• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Windforce

Holy shit. Finally made it. Turns out my "optimal" run takes 33-35 seconds to get to the 5th chest. Sometimes the other chocobo just needs 35 seconds to finish the race, in that case, no matter how good you do, it's impossible to get 5 chests and win. However, sometimes it needs more time, like 40 secs, so I could finally grab all 5 and win.

If by the time you pick the 3rd chest you see him passing down the slope, you're pretty much fucked, he'll do it in 35 secs and you won't be able to grab all 5 chests and win.

Done on PS3.

10155832_1438432463070586_3629796046463972949_n.jpg

Flandy

Holy shit. Finally made it. Turns out my "optimal" run takes 33-35 seconds to get to the 5th chest. Sometimes the other chocobo just needs 35 seconds to finish the race, in that case, no matter how good you do, it's impossible to get 5 chests and win. However, sometimes it needs more time, like 40 secs, so I could finally grab all 5 and win.

If by the time you pick the 3rd chest you see him passing down the slope, you're pretty much fucked, he'll do it in 35 secs and you won't be able to grab all 5 chests and win.

Done on PS3.

10155832_1438432463070586_3629796046463972949_n.jpg

How long did it end up taking you?

Luigi87

Yeah, that bugged the hell out of me. Sometimes I could have a really good run, but somehow the other Chocobo would be way ahead and as you said, finish at 35 seconds.

Levyne

Banned
From what I can tell, just follow a 100% guide and then you can wrap everything up at the end. You don't seem to even need all Blue Bullets.

Windforce

How long did it end up taking you?

Not too long, I'd guess 2 hours tops... A few tries yesterday and a few more today. After you get the route/controls figured out, it's only a matter of luck - just do your best and hope the other chocobo won't do his fastest time.

Yeah, that bugged the hell out of me. Sometimes I could have a really good run, but somehow the other Chocobo would be way ahead and as you said, finish at 35 seconds.

Yeah it totally felt like my attempts at Sound Shapes' death mode levels. Required a good run + lucky spawns. Man what a rough Platinum it was, even though it was fast, it was not without stress (glad I've multiplied that plat by 6 now at no effort, lolz).

Holmes

From what I can tell, just follow a 100% guide and then you can wrap everything up at the end. You don't seem to even need all Blue Bullets.

Is the Ribbon in Bevelle missable? I know you can go back to get it in chapter 3, but is it available in 5?

Levyne

Banned
Is the Ribbon in Bevelle missable? I know you can go back to get it in chapter 3, but is it available in 5?

I think you can get it because I'm pretty sure you can go back to fight the two enemies there for shinra's bestiary. But you may be right.

Flandy

How long do these threads stay on Gaming Side? Is it until the thread is a month old or until it has been a month since the game released?

cwistofu

Did they re-do the "withyunabymyside" line? I seem to remember it being much faster and hearing it when the screen was faded to black, not with Tidus walking past the camera.

EDIT: just looked it up on YouTube, and I just have a bad memory.

Grr. Capturing 10 Barbatos is so freaking annoying. I got 10 Tonberry in less time than it's taken me to get 3 Barbatos.

I doubt it but this isn't a Fayth map type thing is it, where they only seem to spawn in some small area?

kadotsu

Banned
Grr. Capturing 10 Barbatos is so freaking annoying. I got 10 Tonberry in less time than it's taken me to get 3 Barbatos.

I doubt it but this isn't a Fayth map type thing is it, where they only seem to spawn in some small area?

If you get bad spawns reload the area. Barbatos should spawn in the first part of the second SIN area.

Flandy

If you get bad spawns reload the area. Barbatos should spawn in the first part of the second SIN area.

By reload do you mean leave the area and come back or do a soft reset (L+R+Select+Start)? Because I know that a soft restart changes the spawn rate or something.

Roto13

Just did the Sphere Break tournament, and yeah, it's probably the best Final Fantasy minigame. If they removed 1 core spheres and released it as a small standalone download game, I'd buy it.
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

We should just change the current one to this.

RpgN

I finally got the lightning sigili/trophy.
I wonder how I did it in my youth, cause I certainly didn't know of the crater tric, I must have done it the "normal" way Oo

Scared myself a bit right after that (before saving), as I encountered Dark Ixion ("Hey, what's that NPC over there? Didn't remember ever seeing hi... OH F*CK"). Luckily you can flee.

Haha, I was in the same situation with Dark Ixion. It was shocking that flee worked on a dark aeon. Though I wasn't there for lightning dodging (still need to do it), but to capture monsters and get Khimari's ultimate weapon.

What's done:

-chocobo catcher
-chocobo racer
-butterfly mini-game
-cactuars at the thunder plains

What's left:

-lightning dodge
-capturing monsters
-blitzball
-dark aeons
-aeons at a secret temple
-cactuars in the desert
-sphere grid grinding
-probably more I can't remember right now

There's still a lot that needs to be done.

Flandy

Silence Buster him and he can't do that. EDIT: And then Delay Buster him and he can't get a turn on you.

WELP. Just started playing again and fought
Seymors final battle
again and then this happened like 2 minutes later in the next area
13705570464_1efd5621e6_b.jpg

I like how the watermark is still there lol

Zephyx

Nice thread title.

OT: Where is the best place to level up once the airship is accessible? Fiends at the Omega Ruins are killing me.

Jesus Christ, I just lost about an hours worth of play time because Omega Weapon killed me. :( In the NA version, he was a joke... I knew they buffed him a little for the International release, but I feel like I'm too under leveled for him or something. My people were doing like 11,000-15,000 damage against him and he apparently has like 999,999 HP... and he one-shot my team with Ultima. Grr. I'm not really mad that I lost, but there's only one save point in that place and it's super far away. :( I just turned the game off after that, lol. D: JRPGs nowadays have made me weak with their saving anywhere and checkpoints before fights. :p

Levyne

Banned
Jesus Christ, I just lost about an hours worth of play time because Omega Weapon killed me. :( In the NA version, he was a joke... I knew they buffed him a little for the International release, but I feel like I'm too under leveled for him or something. My people were doing like 11,000-15,000 damage against him and he apparently has like 999,999 HP... and he one-shot my team with Ultima. Grr. I'm not really mad that I lost, but there's only one save point in that place and it's super far away. :( I just turned the game off after that, lol. D: JRPGs nowadays have made me weak with their saving anywhere and checkpoints before fights. :p

:(

Atlantis

Okay. Dammit. I'm in Chapter 5 of X-2 and need to grind to beat the Den of Woe. Where to, GAF?

IIRC Lightfall always causes 5,000 damage, so you should be able to survive it with the right classes/accessories. (Or just use Auto-Life)

Farplane with Double EXP makes Level 99 easy, but levels don't do much for you in FFX-2.

If you fight all the monsters on the circle platforms that spawn on the way down to Omega Weapon, do they respawn if you go back to the save point to save upon getting to the Omega boss door? Or do they stay gone?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe OT2 can be Dodging Lightning... 200 Times

Top Bottom