• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ZeroX03

Banned
Guess I'm the only person who enjoys actually filling the sphere grid. I maxed my evasion and accuracy just for the hell of it. Couldn't be bothered with HP or Luck though.

I find it peacefully zen, watching something else while grinding on Vita.

Zetta

After dodging all 200 lightnings all I could do is....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5619-1387488005-22.gif

Acid08

Banned
Question about Tidus' sphere grid path: I want to take him to Wakka's grid but the starting sphere takes me the opposite direction if I'm just following it ahead. There's a level 1 lock at the beginning of that sphere down to Kimahri's sphere that leads directly to Wakka. So should I just double back and head that way? Or take the route around that looks like it'll take me around Yuna's grid.

Haven't played this game in so long, the sphere grid is confusing me a lot. I'm constantly second guessing my choices :lol

Flandy

I always heard

"I'm annoying, ha!"

Same.

Going through the Omega Ruins for the first time ever right now capturing stuff as I go along. After I'm done here I'll go do the Don Tonberry trick. Can someone link me to something showing me how to prepare for that? Items required, where to get it, etc.

Flandy

wtf -___- Fuck you Great Malboros. I had no problem battling you
Inside Sin
but in the Omega Ruins you fucking slaughtered me. Seriously wtf. It cast Bad Breath and berserk never went away -__- It was on for like 8 turns straight until I died :l Fucking there goes an hour of progress. Gahhh I'm pissed :l

Balphon

wtf -___- Fuck you Great Malboros. I had no problem battling you
Inside Sin
but in the Omega Ruins you fucking slaughtered me. Seriously wtf. It cast Bad Breath and berserk never went away -__- It was on for like 8 turns straight until I died :l Fucking there goes an hour of progress. Gahhh I'm pissed :l

First Strike -> Provoke

UrSuLeTzU

Finally got the games on my vita. I'll start with FFX-2 since you have to be mentally and emotionally prepared for X(specially if you go for the platinum).

Flandy

First Strike -> Provoke

Well yeah I've realized that now. I wasn't expecting to get so absoultely slaughtered though since I didn't have any problems killing it
Inside Sin
. Come to think of it. Do I even need to fight Omega for anything? Or could I just stay near the save sphere and capture everything I need to capture there? What's the reward for beating Omega? Does it drop anything good or is it blocking some sort of item?

Finally got the games on my vita. I'll start with FFX-2 since you have to be mentally and emotionally prepared for X(specially if you go for the platinum).

Isn't the Platinum for X-2 even more difficult than X?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Over 5 hours into the game after the blitzball machine fight and I made the connection between Chappu and Lulu. Guess that explains her dark side.

Balphon

Well yeah I've realized that now. I wasn't expecting to get so absoultely slaughtered though since I didn't have any problems killing it
Inside Sin
. Come to think of it. Do I even need to fight Omega for anything? Or could I just stay near the save sphere and capture everything I need to capture there? What's the reward for beating Omega? Does it drop anything good or is it blocking some sort of item?

I think the most useful thing you can get from him is Nova for Kimahri.

Awww....they fixed that weird anomaly where the Tidus hi-res model would appear on the screen with the lake that Wakka pushes you into. On the original PS2 game the model would switch from the standard, crappy model to the deluxe hi-res on that screen.

Shelinda is such an aggravating character.

Self-righteous bitch. She bugged the hell of out of me back in the day. I wanted her to sink into a deep depression after her beliefs were stripped bare and trampled on by Tidus and co. But, no, instead of being a disgustingly drunk and stinking hobo performing tricks for drinks on the side of the Mi'hen Highroad, they made her an obnoxiously cheery reporter in X-2. It's not the way I would have wrote it, I'll tell you that for nothing.

Falk

that puzzling face
Am I the only one that thinks Lightning Returns would have made for a far superior Vita/handheld version than a console version? For one the graphics left a lot to be desired, but would look phenomenally good as a portable game. For two, the questing and sheer amount of sidequests have a very pick up and play nature to them. For three... eh that's all I've got but I think I made my point.

Wrong thread? Yeah, I totally felt that way as well, everything from the graphics (like you said) to the naming convention which is parallel to "Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII". The only thing is that there is no guarantee that the struggling Crystal Tools engine wouldn't have needed to cut even more corners visually to run on Vita hardware.

OmegaDL50

Same.

Going through the Omega Ruins for the first time ever right now capturing stuff as I go along. After I'm done here I'll go do the Don Tonberry trick. Can someone link me to something showing me how to prepare for that? Items required, where to get it, etc.

It's most definitely in my posting history...let me look for it.

The quickest method to level up is the Don Tonberry trick. (99 Sphere levels in 5 minutes)

First you'll need to capture 5 of each of the Flying Eyeball fiends to unlock One-Eye. (To get Triple AP weapons from killing him) and one of every fiend in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (To unlock Don Tonberry)

Then you'll need to capture all fiends from 6 different areas (Go back to easier areas like Besaid, Killika, etc and one shot everything for easy capturing) Doing this will reward you with 99 Doors of Tomorrow in the Battle Arena.

