• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

It definitely is easier. I fucked up after 50 dodges last night and was kind of pissed off so I went to bed. But it went from being impossible to not that bad, if nothing else. Note that you have to run all the way back to the tower after each hit though. Otherwise sometimes you won't get a lightning bolt next time you go into the crater, and it really fucks up the rhythm.

There's actually two black....erm, circle shapes, for lack of a better term, on the ground texture right next to that crater. You only have to go beyond the both of them. It's about halfway to the tower, but if you keep an eye on that you can cut down the walking traversal time by about half if you only go to that point and back.

Ourobolus

Banned
I've decided to go ahead and beat the final boss before I really get into grinding levels and items in the arena. I'm still breezing through Sin pretty easily, but I'd like there to be at least a little element of danger. Yuna's doing the heavy lifting with 1mp doublecasted Flares and Tidus cleaning up with a capture weapon. Rikku snagging loot with Master Thief.

I made a save at the final save sphere. I'll go back and fight the final boss later, but now I'm grinding on a separate save. I'm worried if I finish the game I'll want to just stop and not do the side stuff.

I've beaten the original, but want to do everything this time since there's "New" stuff.

XJF

Alchemist with Items LV2 is where it's at for catching Chocobos, and for healing when mobs decide to snatch up all your MP!

Carbonox

My minutes and hours are now spent doing the following on repeat:

1. Fight Kottos over and over until I get 99 of the 4 spheres I can get.
2. Fight Don Tonberry to get 99 sphere levels
3. Level up
4. Repeat

fml

Haven't even started fighting other monster creations to obtain the valuable spheres like strength, defence, etc. I'm leaving that until I've had every character access most of the paths on their respective grids cos that will make navigating quicker (1 sphere level = 5 paths I think when backtracking on already navigated paths) for when I do fill out the blank spheres on the grid.

I'm probably doing this backwards but fuck it. :lol

XJF

My minutes and hours are now spent doing the following on repeat:

1. Fight Kottos over and over until I get 99 of the 4 spheres I can get.
2. Fight Don Tonberry to get 99 sphere levels
3. Level up
4. Repeat

fml

Haven't even started fighting other monster creations to obtain the valuable spheres like strength, defence, etc. I'm leaving that until I've had every character access most of the paths on their respective grids cos that will make navigating quicker (1 sphere level = 5 paths I think when backtracking on already navigated paths) for when I do fill out the blank spheres on the grid.

I'm probably doing this backwards but fuck it. :lol
That's what I did with my main 3, and had them go back and fill out the grid. Then had the other 4 complete the grid after.

Pretty sure 1=4 spots when backtracking.

ubercheez

I made a save at the final save sphere. I'll go back and fight the final boss later, but now I'm grinding on a separate save. I'm worried if I finish the game I'll want to just stop and not do the side stuff.

I've beaten the original, but want to do everything this time since there's "New" stuff.

Yeah, that happened to me on my previous PS2 playthrough. I didn't realize I was going past the point of no return, beat the game, and just decided to move on to X-2 after that. Keeping a pre-grind save at the final save sphere is a pretty good idea. I might do that.

Cornbread78

OMG why does the lightning dodge and chocobo races seem harder than when I remember them, I want to throw my controller at something, but than I remember it's my god damn Vita, fuck the no cross buy bullshit, switching to PS3 would have been perfect for this moment.

uggh, tryin gto do the Chocobo race now, I can't get out of the 30 sec. times.... AARRGGHH

Holmes

Alchemist with Items LV2 is where it's at for catching Chocobos, and for healing when mobs decide to snatch up all your MP!
Just Alchemist in general. Giver her Auto-Haste and mix a Final Wall, then a Mega Cocktail, then just continuously heal with Mega-Potions from the stash. And when you have Dark Matter, mixing a Miracle Drink will make everyone literally invincible.

XJF

Just Alchemist in general. Giver her Auto-Haste and mix a Final Wall, then a Mega Cocktail, then just continuously heal with Mega-Potions from the stash. And when you have Dark Matter, mixing a Miracle Drink will make everyone literally invincible.

Forgot about those! All the buffs plus double HP and MP!
Doesn't excellence (PSYCHICH) make you invincible as well? Nullifies Physical and magical attacks. Never used it.

EDIT: Fucking Motherfuck yea! just got my 4th Bold Chocobo with a max of lvl 5. Took 5 goddamn hours.

Finally got mascot. I was determined to complete every episode on the first playthrough. I've missed a crimson sphere though which is annoying. I've got Via Infinito to do now and then a few minor bits before I finish the game and start my 2nd playthrough and get my 100%.

Atlantis

Stash Mega-Potions are actually pretty shitty, if you're not mixing or using actual items, just switch classes.

The game isn't hard enough for this to matter though.

got the lighting dodger trophy
now the only pain in the ass left is Khimari butterflies
ill cheese Blitz though

Kimahri butterflies is honestly really easy. Have you seen the map I posted a few pages back? It's literally the first post on the page, so very easy to find if you scroll back through a few days' worth of posts.

DPtheGod

Gaf, I have captured 10 of all monsters in the Calm Lands and Macalania, and am thinking of just finishing the rest later when I have the ship. I didnt go back to the arena at all when I started capturing Macalania, will I miss out on any rewards?

Also, is there a good place to farm Lv3 key spheres? I need about 8 right now :(

Balphon

Gaf, I have captured 10 of all monsters in the Calm Lands and Macalania, and am thinking of just finishing the rest later when I have the ship. I didnt go back to the arena at all when I started capturing Macalania, will I miss out on any rewards?

Also, is there a good place to farm Lv3 key spheres? I need about 8 right now :(

Capturing a Machea and killing it over and over at the Monster Arena is probably the fastest way.

