• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Atlantis

I am sure people have made suggestions elsewhere but I am just starting the game up and using the expert sphere grid and I was wondering for those who have been playing what is the best directions to send my characters? Thanks

It's easy to get overwhelmed by the Expert Grid, but really it's not horribly different than Standard. You can do crazy character archetype switching if you like, but really it's best if you mostly stick with everyone's default paths. Since this comes up fairly often though, I'll chime in again.

Yuna/Lulu - These two definitely benefit the most from the Expert Grid. Yuna can cross into Lulu's grid for Black Magic while Lulu crosses into Yuna's for big gains to her Magic and Agility. The area around Protect and Shell is a really great stop for Lulu and Yuna can even choose to abandon her grid at Curaga and finish the game with Lulu's grid instead. Yuna still has fairly easy access to Steal and Use, which is also a consideration.

Tidus/Auron - Nothing too complicated here. You can teach Auron Haste if you'd like, but the main benefit for them is a few short treks into the others' grid for easy stat grabs. (Tidus more than Auron)

Rikku/Wakka - Neither of them benefit much, if at all, from the Expert Grid. You're best off just following their paths to the end. Rikku's easy access to Reflect and Dispel is carried over from the Standard Grid, just a little later on her path. You might consider picking them up for certain boss fights if your Yuna is behind.

So in FFX i'm at the remiem temple trying to get the wings to discovery. I've talked to both chocobos on each side of the temple and all they do is hop and chirp. The game doesn't give me an option to do the race. Am I missing something here?

Saphirax

So in FFX i'm at the remiem temple trying to get the wings to discovery. I've talked to both chocobos on each side of the temple and all they do is hop and chirp. The game doesn't give me an option to do the race. Am I missing something here?

If I recall correctly you need to interact with the sphere that's on the ground near one of the chocobos to start the event.

B.K.

Did you check the sphere on the ground near the chocobo on the left side of the temple?

Flandy

Nice. Had you gotten the celestial weapons yet or no?

Yes. I had captured the Monsters in all but the last 2 Areas at that point too. Don't remember if I captured the monsters
Inside Sin
before or after the final boss though. I know I did Omega Ruins after the final boss.

Joni

I tried that lightning trick today with the crater, and still can't get past 100. Decided to go back capturing monsters inside sin. The Demonolith is kicking my ass there though. I got nothing Stoneproof on me, and I can't have Yuna use Holy because that kills him in one hit; which means I have to use weaker attacks.

Atlantis

I tried that lightning trick today with the crater, and still can't get past 100. Decided to go back capturing monsters inside sin. The Demonolith is kicking my ass there though. I got nothing Stoneproof on me, and I can't have Yuna use Holy because that kills him in one hit; which means I have to use weaker attacks.

Slow, Threaten, and Silence work wonders.

Or Valefor.

Shahed

Is there a decent way to grind AP early in in FFX-2? It's a pain keeping the roles up to speed on abilities, especially on rarely used Dresspheres like the mages. If there way to grind them out for a bit and then ignore them until needed it would be great

Atlantis

Is there a decent way to grind AP early in in FFX-2? It's a pain keeping the roles up to speed on abilities, especially on rarely used Dresspheres like the mages. If there way to grind them out for a bit and then ignore them until needed it would be great

Enemies die so easily in FFX-2 that you're not really at much disadvantage using casting classes like White Mage or Songstress. Since every action these classes take builds AP, they'll also level quicker than something like a Warrior.

If you really don't want to use them, wait for the Treasure Hunt Garment Grid in Chapter 3.

Shahed

Enemies die so easily in FFX-2 that you're not really at much disadvantage using casting classes like White Mage or Songstress. Since every action these classes take builds AP, they'll also level quicker than something like a Warrior.

If you really don't want to use them, wait for the Treasure Hunt Garment Grid in Chapter 3.
Thanks. I guess I'll just hang fire till then. I get that at the same time as Lady Luck from Shinra right?

Atlantis

Thanks. I guess I'll just hang fire till then. I get that at the same time as Lady Luck from Shinra right?

Yeah, combo against him with a item or rare-item coin and you might get it. Unrelated, but try getting the White Signet Garment Grid from the woman with the dog as well, it's great.

B.K.

i'm farming the great flan :(

The easiest way to farm Great Flan is using Anima. Pain counts as a magical attack. Just power up Yuna a bit and give Anima Reflect, Slow, and Haste. Haste Anima, then cast Reflect on it and reflect Slow to the Great Flan. Then use Pain until it's dead.

