• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

How the hell do I defeat One-eye? He's crushing me.

I have all the Aeons but they don't seem to do that much damage... I used oblivion and it only did 40k, I think one-eye has 150k?

My stats aren't that high. Tidus has STR ~ 50, and whatnot.

Any tips?

So any advice on downing Dark Yojimbo? I didn't grind luck or accuracy, but my STR, defense, mag defense and agility are all capped. Doublecasting flare with everyone a viable strat?

Levyne

Banned
Can someone explain to me how NG+ works in terms of percentage?

I have been playing through the game without the intention to 100% on the first playthrough. Currently at the end of Chapter 5 with 87%. When I start a NG+, do I still have 87%? And how do I get additional %? By completing the rest which I didnt bother to do on my first playthrough (like Calm Lands or No Dialogue Skip)?

You'll get % points for anything you didn't see before. So if you give the sphere to New Yevon instead of the Youth League, you'll see new events and get a higher %.

How the hell do I defeat One-eye? He's crushing me.

I have all the Aeons but they don't seem to do that much damage... I used oblivion and it only did 40k, I think one-eye has 150k?

My stats aren't that high. Tidus has STR ~ 50, and whatnot.

Any tips?

Even the Magus sisters won't do it? You may just need to spend some time around the save sphere in the Omega Ruins (or start out in Sin). You may just be significantly underleveled. I'm sure if you treat one-eye like a super boss you could defeat it but seems like simply being stronger is the way to go here. Get some celestials if you don't have those, Stock up some Wakka / Tidus overdrives?

What's a good spot to grind Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Key Spheres?

You can steal a bunch of lvl 3 spheres from the miniboss pair in Gagazet if Kimahri has steal (can use a Special sphere), I don''t think there's a reliable source of lvl 4 spheres until endgame, where you have some disposable gil and can bribe for it (Chimeras in Calm Lands.)

So any advice on downing Dark Yojimbo? I didn't grind luck or accuracy, but my STR, defense, mag defense and agility are all capped. Doublecasting flare with everyone a viable strat?

I think I've read doublecasting ultima is a decent strat. Putting auto-protect on armor may also help. I think I also prepared a Attack Reels and Blitz Ace / Slice and Dice for each encounter, but I had max luck so it may be significantly less effective if you don't have that. He was the last Dark Aeon I took on.

kick51

Banned
Seymour fight in Mount Gagazet is annoying. Especially once dying as have to watch the 5min ish story sequence again...

i used hastega on Tidus, Yuna, Auron. Made sure Yuna was full OD before the fight. Had people use Holy Water as necessary (didn't have anti-zombie armor.) Used the first rounds to get everyone else in for a hit for the AP. Once my main team was back, I had Yuna casting shell/healing, Tidus with Cheer, Auron attacking normally. After the "Failed Counterattack," I brought in Bahamut, did his overdrive, then Seymour one shots him, but Seymour only had ~100 HP left, so one more dinky attack and he died before Total Annihilation.

my team died twice before to Total Annihilation, but came close to surviving...never tried using reflect and not sure if Shell would've allowed me to survive.

fun fight though! First Game Overs, aside from some one off times getting stun locked with enemies that cause Confuse

You can steal a bunch of lvl 3 spheres from the miniboss pair in Gagazet if Kimahri has steal (can use a Special sphere), I don''t think there's a reliable source of lvl 4 spheres until endgame, where you have some disposable gil and can bribe for it (Chimera's in Calm Lands.)

Yep I'm currently at end-game. Just killed Ultima Weapon and now attempting to toy with destiny and open all the chests in Omega Ruins.

So i'm kind of at a loss what to do now.

i'm too strong for any real challenge, but i'm too weak for the super bosses.
i'm doing the AP trick but i'm out of power spheres.. sigh.

You'll get % points for anything you didn't see before. So if you give the sphere to New Yevon instead of the Youth League, you'll see new events and get a higher %.

