• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

AmanoBuff

Thanks

Don't you need to capture 10 of every enemy to unlock nemesis? Or is that just capturing 1 of every enemy? Because I've have 10 of every enemy if all areas except the Omega Ruins lol

I uhhhhh hrrmmmm

Wait are you telling that if you don't do
Maries optional dungeon then you can't do the next really hidden dungeon for the true ending?

I think it's capture 10 of every enemy and defeat all other special/area/species creations in the Arena.

I've captured 10 of all and Nemesis still is not unlocked.

Yup, you need to capture 10 of every fiend AND defeat all monsters on the Monster Arena to unlock Nemesis iirc. Still have to do it though. Maybe next week. I'll use a couple of days to spam AP/Gil/Spheres and completely fill the Grid for each character.

Can't wait to fight Nemesis, all the D. Aeons and Penance!

@Flandy: Did you already start FFX-2? If so, how is it? Are you liking it? Plan on diving into it from next week perhaps.

I uhhhhh hrrmmmm

Slightly horrifying, isn't it. The good news is that quirk died a long time ago. I barely made it through the awfulness of FFXIII, let alone restart it before the last boss fight.

Also, anyone remember the Gaming Intelligence Agency (GIA) website? Those bastards kind of spoiled the ending of FFX for me with a news story about FFX International. I never forgave them after that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh my god, commsphere is worse than I remember. Glad I'm playing on Vita so I can do other stuff while I do it.

The guide says to use the spheres to talk to Barthello at Kilika Temple but he just stood there and didn't say anything. Now the sphere is broken. Fuck it, I don't even care if I missed a fraction of a percentage point there.

On one hand you're probably supposed to point at his face or something to trigger his speech. On the other, he smashes the sphere after his speech. Considering how the game thinks you apparently watched his speech vs it might have considered it as 'skipping a scene' I say your chances are 50-50 as to whether you're missing %.

lol FFX-2

Diablos54

Only ever played through this twice, both many years ago, so I'm really looking forward to playing this on my Vita. Lord bless the Vita. FF I to X-2 on one machine? Truly God's work!
Now hurry up and finish downloading!

Cornbread78

Trying to get four level 5 chocobos is really frustrating. I want to smash something.

Screw that.... I just went through the entire Omega Ruins, got all the chests and went back to save, just to get killed by a Marlboro literally inches away from the save point.. AAAARRRGGHHHHH. I hate wastign over an hour of gameplay, such Bull crap. I was even wearing Serene armor so they didn't get confused, but entore party got infected and then game over.......

does anyone have a list of all the location to donate to the traveling salesman? I'm at the moonflow now and thought there was another opportunity to donate to him.

does anyone have a list of all the location to donate to the traveling salesman? I'm at the moonflow now and thought there was another opportunity to donate to him.

You can't donate to him anymore after Operation Mi'ihen begins. I think the Mi'ihen Highroad is the last time you can donate. It's really not that big of a deal, though.

Wazzy

Banned
I watched X-2's opening yesterday and it was just as amazing as I remember. The soundtrack in the game is sooooo good. I still wanna finish maxing out my X characters so I'm going to fully start X-2 later.

Roto13

On one hand you're probably supposed to point at his face or something to trigger his speech. On the other, he smashes the sphere after his speech. Considering how the game thinks you apparently watched his speech vs it might have considered it as 'skipping a scene' I say your chances are 50-50 as to whether you're missing %.

lol FFX-2

I zoomed in on different things and moved the camera around and nothing happened. It's not that big a deal since I was planning to play through it again on the side of New Yevon to get a few extra percentage points to cover whatever I miss in this run, anyway. Still, it's pretty crap.

Make sure your entire party isn't Zombied, but also make sure your entire party isn't un-Zombied. Keep a good mix.