SirNinja

Lulu's ability "Focus", stacks if its casted many times?

Yes. Same with Cheer, Luck, Reflex, etc. They can all stack five times, I believe.

EDIT: Importantly, these abilities do not affect the numerical value of the skills themselves, but directly influence what the skills do. For example, Focus reduces all magic-based damage by 1/15 per casting, and maxes at 5/15. Even if your Magic Defense is 255, Focus will give you even more defense vs. magic.

Almost done with the celestials in FFX, just have blitzball to go. I've also caught 10 of every creature from everywhere except Omega Ruins and one other undiscovered location...

Luigi87

Finally defeated Dark Yojimbo after getting Tidus/Rikku/Wakka to STR 255, and AGI 170+, and Yuna to AGI 170+, having Auto-Haste on them all, and then spending my first 5/6 moves I got before Dark Yojimbo stacking Aim on the first three, then switching in Aeon meat shields for every attack, then doing Quick Hits ever opportunity I could before I needed another meat shield.

Now to cheese the remainder Dark Aeons with Zanmato, 'cause I really, really don't want to have to grind out max stats...

Levyne

Banned
Finally defeated Dark Yojimbo after getting Tidus/Rikku/Wakka to STR 255, and AGI 170+, and Yuna to AGI 170+, having Auto-Haste on them all, and then spending my first 5/6 moves I got before Dark Yojimbo stacking Aim on the first three, then switching in Aeon meat shields for every attack, then doing Quick Hits ever opportunity I could before I needed another meat shield.

Now to cheese the remainder Dark Aeons with Zanmato, 'cause I really, really don't want to have to grind out max stats...

That's probably for the best.

The easiest way to farm Great Flan is using Anima. Pain counts as a magical attack. Just power up Yuna a bit and give Anima Reflect, Slow, and Haste. Haste Anima, then cast Reflect on it and reflect Slow to the Great Flan. Then use Pain until it's dead.

I do the same thing but I also cast Regen on Anima and Dispel the Flan when he uses Regen.

Which means teaching Reflect, Slow, Haste, Dispel, and Regen.

Croc

Banned
Any strategies for Shinryu? I can just grind up Wakka and Rikku's levels (which I'm going to have to do anyways, Tidus is already super strong) but he's the only one I have to beat to unlock Nemesis and I just want to get Nemesis out of the way.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I'd just like to say Fuck Malboro. I'm in the great plains on my way to do the chocobo race and he pops up and casts bad breath and I stay confused until all 3 of my characters are dead with no chance to do anything about it.

You're going to love Demonolith...

Luigi87

Any strategies for Shinryu? I can just grind up Wakka and Rikku's levels (which I'm going to have to do anyways, Tidus is already super strong) but he's the only one I have to beat to unlock Nemesis and I just want to get Nemesis out of the way.

Ultimately I suggest primarily grinding up Wakka if you need to.
If he has max STR, his Attack Reels can basically do just under 1.2 million damage (since each hit should hit Shinryu for 99999), and then if one uses Entrust to refill his bar... Fun times.

OmegaDL50

What the fuck is this!!!

Sphere Break tournament against Shinra and he gets FOUR 1 Cores in a row.

This is bullshit...Bullshit I tell you!

Edit: At least I saved before the final round of the tournament. I'm not going to be cheated so easily. 1 Cores are nonsense and should have no place in the game.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Question. Will my FFX HD Region 3 (Asian English) cross save work on an R1 copy of FFX/X-2 PS3? I noticed that the PS3 version is listed as ALL regarding regions instead of the standard 1/2/3 in the spine.

They work for me. I'm playing with an R3 account, am R1 PS3 version and R3 Vita versions of the games.

Via Infinito is done at last. Those last two bosses jeez.
Paragon
was much more of a pain than I remember but
Trema
was easy enough if not completely tedious.

I want to catch chocobos now and finish everything with Clasko. I still have a few other dungeons to do before I go and finish my first playthrough but I'm having a blast.

Getting the Iron Duke accessory has just made the game ridiculously easy even if it wasn't that hard to begin with. Mascot + Iron Duke = Carnage

What the fuck is this!!!

Sphere Break tournament against Shinra and he gets FOUR 1 Cores in a row.

This is bullshit...Bullshit I tell you!

I had 3 or 4 spread out in one of my games. Completely fucks your combo. I just reset it and then destroyed him when I went back

Saphirax

What gear should I have for Dark Yojimbo?
I did a couple of test battles today and his Ambush wrecks me.

