• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Trying the Don Tonberry trick. What am I missing? Tidus with Overdrive->AP and Stoic. Others with Comrade. Tidus attacks and gets 99999'd. Others keep reviving. Escape before you get murdered. Only Tidus gets AP even though I made sure others did something (use items).

Trying the Don Tonberry trick. What am I missing? Tidus with Overdrive->AP and Stoic. Others with Comrade. Tidus attacks and gets 99999'd. Others keep reviving. Escape before you get murdered. Only Tidus gets AP even though I made sure others did something (use items).

Use Comrade and ap weapons on them.

MSMrRound

I had my other two characters with Triple AP/Overdrive->AP weapons with comrade overdrive. Make sure to equip them with the proper items/OD set up.

Carbonox

Yup that sounds good to me.

Is it worth building them from scratch using 4 slot armors or can you can acquire armors with one of those things already locked on?

I read earlier that it's worth having a couple of ultimate armors with Ribbon on them too (can farm them from Dark Yojimbo?) for obvious reasons.

Don Tonberry trick works brilliantly.

What would you recommend is the best armour setup?
i know break hp limit is useless

auto haste
auto protect
Auto phoenix
Auto potion?

I take it the celestial weapons are the best ones to use when im not don tonberrying it.

Break HIt Point Limit is hardly "useless".

It's one of two ways to beat Penance w/out Zanmato. And it's required in several challenges that still let you use the sphere grid.

I don't know where this notion that "not necessary" = "useless" comes from.

If you refuse to use BHPL, then the only armor that can beat Penance is this(or something extremely similar):
Auto-Haste
Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect(You can replace this if you want, but it's much better to have it)
Defense +20%

Footos22

Break HIt Point Limit is hardly "useless".

It's one of two ways to beat Penance w/out Zanmato. And it's required in several challenges that still let you use the sphere grid.

I don't know where this notion that "not necessary" = "useless" comes from.

If you refuse to use BHPL, then the only armor that can beat Penance is this(or something extremely similar):
Auto-Haste
Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect(You can replace this if you want, but it's much better to have it)
Defense +20%

its disadvantages outweigh the positives ten fold. Items can only heal for a max of 9999,
4 of the celestial weapons are stronger when hp is maxed. getting your hp up when you have 99999 is a bit harder. also your overdrive bar fills up slower.

That armor loadout is the same i posted except i have auto phoenix instead of defense +20
Auto potion is pointless when you have 99999 hp and can only heal for 9999

I just got the airship and looking to get all trophies in the game. What would the best approach for me from this point? I got all primers (except one in omega ruins which I'll get soon).

Getting all sphere grids filled seems a huge grind what's the best way to do this? I'm missing tons of keys for level 3 and 4 (standard sphere grid).

What's a good order to do everything from this point?

I'm at your spot now but I stopped sidequesting to beat the story, since my party was getting pretty broken.

Here's my plan afterwards. Might be wrong somewhere.

Unlocking Don Tonberry and whichever monster unlock that gives you 99 Doors to Tomorrow. Do the AP Trick, get strong with easy levels. Grab a Celestial, beat Kottos for spheres then get stronger. Capture a Mimic to farm for gil. Grind more sidequests.

Holmes

Question for Episode Complete in Djose: do I have to defeat the Experiment 5 times (with the final time being at its highest level), or just defeat it at its highest level, regardless or how many times I've faced it?

So as far as trying to platinum ffx hd goes the only thing I really need to worry about during my run is not missing the 4 missable primers, right? I kinda just want to replay the game leisurely and then do my platinum run at the end and I wouldn't want to miss anything that wouls prevent that from being possible.

Holmes

You have to face it twice, once before it is at the highest level, and once at the highest level.
Cool beans. I'll do it once for Annihilator, and then level it up to its maximum and destroy it.
So as far as trying to platinum ffx hd goes the only thing I really need to worry about during my run is not missing the 4 missable primers, right? I kinda just want to replay the game leisurely and then do my platinum run at the end and I wouldn't want to miss anything that wouls prevent that from being possible.
Yeah, just don't miss the primers at Home and Bevelle, and you're fine. You can do everything at your own pace.

make sure you get the the Sun Crest after beating
Yunalesca
. i forgot and had to use Yojimbo to cheese D.Bahamut. amazingly he did Zanmato on his first move, on the very fist summoning.

redhairedking

I have yet to pick up the game, but gamestop has it marked down 25% so I'm thinking about picking it up later today. Is there a general consensus as to which version is better?