Even the Magus sisters won't do it? You may just need to spend some time around the save sphere in the Omega Ruins (or start out in Sin). You may just be significantly underleveled. I'm sure if you treat one-eye like a super boss you could defeat it but seems like simply being stronger is the way to go here. Get some celestials if you don't have those, Stock up some Wakka / Tidus overdrives?

You can steal a bunch of lvl 3 spheres from the miniboss pair in Gagazet if Kimahri has steal (can use a Special sphere), I don''t think there's a reliable source of lvl 4 spheres until endgame, where you have some disposable gil and can bribe for it (Chimeras in Calm Lands.)

I think I've read doublecasting ultima is a decent strat. Putting auto-protect on armor may also help. I think I also prepared a Attack Reels and Blitz Ace / Slice and Dice for each encounter, but I had max luck so it may be significantly less effective if you don't have that. He was the last Dark Aeon I took on.
Magus sisters help a bit but they can get 1-hit by his black stare attack. I tried their delta attack and I think it only did like 30k. Sooo annoying, I guess I need to go level up for a while. :\

I'm just trying to get the triple AP weapons for the tonberry trick.

edit: nevermind, just zanmoto'd him for 1024 gil. :lol

XJF

This is what I did. The full 5 fights took roughly 50 Minutes. Yuna had slightly less Agility than my Tidus and Rikku so she was always the last person to get a turn before Yojimbo so I just had her summon to tank his hits. Ultima does do more damage, but has a higher MP cost and a much longer attack animation. Very doable either way

Power distill on Kottos = 40 power spheres per fight.
Unless you get 2 lol in which case you were going to get Dark Matters

Levyne

Banned
Like I mentioned, until I was stronger enough to fight Kottos straight up, I used Magus Sisters, a few Passados and Razzias and physical attacks would do the trick. If he's still too strong, then maybe just level up a bit by doing something you'll eventually need (if going to platinum) to do anyway, such as capturing monsters in Sin or the Ruins.

Saphirax

tried beating him, i'm not strong enough.
unless there's a purticular way to beat him.
i used all my aeon overdrives, and he still wasnt down. :(

He's not really that hard if you have Celestial weapons, armor with Auto-phoenix and Wakka's attack reels. Protect also works well, since it halves the damage he does to you.

Namikaze1

I have never played either of these two games and am looking to buy a new game for my Vita so I got a few questions. Okay just two really.

1) how good does it play on Vita?

2) does the digital version includes both games?

Saphirax

I have never played either of these two games and am looking to buy a new game for my Vita so I got a few questions. Okay just two really.

1) how good does it play on Vita?

2) does the digital version includes both games?

1. Plays amazingly well. Some people have mentioned major FPS drops during one point or another. But, that rarely happens. I also haven't experienced it myself.

2. Yes.

1. Plays amazingly well. Some people have mentioned major FPS drops during one point or another. But, that rarely happens. I also haven't experienced it myself.

2. Yes.

The only FPS drops I've experienced are when every character is on-screen (not including pre-rendered cutscenes or dialogue scenes). Two places I can remember this happening are at the shop in the Calm Lands and the starting area of Mt. Gagazet. But when you come back to these areas later in the game, the characters are no longer there and it's normal. There aren't any frame drops during real gameplay (battles, traversing terrain).

The only FPS drops I've experienced are when every character is on-screen (not including pre-rendered cutscenes or dialogue scenes). Two places I can remember this happening are at the shop in the Calm Lands and the starting area of Mt. Gagazet. But when you come back to these areas later in the game, the characters are no longer there and it's normal. There aren't any frame drops during real gameplay (battles, traversing terrain).

I'm pretty sure if you cast luck with Rikku you can get an obvious FPS drop.

In either case I 100% recommend it on the Vita. Soooo awesome with the instant pause/resume. Most of the FPS issues are not during gameplay so it doesn't bother me generally.