I've Ribbon, Auto Haste, Auto Protect and Auto Phoenix.
Tidus has maxed str, agi, def and m.def.
Should I opt for break hp limit for the fight?

Need to grind some more, especially with Wakka and Auron but even so - I can only pull off one Auto Life. Then I have to hope he doesn't one shot me as I revive the rest of my party.

Atlantis

Need to grind some more, especially with Wakka and Auron but even so - I can only pull off one Auto Life. Then I have to hope he doesn't one shot me as I revive the rest of my party.

First Strike.

Summon an Aeon whenever he gets a turn.

OmegaDL50

You don't need Break HP Limit.

The trick to beating Yojimbo is simple. For one thing you need to make sure Auron has his Masamune for First Strike.

The first thing to do during the battle is cast Cheer 5 times. It increases your STR and DEF, which will cut down Wakazashi's damage to be below 9999, so he can't one shot you.

Make sure Tidus, Auron and Wakka's Overdrive is full and Wakka has an Attack Reels ready.

Basically you want to use Attack Reels, then Entrust to Wakka so he can reuse Attack Reels,. If you have your OD gauge on Victor you'll get a half a gauge back for beating Yojimbo for the subsequent battles.

The rest of the fight after a single attack reels lands consists of using Luck ability and spamming Quick Hit until Yojimbo is down.

Repeat for the other 4 fights

OmegaDL50

I've beaten the game multiple times before, and I don't remember anything about this. Guess I'll come back once I beat this current file.

Tidus is a Dream of the Fayth. He exists, as well as the Dream Zanarkand summoned by the huge Fayth mural at Gagazet, is because the Fayth basically "dream" i.e summon him to exist. Because of this the Fayth can visit him any time they choose so regardless of time or place. Dream Zanarkand never sleeps...because of Yu Yevon continues to summon endlessly. That is why Tidus fades at the end of FFX, because the Fayth Mural at Gagazet was no longer being called by Yu Yevon, thus Dream Zanarkand and all of it's inhabitants faded with the summoning ended.

cwistofu

Tidus is a Dream of the Fayth. He exists, as well as the Dream Zanarkand summoned by the huge Fayth mural at Gagazet, is because the Fayth basically "dream" i.e summon him to exist. Because of this the Fayth can visit him any time they choose so regardless of time or place. Dream Zanarkand never sleeps...because of Yu Yevon continues to summon endlessly. That is why Tidus fades at the end of FFX, because the Fayth Mural at Gagazet was no longer being called by Yu Yevon, thus Dream Zanarkand and all of it's inhabitants faded with the summoning ended.

Yes, but none of that explains why Bahamut's fayth specifically tracks down Tidus and influences him throughout the game.

Yes, but none of that explains why Bahamut's fayth specifically tracks down Tidus and influences him throughout the game.
Since when was that specifically Bahamut's fayth? Are you confused because you see him again when Tidus enters a chamber of the fayth(which just happens to be Bahamut's) for the first time?

ramyeon

I assumed it was because Jecht was Sin, the Fayth were tired and wanted to stop dreaming and wanted Tidus to break the cycle.
Since when was that specifically Bahamut's fayth? Are you confused because you see him again when Tidus enters a chamber of the fayth(which just happens to be Bahamut's) for the first time?
It is Bahamut's Fayth. The back of his hoodie even has the symbol of that wheel that is on Bahamut's back.

Does Armour Break work on him?

Saphirax

You don't need Break HP Limit.

The trick to beating Yojimbo is simple. For one thing you need to make sure Auron has his Masamune for First Strike.

The first thing to do during the battle is cast Cheer 5 times. It increases your STR and DEF, which will cut down Wakazashi's damage to be below 9999, so he can't one shot you.

Make sure Tidus, Auron and Wakka's Overdrive is full and Wakka has an Attack Reels ready.

Basically you want to use Attack Reels, then Entrust to Wakka so he can reuse Attack Reels,. If you have your OD gauge on Victor you'll get a half a gauge back for beating Yojimbo for the subsequent battles.

The rest of the fight after a single attack reels lands consists of using Luck ability and spamming Quick Hit until Yojimbo is down.

Repeat for the other 4 fights

Have Masamune. My tactics would be similar to what you've suggested if only I could actually apply Cheer before I die.

I'll go max out Wakka and Auron first, and then Yuna for aeon soaking if needed. Good to know I don't need a new set of armor though!

What? Of course that is the fayth of Bahamut. Each fayth/summon is a single person. Who else could it be?

Top Bottom