When I read a guide it said she would only re-zombify your party if every member was unzombied. For me, I tried this no less than 7 different times, she would re-zombify my whole party if ANYONE, even one person, was unzombied. I would get triple-zombied, use a single holy water, and boom I would get re-zombied again on the next turn. This happened 100% of the time.

I finally had to just use Trio of 9999 to kill her.

OmegaDL50

Did you know?

You don't need to soft reset if you screw something up in FFX-2.

I mean things like failing a dig in Bikanel or the Chocobo's failing to return to get the Awesome Chocobo in the Ranch Quest.

There is actually a built-in quit to title function.

Just pause the game and press triangle for a prompt to go back to the title screen.

Instead quitting all the way to the game selection menu. It sure cuts on the loading times at least.

Flandy

Did you know?

You don't need to soft reset if you screw something up in FFX-2.

I mean things like failing a dig in Bikanel or the Chocobo's failing to return to get the Awesome Chocobo in the Ranch Quest.

There is actually a built-in quit to title function.

Just pause the game and press triangle for a prompt to go back to the title screen.

Instead quitting all the way to the game selection menu. It sure cuts on the loading times at least.

If that was in the original you just blew my mind. Then again in the original NA version I never had a reason to quit to title since I didn't go for 100%

God, all these years later and I still just don't fucking get Blitzball. It's so unnecessarily obtuse and frustrating, and the horrible stats of the default Aurochs players makes it seemingly pointless to even try and beat the Goers. (I know it's certainly possible, but I can't do it even while exploiting the "waiting-behind-your-goalie" glitch).

I didn't bother ever trying to get Wakka's stuff through Blitzball back on the PS2, and I doubt I will here either. Nothing is worth having to put up with Blitzball for even a second, let alone hours.

OmegaDL50

God, all these years later and I still just don't fucking get Blitzball. It's so unnecessarily obtuse and frustrating, and the horrible stats of the default Aurochs players makes it seemingly pointless to even try and beat the Goers. (I know it's certainly possible, but I can't do it even while exploiting the "waiting-behind-your-goalie" glitch).

I didn't bother ever trying to get Wakka's stuff through Blitzball back on the PS2, and I doubt I will here either. Nothing is worth having to put up with Blitzball for even a second, let alone hours.

I wouldn't say giving up on the most powerful attack in the game, is not worth it. Even considering it can be obtained with as little as 2 or 3 games (just win a tournament)

If you have any intentions of fighting any of the optional bosses in the game, you are basically crippling yourself if you give up on Wakka's Attack Reels, and thus would need to resort to using Zanmato for everything else, which means even more hours wasted on Gil farming just to make that strategy even worthwhile to use.

Yes, the Aurochs suck, beating the Goers however does not warrant the reward you get, which is just a bonus cutscene and a power sphere which can be infinitely farmed for later in the game.

However completely replacing all of your team members minus Tidus with certain players makes Blitzball pathetically easy and trivial.

Trying to score with a low level team is worthless and won't achieve much. The first thing to do in Blitzball is to ALWAYS set the controls to manual. Never use Auto for any reason. After you get your hands on the ball simply pass it around to your team mates. Actions = Exp, so the more times you pass the ball the more exp you gain (Especially Tidus to gain his Jecht Shot), simply pass the ball in the first half and don't ever let the opposing team have a chance to handle the ball and level up themselves. This is the key to leveling and eventually overpowering the playing field.

Tidus's Jecht Shot completely ignores any two defending players. So you could have Two Defenders on top of Tidus next to the Goal Keeper. Simply using the Jecht Shot without breaking will nullify the defense and more likely blow through the Goalie as well. Yes abuse that move. It's THAT broken.

In FFX can you do all the optional bosses etc after finishing the main story?

I guess I'm wondering how far I am from the end, I just
sent Mika and the next thing is supposed to be approaching Sin with the hymn of the fayth or whatever.

Levyne

Banned

sent Mika and the next thing is supposed to be approaching Sin with the hymn of the fayth or whatever.