On your Triple AP weapons won from One-Eye, use 10 Doors of Tomorrow on them to get the Overdrive AP ability, now you are ready to start the Don Tonberry Trick.

You'll want three characters with the weapons, preferably the one character who got the most kills in the game so far (Probably Tidus)

So setup Tidus with the Stoic Overdrive mode, and two other characters with AP weapons to Comrade mode.

Initiate a fight with Don Tonberry in the arena, have your Stoic OD guy attack the Tonberry and then revive him, have him attack again, and then revive him again, etc. If the Tonberry gets too close, Use the Flee command and reap in your rewards of hundreds and thousands of AP and mass levels.

Killing Don Tonberry is unnecessary. You are basically converting damage recieved into Overdrive gauge, and that overdrive is converted into AP which is tripled.

This is bar none the quickest way to level and max the sphere grid in the game.

OmegaDL50

Just a minor correction - you need 4 of each eye monsters, not 5. Also, having Triple overdrive on weapons helps speed up the process too.

I know this.

However not many people want to do the work to capture 10 of each monster for all locations in the game to get the 99 Winning Formula to add Triple Overdrive to 3 AP weapons.

The alternative method requires to bribe Sandworms for 900,000 gil in hopes you may get 15 Winning Formula. (Triple Overdrive requires 30)

Even if you used the 99 you get for capturing 10 of every fiend for three weapons, you'd still need about 3,600,000 gil for the rest, and it's still not a guarantee you get 15 each time, also using the Bribe 10x HP trick and adding 1 gil each time until the Sandworm leaves also has it's caveats for the same reasons.

ZeroX03

Banned
Self-righteous bitch. She bugged the hell of out of me back in the day. I wanted her to sink into a deep depression after her beliefs were stripped bare and trampled on by Tidus and co. But, no, instead of being a disgustingly drunk and stinking hobo performing tricks for drinks on the side of the Mi'hen Highroad, they made her an obnoxiously cheery reporter in X-2. It's not the way I would have wrote it, I'll tell you that for nothing.

Yeah, fuck Shelinda for always wanting to help people.

Yeah, fuck Shelinda for always wanting to help people.

Indeed. Fuck her until the self-righteousness of her misplaced convictions are literally dripping out of her....I should probably stop now. But, yeah, fuck Shelinda. I imagine her basement is literally full of "GOD HATES THE AL BHED" placards.

Wrong thread? Yeah, I totally felt that way as well, everything from the graphics (like you said) to the naming convention which is parallel to "Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII". The only thing is that there is no guarantee that the struggling Crystal Tools engine wouldn't have needed to cut even more corners visually to run on Vita hardware.

Yeeeaah, guess it was sorta off topic, but it's also an FF/Vita kinda thread too and I just wanted to see if anyone else thought the same.

genbatzu

got my FFX HD Platinum Trophy Yesterday

oh god this sphere grid trophy was sooooo boring... <.<
The main problem is smashing the x-button until it reacts to something, because the sphere grid is filled with animations which take way too long
character moving along the lines, character teleporting/warping (why does there have to be a flashy animation at the start and end of teleporting/warping?ôo) and of course deleting and placing and activating spheres, this animation is way too long and you cant press a button for ages after the animation allready finished...

I can't remember it being this tedious on PS2, but I only maxxed out Wakka and Rikku back then...

Now on to FFX-2... I played the game on PS2, but (beginning spoiler (<2%))
I can't remember that there was a monster "side game", where you can let them join your party, catch them and do a lot more pokémon stuff with them.. weird ôo

got my FFX HD Platinum Trophy Yesterday

oh god this sphere grid trophy was sooooo boring... <.<
The main problem is smashing the x-button until it reacts to something, because the sphere grid is filled with animations which take way too long
character moving along the lines, character teleporting/warping (why does there have to be a flashy animation at the start and end of teleporting/warping?ôo) and of course deleting and placing and activating spheres, this animation is way too long and you cant press a button for ages after the animation allready finished...

I can't remember it being this tedious on PS2, but I only maxxed out Wakka and Rikku back then...

Now on to FFX-2... I played the game on PS2, but (beginning spoiler (<2%))
I can't remember that there was a monster "side game", where you can let them join your party, catch them and do a lot more pokémon stuff with them.. weird ôo

There wasn't a monster catching side quest in the western editions of the game. It was added for the JP only international version. I'm really looking forward to checking out all the new additions to FFX-2. Especially the two new dress-spheres.

EDIT: So, can someone tell me exactly what the tedious sphere grid trophy is?

ZeroX03

Banned
Indeed. Fuck her until the self-righteousness of her misplaced convictions are literally dripping out of her....I should probably stop now. But, yeah, fuck Shelinda. I imagine her basement is literally full of "GOD HATES THE AL BHED" placards.

Self-righteousness? She was following a major religion that everyone that wasn't Al Bhed followed, with good intentions and had an inferior complex. She helped the party (and others), didn't show hate toward others and never forced people on to Yevon. How about the massively corrupt Maesters? And as far as 'misplaced convictions', the entire world other than the Al Bhed are followers of Yevon, so...

