• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

OmegaDL50

Oh wow, I put one of those creature capture pods on Mushroom Rock.

I caught myself a Tonberry. Seems like it would make a good Warrior or Thief, it has very high STR, DEF, and AGI. Looks like he can't dodge worth crap though considering his EVA is pathetically low.

From what I understand if I complete a fiends story, they are automatically released right? So If I wanted to keep a specific creature forever, I'd either need to capture another one after completing it's story or just never finish it's fiend tale right?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the game is on sale for $29.99 on Amazon (and Gamestop too I believe). Good deal for those that haven't picked it up yet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HD4R5RW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The hell, the game hasn't even been out 3 weeks and it's already $10 down.

This usually happens to games that have bad sales and they are trying to get rid of stock. I hope this isn't indicative of that or it's just honestly on sale for a small time frame. I do want to this game to be successful for Square-Enix to be motivated enough to bother doing a FFXII ZJS HD Remaster.

You sure about that? I've filled all the nodes and activated them with Tidus and got the trophy despite there being some paths he hasn't traveled along.

I was going into dead ends myself (stopped at the mo as I will replace some of them anyway). It's just one move to go... might as well do it for certainty, no?

Small pet peeve, but I really dislike when games have continuous timers even when paused. Small pet peeve...

You sure about that? I've filled all the nodes and activated them with Tidus and got the trophy despite there being some paths he hasn't traveled along.

I was going into dead ends myself (stopped at the mo as I will replace some of them anyway). It's just one move to go... might as well do it for certainty, no?

Small pet peeve, but I really dislike when games have continuous timers even when paused. Small pet peeve...

You do not need to do this. Just got the trophy with Wakka and there are tons of roads I haven't used.

OmegaDL50

Well there one benefit to the creature creator system in FFX-2.

In the original release of FFX-2 there was no party member option in the main menu, meaning it IS possible to remove everyone in your team except one character and do solo game challenges.

Not my thing or very practical but just wanted to point out the option exists unlike before, for those that like to do this sorts of challenges.

I'm not that OCD about gaming in general, but if I leave the game paused and come back, say, a couple of hours later and find that the timer has been ticking throughout, I just have to restart from a previous save. Even if that means losing some progress. I can't abide a false playtime in my JRPGs. Just that genre, mind you. I don't really care if its something like Devil May Cry, but if it's a JRPG; goddammit, I need my timer to accurately reflect my game time.

I'm not that OCD about gaming in general, but if I leave the game paused and come back, say, a couple of hours later and find that the timer has been ticking throughout, I just have to restart from a previous save. Even if that means losing some progress. I can't abide a false playtime in my JRPGs. Just that genre, mind you. I don't really care if its something like Devil May Cry, but if it's a JRPG; goddammit, I need my timer to accurately reflect my game time.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.. lol. I don't like 'paused' times adding onto my game time. It was a pain when playing KH HD

Ourobolus

Banned

I believe Persona PSP is super guilty of this - IIRC the timer even ran when you put the device in sleep mode, so I always maxed the damn timer after 100 hours.

Levyne

Banned
I accidentally leave my games on all the time so often my playtimes are largely inflated. It's never bothered me.

The fact that people some people care about it is actually a mild form of culture shock to me, in a way.

Loomba

I missed the Al Bhed Primer 2 and I just got the airship, I try to go back and get it, but I get the village entrance and I have to fight Dark Valefor and he one shots me. Is there any other way to get into the village to get the primer or I'm I screwed?

OmegaDL50

Something doesn't seem right.

According to the official guide for the 100% Completion Checklist.

I just finished Mushroom Rock Road Chp. 1 which should leave me with exactly 13% Completed.

I am actually 15% Completed, hey, bonus percentage is fine by me if that doesn't screw me up later, and I've been following every step thus far to the letter to make sure I get 100% this time.

The last time I played was back on the PS2 release years ago and only got 99.2% and I could never find that missing 0.8%

I missed the Al Bhed Primer 2 and I just got the airship, I try to go back and get it, but I get the village entrance and I have to fight Dark Valefor and he one shots me. Is there any other way to get into the village to get the primer or I'm I screwed?
Do you have yojimbo? I zanmoto'd dark valefor.

Luigi87

Summon Yojimbo and hope for Zanmato. That's how I got in.
Edit: too slow

Falk

that puzzling face

Technically you could start a new game, get the primer and then save that, use the primer merging sphere thingamagico to 'import' it after reloading your actual save data.

