• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Don't forget that in FF XIII they are government fugitives trying to reach their destination, the linearity is also justifiable from a story perspective.
Though I agree, FF X even with corridors feels much less linear than XIII because of the towns and side activities.
I think because of the design of the maps and the facts that you do have towns and such make it less of a chore. FFXIII by comparison feels way more restricted. I understand that the story in FFXIII also could justify it being linear, but the map design kind of fails to hide it compared to FFX. Although I could be here all day talking about the issues of FFXIII. This is talking about the fun FFX and the goofy, but entertaining FFX-2.

Also, how should I go about the publicity stuff? I got around 50 in Chapter 1. Does it carry over per chapter? Should I save state abuse it to get perfect 5's? I really do not like the luck-based part of the game. It is random if they will love it or hate it.

Holmes

I think because of the design of the maps and the facts that you do have towns and such make it less of a chore. FFXIII by comparison feels way more restricted. I understand that the story in FFXIII also could justify it being linear, but the map design kind of fails to hide it compared to FFX. Although I could be here all day talking about the issues of FFXIII. This is talking about the fun FFX and the goofy, but entertaining FFX-2.

Also, how should I go about the publicity stuff? I got around 50 in Chapter 1. Does it carry over per chapter? Should I save state abuse it to get perfect 5's? I really do not like the luck-based part of the game. It is random if they will love it or hate it.
It carries over between chapters and it is not random. Follow this guide. http://ca.ign.com/faqs/2003/final-fantasy-x-2-prmarriage-faq-425875

Aeneas

So I started working on the chocobo race. On my 3rd try, 0.2s, I was wondering why people complain so much. 1 hour later, haven't had an attempt lower than 10s.

Jolkien

Sorry if it's been asked before but is there a set of ability that are must have to customize on end game ultimate armor ? Same for everyone ? I googled around and nobody has the same answer besides Auto-Protect they all seems to agree on that.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sorry if it's been asked before but is there a set of ability that are must have to customize on end game ultimate armor ? Same for everyone ? I googled around and nobody has the same answer besides Auto-Protect they all seems to agree on that.

Auto Haste, definitely.

Everything else I read is some combination of:
Auto Potion
Auto Phoenix
Auto Protect
Ribbon
BHPL (if you do this, you'll need Auto-Regen though)

ubercheez

Got Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku's Celestials upgraded. Between Tidus hitting with good power and Yuna doublecasting Flares for 1MP, I'm now able to beat the easier arena creations.

Auron's and Wakka's are next, as I've been alternating between blitzball and monster capturing. I'm putting off the lightning dodging for Lulu's for as long as I can. -_-

Saphirax

No. I want to go for dark aeons and other secret bosses.

What ingredients are you talking about btw?

Ah, I meant for even more OD->AP and Triple OD on weapons for when you get Triple AP weapons from One Eye. That's assuming you'll ditch your current '30~ AP weapons' for '99 weapons'.

I think it'd be much easier to grind levels the standard way until you're strong enough to beat One Eye. You'll pretty much need the gil anyway for bribes and Zanmato here and there (or everywhere :D). Think it would save you quite a lot of time in the long run. You'd be farming levels in conjunction with farming gil and capturing monsters.

Earlier I was complaining that the game was too easy...now I'm at
Seymour Flux
and I'm eating my words. I'll get him down to almost half health and then he just wipes out almost my whole party with cross cut and picks off the survivor with lance of atrophy/full life combo in one fell swoop. So frustrating...but at the same time nice to have a real challenge.

OmegaDL50

Seymour Flux
and I'm eating my words. I'll get him down to almost half health and then he just wipes out almost my whole party with cross cut and picks off the survivor with lance of atrophy/full life combo in one fell swoop. So frustrating...but at the same time nice to have a real challenge.

He can't cast Full Life if you use Silence Attack / Buster on him. Also he's quite susceptible to Poison (which does damage based on a percentage of max health, so more HP = more damage)

Those two make the fight rather trivial.

He can't cast Full Life if you use Silence Attack / Buster on him. Also he's quite susceptible to Poison (which does damage based on a percentage of max health, so more HP = more damage)

Yeah I figured out Bio was effective on him. I'll try using silence as well, thanks. It's also annoying he keeps dispelling me so I have to keep reapplying all my buffs like haste and protect/shell.

Arthea

So I started working on the chocobo race. On my 3rd try, 0.2s, I was wondering why people complain so much. 1 hour later, haven't had an attempt lower than 10s.

As you asked yourself, I'll tell you why, firstly you have to have balloons on your side, it happened 6 times total in 3 hours for me, secondly after the turn a trainer has to be hit by a bird, it happened 3 times out of mentioned 6 for me, thirdly, you have to avoid being hit yourself why going for available balloons, and you have to have certain layout of them to being able to do that, happened 1 time out of those mentioned 3, and you have to have those some near the end of road too, happened 1 time for me, not that time when I had good layout around the way. So in 3 hours I had 0 chances getting 0.0 and to add insult to this injury I can't restart a damn race if I see it's hopeless, I have to finish it or soft restart, both instances take more than 30 seconds. Here you go, 3 hours wasted for no reason at all, as I literally had no chances of getting it even once.
Here I'll remind you, that you asked!

