• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Ourobolus

Banned
You don't need to save before the last game of a league to reset to change the prizes. Once you complete a league it allows you to quit back to the airship without seeing the main blitzball menu, so do that then save. Check, if it's not what you want, reset the game and check again. The prizes don't get set for the leagues until you check them.

Ah, that's right, I forgot about that selection screen after a match. Thanks.

I couldn't get easily past Nimrook ever, it was somewhat easier after resetting as he had no goalie skills yet, or couldn't equip those, that was such a relief!
My team was different, though: Tidus, some ronso I don't remember name lol, Kiyri, Lina, Ropp, Wedge and I had no real goalie, after resetting I got Jumal, and it was so much better at once!

I swap Datto back in for games against the Psyches early on, because he has Nap Shot. The goal not being to score, but to put Nimrook to sleep.

I get the ball to a Nap Shot player and shoot from anywhere. I'll shoot from my own goalie with a Nap shot if it'll let me.

Arthea

I swap Datto back in for games against the Psyches early on, because he has Nap Shot. The goal not being to score, but to put Nimrook to sleep.

I get the ball to a Nap Shot player and shoot from anywhere. I'll shoot from my own goalie with a Nap shot if it'll let me.

That's some nice strategy! It's a pity I'm done with blitzball the hard way, but done, regardless.

squall211

Tried the Don Tonberry trick for the first time this morning. Holy shit is that a time saver. Got Rikku 99 Slvls in about 2 1/2 minutes. Unreal.

If only I could get triple AP weapons to drop for Auron, Yuna and Khimari now.

Tonberry trick is making me run out of power spherex ect :lol.

Is there a fast way to get a bunch of those outside of just extract power/whatever farming?

Levyne

Banned
Tonberry trick is making me run out of power spherex ect :lol.

Is there a fast way to get a bunch of those outside of just extract power/whatever farming?

Mmhm, there is!

Fight "Kottos" in the arena. If you use a power distiller on him and overkill him, he will likely drop 40 of the spheres! Though there's a small chance will only drop 2.

If you plan on filling the grid, Kottos basically becomes your best friend.

Holmes

Spent all of chapter 3 mastering Lady Luck for all the girls using the Treasure Hunt garment grid. Now everyone is between level 58 - 60, got 450k gil, and a ton of items. Feels good.

Holmes

Where did you grind?
I just had the dressphere on for the whole chapter and everyone had it mastered by the end. But if you want to grind, anywhere is good really, just put on the Lure Bracer, and continuously mug (with Treasure Hunt garment grid) for quick AP. AP Egg accessory really helps too.

Kattbuss

I finally beat FFX last night. Such a great game!
Couldn't bother with most of the side stuff though, only got Yunas weapon. That chocobo minigame is not good for my nerves.
It felt really good using the AP trick and then powering through the end without issues though. Strangely enough, I didn't game over once during the whole game. Must be the lessons from my youth that saved me.

Now I'm looking forward to starting FFX-2. I've only ever played it for a few hours on PS2. Any helpful tips for a beginner that doesn't care about 100% or trophies?

pariah164

I just had the dressphere on for the whole chapter and everyone had it mastered by the end. But if you want to grind, anywhere is good really, just put on the Lure Bracer, and continuously mug (with Treasure Hunt garment grid) for quick AP. AP Egg accessory really helps too.
Ahh, I see. I think I missed that Garment Grid. Noooo.

ZeroX03

Banned
Now I'm looking forward to starting FFX-2. I've only ever played it for a few hours on PS2. Any helpful tips for a beginner that doesn't care about 100% or trophies?

Sit back, have fun and experiment with job combinations. Visit each area each chapter, you'll find something new each time. You might want to look at a guide just so you don't miss certain dresspheres though, some of them are missable. Mascot is tough to get, basically requires 100% so don't worry about that one.

Kattbuss

Sit back, have fun and experiment with job combinations. Visit each area each chapter, you'll find something new each time. You might want to look at a guide just so you don't miss certain dresspheres though, some of them are missable. Mascot is tough to get, basically requires 100% so don't worry about that one.

Thanks! I think I'll do just that!

Is it worth getting Yuna's Nirvana? Does it take a while?

The only celestial I have is Rikku's Godhand.. not going to even try the difficult ones.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is it worth getting Yuna's Nirvana? Does it take a while?

The only celestial I have is Rikku's Godhand.. not going to even try the difficult ones.

You can pretty much get all of them easily save Wakka, Lulu, and Tidus. The rest have some hoops to jump through but nothing that will make you put your controller into the wall.

EDIT (They're all actually easy to get. I'm mostly talking about the Crests and Sigils that each weapon needs)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Kimahri's is the only one I didn't bother to get. After all the frustrating mini-games and mind numbing grinding, catching butterflies seemed terribly daunting.

You beat the chocobo trainer with a time of 00.0 AND dodged 200 lightning bolts, but are unwilling to catch 7 butterflies?

