• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ZeroX03

Banned
How long does Wakka's ultimate weapon take? I did it on ps2 and i remember it taking a ridiculously long time, so im not sure if I want to do it again

If you're efficient, getting all reels and the sigil takes between 5-7 hours

How is it taking people that long...? You only need one goal and then you can leave the game sitting there, the clock runs at double speed, it's only 5 minutes per game (plus time in menus). Was done in 3~ hours or so, had to run around twice to recruit people again after reset data.

How is it taking people that long...? You only need one goal and then you can leave the game sitting there, the clock runs at double speed, it's only 5 minutes per game (plus time in menus). Was done in 3~ hours or so, had to run around twice to recruit people again after reset data.

Wait, sit there? Doesn't that trigger an encounter and then the clock stops anyway?

Carbonox

Capturing enemies in the Omega Dungeon is a real slow grind. It's a proper balancing game here to ensure you survive and still be able to capture. I've equipped Tidus with Caladbolg so he can do big damage to the armored/bigger enemies to make it quicker for Wakka/Auron to finish them off with capture. Throwing in debuffs and whatnot as well to weaken or prevent the more status-inflicting enemies from wrecking me if possible. Capture weapons without break damage limit make this a real pain at times. I can deal with most of the Omega enemies now but things like Great Marlboros are continuing to be a pain to capture (killing them outright is easy) because of Ambush. I hear the Great Marlboros inside Sin don't start with Ambush though? That would make things a lot easier where they're concerned...

I guess I should really just go and get me some Ribbon armors and build the ultimate armors and then return to make it easier to capture the enemies who love to inflict every status under the sun on you. Got some makeshift status-preventing (stoneproof, darkward, things like that) armors as placeholders to give me a bit of extra space and time.

Reset the game.
Go to the "green room" (the one most on the right on the map).
Run arround a bit, if you don't acounter 1 Tomberry in 20 minutes (usually they come in pairs I noticed, mean 2 in a row or in a couple fights inbetween). If not, reload, rince&repeat.
Reason being the encounter rate for each monster is set at random at each load of your save data.

Got my 10 (11 even) in like 90 minutes.

This worked a charm. Went to the green room and got 8 Tonberries in like an hour. :lol

Atlantis

I can deal with most of the Omega enemies now but things like Great Marlboros are continuing to be a pain to capture (killing them outright is easy) because of Ambush. I hear the Great Marlboros inside Sin don't start with Ambush though? That would make things a lot easier where they're concerned...

How is killing them easy whole capturing is not? :eek: Because of Break Damage Limit?

In this specific case, just use First Strike and Provoke to make them harmless.

Trigger

Not if you're behind your goalie. The other team will just swim around in circles in the middle of the map.

iu5IS.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
In this specific case, just use First Strike and Provoke to make them harmless.

First Strike -> Provoke for enemies that ambush you.

Silencer Buster for enemies with status inflicting counter attacks (Demonolith).

A few of the Omega Ruins enemies are also weak to Delay Buster (Wraith) and you can kill them before they hit you, it counts as a weapon attack so it can capture too.

Finished collecting monsters.

I thought Clear Spheres required beating Nemesis but I haven't even unlocked him and can still buy the spheres.

I don't really know where to go now. Just the thought of messing with the sphere grid makes me bored. Actually doing it? Ugh.

Maybe I'll fire up FFX-2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Capturing enemies in the Omega Dungeon is a real slow grind. It's a proper balancing game here to ensure you survive and still be able to capture. I've equipped Tidus with Caladbolg so he can do big damage to the armored/bigger enemies to make it quicker for Wakka/Auron to finish them off with capture. Throwing in debuffs and whatnot as well to weaken or prevent the more status-inflicting enemies from wrecking me if possible. Capture weapons without break damage limit make this a real pain at times. I can deal with most of the Omega enemies now but things like Great Marlboros are continuing to be a pain to capture (killing them outright is easy) because of Ambush. I hear the Great Marlboros inside Sin don't start with Ambush though? That would make things a lot easier where they're concerned...
:lol

Sin Great Malboros don't auto-ambush, yes. Also if you really wanted to you could leave Omega Dungeon for last (get 5 of each, then put 10 of each off till you have enough free junk to put break damage limit on a capture weapon)

Finished collecting monsters.