No, there is a point of no return you don't want to pass. I think it's something like the 3rd savesphere in the final dungeon (1 near the airship, one near some stairs near a boss, and one past some ruins).

Yes, you can, but you've still got
3-5
hours to play I'd say.

No, there is a point of no return you don't want to pass. I think it's something like the 3rd savesphere in the final dungeon (1 near the airship, one near some stairs near a boss, and one past some ruins).

There's no save point after that one though, so it's not like you could possibly miss it. Just save at every save point like you should anyway, beat the final boss, reload and do the optional stuff ;)

Levyne

Banned
Well, sure you can always do something optional "after the story" if it means reloading a save :p. No free-map mode or whatever you want to call it, though.

tell me someone's made a kind of hack that detects the white flash of the lightning to auto press X? pleeeeasssee....
i cant do it :(

Try this.
You don't have to watch for the flash, only where you are (the lightning always comes when you enter the crater).

I used the same strategy here, exact same angle. try muting the TV too, i found it much easier to time button presses without the constant music and thunder going off.

any tips for
Yunalesca
and dont say get holy,
itll take me atleast 20 something AP just to get it

like others have said, get a mix of Zombie and non-Zombie on your characters.
when she changes to her final form she does Mega Death on her first turn(and other turns) and only zombified characters will survive. also, an alternative is to put Deathproof on Yuna and she'll be immune to those attacks.

does anyone know the exact amount of Luck Nodes needed on the grid for ideal Luck rating? it will be much easier just knowing how many i need prior to starting.

Vlodril

Are you not supposed to get prompts on the jecht shot challenge? Cause nothing appeared on my screen in the vita version.

OmegaDL50

Are you not supposed to get prompts on the jecht shot challenge? Cause nothing appeared on my screen in the vita version.

You are supposed to press the direction the words are coming from.

As per the description of the practice round which you had to hit a specific direction and press the X button.

The real deal there are no directional inputs but rather text boxes in any of the 8 directions
+ neutral on the dpad.

Footos22

Did lightning first time using the crater. Did the blitzball trophy in 16 games. God its still super easy to win like 6-0 in the first half of a game lol.

Ive caught 10 of a lot.of fiends. Just need 3 more floating deaths to appear and then I'm.set to level the shit out of everyone. 50 hours so far. Might go finish the story before I do that though.

Vlodril

You are supposed to press the direction the words are coming from.

As per the description of the practice round which you had to hit a specific direction and press the X button.

The real deal there are no directional inputs but rather text boxes in any of the 8 directions
+ neutral on the dpad.

Ah didn't realize. Thanks for the reply.

OmegaDL50

does anyone know the exact amount of Luck Nodes needed on the grid for ideal Luck rating? it will be much easier just knowing how many i need prior to starting.

In order to have enough luck to guarantee a critical against an enemy you need to have 100 more Luck then them.

In this case the enemy with the highest luck in the game is Dark Mindy with 130 Luck, meaning you need 230.

Each Luck Sphere gives you +4 to Luck. I recall Lulu has the lowest Luck of all the characters in the game at 17

So you'll need 230 - 17 / 4 = 54 Spheres to get 230 Luck for all characters minimum, which means this guarantees a unmissable critical hit on all enemies in the game making both the Accuracy and Evasion stats irrelevant.

Provided you get a 2 Luck Spheres from Greater Sphere every time you Overkill him and no Dark Matters. That's 27 Kills at best. (Of course I'm not factoring any Luck Spheres you found during the story in treasure boxes, so less work is better, right?)

The real problem is grinding for Fortune Spheres. As you need 54 Spheres each character x 7 = 378 / 2, Means you need to Overkill Earth Eater a minimum of 189 times which is quite the chore, however you'll likely need to kill him more times because of Dark Matter drops.

Does anyone have a link to a great, mobile-friendly comprehensive walkthrough? I played through both games a decade ago, so I'm not too worried about it being potentially spoiler heavy.

