• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Carbonox

Took like 2 hours to get that piece of god awful shit Sun Sigil. Finally got Tidus's Celestial Weapon to add to Yuna's and Rikku's. The Cactuar Village side quest made me laugh with the descriptions of the Cactuars.

That leaves Wakka, Lulu, Auron and Kimahri.

Roto13

Took like 2 hours to get that piece of god awful shit Sun Sigil. Finally got Tidus's Celestial Weapon to add to Yuna's and Rikku's. The Cactuar Village side quest made me laugh with the descriptions of the Cactuars.

That leaves Wakka, Lulu, Auron and Kimahri.

Auron's easy.

Man, I wasn't even interested in this but my brother picked it up for his Vita and I'm hooked now. As soon as the opening ran, dat nostalgia hit me like a truck of bricks
I'm looking forward to actually having a proper understanding of the story now that I'm older

So I just forfeited the Jecht Shot 2 as a tournament prize because Tidus can't learn it yet... is it going to appear as a prize again or do I need to reload a save?

whats a good time to do side quests?
preferably without running into
Dark Aeons

Well if you need to return to Besaid, you have to do it just after killing Spherimorph in Macalania Woods. You legit have to trek all the way back on foot. If you don't need anything there, then you can do them once you get the airship. There's not much you can backtrack to do at that point.

Windforce

Jesus Christ, I just lost about an hours worth of play time because Omega Weapon killed me. :( In the NA version, he was a joke... I knew they buffed him a little for the International release, but I feel like I'm too under leveled for him or something. My people were doing like 11,000-15,000 damage against him and he apparently has like 999,999 HP... and he one-shot my team with Ultima. Grr. I'm not really mad that I lost, but there's only one save point in that place and it's super far away. :( I just turned the game off after that, lol. D: JRPGs nowadays have made me weak with their saving anywhere and checkpoints before fights. :p

Exact same thing happened to me this weekend. :(

And today again I lost half an hour worth of play too. Went the wrong way towards Auron's celestial weapon location and
got fucked by Dark Magus Sisters who wiped me with an overdrive for multiple 99,999's of damage.

kick51

Banned
just got to the Calm Lands...yay, almost done with X! Gonna save the extra content for a rainy day and hop straight into X-2 cause i need that battle system in my life now

kadotsu

Banned
Tidus

str 50
def 38
mgc 31
mdf 23
agi 53
lck 26
eva 41
acc 29

too low?

Do the Chocobo race and get 3 chests. Use Rikkus Overdrive with 2 Wings of Discovery. Haste your party. Bribe some special Spheres or Legit unlock Use for 3 characters. Use a level 3 elemental item on the eye. You have to get off the Overdrive Hastega and 4 Uses of Firestone (steal from Bombers at Mt Gagazet)

Is the Destruction Sphere treasure in Bevelle's Cloister the Knight's Lance or the HP Sphere? The reason I ask is that I missed the Knight's Lance but I got the HP Sphere, and I'm going to be relatively upset if I have to reload a save game from 5+ hours ago to get the Knight's Lance so that I can get Anima :(

Balphon

Is the Destruction Sphere treasure in Bevelle's Cloister the Knight's Lance or the HP Sphere? The reason I ask is that I missed the Knight's Lance but I got the HP Sphere, and I'm going to be relatively upset if I have to reload a save game from 5+ hours ago to get the HP Sphere so that I can get Anima :(

It's the HP Sphere. You can't leave the Cloister without getting it, so don't worry.

kick51

Banned
i just realized i played through most of X without doing anything with gear, customization, overdrives, or using aeons and am still OP. I don't remember it being quite that easy!

Is the Destruction Sphere treasure in Bevelle's Cloister the Knight's Lance or the HP Sphere? The reason I ask is that I missed the Knight's Lance but I got the HP Sphere, and I'm going to be relatively upset if I have to reload a save game from 5+ hours ago to get the HP Sphere so that I can get Anima :(

You don't have to get both treasures I think. As long as you got one (the one on the way out) you should be okay.

XJF

Just got home from watching UK get their ass beat. Was gonna play some X-2, but I think I'm too sleepy. Don't want to risk missing something. Loving the thread title!

just got the platinum :) . Took 89 hours. About what i was expecting. Amazing game and it was fun to battle the dark aeons.

time to take a break from RPGs, gotta go play inFamous Second Son now on ps4 :)

pariah164

Rikku. It should work though. Seriously though who thought this CommSphere stuff would be a good idea.
Yeah. It's the only major blemish on an otherwise very fun game. The worst part is watching the spheres multiple times, just to get completion percentage.

Ostinatto

Do the Chocobo race and get 3 chests. Use Rikkus Overdrive with 2 Wings of Discovery. Haste your party. Bribe some special Spheres or Legit unlock Use for 3 characters. Use a level 3 elemental item on the eye. You have to get off the Overdrive Hastega and 4 Uses of Firestone (steal from Bombers at Mt Gagazet)

do you mean Fire Gem?

they cause 0 damage to the eye. :(

Wazzy

Banned
Decided to beat the game because I feel like playing X-2. Super easy since I was over levelled.

As for the ending, I teared up. Still one of the best Final Fantasy endings. I love X-2's ending as well so it will be great to see it again.

Time for X-2!

OmegaDL50

You know, it's just something I always wondered.

So Auron basically
traveled to Dream Zanarkand after dying basically by riding Sin.

In some of the flashbacks you see Auron with Tidus as a child, so obviously this occurs not very long after
Jecht becomes Sin, but when Jechit isn't large enough to terrorize Spira

In almost every flashback with Jecht and Tidus, just shows how much a crappy father Jecht was. So with Auron fulfilling is obligation to watch over Tidus from his promise to Jecht, for 10 years no less.

This means not only Auron spent more time with Tidus then Jecht did, but was more or less a far better guardian (I mean this in the parental sense), then Jecht ever was.

It makes you wonder why Tidus isn't more influenced by Auron rather basically becoming Jecht junior. I mean this in the sense of becoming like someone you resent / hate.

Top Bottom