Saphirax

Something odd just happened. Was following one of the 100% guides to the letter. After Calm Lands I should've been at 19% but i wasn't.
Turns out the first time I talked to O'aka didn't register. I know I talked to him because I bought some Potions from him.

Almost made me ragequit.

ramyeon

So way back in Chapter 1, I walked from Mushroom Rock Road to the Moonflow and helped the Hypello protect his wagon.

I an reading now that, because I didn't drop into the Moonflow from the airship and talk to Tobli first, I can't get Episode Complete here all the way in fucking Chapter 5.

And suddenly, the whole fucking experience is completely soured. Fuck this shitty game.
You're not using a guide that has you do save checks for percentage?

The guide I'm using does that so it's pretty much impossible to go more than a few areas without noticing the percentage is off. It also explicitly stated not to take the mission from that Hypello. Actually it says that's in general don't walk from area to area, first time going to an area should always be airship.

Roto13

Tonberry the Ripper (and probably other bullshit) is standing between me and the Mascot dressphere.

Fuck it. I'm out. Deleting this game immediately. This is shit is worse than the Zodiac Spear.

You're not using a guide that has you do save checks for percentage?

The guide I'm using does that so it's pretty much impossible to go more than a few areas without noticing the percentage is off. It also explicitly stated not to take the mission from that Hypello. Actually it says that's in general don't walk from area to area, first time going to an area should always be airship.

I missed a tiny, tiny, tiny thing and just said "Well, screw it, I'll get it next time," because no reasonable person would ever place so much importance on such a tiny little scene that it would screw someone out of getting the best dressphere in the game.

XJF

How long do the effects of "Excellence" last?
Highroad Winds is by far my favorite GG. Love First Strike

Go_Ly_Dow

I love the subtle world building even late on in the game that isn't thrown in your face.

Talked to Auron whilst at the summit of Mt.Gagazet and Tidus points out how he doesn't care what happens to Yevon. Auron then responds telling him how important the religion is to Spira and when the truth comes out the followers will face a lot of hardship for many years.

Never appreciated the hidden exposition before and love how it isn't in some cutscene or in a datalog. It's there if you seek it.

How long do the effects of "Excellence" last?
Highroad Winds is by far my favorite GG. Love First Strike

When I did it against a boss I was fighting for about 20 minutes it lasted the entire time. I was just invincible for the whole battle. I kept trying it in case it had worn off but it just missed because it was still active.

Highroad is my most used gg as well. First strike just lets me destroy enemies before they have a chance.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Had some amazon.jp credit so went and ordered the double pack for the vita. Need to finish up some other games first. Not a bad price though for the amount of playtime I know Ill get. Though dreading having to do the blitzball bullshit again. Goddamn did I hate that shit.

XJF

When I did it against a boss I was fighting for about 20 minutes it lasted the entire time. I was just invincible for the whole battle. I kept trying it in case it had worn off but it just missed because it was still active.

Highroad is my most used gg as well. First strike just lets me destroy enemies before they have a chance.

used it against aN elder drake in the VI, and he hit me about 5 seconds after i successfully casted it and he destroyed my yuna

Argh, I've died twice on Mt. Gagazet, once after the Biran & Yenke fight when I had stolen tons of Lv. 3 key spheres and not saved, and another time when I was near the end.
I'm now wondering if I'm under levelled? I didn't spend much time in the Calm Lands, should I go back and strengthen up a bit?

XJF

Argh, I've died twice on Mt. Gagazet, once after the Biran & Yenke fight when I had stolen tons of Lv. 3 key spheres and not saved, and another time when I was near the end.
I'm now wondering if I'm under levelled? I didn't spend much time in the Calm Lands, should I go back and strengthen up a bit?

I feel like if you have to ask if you're underleveled, then you're probably underleveled.

In other news, I JUST unlocked the Ruin Depths (Chocobo Dungeon). Shit. Took. Forever

Atlantis

Petrify everything.

EVERYTHING.

Carbonox

Maxed out Strength finally. Juggernaut is so easy. Not looking forward to defence though. I hear the Tanket is an absolute bitch to fight?

XJF

Maxed out Strength finally. Juggernaut is so easy. Not looking forward to defence though. I hear the Tanket is an absolute bitch to fight?

He should be relatively easy since your strength is maxed. If you can't handle his attacks just make sure to summon before their turn

Just got Amazing Chocobo in FFX-2!

ZeroX03

Banned
I got up to 50% in X-2 then switched back to X. I've just been sphere grid filling the past week while watching TV shows.

X-2 requires too much god damn focus due to missables.

XJF

I got up to 50% in X-2 then switched back to X. I've just been sphere grid filling the past week while watching TV shows.

X-2 requires too much god damn focus due to missables.
I know! I was able to finally finish Breaking Bad while I was Sphere Grid maxing. Now I actually have to focus lol

XJF

The end of X-2 is so incredibly hammy.

I liked it lol nothing too spectacular but i thought it brought the story to a satisfactory close lol

I'll probably finish up the Den tonight and work on the Djose machina for a bit before calling it a night. Start my second job tomorrow :-(

Levyne

Banned
Supposedly Last Mission is supposed to read your X-2 save file and start you at level 5 instead of level 1 but it's not seeming to see mine or something :/

krae_man

Oh man the Sanctuary Keeper was a massive pain in the ass. I got him under 5k hit points left and he casts regen and curaga on himself. So I figure okay I need to beat him before he has a chance to do that to himself. So I do some Aeon overdrive moves with one doing over 25k damage and cast reflect on him and what does he do? Cast reflect on me so he can still fucking heal himself.

So I exhausted a crap load of resources without any gain so I give up and reloaded my save and summon Yojimbo right away and give him 1001 gil and he summons up a katana from the depths of hell and one hit KO's him.

:lol

Top Bottom