• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Balphon

You catch them, level up ~5 times, then release. Not sure how it works if you catch at lvl 99 though lol

They only need 4 story levels each (since they all start with story level 1 unlocked), with a few fiends only requiring 2-3. To the best of my understanding, a fiend gains (a) 1 story level when they gain an EXP level, (b) 1 story level when are in the active party that wins a fiend arena tournament, and (c) 3 story levels if they're in your possession (even if not in the active party) when you finish a chapter.

So (FFX-2 good ending spoilers)
Yuna was just like "I want Tidus back" and the Fayth were like "Okay." I feel like that kind of defeats the ending of X if they could just do that.
Not that I feel that I would have been satisfied had I not gotten the good ending. I just feel really underwhelmed. Especially after all that dramatic stuff happened and then a big "Chapter 5 Complete!" appears and totally ruins it lol.

Can't say I'm a fan of the game.

Capture one of each monster in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. That will unlock Don Tonberry
Next, make sure to capture 4 of each flying Eye monsters - that will unlock One Eye.

What you do is farm One Eye until he drops weapons that have Triple AP and 2 free slots. Then you customize those weapons with Overdrive -> AP and Triple Overdrive.
Once you're done with that, you have to choose your main attacker. Usually it'll be Tidus since Don Tonberry's Karma will hit him for 99999 damage (if it doesn't it just means he didn't participate in enough battles). You set his overdrive mode to Stoic, and the other two party members' mode to Comrade.

When you're fighting Don Tonberry have only Tidus attacking him and the other two members reviving him. Once Don Tonberry gets close enough to the party you Flee from battle.

Voila - should be getting 99 sphere levels in around 2-3 minutes.

thanks, i was doing it with cactuar king though, but it works the same. leveling up 3 characters at once..

but i've ran into a problem, i've started running out of spheres.. is there a easy way to get them? specifically power spheres.

i've tried fighting KOTTOS but he's way too hard (unless there's a special method?) do i just have to fight normal enemies for ages? :(

Well, just finished FFX tonight. I still say FFX is one of my favorite endings in the medium. Dem feels... DEM FEELS.

I wonder if they knew they were gonna do a sequel prior to releasing FFX because I see no
other logical reason for that after credits scene now that I think about it. Unless it's just a "there's a chance he came when Yuna whistled!" type of scene.
From what I gathered,
Tidus is a recreation of Shuyin created by the Fayth
, which explains his really dumb outfit and his attraction to Yuna. Although
if Jecht is Shuyin's father, how did he mistake Tidus for his son?

From what I gathered,
Tidus is a recreation of Shuyin created by the Fayth
, which explains his really dumb outfit. Although
if Jecht is Shuyin's father, how did he mistake Tidus for his son?

Whaa... was that said in FFX-2? It's been so long since I played it, I can't remember, lol. Or just speculation? I'm not sure if I believe that unless the game outright says it because
the whole Jecht + Tidus relationship would be really weird if that were the case.

Hmm, the wiki says:
Maechen implies Shuyin's resemblance to Tidus is more than coincidental, but what he means by this is not made explicit. It is possible that the fayth summoning Dream Zanarkand "dreamed" Tidus in an attempt to recreate what they remembered of Shuyin, as they were charged with remembering and preserving every aspect of the destroyed city. I suppose it's possible, but then who was Jecht? Was Jecht really Shuyin's father? I'm not sure if I like that if it's true.

Manarola

Banned
First time playing FFX. I just beat
yunalesca
and I'm exploring now. What side quests should I check out? Having trouble researching this and avoiding spoilers.

Wazzy

Banned
First time playing FFX. I just beat
yunalesca
and I'm exploring now. What side quests should I check out? Having trouble researching this and avoiding spoilers.

Celestial weapons are the big one and there shouldn't be spoilers in them. Just be careful because now Dark Aeon's are around and they'll easily destroy you.

Manarola

Banned
Celestial weapons are the big one and there shouldn't be spoilers in them. Just be careful because now Dark Aeon's are around and they'll easily destroy you.
Yeah I ran into one when I tried to get to Besaid.

