• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

can't believe this took so long to come out. what was it.. 3 years? gawd.

i'm so glad though, finally get to play it again.

i've platinum'd the last 2 RPGs ive had (Lightning returns, south park) so looking forward to this.

Question for those FFX experts. (I beat the game when I was younger but I don't remember much about it)

Is this platinum going to be difficult from a skill level perspective, or could just about anyone get it if they grind enough / spend enough time? I remember there being a pretty difficult Chocobo part, and I can't remember how much twitch skill involved in winning Blitz ball.

chocobo race, and dodgeing lightning are about the only two things that are skill based IMO. everything else you can do by grinding stats and using certain strategies. Plat will probably take around 100-120 hours.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I was thinking of getting the guide for this (the X/X-2 HD guide).

This should include the International versions content right?

So I have an essay due on Tuesday and a Midterm on Wednesday. Why couldn't that have been last week or next week? ;__;

That's actually not too bad. By Wednesday afternoon you'll be done and ready to play. If they were due on friday or something you would have to focus on your work all week.

sensui-tomo

You don't have the PSP versions? That's pretty crap to not have those on PSN. I don't think I could have played the PSX versions either

yeah, for some odd reason the usa psn doesnt have those 2 ports, but oddly enough we have both versions of ff tactics :/. seriously SE should just release them its not going to lose them any money right?

I was thinking of getting the guide for this (the X/X-2 HD guide).

This should include the International versions content right?
yes it should otherwise it'd be a bad guide considering its for the HD version.

bobawesome

I finally decided to buckle down and preorder the game. This will be the first 3D Final Fantasy I've played since IX so I'm looking forward to see what all the hype is about.

OmegaDL50

Why? The PS1 versions of 1 and 2 in Origins are the best versions of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II.

The PSP re-releases have the same visual improvements of the PSX release, but contains all of the additional content and balancing fixes that the GBA version had, so in a sense it edges out over Origins.

So has anyone else who ordered the CE from the SE store still not gotten charged or gotten a shipping confirmation of any kind? I paid for the quickest shipping option and ordered it the day it went up for order and i'm starting to get more irritated as the days go by that I don't have any kind of confirmation or anything let alone have them charge me when the game is supposed to arrive on Tuesday.

I keep telling myself I am done with the shit show that is digital river but they keep getting exclusive CE stuff I can't allow myself to pass up on due to my obsessive need to keep my collections complete. I really wish companies would stop hiring them to handle there shipping.

Bucca

I remember I played the original on the PS2 but ended up basically rage-quitting forever at the boss battle at the top of Gagazet.
Seymour I think?

Hoping I have the resolve to play through all of it again and push past that.

B.K.

The PSP re-releases have the same visual improvements of the PSX release, but contains all of the additional content and balancing fixes that the GBA version had, so in a sense it edges out over Origins.

I prefer the original gameplay of the Origins versions. The GBA and PSP games are easy mode versions of both games. They're Final Fantasy for beginners.

pariah164

I know I posted this before, but seeing all these people with early copies, I felt it necessary to post again:

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm in Central Florida (Orange County), btw and have a confirmed delivery of March 18th.

Jomjom

Banned
Finally made it to the gallery at like 8PM. They were wrapping things up, but it was still nice to take part in the festivities. I also snagged the CE edition of the game. (Without having to deal with Digital Rivers!)

There was a big wall where you can vote for your favorite scene.

I voted for the Laughing Scene. How could I resist if they put up as a viable answer?!

Also ran into some cosplayers who were nice enough to pose for pics:

Ng0WcUw.jpg

XBAtufQ.jpg

At the end, there was a bit where two of the producers (I think) were talking about how moved they were by fan response for the game and wanted to share the fans' passion with their colleagues in Japan so they turned around with their backs to the audience, whipped out their phones and took epic selfies as they back up as close to the fans as they can. It was sweet.
Hey! The rikku is my friend!

Flandy

Random question. Spoilers I guess:
I was looking at the Final Fantasy wiki and that there had only been like 5 or 6 high summoners. That also means that there's also only been a few Calms. I was wondering how long a Calm typically lasts since only 5 or 6 calms in a 1000 years seems like very little. When I first played the game I thought the Calm only lasted like a decade or so but that doesn't seem right when I look at how many High Summoners there have been

wmlk

So conflicted, and now there is no way for me to get the LE for cheap since pre-orders are done.

Would you guys recommend someone to play the game even if the person knew about the ending? That stupid YouTube autosearch...

pariah164

Random question. Spoilers I guess:
I was looking at the Final Fantasy wiki and that there had only been like 5 or 6 high summoners. That also means that there's also only been a few Calms. I was wondering how long a Calm typically lasts since only 5 or 6 calms in a 1000 years seems like very little. When I first played the game I thought the Calm only lasted like a decade or so but that doesn't seem right when I look at how many High Summoners there have been
No specific time for each Calm is given, IIRC.

bobawesome

....from his comment, the last 3D Final Fantasy he played was IX (he skipped X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, and XIII-3)

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. I didn't think I was being vague in my initial post. Or maybe robotzombie was making a comment about the supposed decline of the series.

Flandy

No specific time for each Calm is given, IIRC.

Did some research after I made that post. Here's what I found.
Braska defeated Sin and started a calm 10 years before the main game. Obviously by the start of the main game the calm had ended. We can assume calms then typically last for less than 10 years. I'm going to assume Calms then typically last for a few months since Lulu had been on one or two other Pilgrimages before the main game started. Seems way to short though. Maybe even after the Calm ends and Sin comes back it doesn't immediately fuck shit up. Jecht had some level of control of Sin afterall so maybe the final aeon is able to hold sin back for a few years.

I think Sin just doesn't come up fucking shit up every 2 seconds. He's there so there's always a fear of him popping up. The calm gives people 10 years of not having to worry about Sin popping up ever. Then you have all the summoners who try to finish their pilgrimage, but seemingly most of them fail.

Bucca

I know this has most likely been asked and answered before, but does this output native 1080p? Or is it upscaled to 1080p?

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 was upscaled right?

Top Bottom