• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shahed

My all time favorite battle system is Jobs, and this is basically an addition to that so thats why I enjoy it. I hate being restricted on who can do what in my party.

I like job changing, but not necessarily the outfit aspect. My problem with the costume changing is really that it looks so stupid, and the costumes are awful. In Lightning Returns I was happy moving between her XIII and XIII-2 outfits (also Cloud's to an extent). But every other outfit looked stupid and I hated that part. If anything, the costumes in FFX-2 were worse, never mind the animations. Yes the animations could be cut, but only after watching that transition once. Going from Gunner to Berserker would have an animation once, that wouldn't repeat. But if I went from Lady Luck to Berserker, or Dark Knight to Gunner, I'd see it again.

raven777

Let us continue the FFX/X-2 HYPE

FFX/X-2 art director Yusuke Naora created this piece at Gallery Nucleus today

Bi0N-GRCUAAENN1.jpg

so we won't get this art on the internet??

I really want to use this as my wallpaper...

Bladenic

I like job changing, but not necessarily the outfit aspect. My problem with the costume changing is really that it looks so stupid, and the costumes are awful. In Lightning Returns I was happy moving between her XIII and XIII-2 outfits (also Cloud's to an extent). But every other outfit looked stupid and I hated that part. If anything, the costumes in FFX-2 were worse, never mind the animations. Yes the animations could be cut, but only after watching that transition once. Going from Gunner to Berserker would have an animation once, that wouldn't repeat. But if I went from Lady Luck to Berserker, or Dark Knight to Gunner, I'd see it again.

I liked all the dresspheres, even if they were pretty sexualized and revealing in some cases (some more extreme than others).

Well, perhaps useless is a strong word; I just want the new guide since it has both games in one. You don't have to keep trading books for X/X-2.

I want the new guide too but I don't want to spend the money. Speaking of money, I was really let down by the Tales of Symphonia HD release. I hope SE has put more effort into this then Namco Bandai did with ToS HD.

Levyne

Banned
I want the new guide too but I don't want to spend the money. Speaking of money, I was really let down by the Tales of Symphonia HD release. I hope SE has put more effort into this then they did with ToS HD.

I wouldn't be worried (not saying you are).

ToS HD was a non-effort, basically.

I wouldn't be worried (not saying you are).

ToS HD was a non-effort, basically.

All these years I thought ToS was a better game to Vesperia. The HD release cleared that up for me.

Yeah, I am not too worried, SE really put alot of time into this. I kinda wish they had left the soundtrack alone but maybe it will grow on me. Patiently waiting until Tuesday and hoping they aren't two days late for the update again. I already put my $40 into my PSN wallet so whichever version I choose, I will be at the mercy of the PS Store.

I want the new guide too but I don't want to spend the money. Speaking of money, I was really let down by the Tales of Symphonia HD release. I hope SE has put more effort into this then Namco Bandai did with ToS HD.

Thanks for the heads up so I don't have to buy it.

Can't wait for some BLITZBALL!

OmegaDL50

Seems to be largely similar with the addition of the international stuff.

Some enemies have gotten revised stats and some treasures have been updated to coincide changes with the new abilities on equipment. While things like maps and locations haven't been changed which the strategy guide is useful in that regard. It won't account for the new items, bosses, and of course things like the expert sphere grid, Last mission or FFX-2's monster breeding (recruitable NPCs and monster helpers, etc)

There is substantial changes to make using an International guide over the original meaningful.

Moosehole

Does anyone know what "size" means? It's in the remaster menu under the character levels, but it's not in the original menu, and I don't remember it being in the game. Admittedly, it's been a while since I played X-2, so maybe I've just forgotten.
Its for monster training. All characters are classified as small medium or large. You can take 3 small, 1 medium and 1 small, or 1 large character into battle.

Apathy

I liked all the dresspheres, even if they were pretty sexualized and revealing in some cases (some more extreme than others).

Darn that sexy Mascot sphere, come on, cover them up lol. It's been a while but yeah, IIRC I would use most of the spheres, I've always had a dislike for berserkers though

Cheddahz

Banned
Same here, went to GameStop and pre-ordered on Friday. Tuesday will be in the middle of Spring Break and I'm not going anywhere b/c of papers I have to write, so playing some FFX before crashing each night is going to be relaxing as hell. Looking forward to it.

