right guard at the stadium entrance. At RF

Tidus at LF

Zev Ronso from the Luca Docks (one screen to the right of the stadium entrance I think) at Mid. His pass stat is obscene, meaning he can reach far or pass through a few defenders. If you have Airship, then Brother from the cockpit. He breaks the game because he can outswim everything but the guados (but they're weak and can be broken through by Wedge). Draw all players to Brother, swim until you create some space between his cursor and the others, and pass to open forwards. I solely look at the radar playing this shit.

Zalitz from outside the Sphere Theater at DEF

Ropp from Highroad Travel Agency at DEF

Jumal as goalie. I forgot where he is... In the Cafe area I think. Guy grabs about everything at lower levels.

Basically, at level 1 pass around during first half. For second half equip Jecht Shot or Sphere shot. Pass to Tidus when he has 2 defenders or less around him. No Break and Jecht Shot. Or to Wedge, Break and shoot (Wither Shot). 2 weeks ago I couldn't play it like AT ALL. But now I destroy teams with 12-0. Except the Psyches with their OP goalie. The game also fucks you up by recommending auto controls, its shit. Manual is required.

After any given reset, Attack Reels is always the first tourney prize. Which is 3 games. After another reset, its Status Reels in the League. After yet another reset its Auroch Reels in the tournament. And the final reset gives you Jupiter Sigil in the League. Which equals about 26 games. You do need to have played 450 battles for the Sigil to appear though (and 250 for the Auroch Reels).

Yeah, brother, wedge and jecht shot make blizball more of a chote than a challenge. You could probably make due without using jumal as it is unlikely that the other team will even get solid scoring chances (maybe the ronso...)

This is the problem of many old school RPGs that exist: padding. I am not a huge fan of it honestly. I found games like Zelda do it much better.

Carbonox

Currently at Via Purifico story-wise. I remember Evrae being a challenge for me all those years ago. This time round I beat him in a few rounds thanks to Haste, Slow and putting Reflect on Evrae so his Hastes come to me instead. He only attacked once and I didn't have to move the ship either. :lol This is the only RPG where I'm willing to overgrind obscenely. Every run I'm always overlevelling and it's damn addictive.

Soooo, I'm at the end game of FFX, are there any good places for getting Level 3 Key Spheres? I've read they're a rare drop from
Defender-Z in Zanarkand
but is there any where else? I stole a bunch earlier from
Biran Ronso
but I think I need like another 10-15 still.

Also in general does anyone have sidequest order recommendations? When I played this game the first time through it was on vacation in college so I didn't have time for anything but the main story. So far all I've done is play a bit of Blitzball (got one of Wakka's over drives).

The core experience of FFX is perfectly crafted but the side activities consist of terrible mini-games and making the awesome sphere grid a nightmare of endless grinding.

^ you can bribe those demonolith's (?) like 1.2 million gil and they give you like 40-50 level 3's.

Soooo, I'm at the end game of FFX, are there any good places for getting Level 3 Key Spheres? I've read they're a rare drop from
Defender-Z in Zanarkand
Biran Ronso

I've gotten quite a few off the enemies in
side Sin
, I know for sure Behemoth Kings drop them. I think Barbatos's also can, or maybe its the great malboros.

Defender-Z in Zanarkand
Biran Ronso

Just keep battling the Defender Z, that is a good place to grind either way I've found.

SeZMehK

I still haven't figured out how you can hide behind your own goal... Any tips?

Currently at Via Purifico story-wise. I remember Evrae being a challenge for me all those years ago. This time round I beat him in a few rounds thanks to Haste, Slow and putting Reflect on Evrae so his Hastes come to me instead. He only attacked once and I didn't have to move the ship either. :lol This is the only RPG where I'm willing to overgrind obscenely. Every run I'm always overlevelling and it's damn addictive.

I cheesed out and did two phoenix downs on it. Dead. :D

After finally getting a time of 0:00 in the chocoholic race, needed only two hours and a lot of cursing, I thought I could dodge 200 lightning bolts. I've done it once on the ps2, but now after 3 hours of dodging and more cursing I don't know if I want to play this game anymore. My record is 170 dodges.

I still don't understand how they couldn't change the celestial challenges, at least to 100 bolts :(

Carbonox

I still haven't figured out how you can hide behind your own goal... Any tips?

I cheesed out and did two phoenix downs on it. Dead. :D

I was referring to the first form on the airship. The Undead one I'm about to face and I'll be cheesing that too as I can't be arsed to mess around with it. :p

Levyne

Banned
Took me three tries to get through the checkpoint unnoticed in Kilika chapter 3. Never took more than one in any previous playthrough. I'm getting old.

Did you see the crater "trick" makes things a lot more bearable.

That's my plan. I'm gonna do it for about 25~ minutes then go check. I have tried to count before, but I always lose track. :( Last time I did it, I kept going as long as I could and ended up dodging something like 500+ in a row, lol.

Wooo, just finished the Chocobo Catcher and got my Sun Sigil. It only took me around 20 minutes or so of doing it. Maybe even less. Honestly, I feel like this minigame is ALL luck and very little skill. On the times I lost, a lot of the starting ballons were on her side meaning I couldn't get them. On the time I won, the first 5-6 balloons were on my side, so I had a huge lead. And then luckily, the birds kept going after her and ignoring me while I racked up a lot of balloons. Ended up going 15 Balloons and 2 birds got me. :) I think that minigame would be a little bit easier if you could see where the invisible walls were - that's the main reason why people say the chocobos handle like "broken shopping carts" (lol). If they had just lined the path with something so you'd know where to get hit, it'd be better.

So I got that one done, and I finished all of the other chocobo racing (with the chests at the temple) - that minigame is fairly easy. I can do it like 90% of the time with no issues. The butterfly minigame is ok if you know the path... Lightning bolts is just a pain in the ass. I've done it once before a few years ago.. hopefully being a few years older won't make it harder! :p Poor Wakka... I just don't know if I have it in me to do Blitzball. :( Maybe... I've never gotten his ultimate weapon. Maybe I'll change that this time.

----

Are there any good places to get 3+ slotted armor for Kimahri before his boss in
Mt. Gagazet
? It seems like a waste to put Master Thief on some 2 slot thing, but... I will if I must.

SkylineRKR

Chocobo catcher is trash. I did it within 30 minutes or so but its just a matter of luck, the race needs to start so that you can grab the first 5 and not her. She will get hit if you stay in front and you can grab another few. From there its dodge and grab a bit. I made it with 14-1.

Butterfly is also trash. Although the wide course is relatively easy. The other I had to use a map for.

I kinda liked the cactuar minigame, and Blitzball.

That's my plan. I'm gonna do it for about 25~ minutes then go check. I have tried to count before, but I always lose track. :( Last time I did it, I kept going as long as I could and ended up dodging something like 500+ in a row, lol.

According to the Travel Agency, I sit at 455 right now. I stopped because I was bored and there is no point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm going to start playing blitzball so who should I recruit?

Where are you in the game?

Suddenly, Malboro.

Save after every fight if you don't have No Encounters on or don't have Auron's Ultimate (which has First Strike), so you can Flee, switch to someone with Flee, or bring in Yuna to summon.

Is there any reward for beating chocobo race at Remeiem Temple WITHOUT hitting any posts? I got all 5 chests and beat the other chocobo for the trophy thank god but hit a post on the way.

Top Bottom