Namikaze1

2. Yes.

I'm pretty sure if you cast luck with Rikku you can get an obvious FPS drop.

In either case I 100% recommend it on the Vita. Soooo awesome with the instant pause/resume. Most of the FPS issues are not during gameplay so it doesn't bother me generally.

Thanks for the inputs. Gonna buy it as soon as I get out from class.

He's not really that hard if you have Celestial weapons, armor with Auto-phoenix and Wakka's attack reels. Protect also works well, since it halves the damage he does to you.

Like I mentioned, until I was stronger enough to fight Kottos straight up, I used Magus Sisters, a few Passados and Razzias and physical attacks would do the trick. If he's still too strong, then maybe just level up a bit by doing something you'll eventually need (if going to platinum) to do anyway, such as capturing monsters in Sin or the Ruins.

Thanks guys.
I still need to do wakka's celestial weapon, which in turn will get me the attack reels (i keep hearing about how its so good)
i guess i'll level up a little by capturing the remaining monsters too to unlock nemesis later.

aett

Just got to the Gunner's Gauntlet in X-2. I've heard there's some kind of waterfall trick that helps you rack up points while avoiding attacks?

kick51

Banned
Three more areas left to capture monsters (Gagazet, Sin, Omega Ruins), and then... THE GRIND ;_;

capturing monsters is a grind!

I feel like it's been forever since I've played a JRPG with a battle arena, but I forgot I have to populate the damn thing myself lol

How long does Wakka's ultimate weapon take? I did it on ps2 and i remember it taking a ridiculously long time, so im not sure if I want to do it again

Ah, okay.

I thought you were talking about Destruction Spheres.

You actually need to trigger the fight for Dark Anima manually by doing that Blitzball puzzle. So the only two locations locked out by Dark Aeons are Besaid and Zanarkand for the Besaid stuff and Sun Crest respectively.

It's cool though.

Can't even remember Dark Anima (apart from getting owned, obviously).

Butterfly quest done. It's definitely easier thanks to HD making it visibly clearer. The path still sucks though. FFX isn't exactly built for intricate, subtle movements also being a problem in Chocobo racing. But hey, ho, it is done. Thunder Plains is next, once I get the No Encouner armour and then BB for Wakka.

Can't even remember Dark Anima (apart from getting owned, obviously).

Butterfly quest done. It's definitely easier thanks to HD making it visibly clearer. The path still sucks though. FFX isn't exactly built for intricate, subtle movements also being a problem in Chocobo racing. But hey, ho, it is done. Thunder Plains is next, once I get the No Encouner armour and then BB for Wakka.

The difficult part was the last curve of the butterfly catching thing. There's a map shows the path. You basically just have to take the last curve on blind faith, and follow the path, and it will just work even though it looks like you're running right into the butterflies. I got it after only like 15 minutes.

Butterfly.jpg

Note that for the second one, after activating the butterflies you have to go backwards a tad first.

Falk

that puzzling face
Do you have to do the two runs of butterfly catching back to back, or can I clear one, go to my weekly aggression therapy session and then take on the second?

If your weekly aggression therapy is telling you to stop doing butterfly runs because it is making you aggressive and violent then yes, you have to do the two runs back to back.

Looks like I'm gonna need an extra session this week then.....

Use the map I posted above. Honestly I completed both runs in 20 minutes. It's really not that hard, just study the map, run it a few times, figure out which parts you're getting hit on, then study the map again for those parts. The route that's on the screen NOT with the feather hat guy (bottom map in the image above) I completed literally on my 3rd attempt.

The hardest part is the sharp turn near the end of the first map. For that one, just follow the path on the map and blindly run into it and it will just magically work. Coming out of the previous turn just make sure you run all the way to the wall, then straight down and hug the wall on the bottom. When I started just blindly following this rule without even looking at the butterflies, I made it through that turn untouched every time.

OmegaDL50

You can also pause the game during the butterfly hunt. While the screen dims somewhat while paused, it does give you a chance to study the screen before unpausing to resume.