Nice. Sadly, I start back up this week and I have a art show as well, so I doubt I'll have time to play till this weekend, but I'm still excited to have the limited edition show up at my house Tuesday

Its for monster training. All characters are classified as small medium or large. You can take 3 small, 1 medium and 1 small, or 1 large character into battle.

Oh, ok. I'd heard that monster training was one of the additions to the international edition, but I hadn't really looked into it, mostly because I'm much more excited about the additions to X than X-2. That said, I do plan to play both, so I'll have to give this a try.

So, this is my first time playing the International version. Can someone explain to me what the Expert Sphere Grid is? Is it just the same thing as the regular Sphere Grid but with freedom to develop your characters as you please? Any other advantages or disadvantages?

Jeels

I am currently rocking this as my main Vita background. It's for all the stuff I use frequently. Followed by the other console apps in image two. I thought I'd do something different for this X/X-2 release.

Current Main Page said:
Secondary Page said:

So made these. They are theaterythm related, but I wanted something sort of "stock" FF for any future Vita games. If anyone else wants to use em, here you are!

FF BG1 said:
FF BG2 said:

If anyone needs a ff vita background made in anticipation of this game please let me know! :D

Hmmm I'm getting this on PSV but I never played FFX-2 before and I really don't want to delete everything on my memory card to fit it. Maybe I'll double dip on a PS3 version after I beat X again.

t26

Seems to be largely similar with the addition of the international stuff.

Well the combo guide is 304 pages, while the FFX guide is already 272 pages. They fit everything in the same way Metroid Prime Trilogy guide fit in 3 guides of information?

Pollux

Nice. Sadly, I start back up this week and I have a art show as well, so I doubt I'll have time to play till this weekend, but I'm still excited to have the limited edition show up at my house Tuesday

Funny how that works isn't it - whenever something anyones looking forward to comes around real life crap gets in the way haha

I'll be resubscribing to FF XIV in August once real life lightens up a bit, so hopefully between FFX/X-2 and Titanfall I have enough to keep me busy. It's gonna be rough not buying all the good games that come out between now and then and waiting to pick them up in August.

Good luck in the art show.

inner-G

Banned
Hmmm I'm getting this on PSV but I never played FFX-2 before and I really don't want to delete everything on my memory card to fit it. Maybe I'll double dip on a PS3 version after I beat X again.
You're doing it backwards!

X has the more drastic graphical reworking, it would be the better of the two games to play on the big screen, imo.

mstevens

Question for those FFX experts. (I beat the game when I was younger but I don't remember much about it)

Is this platinum going to be difficult from a skill level perspective, or could just about anyone get it if they grind enough / spend enough time? I remember there being a pretty difficult Chocobo part, and I can't remember how much twitch skill involved in winning Blitz ball.

Cheddahz

Banned
Question for those FFX experts. (I beat the game when I was younger but I don't remember much about it)

Is this platinum going to be difficult from a skill level perspective, or could just about anyone get it if they grind enough / spend enough time? I remember there being a pretty difficult Chocobo part, and I can't remember how much twitch skill involved in winning Blitz ball.

There's a trophy for dodging a bunch of lightning bolts

Shahed

Nothing particularly hard. Just a monumental grind. I'm not going for platinum for that reason

At least there isn't one for catching the blue butterflies, at least I didn't see that trophy listed. I hated doing that.

Getting all Celestial Weapons? You'll need it for Khimari's.

OmegaDL50

One of the Trophies requires you beat the hardest possible boss that was only in the International edition of the game. To platinum FFX, I'd go so far to say you'll need to do "everything" in terms of content because just getting strong enough to beat this one boss is a very time consuming challenge in-of itself.

Shahed

Like completing the entire sphere grid. lol
Completing the Sphere Grid is actually not that hard or time consuming. It's getting all the various stats spheres to fill in tbe empty nodes, and replacing lesser stats like the +1, 2 or 3's. That and catching 10 of each monster are where the grinds are. The battles themselves and the minigames are fine

RPGCrazied

The Celestial Weapons thing is probably the main reason I won't be able to plat the game. Fuck Blitzball and Chocobo Racing.

Yeah. I can do the chocobo wobble balloon race, but its the lightning dodging that makes me rage, and blitzball. I just don't like playing it that much. :/ It controls kinda awkward too.

SeZMehK

Since I am in no rush to get the game today, I just put an order in on amazon. I know of a store that is selling it today in my area.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Delivery date has been updated to March 18th by Amazon!!

FUCK YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom