• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Well in the middle of grinding so far. Got my sphere grid temp setup with all all the nodes filled. Currently Rikku, Auron, and Yuna have completed the grid. Tidus and Kimahri are most of the way through, while Wakka and Lulu have most of the grid to go through. Got rid of the Luck nodes to make getting that one trophy easier before I start gutting the grid, so only the main team needs to get the luck nodes.

Thanks to Ultima Buster everyone now has Triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive to AP weapons.

ramyeon

Apologies, I misread. But my original question still stands; why? Not how.
I already answered it above.

The Fayth were tired of dreaming and Bahamut's Fayth visits Tidus because he is the son of Jecht, the current Sin and they see a chance to break the cycle.

Carbonox

3 Trophies left to obtain:

Dodge 200 lightning bolts
Beat Penance (need to beat Dark Bahamut, Anima, Yojimbo and Magus Sisters first)
Complete Sphere Grid for every character (only done Tidus and Wakka so far, Yuna has 1/6 or so left to complete, everyone else is bare bones still)

Light at the end of the tunnel and all that.

Was pleasantly surprised by Yojimbo in my fight against Nemesis. I tried Nemesis the first time you're offered for free just to gauge him and got beaten pretty quickly. Then I figured, oh look, Yuna's Overdrive gauge is filled up so why not take a punt despite me using Yojimbo only once prior. Used Grand Summon, paid him 100,000 gil (I have so much gil I doubt I'll ever run out) and bam, he uses Zanmato. That trophy came and gone in seconds.

I also thought I'd take a punt on the Dark Magus Sister by separating them (which I can do), only I underestimated them even on an individual level and got destroyed by Dark Sandy's stone shattering. That'll learn me for not sticking Ribbon/Stoneproof on my ultimate armors (which I've since rectified so I can now try again). :lol Haven't had issues with statuses from any major enemy (Arena especially) or the Dark Aeons I have beaten so far until now.

Wow, just beat the sanctuary keeper on my first try without much difficulty...which is surprising considering I got my ass kicked a couple times by
Seymour Flux
right before, and I always thought that the keeper was the harder of the two.

cwistofu

I already answered it above.

The Fayth were tired of dreaming and Bahamut's Fayth visits Tidus because he is the son of Jecht, the current Sin and they see a chance to break the cycle.

I guess i'm not seeing why the fayth would think Tidus being Jecht's son would mean that the cycle could be broken.

Luigi87

Killed all the Dark Aeons, then realized I mistakenly missed one Dark Yojimbo fight.
Not a problem at all to kill him again, but just annoying that I made that mistake.
After that, Penance, then grinding max sphere grids, then lastly the Jecht Spheres which I totally forgot to collect. Then the Plat will be mine.

Luigi87

I guess i'm not seeing why the fayth would think Tidus being Jecht's son would mean that the cycle could be broken.

Well beyond just that
it's important to remember that Tidus and Jecht are special in that it isn't just "the son of the present Sin may have a chance" but on top of that, they're both dreams that became real. As such perhaps it is because they can be seen as a unique link between Spira and Dream Zanarkand that in essence, sustains Yu Yevon.

Edit: dammit, didn't mean to double. Meant to add.

ramyeon

Because it's pretty explicitly shown that Jecht still has some control over Sin at least some of the time, although he is losing that control when the game takes place. Obviously the Fayth know more than they let on.

For the record the Wiki gives the same explanation.

Croc

Banned
Ultimately I suggest primarily grinding up Wakka if you need to.
If he has max STR, his Attack Reels can basically do just under 1.2 million damage (since each hit should hit Shinryu for 99999), and then if one uses Entrust to refill his bar... Fun times.

All right I guess I'll just work on that then. No real harm since I need to do it anyways. Thanks!

Falk

that puzzling face
What gear should I have for Dark Yojimbo?
I did a couple of test battles today and his Ambush wrecks me.

I've Ribbon, Auto Haste, Auto Protect and Auto Phoenix.
Tidus has maxed str, agi, def and m.def.
Should I opt for break hp limit for the fight?

Need to grind some more, especially with Wakka and Auron but even so - I can only pull off one Auto Life. Then I have to hope he doesn't one shot me as I revive the rest of my party.

Auto Protect and Def 20% means you don't need Auto Phoenix, as nothing will one-shot you. You need Ribbon (or Stoneproof for a poor-man's Yojimbo-only armor) on the third but fourth slot could either be Auto Potion or Auto Haste, depending if you want to spend more turns curing or re-hasting people.

edit: Relevant to Dark Yojimbo, obviously.

Jacobbles

Thanks for the FFX-2 tips guys. Going for a perfect run on as my first experience of the game doesn't sound great though, especially since I have to follow a guide to the letter. I think I'll play the game blind for my first time and try for the platinum after I make it through.

Meier

No longer than on PS2

I don't think that PS2 era load times are acceptable in 2014. Especially when the game is on a cart or memory card. I feel like with years of dev time, this should have been absolutely definitive.. thus far, I haven't been super impressed in terms of it being an HD remaster and not just a port.

