• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ubercheez

Is there any reward for beating chocobo race at Remeiem Temple WITHOUT hitting any posts? I got all 5 chests and beat the other chocobo for the trophy thank god but hit a post on the way.

Yeah, hitting one or more posts will reduce your reward to a potion. In this case, the 5-chest reward is Three Stars x60.

I didn't care enough about that to keep going after I got the trophy on a pole-hitting run.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just refernig to a weird moment in X-2 :p

I was envisioning a Omega Ruins Great Malboro death.
KuGsj.gif

Just got the airship.

I was just reading Split's guide and he recommends forward: Linna, defense: Ropp, Balgerda or Kyou, goalie: Duren or Nimrook. Do people agree or disagree?

In all honesty, all I did was get Jumal as my goaltender (Nimrook is signed for like 20 games to start), Wakka as my MF and Brother as another forward (both are on the airship) and I've never come close to losing. If I actually play through, I win like 7 to 0, but most games I just score a couple times and chill out behind the goal while the other team bugs out.

Balphon

I was just reading Split's guide and he recommends forward: Linna, defense: Ropp, Balgerda or Kyou, goalie: Duren or Nimrook. Do people agree or disagree?

Unless Balgerda and Nimrook are already free agents you may want to look elsewhere. As others have said, Brother and Wedge at MF/Forward should make things easy at low levels. Ropp is probably the best defender in the game, as well.

Yeah, hitting one or more posts will reduce your reward to a potion. In this case, the 5-chest reward is Three Stars x60.

I didn't care enough about that to keep going after I got the trophy on a pole-hitting run.

What does Three Stars let you make or put on ability wise?

I was envisioning a Omega Ruins Great Malboro death.
KuGsj.gif

In all honesty, all I did was get Jumal as my goaltender (Nimrook is signed for like 20 games to start), Wakka as my MF and Brother as another forward (both are on the airship) and I've never come close to losing. If I actually play through, I win like 7 to 0, but most games I just score a couple times and chill out behind the goal while the other team bugs out.

Unless Balgerda and Nimrook are already free agents you may want to look elsewhere. As others have said, Brother and Wedge at MF/Forward should make things easy at low levels. Ropp is probably the best defender in the game, as well.

Thanks!

Tiamant

Funny to see that almost every guide for FFX-2 has Catnip as the prime strategy for every boss. I cannot wait to get wrecked over and over again at Bevelle.

Shahed

I was so happy when I defeated Nemesis and Penance yesterday. I'm gonna get a platinum on a game I'd given up on before I started! But more than a day later and I'm still getting everyone around the Sphere Grid and I want to kill myself. This is actually the most boring and tedious part of the game

Wazzy

Banned
Working on blitzball. I've got a pretty good team and I've won quite a bit. I think I need two more reels in order for the sigil to appear.

I disagree with Linna. Her shot starts out too low to score without quite a bit of luck, it sounds like Split's recommendation is to use 4 defenders and one offense for some reason.

And I've never liked Linna as a MF/defender either. Her END is so low she pretty much requires Tackle Slip 2 to function and it is far too often that she gives the ball right back after taking it.
Her other stats are great, but I just don't like Tackle Slip's unreliability and chance to knock out key techs.

I wish FFX let you do that. I hate how spells are only single target (especially healing spells).

That would've been really useful with Curaga, yeah, but it would have severely diminished the importance of Mega-Potions and Al Bhed Potions.

As for the Black Magic side of things, outside of some boss battles it really wouldn't have been all that useful. But yeah, I wish it were still an option too.

My reaction when seeing a sub 0:0.0 time in Catcher Chocobo after trying for 3 hours. (Warning: Kid yelling loudly)

All it took was a break to do some Blitzball. When I started up again tonight I got two times of around 6 seconds, then I finally got 0 seconds thanks to 14 balloons and 1 bird! Now all that's left is Wakka's sigil. Blitzball is much more fun once you take 30 minutes to Forefit games to get Nimrook (or something) and a few of the other Al Bhed players.

NastyBook

Are you all ri-Are you all ri-Are you ri-Are you all ri-My name is Yuna.

Wasn't expecting an audio glitch in this game, but it was funny.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, I don't mind puzzles in games (Wild Arms yeaaaaaaaaaaah) but being obtuse and having long, uncancellable animations and transitions just for the sake of time padding was such a bad trend of the early 2000s.

kick51

Banned
got to home

"an annoying sound! an annoying sound! an annoying sound! an annoying sound! an annoying sound!"

somebody programmed that in, listened to it, and was like "yeah, they'd probably just have a loud annoying message playing over and over on a loudspeaker, so this is okay."

OmegaDL50

I'm getting a weird audio stutter maybe once every 3 hours in X-2.

I think this is because everything is streamed off the disc in the PS3 version, with no install or cache file in place to help with that.

Now if this happened on the Vita or digital PS3 version...well...I don't know what to say there.

Wazzy

Banned
Okay Blappa is wrecking every team for me. I haven't even needed to recruit nimrook(he's not available yet) and my defence of Brother and Berrik is great.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wow, X moves along so much faster than I remember. I guess it might be because the only other time I've played through X it was with a friend, so we only got to play a few hours every weekend or so.

But, geez. Besaid -> Kilika -> Luca -> Operation MiHen felt like it was happening at light speed. Especially going to Luca. I said out loud to myself "Wait, already?"

kick51

Banned
I think this is because everything is streamed off the disc in the PS3 version, with no install or cache file in place to help with that.

Now if this happened on the Vita or digital PS3 version...well...I don't know what to say there.

i've heard it on the digital version, but just for a second

Is there any easier way to sync the game saves to the cloud other than resetting the game, skipping the intro and going to the save transfer thing at the title screen?

Such a pain.

SirNinja

The creatures' story endings in X-2 are some of the single weirdest things I've ever seen.

The ending for the Sallet (one of the mole-type enemies), for instance: the Sallet travels to Zanarkand, where he suddenly becomes able to "see time":

He learns what happened to
Yunalesca (unclear if he's referencing her defeat in FFX, or her original death when fighting Sin 1000 years ago)
, and sees a "bright new age". The knowledge of all this becomes too much to bear, so he dissolves into pyreflies in front of Yuna, after telling her "I leave Spira in your hands".

Uh...

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay Blappa is wrecking every team for me. I haven't even needed to recruit nimrook(he's not available yet) and my defence of Brother and Berrik is great.

Why is Brother in defense? D: Put him mid and you won't -need- a defense.

Seik

Banned
Tidus: ''I knew you were bad news the moment we met.''

Seymour
: ''Oh, my sincerest apologies''

Tidus: ''SEYMOUR!''

It gets me every single time.

Wazzy

Banned
Why is Brother in defense? D: Put him mid and you won't -need- a defense.
Well, I'm basically winning every game 5+ - 0 so I don't need to change anything yet. :p

But if I'm doing worse ill switch his position! I'm almost done getting the status reels, Blappa just made it 7-0 woooo

Top Bottom