I never completed the butterfly game back on the PS2 version of FFX, it was until the HD Remaster that I finally completed it. So the pause thing helps. (anecdotal, I guess)

Carbonox

Gonna take me fucking ages to capture 10 Tonberries. In about an hour I only found 1 and I have 2 total. God fucking damn it, Cavern of the Stolen Fayth sucks.

Jisgsaw

Gonna take me fucking ages to capture 10 Tonberries. In about an hour I only found 1 and I have 2 total. God fucking damn it, Cavern of the Stolen Fayth sucks.

Reset the game.
Go to the "green room" (the one most on the right on the map).
Run arround a bit, if you don't acounter 1 Tomberry in 20 minutes (usually they come in pairs I noticed, mean 2 in a row or in a couple fights inbetween). If not, reload, rince&repeat.
Reason being the encounter rate for each monster is set at random at each load of your save data.

Got my 10 (11 even) in like 90 minutes.

SougoXIII

"Hey, Let's give Max Luck grinding a try, it's only 59 Luck Sphere, not that bad"

> Realised half way through that I need to Farm 60+ Fortune Sphere PER character...

DA FUQ SQUARE!!?

Levyne

Banned
I didn't realize that was the bug. I just went to Zanarkand first because that's what the 100% guides say >_>

Hate following a guide so religiously, would much rather have a bare-bones walkthrough for missables to keep an eye out, but for X-2 that pretty much is the game, haha.

Alight peeps. I really never did the chocobo races when i last played it is there any tips for the balloon race ? My mind is exploding here!

Just got 3 seconds on chocobo catcher because I was hit in the last 10 meters. FUCK YOU STUPID FUCKING BIRDS! ASJFHASDASD

I got 1.7 seconds once. That made me mad. Then 15 minutes later I got 0.3 seconds. You can imagine what kind of words were spoken.

Alight peeps. I really never did the chocobo races when i last played it is there any tips for the balloon race ? My mind is exploding here!

You need to get at least 3 balloons on the starting ramp. If you don't, it's a wash, and you have 0 chance of winning. About 20% of the time you can get 4 balloons, and if you're *really* lucky (maybe 5% of the time) you can even get 5 balloons on the starting run. How many balloons you can get at the start is luck-based, you can only get 5 if all 5 are lined up on the right half of the first straightaway. Never try to get the first balloon you see if it means you have to go left (more on that in a second). All of this is contingent on you getting ahead of the trainer from the getgo though. To do this, always tap the d-pad to the right gently right when you start. Don't go left. If you ever get 5 balloons, then try your damndest not to get hit, even if it means missing a few other balloons that you could risk it for. After you make the first 90 degree turn coming off the first straightaway, never go to the left, you'll get destroyed over there. Stay right of center and you can usually get through the first section without getting hit with some good dodging. Once you make the turn onto the final straightaway, it's pure luck. It's hard not to get hit here, but I find that going all the way to one edge (for example the left side), and then trying to make a straight diagonal line all the way across the field to the exit is better than zig-zagging, but really from this point on, just try your best not to get hit. Most of your balloon pickups should be from the first 2 straightaways, since the 3rd one is the place where you should really be focusing on not getting hit. On a lucky run you can get 5 on the first straightaway and 6 on the second way, so you only need to get 3 more. One of those is often the one on the corner which you can get as you make the final turn, and then pick up a few more.

Your most likely win scenario will come with 14 balloons and 1 hit. If you get less than 14 balloons total, forget about it. If you get hit 3 times or more, forget about it.

Yeah Chocobo Catcher is a bitch, just did Butterfly catcher and it took me about 10 minutes. Urgh I'd pay someone to do this shit for me, I have absolutely no idea how I managed to do this on PS2, I don't get it.
I never even managed to do the Lightning dodging so that's going to be a treat as well.
It really sucks that the only two Sigils that are tied to trophies are those two. :(

Top Bottom