I forgot how bad the chocobo race was, took me 3 hours to get below a 0.0 and that felt like extreme luck. I can't decide which is more annoying, lightning dodging or chocobo racing.

Ostinatto

inHLagDPZF44t.jpg

iBSp0bdHUexiP.gif

In order to have enough luck to guarantee a critical against an enemy you need to have 100 more Luck then them.

In this case the enemy with the highest luck in the game is Dark Mindy with 130 Luck, meaning you need 230.

Each Luck Sphere gives you +4 to Luck. I recall Lulu has the lowest Luck of all the characters in the game at 17

So you'll need 230 - 17 / 4 = 54 Spheres to get 230 Luck for all characters minimum, which means this guarantees a unmissable critical hit on all enemies in the game making both the Accuracy and Evasion stats irrelevant.

Provided you get a 2 Luck Spheres from Greater Sphere every time you Overkill him and no Dark Matters. That's 27 Kills at best. (Of course I'm not factoring any Luck Spheres you found during the story in treasure boxes, so less work is better, right?)

The real problem is grinding for Fortune Spheres. As you need 54 Spheres each character x 7 = 378 / 2, Means you need to Overkill Earth Eater a minimum of 189 times which is quite the chore, however you'll likely need to kill him more times because of Dark Matter drops.

thanks. also, holy shit, that be some grindin'

Carbonox

Finally got AP weapons for everyone. I've added Overdrive > AP to all of them and I also see that Double/Triple Overdrive is recommended too. How big of a difference does it make adding these in versus not adding them in?

After a few attempts against Don Tonberry, I get around 30-50 sphere levels for my Stoic character depending on when I flee during the battle.

OmegaDL50

Finally got AP weapons for everyone. I've added Overdrive > AP to all of them and I also see that Double/Triple Overdrive is recommended too. How big of a difference does it make adding these in versus not adding them in?

After a few attempts against Don Tonberry, I get around 30-50 sphere levels for my Stoic character depending on when I flee during the battle.

Triple Overdrive....will triple the amount of your AP gain.

So if you get 30....you then get pretty much a guaranteed 99 Sphere Levels for all three characters per Don Tonberry run,

Luigi87

Ugh, no matter how many times I go through the (Expert) Sphere Grid, I swear I've deleted and replace all Strength nodes with +4, yet Tidus still only has 243 STR.

OmegaDL50

Ugh, no matter how many times I go through the (Expert) Sphere Grid, I swear I've deleted and replace all Strength nodes with +4, yet Tidus still only has 243 STR.

The Expert Grid has like 70 or so less overall nodes compared to the Standard, the only way to get 255 Strength is to actually fill some of the Empty nodes with Strength Spheres.

Oops, I meant to say Strength not Luck...a minor edit.

Luigi87

The Expert Grid has like 70 or so less overall nodes compared to the Standard, the only way to get 255 luck is to actually fill some of the Empty nodes with Strength Spheres.

Ooh, okay. Thanks. None of the guides mentioned this, and so I finally looked up the chart to see that there are only 58/63 STR nodes on the grid... Which explains why I still have 5 Strength Spheres.

Edit: And I also was miscalculating, I forgot the 63 required nodes is based on Lulu's base stats, and that others would technically be "over" so to speak.

Diablos54

So I've literally just started X on Vita, just got to the new game screen and I just have to say, holy shit the graphics are amazing! I've seen a ton of screenshots and stuff but it really didn't do it justice. Time for a CG as well now!

Technically with 230 luck you need 59 evasion against Dark Ixion to max evasion. Having said that, you hardly need to max evasion against him to win.

Flandy

So I've literally just started X on Vita, just got to the new game screen and I just have to say, holy shit the graphics are amazing! I've seen a ton of screenshots and stuff but it really didn't do it justice. Time for a CG as well now!

That's what all us Vitamuffins have been saying. Screenshots of the Vita version really don't do it justice

Top Bottom