• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

Question..if you have accuracy, evasion and all the others at 255. Do you really need to increase Luck?

Luck increases the occurrence of critical hits (as well as acts as maxed accuracy and evasion, which you already physically have maxed) which is needed to efficiently take down Penance. I Zanmato'd him and the latter half of the Dark Aeons. Up to you, though.

anddo0

My inventory was full and I accidentally rejected Nimbus Rod after beating Ultimate weapon.
Does it even matter? I already have Nirvana (which by the way is the only celestial weapon I could tolerate going for)

My inventory was full and I accidentally rejected Nimbus Rod after beating Ultimate weapon.
Does it even matter? I already have Nirvana (which by the way is the only celestial weapon I could tolerate going for)

I think Yuna's ultimate weapon quest is probably the best one and most well designed. It feels like an actual quest that progresses a side story (Belgemine) and Yuna's character (in battle). The others feel so random and have nothing to do with the character who is getting the weapon really.

Flandy

For the AP trick I was under the impression that the entire party got AP and not just the person getting killed. What's the point of having the rest of the party with the Comrade mode overdrive if they don't get AP

XJF

For the AP trick I was under the impression that the entire party got AP and not just the person getting killed. What's the point of having the rest of the party with the Comrade mode overdrive if they don't get AP

They should ALL be getting the AP...

To anybody with the FFX Collector's Edition (The really big book case, not the smaller one that's still a little bigger than a normal PS3 game case), how does the art included compare with the really big Visual Arts collection that came out closer to the original PS2 game?

Flandy

Yea, when I did it all my party members got the AP. Don't worry lol

Levyne, you have a link to the strategies you used for the lower level VI bosses?

What type of spheres should I fill the empty nodes with anyway/where do I get them? I'm planning on getting the Platinum. Although I'm hoping to Zanmato the superbosses

Falk

that puzzling face
Get your stats up to beat Dark Yojimbo (255 STR, DEF, 170 AGI, 9999 HP) then just spam MDEF spheres on the rest.

edit: All at Monster Arena.

XJF

What type of spheres should I fill the empty nodes with anyway/where do I get them? I'm planning on getting the Platinum. Although I'm hoping to Zanmato the superbosses

MDEF is insanely easy. You can 2-hit kill one-eye with max strength. That's what I did. Sell all the weapons for insane Gil to pay off Yojimbo lol

Balphon

MDEF is insanely easy. You can 2-hit kill one-eye with max strength. That's what I did. Sell all the weapons for insane Gil to pay off Yojimbo lol

Zanmato doesn't have to be expensive. Paying Yojimbo more than 33k~ for it is rather counterproductive so long as his OD is full and you picked the right option when you recruited him. And even if not, paying more still won't help much.

I watched this video and only Wakka got the AP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0HE4glnWcY
Maybe he just forgot to equip Overdrive -> AP on the 2 other party members?
Haven't actually started the AP trick yet. Capturing monsters in the Omega Ruins atm

You can tell from the video that Tidus and Yuna are using their celestial weapons, so they wouldn't be getting any AP.

Luigi87

Get your stats up to beat Dark Yojimbo (255 STR, DEF, 170 AGI, 9999 HP) then just spam MDEF spheres on the rest.

edit: All at Monster Arena.

This is what I'm doing right now...
Once I realized that I wouldn't be able to rely on Zanmato'ing DY, went back to grinding...
>_<

Flandy

Any tips on finding Varuna and Master Tonberry at the Omega Ruins? Final two monsters I need. Have like 4 or 6 Varuna and 3 Master Tonberrys

kadotsu

Banned
Any tips on finding Varuna and Master Tonberry at the Omega Ruins? Final two monsters I need. Have like 4 or 6 Varuna and 3 Master Tonberrys

After beating Ultima Weapon use the second area to farm rare monsters. Just teleport back and forth to refresh the encounters. Don't beat Omega.

Mr. RHC

Hmm, decided to get back to X after a XIV break, ^o^.

Oh well, I finally need to get to Zanarkand..
this Seymour Flux is a pain in my ass, hopefully I can beat him this time.

Its funny how just a few sphere levels can make a huge difference. Fought the boss on the airship 6 times over 2 hours getting it all the way to the last phase where it uses haste and got destroyed at that party every time. Ran around the airship for 20 minutes and gained exactly 5 sphere levels on every character and completely destroyed the boss after that.