I thought Clear Spheres required beating Nemesis but I haven't even unlocked him and can still buy the spheres.

Clear Spheres are 5 of each.

XJF

Home from work! Gonna restart from beginning of Chapter 4. I did the first couple things (pre CommSphere) and I was off by a few fractions of a percent, but enough to where the integer of the percentage didn't roll over when it should have.

Ourobolus

Banned
All of y'all are scaring me. Are you just not following a guide for each chapter or what? I beat FFX-2 back in the day, but it sounds like it is ridiculous to simply follow a guide for 100%

XJF

All of y'all are scaring me. Are you just not following a guide for each chapter or what? I beat FFX-2 back in the day, but it sounds like it is ridiculous to simply follow a guide for 100%

I'm following official Guide, it has a checklist in the back for 100%, and I check the walkthrough for individual things to do in each area to make sure it matches. I did a thing or two out of order in the 15 minutes into chapter 4 I got, so I assume that's it somehow..

Falk

that puzzling face
There are two problems. Firstly, the guides are essentially all derivative of the original Brady Games guide and most of the elaborations are what the writer of the guide -thinks- triggers the percentages. Sometimes these are off (you get percentage before the guide says you should especially when watching the same comsphere many times in a row) or are otherwise not descriptive enough so you're often left wondering 'did I already fulfill this checkmark lol'

Secondly and more relevant is the game only shows you percentage in integers, while the guide does increments of 0.2% meaning you can't be sure you're spot on as far as the guide is concerned unless the "total" lands on a X.0% which can be hours apart at times.

Ourobolus

Banned
That was kinda my point. I have the Brady guide and I was hoping it would help me to 100% at the outset. Should I do everything in the order the guide recommends?

XJF

That was kinda my point. I have the Brady guide and I was hoping it would help me to 100% at the outset. Should I do everything in the order the guide recommends?

I would recommend using the KG21 guide from gamefaqs along side it, just for assurance. I know a few people who have had success with that guide

At the beginning of Chapter 4, the official guide has Watching Crimson Record 2 & 3, and resting in the cabin adding 1.8% for a total of 61.4%, then some CommSphere stuff that leads to 62.2%. Then it says Talk to Paine on Deck of Celsius for 0.8% leading to a total of 63.0%.
However, KG21's guide has, Resting, Talking to Paine, and watching the 2 Crimson Records all together for the 1.8% that totals to 61.4%.

Which is right?

Zephyx

thanks, i was doing it with cactuar king though, but it works the same. leveling up 3 characters at once..

but i've ran into a problem, i've started running out of spheres.. is there a easy way to get them? specifically power spheres.

i've tried fighting KOTTOS but he's way too hard (unless there's a special method?) do i just have to fight normal enemies for ages? :(

1 character with Break Damage Limit should be enough. My setup is something like this since I don't have Auto-Protect/Auto-Haste and Break Damage Limit on all of my current characters:

Party Member 1: Character with High HP and Defense
Party Member 2: Healer (Yuna)
Party Member 3: Hitter with Break Damage Limit

1. Cast Hastega on the First Turn (any character).
2. Cast Protect using Party Member 2 on Party Member 1.
3. Wait for the turn of Party Member 1 then make him/her use Sentinel.
4. Once Sentinel is up, use your character with Break Damage Limit to Extract the Sphere you want then bash Quick Hit. Cast Curaga using Party Member 2 on Party Member 1 if his/her HP gets too low.
5. Rinse and repeat until enemy is dead.

I tried to rely on Auto-Phoenix on my initial attempt but my hitter loses his/her Haste buff once he/she dies so it takes longer.

Yeah Wakkas Sigil took me under 3h. It's only 25 games.
Jecht Shot takes care of business.