What's the best way to level up at this point?

aett

Before the Monster Arena, the best way to level up is easily the Cactuar valley in Bikanel. Complete the quest to get access to it. At first, only Wakka will be able to hit them, so be sure to have your other party members defend so they get exp until they raise their accuracy enough to take down the Cactuars themselves.

Ostinatto

Do the lightning dodges really have to be consecutive? I can barely get 5 in a row :(

must be consecutive !!

iI0GzpRHWUfGL.gif

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I ran into one when I tried to get to Besaid.

What's the best way to level up at this point?

What I did is monster hunt for Auron's sigil and while doing that unlock One-Eye and Don Tonberry in the monster arena. Once you've done that, go fight One-Eye and get Yuna to summon Yojimbo and Zanmato One-Eye. Save beforehand because if he doesn't drop an AP weapon you'll want to restart. I would highly recommend restarting until he drops Yuna's since after that you can do the don tonberry AP trick and level her up really fast.

It seems like a lot of work at first but it's actually pretty easy. You'll also breeze through the game once you've done all this.

Balphon

I suck at the timing on that, easier to just offset hasted thief atb bars and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but I might not have a choice.

Based on this video it looks like you'd just have to stagger them initially and then just hammer on X and R1 with the cursor set to memory.

I'm not entirely sure what sort of setup that guy did, though.

Manu

Hmm, looks like somehow I missed one of the monkeys in Kilika during Chapter 1 and I didn't get the Garment Grid. Is my 100% fucked? :/

XJF

Just got Double-6's first time using Two Dice, Boom! Gamblers Dream Trophy. Next time I used it in same battle I got Snake Eyes.

Balphon

Everyone had Haste from the look of it. Man he was hitting that trigger fast. I cannot. Do that.

Shouldn't really need to hit it very fast if you just want to keep the fiend stunned and the combo going. But yeah, that guy almost looked like he had it on autofire.

Shouldn't really need to hit it very fast if you just want to keep the fiend stunned and the combo going. But yeah, that guy almost looked like he had it on autofire.

after i kill
Sperimorph
im gonna go ahead and dodge lightning in 1 spot 200 times on my way back to besaid so i can get this pain in the ass sigil out of the way

Atlantis

I'm now strong enough to take on One Eye, but his Shockwave deals some crippling status effects (confused, blind, sleep) and it's pissing me off. I'm trying to get ribbon or anti-status abilities on my armor and I forgot how bloody grindy FFX is to get the most basic anti-status effect abilities unlike other FF's. It's bullshit really.

Stealing and Bribe make it fairly painless..

You could just summon an Aeon before his turns then dismiss it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm now strong enough to take on One Eye, but his Shockwave deals some crippling status effects (confused, blind, sleep) and it's pissing me off. I'm trying to get ribbon or anti-status abilities on my armor and I forgot how bloody grindy FFX is to get the most basic anti-status effect abilities unlike other FF's. It's bullshit really.
I just had Auron, Wakka, Tidus as my party with Celestial Weapons. Put Tidus and Wakka on Victor OD mode. Auron goes first with First Strike and Armor Breaks. Tidus uses Entrust to give Wakka his OD. (Each victory gives them 3/5 meter due to Triple Overdrive, 3/5+3/5 > 1.) Wakka Attack Reels 12 hits and kills.

I did this before I could even survive a shockwave, let alone deal with the status effects. So your party should be strong enough to do this too.

So, my friend's complained about his game having issues with FMV cutscenes. He says when they play, the audio just cuts out and will persist until he restarts his game. It happens for both games, too.

Is this a known issue? I ask because I lurk the thread but don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So, my friend's complained about his game having issues with FMV cutscenes. He says when they play, the audio just cuts out and will persist until he restarts his game. It happens for both games, too.

Is this a known issue? I ask because I lurk the thread but don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before.
Some people have mentioned that the surround sound disables on cutscenes and doesn't reset until a forced restart. Maybe his setup only does surround sound so when it goes back to stereo, he can't hear it?

XJF

I've Platinum'd FFX and have exactly 50.0% completion in FFX-2 and I have yet to experience this issue. I play on both platforms, too. (PS3/PSV)

Top Bottom