Saphirax

I'm at your spot now but I stopped sidequesting to beat the story, since my party was getting pretty broken.

Here's my plan afterwards. Might be wrong somewhere.

Unlocking Don Tonberry and whichever monster unlock that gives you 99 Doors to Tomorrow. Do the AP Trick, get strong with easy levels. Grab a Celestial, beat Kottos for spheres then get stronger. Capture a Mimic to farm for gil. Grind more sidequests.

You can't capture Mimics.

XJF

Ugh, Black Elemental decided to just use Ultima on me right out of the gate. Damn.

The was my first death in Via Infinico too

My first and only death so far has been to the final boss in the Den of Woe. I got a little cocky toward the end lol

I've never had a problem with Black Elemental. I've always had one girl in Dark Knight with Adamantite on, then another girl as Dark Knight with over 5000HP use Charon. Instant win

Roto13

So way back in Chapter 1, I walked from Mushroom Rock Road to the Moonflow and helped the Hypello protect his wagon.

I an reading now that, because I didn't drop into the Moonflow from the airship and talk to Tobli first, I can't get Episode Complete here all the way in fucking Chapter 5.

And suddenly, the whole fucking experience is completely soured. Fuck this shitty game.

XJF

So way back in Chapter 1, I walked from Mushroom Rock Road to the Moonflow and helped the Hypello protect his wagon.

I an reading now that, because I didn't drop into the Moonflow from the airship and talk to Tobli first, I can't get Episode Complete here all the way in fucking Chapter 5.

And suddenly, the whole fucking experience is completely soured. Fuck this shitty game.

I thought I read in one of the guides that you're suppose to ALWAYS enter a new area via airship. That's terrible though. Not sure I'd go through all this shit again

Holmes

My first and only death so far has been to the final boss in the Den of Woe. I got a little cocky toward the end lol

I've never had a problem with Black Elemental. I've always had one girl in Dark Knight with Adamantite on, then another girl as Dark Knight with over 5000HP use Charon. Instant win
Yeah, I just had all the girls as Gunners and use Table-Turner on it. About 6k damage each hit. Stupid thing.

Are you sure you can't get Episode Complete? I thought you just missed out on a few percentage.

Roto13

Yeah, I just had all the girls as Gunners and use Table-Turner on it. About 6k damage each hit. Stupid thing.

Are you sure you can't get Episode Complete? I thought you just missed out on a few percentage.

0.2%. One fifth of a fucking percentage point. And that's enough to make Tobli not ask me to play with his shitty elevator music band.

XJF

Since they nerfed Cat Nip I've been neglecting my gunner class. May have to level it up seeing as how that seems to be the easiest way to get the 99-Chain trophy

Steroyd

OMG why does the lightning dodge and chocobo races seem harder than when I remember them, I want to throw my controller at something, but than I remember it's my god damn Vita, fuck the no cross buy bullshit, switching to PS3 would have been perfect for this moment.

XJF

OMG why does the lightning dodge and chocobo races seem harder than when I remember them, I want to throw my controller at something, but than I remember it's my god damn Vita, fuck the no cross buy bullshit, switching to PS3 would have been perfect for this moment.

The Lightning Dodging it super easy if you use the crate method that's been outlined in this thread many times. Both Chocobo races did cause me more than their fair share of problems..

The Lightning Dodging it super easy if you use the crate method that's been outlined in this thread many times. Both Chocobo races did cause me more than their fair share of problems..

It definitely is easier. I fucked up after 50 dodges last night and was kind of pissed off so I went to bed. But it went from being impossible to not that bad, if nothing else. Note that you have to run all the way back to the tower after each hit though. Otherwise sometimes you won't get a lightning bolt next time you go into the crater, and it really fucks up the rhythm.

XJF

It definitely is easier. I fucked up after 50 dodges last night and was kind of pissed off so I went to bed. But it went from being impossible to not that bad, if nothing else. Note that you have to run all the way back to the tower after each hit though. Otherwise sometimes you won't get a lightning bolt next time you go into the crater, and it really fucks up the rhythm.