But yeah, fuck her for following what she knows and is told with the best intentions. She's such a fucking terrible person.

Self-righteousness? She was following a major religion that everyone that wasn't Al Bhed followed, with good intentions and had an inferior complex. She helped the party (and others), didn't show hate toward others and never forced people on to Yevon. How about the massively corrupt Maesters? And as far as 'misplaced convictions', the entire world other than the Al Bhed are followers of Yevon, so...

But yeah, fuck her for following what she knows and is told with the best intentions. She's such a fucking terrible person.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

She's also an awful interviewer. Where the fuck did she do her media training? Did she even do media training? I doubt it, I really do. Best intentions? She's no better than Hitler or Noel Edmonds. Fucking terrible person.

If I was Tidus I would have recruited omega to fight sin & yevon with.

If I was Tidus, I would have built a giant Seaworld, hired trainers and had Sin as the no. 1 attraction at the only Seaworld in Spira. Come see Sin jump through hoops and eat fish every week. That blackfish documentary would have nothing on the shit that would go down in Spira's Seaworld.

Ourobolus

Banned
so GAF, what is the best way to get lvl 3/sphere unlocks? I've hit so many brick walls...

They are rare drops from Defender Z in the Omega Ruins, or you can bribe Demonoliths for 900,000 for 40 of them.

EDIT: So, can someone tell me exactly what the tedious sphere grid trophy is?
You have to activate every node in the entire sphere grid with every character. This also includes filling empty nodes with spheres and activating them.

ramyeon

Man, Alchemist is really OP for healing, at least early on (First time playing), in FFX-2. As if being able to mix Mega-Potions wasn't enough, once you learn the ability to use them from Stash it's even better. Just finished Chapter 2 and I'm probably really over levelled (lv30) since nothing has really given me any kind of challenge yet. The last fight of Chapter 2
against Dark Bahamut
was pretty epic at first but then I steamrolled it lol.

You have to activate every node in the entire sphere grid with every character. This also includes filling empty nodes with spheres and activating them.

Oh, they can fuck right off with that. That's essentially a shitty cocktail of all the terrible war of attrition mini-games in FFX shaken up and poured right into my platinum FFX drink. I'm just not doing that. Not even entertaining the possibility of doing that. They can fuck off.
I lie. I probably will do that.

OmegaDL50

Not only that, you also need to highlight every single path on the grid in a characters color. Even useless moves such as moving a character into a dead end where it's not necessary just to activate a node.

-----------------
Anyone notice in FFX-2 when you visit the Youth League headquarters those two kids running around swinging their swords and such.

At first I thought it was just a NPC pattern thing, but they actually run up to Yuna and swing at her. You can literally run in a different direction and they will change their direction and beeline to Yuna just to take a swing at her.

Just thought that was odd is all.

Ourobolus

Banned
Not only that, you also need to highlight every single path on the grid in a characters color. Even useless moves such as moving a character into a dead end where it's not necessary just to activate a node.

Urgh. I didn't know this part. I've been actively avoiding doing just that. Goddammit.

Son Of D

You sure about that? I've filled all the nodes and activated them with Tidus and got the trophy despite there being some paths he hasn't traveled along.

genbatzu

Well...Shit..

What a waste of time then....bleh

i was under the same impression (that you need to walk every sphere grid path), because the trophy didn't popped up when I was pretty sure Wakka has activated every single sphere.
But it turned out 1 sphere was missing.. it's easy to overlook, so I kept 1 "super sphere" (dunno the exact english name, but it's the sphere you can activate anything with) to check if everything was activated (when it's greyed out, your done with the characteR)

OmegaDL50

Meh...I listened to Maechen's story entrely without interrupting him once at the Youth League HQ and shook his hand at the end and everything and the trophy didn't pop up.

You mean I gotta listen to it all over again. Whaaaaargarbl!!!!!

Ezi0

Meh...I listened to Maechen's story entrely without interrupting him once at the Youth League HQ and shook his hand at the end and everything and the trophy didn't pop up.

You mean I gotta listen to it all over again. Whaaaaargarbl!!!!!

You have to speak to him again in Chapter 3 and Chapter 5.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have Plat and I most definitely skimped on the unnecessary moves. Activating every node is enough. (Which is where Master Spheres come in handy for scouting out stuff you may have missed really fast)

Also this thread semi-ironically just Godwin'd. D:

Cornbread78

They are rare drops from Defender Z in the Omega Ruins, or you can bribe Demonoliths for 900,000 for 40 of them.

Ugggh, so if I just now got access to the
airship
can I attemp the Omega ruins, or do I have to level up waaay more before I jump in?

Holmes

Any tips on spawning Varuna in the Omega Ruins or is it a case of just being lucky and/or reloading every now and then?
You can force them to spawn on the second floor, provided you haven't defeated Omega Weapon. Just walk the whole floor until you have as many as you want, go back down, then right back up to the second floor. Works for Mega Tonberries too.

Top Bottom