Ostinatto

Check your setup, you're doing it wrong.

Characters are dead? Wrong Overdrive mode? Wrong weapon equipped?

Are you using the correct weapons?
Have correct overdrive modes?

i have only 1 triple AP, od to AP, weapon equipped on Wakka, wakka is the stoic character, other characters ,Tidus and Auron on comrade. wakka is only doing damage, Tidus and Auron are just resurrecting Wakka. what am i doing wrong?

CarJeter

Neo Member
Did someone beat Nooj at the Youth League Cup? Thought he was difficult in Den of Woe but this is just ridiculous... Well, I managed to beat Master Tonberry and Shady Duo at the same tournament, should be able to beat this noob too lol.

Seymour Flux
and I'm eating my word.
Yeah, the late part of the game requires detailed strategy. Like the person you are talking about is Bio/Silence/Quick Attacks. I find the difficulty curve of X just fine. Many older RPGs are not hard. They just require grinding. Luckily that seems to be fixed with this generation.

Arthea

i have only 1 triple AP, od to AP, weapon equipped on Wakka, wakka is the stoic character, other characters ,Tidus and Auron on comrade. wakka is only doing damage, Tidus and Auron are just resurrecting Wakka. what am i doing wrong?

you do understand, that AP is going to those on comrade mode if Wakka is that gets killed, don't you? You have your equipment backwards.

Saphirax

As you asked yourself, I'll tell you why, firstly you have to have balloons on your side, it happened 6 times total in 3 hours for me, secondly after the turn a trainer has to be hit by a bird, it happened 3 times out of mentioned 6 for me, thirdly, you have to avoid being hit yourself why going for available balloons, and you have to have certain layout of them to being able to do that, happened 1 time out of those mentioned 3, and you have to have those some near the end of road too, happened 1 time for me, not that time when I had good layout around the way. So in 3 hours I had 0 chances getting 0.0 and to add insult to this injury I can't restart a damn race if I see it's hopeless, I have to finish it or soft restart, both instances take more than 30 seconds. Here you go, 3 hours wasted for no reason at all, as I literally had no chances of getting it even once.
Here I'll remind you, that you asked!

You only had balloons appear at the start 6 times in 3 hours? Hell..that's extremely unlucky.

I know the race is mostly luck based, but are you perhaps avoiding the birds in a wide arc? There's nothing you can do about crappy balloon placement, but bird dodging can be made easier.

ZeroX03

Banned

If Tidus and Auron don't have Overdrive -> AP they won't get anything, and double check that Wakka is on Stoic otherwise he won't get anything.

Did someone beat Nooj at the Youth League Cup? Thought he was difficult in Den of Woe but this is just ridiculous... Well, I managed to beat Master Tonberry and Shady Duo at the same tournament, should be able to beat this noob too lol.

Try not to spoil X-2, considering far less people have played it here than X.

Arthea

You only had balloons appear at the start 6 times in 3 hours? Hell..that's extremely unlucky.

I know the race is mostly luck based, but are you perhaps avoiding the birds in a wide arc? There's nothing you can do about crappy balloon placement, but bird dodging can be made easier.

oh the stories I can tell about my luck! lol
I could write book about it. May be I should?
I reloaded and killed Dark Valefor ad nauseum, got no armour with ribbon, I still have not even one, I don't know how many times I killed darkies, but I killed dark Yojimbo at least 10 times, this I counted. And it doesn't bother me that much as chocobo catcher, at least I get some drops while killing darkies and stealing, I get literally nothing, no enjoyment and no items to talk about for blasted chocobo catcher.

Ostinatto

i deserve a kick in the nuts for this, i did not equipped the AP weapon xD

ibhY37dbXGhGi6.gif

squall211

oh the stories I can tell about my luck! lol
I could write book about it. May be I should?
I reloaded and killed Dark Valefor ad nauseum, got no armour with ribbon, I still have not even one, I don't know how many times I killed darkies, but I killed dark Yojimbo at least 10 times, this I counted. And it doesn't bother me that much as chocobo catcher, at least I get some drops while killing darkies and stealing, I get literally nothing, no enjoyment and no items to talk about for blasted chocobo catcher.

I almost feel guilty that I used zanmoto on DV and got armor w/ribbon on it my first try.

Now I'm remembering how many hours I wasted on Chocobo Catcher and I don't feel guilty anymore.

Saphirax

I love not seeing how much HP a fiend has, rofl. Just spent more than 10 minutes fighting a Tonberry in X-2...in chapter 1 while being level 8.

At least I won :D.

Atlantis

Actually, the Mortiorchis casts Full-Life, not Seymour, so Silence won't prevent that. Wantz sells some Zombie Ward and Auto-Med armor right before the fight though.

