• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

So I've literally just started X on Vita, just got to the new game screen and I just have to say, holy shit the graphics are amazing! I've seen a ton of screenshots and stuff but it really didn't do it justice. Time for a CG as well now!

Yeah it blew me away the first time I started it up too. It doesn't hurt that the game is super colorful, which is always a plus on the Vita's screen

Diablos54

Yeah, that's true haha. The screenshots look totally washed out and not very detailed, but on the vita they are so incredibly vibrant
Exactly! And with the new textures and what not it ends up looking fantastic.
I hate the battle number font though... That's not the same one is it?

AmanoBuff

Nope. Going to platinum X before I move onto X-2. Why are you asking me specifically? lol

Oh I see. I've done about 70% of the trophies, so I think I'll start FFX-2 next week while working on FFX platinum from now and then.

I ask you mostly because you are a Vitabro :) and also because your opinions on FFX are very similar to mine. Cheers!

Exactly! And with the new textures and what not it ends up looking fantastic.
I hate the battle number font though... That's not the same one is it?

Do you mean the damage numbers that pop up when you hit an enemy? Yeah, I think they are different from the original; a less stylized font perhaps. I don't really mind too much though as I think the UI is incredibly crisp and minimal, and looks very nice.

Diablos54

19 through 22.
Ahhh thanks, nothing early so I'll get a list of them later.

Do you mean the damage numbers that pop up when you hit an enemy? Yeah, I think they are different from the original; a less stylized font perhaps. I don't really mind too much though as I think the UI is incredibly crisp and minimal, and looks very nice.
Apart from the numbers I completely agree, looks great, and the new (?) portraits look perfect.

Finally heard the battle music, pretty much the same thank god, just a electric guitar underneath I think?

And I heard something about backtracking from
that big blob boss
all the way back!?

XJF

Oversouling monsters like Worms is such a pain. One at a time, somewhat rare, requires 24 kills. Bleh

I'm just gonna run through the VI with a Lure Bangle on and just hope I get them all lol Going to be super time-consuming, but whatever.

Flandy

Oh I see. I've done about 70% of the trophies, so I think I'll start FFX-2 next week while working on FFX platinum from now and then.

I ask you mostly because you are a Vitabro :) and also because your opinions on FFX are very similar to mine. Cheers!

My trophy percentage is in the 60s. It's like 65 or 67. Can't remember
What have I said about FFX that you agree with? I've made a lot of posts in this thread :p

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
so how do I appraoch X-2 if I don't want to use a guide but want to see as much as possible on my first playthrough (no need for 100%, will use a guide for this). should I just go through every location (not only hotspots) on the list for each of the chapters?

Make sure you sleep once per chapter at the cabin. Forgot what this was for but I think it adds percentages. Try to explore everywhere since you might find new events and treasure every chapter.

Luigi87

Well, I think I've said screw min-maxing... Way too annoying.
So instead I've been clearing the original creations with Attack Reels spam (+Entrust), and Zanmato.

Levyne

Banned
Down to ten more enemies to oversoul for Shinra's bestiary in X-2. Easily the grindiest of the trophies in the game, outside of % paranoia.

Falk

that puzzling face
Invite entire world to a concert. Sing one song.

Also, yikes. Her teeth scare me.

ibx9ymkTgbR81K.jpg

I wanted to screenshot this scene too. Bahahaha.

Just beat FFX. I played it a long time ago but never finished it. This time I avoided walkthroughs until some stuff at the very end. Absolutely loved the game. I mean, it definitely has some issues and it's not my favourite FF but I had an awesome time playing it. Wholy recommended.

I probably won't start FFX-2 for a while yet though.

Korezo

I can't kill Nemesis, and I'm tired of grinding. I think I need more speed but I can't farm fenrir he has too much evasion.

ramyeon

Just beat Shinra at Sphere Break on my first go, never played it before the tournament heh. Guess I was lucky since he never used a 1 core and I was able to have an unbroken string of echo combos using 2 coins.

Acid08

Banned
Third time's a charm?

Question about Tidus' sphere grid path: I want to take him to Wakka's grid but the starting sphere takes me the opposite direction if I'm just following it ahead. There's a level 1 lock at the beginning of that sphere down to Kimahri's sphere that leads directly to Wakka. So should I just double back and head that way? Or take the route around that looks like it'll take me around Yuna's grid.

ramyeon

Alrighty, 50% completion on FFX-2. So far, so good. I'm guessing it gets a lot more frustrating to keep on top of the % in later chapters? Hasn't been bad at all so far.