For me, it wasn't even really the time factor that made me hate getting Wakka's sigil. It's just boring as fuck. Every game proceeded like this (because it was the most assured way to win): Grab ball with Brother, round up all the opposing team to the opposite side of the arena, pass to Tidus who is on the other side at the goal, shoot and score. Repeat this x100. The Al Bhed Psyches were annoying simply because of their goalie being really good. And the Guado team was also annoying because of how fast they were. Brother couldn't really outrun them very well. But every other team it was a joke. And just..boring.

---

Reading all these posts about FFX-2 makes me almost dread playing that game. I want to get 100%, but it seems like such a chore.

Manu

I would recommend using the KG21 guide from gamefaqs along side it, just for assurance. I know a few people who have had success with that guide

At the beginning of Chapter 4, the official guide has Watching Crimson Record 2 & 3, and resting in the cabin adding 1.8% for a total of 61.4%, then some CommSphere stuff that leads to 62.2%. Then it says Talk to Paine on Deck of Celsius for 0.8% leading to a total of 63.0%.
However, KG21's guide has, Resting, Talking to Paine, and watching the 2 Crimson Records all together for the 1.8% that totals to 61.4%.

Which is right?

My last save is right after talking to Paine. My save file says 63%. So it's the first one.

Roto13

For me, it wasn't even really the time factor that made me hate getting Wakka's sigil. It's just boring as fuck. Every game proceeded like this (because it was the most assured way to win): Grab ball with Brother, round up all the opposing team to the opposite side of the arena, pass to Tidus who is on the other side at the goal, shoot and score. Repeat this x100. The Al Bhed Psyches were annoying simply because of their goalie being really good. And the Guado team was also annoying because of how fast they were. Brother couldn't really outrun them very well. But every other team it was a joke. And just..boring.

---

Reading all these posts about FFX-2 makes me almost dread playing that game. I want to get 100%, but it seems like such a chore.

So don't go for 100%.

So don't go for 100%.

But I mustttt! On my first playthrough (well, my only playthrough) of FFX-2 back when it released, I got like 98-99% and was so pissed off. I ended up watching the perfect ending on youtube years later. But I'd like to actually get 100% this time. It just sounds like a big pain, though. I wish they had been a bit more lenient on the requirements.

Balphon

This FFX-2 guide has a lot of whole number percentage checks (around 40) if you guys are set on finishing in one go and are worried about missing stuff.

ramyeon

This FFX-2 guide has a lot of whole number percentage checks (around 40) if you guys are set on finishing in one go and are worried about missing stuff.
This is what I've been using and so far so good, the checks are really thorough and it certainly covers everything, at least so far.

XJF

My last save is right after talking to Paine. My save file says 63%. So it's the first one.
I figured it all out. The guide was talking about talking to her on the Bridge, but mistakenly put Deck. I'm back on track now.

just did a speed run of Chapter 4 directly after doing the Mi'ihen CommSphere stuff to get to Chapter 5 and make sure all my stuff pegged Rikku as the culprit. It Did! Now to reload and do the rest of Chapter 4 by the book.... I hate chapter 4...

pariah164

I figured it all out. The guide was talking about talking to her on the Bridge, but mistakenly put Deck. I'm back on track now.

just did a speed run of Chapter 4 directly after doing the Mi'ihen CommSphere stuff to get to Chapter 5 and make sure all my stuff pegged Rikku as the culprit. It Did! Now to reload and do the rest of Chapter 4 by the book.... I hate chapter 4...
Chapter 4 is the worst; I may speedrun through it and just say eff the 100% on my next playthrough.

Am I the only one that thinks Lightning Returns would have made for a far superior Vita/handheld version than a console version? For one the graphics left a lot to be desired, but would look phenomenally good as a portable game. For two, the questing and sheer amount of sidequests have a very pick up and play nature to them. For three... eh that's all I've got but I think I made my point.

ok, i started hunting more monsters, and i got power spheres back since then, started doing ap trick again. when i run out i'll start collecting monsters again.

weirdly rikku is my strongest character.. 40k damage from an attack. lol.
so i can take one-eye out ini a few quick hits now. :)

Top Bottom