Back to the tower? How did you approach the crater? From the top or bottom? I did it from the bottom and it only took like 4 seconds per strike

Back to the tower? How did you approach the crater? From the top or bottom? I did it from the bottom and it only took like 4 seconds per strike

From the bottom. I'm referring to the tower that's only a few steps away and to the left. Sometimes I would approach the crater, take a few steps back, approach it again and not get another lightning strike. I corrected this by each time I get hit, run a few extra steps so that I was touching the tower on the left, then go into the crater again. It's still very fast, ~5 seconds per strike.

Roto13

Since the bullshit from chapter 1 fucked me out of getting all episodes complete, I'm trying to get the Mascot dressphere from the tournament.

Except the piece of shit just froze. I don't remember when I saved last. Ugh. I hate this game so much now.

XJF

From the bottom. I'm referring to the tower that's only a few steps away and to the left. Sometimes I would approach the crater, take a few steps back, approach it again and not get another lightning strike. I corrected this by each time I get hit, run a few extra steps so that I was touching the tower on the left, then go into the crater again. It's still very fast, ~5 seconds per strike.
Ah, ok. I gotcha. It's been a few weeks since I did the Lightning. Got confused for a moment. lol

Since the bullshit from chapter 1 fucked me out of getting all episodes complete, I'm trying to get the Mascot dressphere from the tournament.

Except the piece of shit just froze. I don't remember when I saved last. Ugh. I hate this game so much now.

Since when was there another way to acquire the Mascot dressphere?

OmegaDL50

Current progress in Final Fantasy X-2

Just completed Chapter 1 with 25.2% in terms of completion. which according to the 100% checklist guide is spot on.

I'm taking my time with the game to make sure I don't miss anything, which explains why I have 20 hours on the clock and not even started Chapter 2 yet.

Roto13

Ah, ok. I gotcha. It's been a few weeks since I did the Lightning. Got confused for a moment. lol

Since when was there another way to acquire the Mascot dressphere?

Since the International version, apparently. Beat the Youth League tournament. Which means beating Grand Cup: Hard 6 times. Which means beating Grand Cup 3 times. Which means beating STandard Cup: Hard 1 time. Which means beating Standard Cup 3 times.

Wonder how much of that I have to redo.

XJF

Since the International version, apparently. Beat the Youth League tournament. Which means beating Grand Cup: Hard 6 times. Which means beating Grand Cup 3 times. Which means beating STandard Cup: Hard 1 time. Which means beating Standard Cup 3 times.

Oh... Well fuck that lol If you're going for platinum you have to replay for 100% anyway. May be quicker to just do that

EDIT: actually, if you give the sphere to the other side this time you may get 100% then. But I'm not sure if the trophy will pop upon getting 100% or if you have to reach chapter 5 again. I've heard both ways over on PlayStationTrophies

As someone who hasn't touched FX-2 international yet, I can't really say how tough the above is, but it is nice that the game gives you an alternative for the Mascot class if you mess up the Episode Completes.

Holmes

That's not so bad at all. In fact, it's much easier than the conventional way.

Roto13

As someone who hasn't touched FX-2 international yet, I can't really say how tough the above is, but it is nice that the game gives you an alternative for the Mascot class if you mess up the Episode Completes.

Grand Cup Hard seems to get harder each time you beat it, adding more powerful monsters.

Turns out I lost an hour of progress when my Vita froze. Ugh.

Past

What the hell, I went to fight Omega Weapon to get the Nova overdrive, but I ended up killing him in less than a minute. He didn't even have the chance to hit me! I was expecting to die and only went to fight him for the trophy lol. Is he that easy?

Saphirax

What the hell, I went to fight Omega Weapon to get the Nova overdrive, but I ended up killing him in less than a minute. He didn't even have the chance to hit me! I was expecting to die and only went to fight him for the trophy lol. Is he that easy?

Yep...I was expecting the same thing, even summoned Yojimbo. He barely hit for 4k max.

OmegaDL50

In the International version he has 999,999 HP.

I believe that was what he was originally intended to have as the Weapon bosses are known for their very HP and posing somewhat of a challenge in the post game.

In the original NA release, he only had 99,999 HP. I still think to this day when the guy was punching in the numbers for stat values forgot that additional 9 and it wasn't corrected until the International release.

ubercheez

I've decided to go ahead and beat the final boss before I really get into grinding levels and items in the arena. I'm still breezing through Sin pretty easily, but I'd like there to be at least a little element of danger. Yuna's doing the heavy lifting with 1mp doublecasted Flares and Tidus cleaning up with a capture weapon. Rikku snagging loot with Master Thief.

Top Bottom