Ourobolus

Banned
Kimahri's minigame isn't really that rough. The butterflies aren't randomly placed; they have a general area they flutter around. You can even get into a battle or two and still complete it.

squall211

So is the concensus that break HP limit ain't worth it? I rarely see anyone mention that for late game armor.

I have it on Wakka, but the only reason why is that Dark Valefor dropped it, and it also had Ribbon on it. So Wakka has :

Break HP Limit
Ribbon
Auto Phoenix
Auto Haste

For everyone else I'll probably be swapping Break HP Limit for Auto Protect.

Roto13

Nirvana comes with 1 MP cost, so I say yes. 1 MP Holy all day erry day.

I teach her Ultima and Double Cast.

It's pretty easy to put 1 MP Cost on a weapon yourself, but Nirvana is one of the easier Celestial Weapons to get. No lightning dodging or chocobo bullshit. :p

Saphirax

You beat the chocobo trainer with a time of 00.0 AND dodged 200 lightning bolts, but are unwilling to catch 7 butterflies?

Yes :D, I can't be bothered with one more mini game no matter how easy it is. I tried a couple of times but didn't have it in me. Besides, I don't use Kimahri at all and powering Celestials isn't needed for the trophy.

Do you have to get all 200 lightning dodges without leaving the screen / saving?

Yep!

Kimahri's made me angry. Fuck butterflies for serious.

Kimahri's is so much easier now than it used to be I'm surprised it still annoys people.

In the original game the timer would start as soon as you got the green butterfly.

Now it does not start until you actually collect a blue butterfly. This gives you an additional 5+ seconds to collect the butterflies.

With the old way, even a single red butterfly and you were done. Now you can even get 2 red butterflies and still finish with plenty of time to spare.

What's the best way to get Wings of Discovery?
What's the best place for grinding AP to max out the sphere grid?
Do Double AP and Triple AP stack?
Is it feasible to get Double AP and Triple AP on all 7 characters, or is it easy enough to max out the sphere grids without it? 350 Wings of Discovery seems kind of daunting.

Ourobolus

Banned
What's the best way to get Wings of Discovery?
What's the best place for grinding AP to max out the sphere grid?
Do Double AP and Triple AP stack?
Is it feasible to get Double AP and Triple AP on all 7 characters, or is it easy enough to max out the sphere grids without it? 350 Wings of Discovery seems kind of daunting.

- Not sure. I think Bribing Malboros?
- Don Tonberry trick at the Arena
- No
- It's easier to farm Triple AP weapons from One-Eye at the Arena

Holmes

Shinryu drops 2 Wings of Discovery per overkill. That's the best way, unless you want to pay about 540k gil for like 3-4 of them.

Holmes

I think the answer to this question is "yes" but does Rikku have to get the killing blow in order for Gillionaire to take effect?
No, but she has to be in the party when the fiend dies to get double the gil. If you kill a Mimic, then switch Rikku in, kill the last fiend, then you only get 50k.

No, but she has to be in the party when the fiend dies to get double the gil. If you kill a Mimic, then switch Rikku in, kill the last fiend, then you only get 50k.

Huh, interesting. I always thought it was just having her in the party at the end of the battle.

Jisgsaw

I finally got the lightning sigili/trophy.
I wonder how I did it in my youth, cause I certainly didn't know of the crater tric, I must have done it the "normal" way Oo

Scared myself a bit right after that (before saving), as I encountered Dark Ixion ("Hey, what's that NPC over there? Didn't remember ever seeing hi... OH F*CK"). Luckily you can flee.

FINALLY my party is strong enough to take on Earth Eater farming. No more skipping on every luck node I come across.

Isn't it easier to steal/flee from Penance?

AHAHAHAHA

I finally just beat the 5 chest chobo race. I felt so stupid when I finally found the trick to it.
There is a specific path I read about several places and it never worked. No matter how fast I went I was about a half second out. I finally figured out how to take a different path right at the very end and save over a second.

Banzai

Only have to catch the monsters in Omega's ruins now...so close.
Hunting actually felt like a lot less of a chore by doing it on the vita while watching Doctor Who :D

For the Sphere Grid completion trophy, do you also have to fill in all empty nodes?

Also, is there a way to farm blue spheres or yellow spheres? (The ones that fill empty nodes, and the ones that have special effects like teleporting, etc)

Ourobolus

Banned
For the Sphere Grid completion trophy, do you also have to fill in all empty nodes?

Also, is there a way to farm blue spheres or yellow spheres? (The ones that fill empty nodes, and the ones that have special effects like teleporting, etc)

Yes.

A lot of the "original" monsters at the arena drop the stat spheres to fill in empties. Teleport/Return/etc. are best earned by bribing, IIRC.

AHAHAHAHA

I finally just beat the 5 chest chobo race. I felt so stupid when I finally found the trick to it.
There is a specific path I read about several places and it never worked. No matter how fast I went I was about a half second out. I finally figured out how to take a different path right at the very end and save over a second.

Do share. I got the trophy for it already but I had to touch the poles.

Top Bottom