XJF

Something doesn't seem right.

According to the official guide for the 100% Completion Checklist.

I just finished Mushroom Rock Road Chp. 1 which should leave me with exactly 13% Completed.

I am actually 15% Completed, hey, bonus percentage is fine by me if that doesn't screw me up later, and I've been following every step thus far to the letter to make sure I get 100% this time.
I'm following the checklist in the official guide, I didn't notice any problems until the beginning of Chapter 4 where they misnamed the place where you talk to Paine.

There's another error where it says you're suppose to talk to Baralai in Bikanel that's also wrong, you only talk to Baralai in Bevelle that early in the game

Back on. Hoping to finish Chapter 4 before work

I accidentally leave my games on all the time so often my playtimes are largely inflated. It's never bothered me.

The fact that people some people care about it is actually a mild form of culture shock to me, in a way.

My other strange quirk was that I would reach the end of a JRPG and delete the save, start again, but this time around do the sidequests etc. which I didn't tend to bother with the first time around. I don't do that anymore, but back in the PS1/2 era, if it was a great JRPG, I'd try and squeeze that little bit extra out of it by not seeing the ending. I did it with FF7-10 and some other (usually Squaresoft) JRPGs. I didn't buy that many games, but when I did, I tried to make them last as long as possible.

I remember with FFX-2, upon beating the last boss for the first time, I actually turned the TV off, made some dinner and turned it back on after the ending had finished. Purely because it had the new game plus feature and I needed to save after the ending. So yeah, that's one freakish quirk that I'm glad to be rid of. I did contemplate doing it with Persona 4 Golden, but it worked out that I didn't get the best ending anyway. That's reason enough to go back to it eventually, to get the perfect ending.

I can't imagine too many people do that.

Ourobolus

Banned
I did contemplate doing it with Persona 4 Golden, but it worked out that I didn't get the best ending anyway. That's reason enough to go back to it eventually, to get the perfect ending.

You do know that the "perfect" ending in P4 is just continuing on from the good ending, right? You can't miss the perfect ending unless you simply give up and specifically choose to ignore the route to the perfect ending. Even then, you can't "miss" it since there's no way to save after you choose.

You do know that the "perfect" ending in P4 is just continuing on from the good ending, right? You can't miss the perfect ending unless you simply give up and specifically choose to ignore the route to the perfect ending. Even then, you can't "miss" it since there's no way to save after you choose.

Actually, that's only true with regular P4, not Golden. You only get the best ending in P4G if you completed the Marie side-quest & it's definitely possible to save after not doing that.

XJF

I can't believe they didn't clean up the Concert scene in X-2... Really disappointed after how great the scenes in X looked...

Yep, I do exactly this for RPGs and like you, less so on something like DMC (unless it's a first play through).

Also weird how soft reset in this goes to the splash screen rather than FFX's main screen. Those extra seconds for loading are precious haha!

JimPanzer

so how do I appraoch X-2 if I don't want to use a guide but want to see as much as possible on my first playthrough (no need for 100%, will use a guide for this). should I just go through every location (not only hotspots) on the list for each of the chapters?

Yep, I do exactly this for RPGs and like you, less so on something like DMC (unless it's a first play through).

Also weird how soft reset in this goes to the splash screen rather than FFX's main screen. Those extra seconds for loading are precious haha!

Actually, it's annoying in that I use Blitzball to pick up teleport spheres early in the game. So, having to soft reset every time the main prize isn't a teleport sphere is going to be annoying. I've got it on the vita, but not played it yet, so hopefully that will potentially be quicker.

Over 5 hours into the game after the blitzball machine fight and I made the connection between Chappu and Lulu. Guess that explains her dark side.

Wait, what connection? The obvious one or something else?
They were lovers, he was the typical wild eyed plucky male. He refused to use the best looking sword of all time. Was subsequently decimated for his poor choice in weaponry and that made Wakka and Lulu sad. He was Wakka's brother and apparently decent at Blitz. Though not all that great because they didn't win a game until Wakka carried them to victory over the Psyches. Like a boss.

Cornbread78

Enemy stats don't change.

The Defender Z's in the Zanarkand Dome you fought are the same Defender Z's in the Omega Ruins.

wel, I just wanted to come back to say, the first encounter in the Ruins decimated my party and it was just one of those panther things and a mimic.... F this crap...

ubercheez

so how do I appraoch X-2 if I don't want to use a guide but want to see as much as possible on my first playthrough (no need for 100%, will use a guide for this). should I just go through every location (not only hotspots) on the list for each of the chapters?