Carbonox

I think what I will do when I get back to the game is level up all my characters to the point where they have the majority - if not all - of the sphere grid to navigate (and all spheres that can be unlocked, be unlocked) and then start farming +4 spheres. That way further levelling up gives me more paths to use in one go without needing one level per path.

I'll probably stlil just try and Zanmato my way through the Dark Aeons, Penance and Nemesis though, hah. Well, I'll probably kill the first half of the Dark Aeons with my party actually as they're not bad with a good group of characters. Valefor especially.

can i do post game effectively without Titus?
whoever made this minigame needs to be fired
they were probably drunk if they though this was a good idea

can i do post game effectively without Titus?
whoever made this minigame needs to be fired
they were probably drunk if they though this was a good idea

All I can say, is stick to the right as much as possible. If you can get an early lead, and stick to the right you'll encounter a lot fewer birds. If you get stuck racing neck and neck with the trainer, you have no chance.

AmanoBuff

My trophy percentage is in the 60s. It's like 65 or 67. Can't remember
What have I said about FFX that you agree with? I've made a lot of posts in this thread :p

Mostly your posts on how the game looks and plays, which is why I wanted you opinion on X-2.

Fuuuuuck, forgot the Destruction Sphere in Besaid... When can I go back?

Go back right after
you defeat Spherimorph and unlock all the Jecht Spheres.
If you do it later in the story you'll have to fight Dark Valefor on Besaid. Believe me, it's no fun unless you are way overpowered.

You can also check for Valefor's second overdrive while you are on Besaid as well.

Flandy

Mostly your posts on how the game looks and plays, which is why I wanted you opinion on X-2.

Go back right after
you defeat Spherimorph and unlock all the Jecht Spheres.
If you do it later in the story you'll have to fight Dark Valefor on Besaid. Believe me, it's no fun unless you are way overpowered.

You can also check for Valefor's second overdrive while you are on Besaid as well.

What have I said? :p

You sure about that? I know you can backtrack all the way to Besaid because I did that to get the Jecht Sphere and an Al Bhed Primer I missed but I don't think you can enter the temple if you backtrack at that point

ramyeon

You can't enter the temple at that point if you backtrack. If you forgot the sphere I suggest not backtracking at all until you get the airship, since you're going to have to deal with Dark Valefor now regardless you may as well leave it all 'till then.

OMG Praise the Sun Praise Jesus Praise everything
I FUCKIN DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goodnight people tomorrow is lightning maybe(since Yuna is a better mage than Lulu)

Didn't have much joy with Thunder Plains last night. I don't think I have the patience for it this time. There is one spot you can just stand there and it'll do one bolt, then another a second later. But sometimes, just sometimes that "second later" is off by a bit!!

Caught 10 Tonberries, however which took me much less time than ten years ago, so that's a bit of a relief there.

ramyeon

Didn't have much joy with Thunder Plains last night. I don't think I have the patience for it this time. There is one spot you can just stand there and it'll do one bolt, then another a second later. But sometimes, just sometimes that "second later" is off by a bit!!

Caught 10 Tonberries, however which took me much less time than ten years ago, so that's a bit of a relief there.
There are two ways to utilise that spot, and that's the worst way by far :p the better option is to use the left hand side of the ditch and run into it to force one bolt, then run in a circle towards the tower to "reset" it and go back to force another. Much, much easier and detailed in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNjKL7aZY4E

Footos22

Don Tonberry trick works brilliantly.

What would you recommend is the best armour setup?
i know break hp limit is useless

auto haste
auto protect
Auto phoenix
Auto potion?

I take it the celestial weapons are the best ones to use when im not don tonberrying it.

Footos22

There are two ways to utilise that spot, and that's the worst way by far :p the better option is to use the left hand side of the ditch and run into it to force one bolt, then run in a circle towards the tower to "reset" it and go back to force another. Much, much easier and detailed in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNjKL7aZY4E

Thats what i did, i only knew the location of the ditch
run from tower, run back in, straight back to tower straight back in. didnt take long.

Double post oops

Don Tonberry trick works brilliantly.

What would you recommend is the best armour setup?
i know break hp limit is useless

auto haste
auto protect
Auto phoenix
Auto potion?

I take it the celestial weapons are the best ones to use when im not don tonberrying it.
Yup that sounds good to me.

Son Of D

Tonberry and Protean Gel make a great team in X-2. Their high strength and defences used with Darkness and Vigor can withstand a lot of damage and dish it out. A bit slow on some battles, but it's effective.

Top Bottom