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Argh, I've died twice on Mt. Gagazet, once after the Biran & Yenke fight when I had stolen tons of Lv. 3 key spheres and not saved, and another time when I was near the end.
I'm now wondering if I'm under levelled? I didn't spend much time in the Calm Lands, should I go back and strengthen up a bit?

Yeah you probably should. Im currently on Mt. Gagazet and nothing can stop me. Though I did abuse the 8000 xp the monsters give you in Bevelle. If you need to level try catching 10 of every monster in the calm lands and than the
cavern of the stolen fayth

Flandy

Have now captured 10 of every monster in FFX. Time to farm One Eye for Triple AP weapons. I managed to kill one of them with Slice and Dice and Aurons Overdrive. Going to get annoying having to charge it each time >__<

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. I'm up through floor 30 of Last Mission.

Again, seems like for some reason it doesn't see my X-2 file. Maybe because I have so many?

For instance, at this floor they are supposed to talk about the results of Besaid's Chapter 5 events, but I got the generic version instead.

It's not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

I'm finally playing through this for the first time since 2003 or so and while I'm finding myself getting a little bored (encounters take forever! guess I've been spoiled by SMT and IZJS's fast forward), I forgot how phenomenal this game's OST is. While I love the music in the recent games (XIII and XIV have fantastic OSTs), it's such a nostalgic throwback that makes me think of the PS1 games.

CarJeter

Neo Member
God, I somehow managed to get the Mascot dressphere through the tournament...

My party is Lvl.99 and Trigger Happy + 100Luck + Auto-Haste made quick work of Tonberry the Ripper. 2 Cheap Shot killed Black Elemental. Then I was lucky that I didnt encounter Nooj on the Youth League Cup and baaam Mascot is mine!

And Trema was sooo easy... Thought he would be harder.. Tbh I had more problems with Paragon because of his speed and AoE attacks. Trema's physical attacks were weak with 255Def + Protect and his Meteor and Ultima attacks didnt hurt that much either. Well, I am happy that I have an Iron Duke now lol.

Balphon

Have now captured 10 of every monster in FFX. Time to farm One Eye for Triple AP weapons. I managed to kill one of them with Slice and Dice and Aurons Overdrive. Going to get annoying having to charge it each time >__<

Switch them to Victor and kill a Coyote between fights.

Balphon

I seem to be doing fine without the overdrive. I can kill it in about a minute

One Eye is pretty lacking in the HP department. Auron can likely kill it in two hits with the Masamune at 1 HP and around 80-90 strength. May want to give that a shot if his stats are high enough.

That is strange flandy. I am using the ap trick with out the triple overdrive ability and is getting a solid 20 sphere levels for all 3 of my characters.

Saphirax

That is strange flandy. I am using the ap trick with out the triple overdrive ability and is getting a solid 20 sphere levels for all 3 of my characters.

What's strange about it? As long as you have OD->AP, you'll be getting more sphere levels than usual.

Naturally, having triple AP and triple OD speeds up the process.

Kain

I fucking hate Blitzball. If only they just had the option to simulate games...

Just killed dark Valefor by the way. You only need a strong character (Tidus in my case). I know Ifrit is going to rape, so back to grinding again.

Ponn

Banned
Farting around before sin. Did some grinding in Omega ruins. Decided need some HP Break limit armor and read D. Aeons best. Pretty sure i was underpowered for them yet but managed to beat three with Yojimbo and auto-phoenix. Got an armor for Wakka with HP break and Ribbon with two free slots.

Totally forgot you add abilities and raise Aeon stats. Stat raising is not worth it but still forgot you could do it. Also the best thing about the butterfly game is you dont have to do it. I already got the Celestial Weapon trophy just for getting it so you know what im good, fuck those butterflies.

Saphirax

I fucking hate Blitzball. If only they just had the option to simulate games...

Just killed dark Valefor by the way. You only need a strong character (Tidus in my case). I know Ifrit is going to rape, so back to grinding again.

Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva are easier. While Ifrit and Ixion do counter, none of their attacks except their ODs hit the whole party.

Only thing you need for them is Auto Phoenix.

Jisgsaw

Do the lightning towers mini-game in FFX-2 bring anything noteworthy down the road?

The tower 7 is in my opinion impossible, the 10 doable (got to 29...), but hard.

Top Bottom