HeelPower

Don't forget that in FF XIII they are government fugitives trying to reach their destination, the linearity is also justifiable from a story perspective.
Though I agree, FF X even with corridors feels much less linear than XIII because of the towns and side activities.

FFX is as linear as other PS1/SNES FFs.

It only took out the useless world map system which was so successful in providing an illusion of freedom that people thought FFs were openworld at some point.

FFXIII took everything out except battles and cutscenes.That's why people , rightfully, got pissed.Even though the battle system and graphics were highly refined.

FF has always been linear.Only two games that allow for non linear progression are LR and X-2.

flyover

I just want to say I beat the 0:0.0 time for the chocobo race. NEVER AGAIN!

On this topic, I have yet to ever beat the race. Assuming I can't (or until I can), what's a pretty good weapon setup for Tidus on a sword with four open slots? I was thinking maybe something with 1MP, for spamming Quick Hit. But maybe there are better options.

Farming any spheres has gotten incredibly easy after getting Wakkas str to 255. Just battle Besaid Dingo 2 times with victor OD modes on so you get party to full OD, choose whatever you want to fight, entrust all to Wakka=3 free Attack Reels. After battle kill Dingo once, battle farm enemy, repeat to the end of time.

XJF

If I forgot to do (I undertook it, just didn't do it) the publicity campaign in Chapter 1, but hit up everyone in Chapters 2, 3, and 5, can I still get 400 points for the company i chose?

Atlantis

On this topic, I have yet to ever beat the race. Assuming I can't (or until I can), what's a pretty good weapon setup for Tidus on a sword with four open slots? I was thinking maybe something with 1MP, for spamming Quick Hit. But maybe there are better options.

End-game, anyone without a Celestial isn't really viable since they ignore the enemy's Defense stat.

Just use another character.

Tiamant

If I forgot to do (I undertook it, just didn't do it) the publicity campaign in Chapter 1, but hit up everyone in Chapters 2, 3, and 5, can I still get 400 points for the company i chose?

Yes, but just to be sure use a guide to get the max score possible.

Saphirax

I think as long as it's before Calm Lands it's fine, otherwise you won't get 100% story completion.

XJF

Yes, but just to be sure use a guide to get the max score possible.

I think as long as it's before Calm Lands it's fine, otherwise you won't get 100% story completion.

I hope so. I really don't want to have to worry about completion points on my NG+ playthrough... I'll just stop by Calm Lands before I finish Chapter 4 and make a note of my points and manually add up the points I get in Chapter 5 to make sure I don't enter too soon

Those with the guide book, where is "C" on the Mi'ihen Highroad? Description is "Bare Chested Man"

Jisgsaw

Farming any spheres has gotten incredibly easy after getting Wakkas str to 255. Just battle Besaid Dingo 2 times with victor OD modes on so you get party to full OD, choose whatever you want to fight, entrust all to Wakka=3 free Attack Reels. After battle kill Dingo once, battle farm enemy, repeat to the end of time.

Well, it wouldn't work on Jumbo flan, but then again, considering he drops magic spheres...

Is a 255 Str Wakka enough to kill Earth Eater + Greater Sphere?

XJF

Well, it wouldn't work on Jumbo flan, but then again, considering he drops magic spheres...

Is a 255 Str Wakka enough to kill Earth Eater + Greater Sphere?

Maybe if other members had full OD gauge and used Entrust. I never found Earth Eater hard, just annoying due to counter-magic animation.

That's the thing. While both are linear in terms of where you can go, X isn't linear in terms of what you can do.

Other than Blitzball, X is completely linear in what you can do. Unless you consider running backwards down the corridor, instead of forwards, some kind of fulfilling joy.

SkylineRKR

FFX is as linear as other PS1/SNES FFs.

It only took out the useless world map system which was so successful in providing an illusion of freedom that people thought FFs were openworld at some point.

FFXIII took everything out except battles and cutscenes.That's why people , rightfully, got pissed.Even though the battle system and graphics were highly refined.

FF has always been linear.Only two games that allow for non linear progression are LR and X-2.

Yes but in FFVII you could stray for a bit and go to Fort Condor, Gongaga, Wutai etc. They weren't part of the main quest, and especially the Wutai thing was rather big. I missed it on my first playthrough. You could also return to old areas. Not that there was much to do, but you could wrap things up. In FFX you can do this too, but mostly near the very end.

FFVI etc also had some verticality in its dungeon design. Some mazes. The direction you needed to go to wasn't always as obvious.

Yeah, I hear it is worth doing before Chapter 3. Perhaps because it is harder to do at that point? You are not forced to do it until before 5. Either way, annoying % is annoying.

XJF

Newroad North? Before the entrance to Mushroom Rock Road? There's an upside down U, then a backwards C, that's all I can think of.

Just use this guide. http://ca.ign.com/faqs/2003/final-fantasy-x-2-prmarriage-faq-425875

I eventually found him. The guide identifies everyone with a letter, first person is A, second is B, etc.. Thanks though, For some reason he wasn't marked in either of my Guide Books. You think they'd get this shit right the second time..

Top Bottom