Yeah, there's usually something to do in every location in every chapter. Save the hotspots for last.

XJF

Anyone have a comprehensive list of what monsters appear on what floors in the Via Infinito so I can work on my oversouling as I move down it?

What's a good team for a quick Blitzball win in X-2

Roto13

Go to non-hotspots first. Then hotspots. It's pretty simple. :p

Roto13

Oh my god, commsphere is worse than I remember. Glad I'm playing on Vita so I can do other stuff while I do it.

The guide says to use the spheres to talk to Barthello at Kilika Temple but he just stood there and didn't say anything. Now the sphere is broken. Fuck it, I don't even care if I missed a fraction of a percentage point there.

krae_man

Quick question. I ran into Oaka's brother on Mt Gagazet. He had some pretty kick ass shit, unfortunately I couldn't afford any of it since I spent all my money on Yojimbo. After I left him and continued on the side path he was on, he was gone when I went back. Does he show up again?

OmegaDL50

Quick question. I ran into Oaka's brother on Mt Gagazet. He had some pretty kick ass shit, unfortunately I couldn't afford any of it since I spent all my money on Yojimbo. After I left him and continued on the side path he was on, he was gone when I went back. Does he show up again?

After you talk to him on Mt Gagazet and move on, he permanently relocates to Macalania Woods near the exit to the Thunder Plains, with a completely different inventory consisted of Empty four slot weapons and armors to customize to whatever you wise.

Flandy

It's most definitely in my posting history...let me look for it.
Thanks
I know this.

However not many people want to do the work to capture 10 of each monster for all locations in the game to get the 99 Winning Formula to add Triple Overdrive to 3 AP weapons.

The alternative method requires to bribe Sandworms for 900,000 gil in hopes you may get 15 Winning Formula. (Triple Overdrive requires 30)

Even if you used the 99 you get for capturing 10 of every fiend for three weapons, you'd still need about 3,600,000 gil for the rest, and it's still not a guarantee you get 15 each time, also using the Bribe 10x HP trick and adding 1 gil each time until the Sandworm leaves also has it's caveats for the same reasons.
Don't you need to capture 10 of every enemy to unlock nemesis? Or is that just capturing 1 of every enemy? Because I've have 10 of every enemy if all areas except the Omega Ruins lol
My other strange quirk was that I would reach the end of a JRPG and delete the save, start again, but this time around do the sidequests etc. which I didn't tend to bother with the first time around. I don't do that anymore, but back in the PS1/2 era, if it was a great JRPG, I'd try and squeeze that little bit extra out of it by not seeing the ending. I did it with FF7-10 and some other (usually Squaresoft) JRPGs. I didn't buy that many games, but when I did, I tried to make them last as long as possible.

I remember with FFX-2, upon beating the last boss for the first time, I actually turned the TV off, made some dinner and turned it back on after the ending had finished. Purely because it had the new game plus feature and I needed to save after the ending. So yeah, that's one freakish quirk that I'm glad to be rid of. I did contemplate doing it with Persona 4 Golden, but it worked out that I didn't get the best ending anyway. That's reason enough to go back to it eventually, to get the perfect ending.

I uhhhhh hrrmmmm

Actually, that's only true with regular P4, not Golden. You only get the best ending in P4G if you completed the Marie side-quest & it's definitely possible to save after not doing that.
Wait are you telling that if you don't do
Maries optional dungeon then you can't do the next really hidden dungeon for the true ending?

ubercheez

Another recommendation is talk to every NPC, more then once, and never force any dialog to skip, or skip cutscenes for any reason.

There are so many ways to screw up getting 100%

He said he didn't care about 100% though. He just wanted to experience the game fully.

Don't you need to capture 10 of every enemy to unlock nemesis? Or is that just capturing 1 of every enemy? Because I've have 10 of every enemy if all areas except the Omega Ruins lol

I think it's capture 10 of every enemy and defeat all other special/area/species creations in the Arena.

I've captured 10 of all and Nemesis still is not unlocked.

Tomorrow I'm finally gonna wrap uo dat platinum for X and dive right into X-2. Have 10 monsters in all areas except Sin, Omega and Gagazet+need to fill all the nodes for the 4 non mains so lots of Kottos and Don ahead too.

Dancing Yoona? I wanna seeee!

Top Bottom