Zephyx

Auto Protect and Def 20% means you don't need Auto Phoenix, as nothing will one-shot you. You need Ribbon (or Stoneproof for a poor-man's Yojimbo-only armor) on the third but fourth slot could either be Auto Potion or Auto Haste, depending if you want to spend more turns curing or re-hasting people.

Pardon for the intrusion, but my current setup is the same as his. Is your suggestion the best endgame armor or is it just situational for the Yojimbo fight?

They really should have allowed you to skip the cutscenes. I died 3 times
fighting lady Yunalesca and had watch the long cutscene before the battle over and over again.

Roto13

They really should have allowed you to skip the cutscenes. I died 3 times
fighting lady Yunalesca and had watch the long cutscene before the battle over and over again.

It's hilarious/infuriating that they give you the option to skip cutscenes in X-2, but you'll miss out on completion percentage points if you skip the wrong scenes.

krae_man

Okay This dark Aeon is way more powerful then me. I just looked him up and I am nowhere near ready to take out something with 800,000 hit points. Man I'm fucked. So much for getting that last aeon. There's no other way to get into besaid temple is there?

Edit: Wait, I can try giving Yojimbo a metric fuck ton of money. BRB.

Levyne

Banned
f5crg5d.png

You rang?

(Just give him like 1000-10000 gil and reload a few times. Make sure his overdrive is up)

Falk

that puzzling face
Pardon for the intrusion, but my current setup is the same as his. Is your suggestion the best endgame armor or is it just situational for the Yojimbo fight?

Not even Penance?

Quote was relevant to Dark Yojimbo, as cleverly concealed within the post I quoted. >:C Outside of that Auto-Haste is king and you should uninstall if you don't have it on your armor.

Balphon

Okay This dark Aeon is way more powerful then me. I just looked him up and I am nowhere near ready to take out something with 800,000 hit points. Man I'm fucked. So much for getting that last aeon. There's no other way to get into besaid temple is there?

Edit: Wait, I can try giving Yojimbo a metric fuck ton of money. BRB.

Giving him more than 33000 is generally a waste.

XJF

Digging for Assembly parts in X-2 is insanely stupid...

Levyne, how long did Last Mission take you to clear?

krae_man

f5crg5d.png

You rang?

(Just give him like 1000-10000 gil and reload a few times. Make sure his overdrive is up)

The dark aeon has cast energy ray and one hit killed me before I even have a turn 4 out of 5 tries so far. Grrr

Edit: oh shit first time after this post:lol

XJF

Just finished collecting all necessary pieces from digging. Now to go destroy this machina!

KG21's guide pisses me off. It says to go from Mushroom RR in Ch. 5 to Bevelle to complete the first 20 floors of Via Infinito so you can get spheres for DoW and he says to "Go there now so your totals match my totals [completion %]", but when you complete the Bevelle portion before you can enter the VI, you get extra % that he doesn't account for, This dude is a tool lol no biggie, just doesn't make sense lol

Beat FFX. There's still stuff I don't get.

1. Why do the Fayth want to be summoned at the end? What's the point? Isn't that what they should avoid doing so that Yu Yevon won't any Aeon to possess?

2. Is Tidus technically an Aeon? Who is his Fayth? Are the Fayth the original dead people from real Zanarkand, or are they the dream people from Dream Zanarkand?

3. It was mentioned that old real Zanarkand's summoners lost to Bevelle. How are there summoners when there were no Fayth? Maybe I don't get Fayth? Is real Zanarkand both a highly technological and spiritual place?

If any of those are answered in X-2 or the audio logs, mention so. I've yet to listen to the FFX audio log.

Probably the most mature story in the series for me without delving so heavily into politics (FFXII). Ending still gave me a lot of feels.
xgGOU13.gif

Beat FFX. There's still stuff I don't get.

1. Why do the Fayth want to be summoned at the end? What's the point? Isn't that what they should avoid doing so that Yu Yevon won't any Aeon to possess?

2. Is Tidus technically an Aeon? Who is his Fayth? Are the Fayth the original dead people from real Zanarkand, or are they the dream people from Dream Zanarkand?

3. It was mentioned that old real Zanarkand's summoners lost to Bevelle. How are there summoners when there were no Fayth? Maybe I don't get Fayth? Is real Zanarkand both a highly technological and spiritual place?

If any of those are answered in X-2 or the audio logs, mention so. I've yet to listen to the FFX audio log.

Probably the most mature story in the series for me without delving so heavily into politics (FFXII). Ending still gave me a lot of feels.
xgGOU13.gif

1. Yu Yevon will possess tje Aeons anyway if they don't summon them there so they want to be possessed while Yuna and co are there. Yu Yevon is at his weakest the moment he takes over the Aeon so it's better they are defeatedbstraight away. Hope that makes sense.

2. The fayth themselves are the summons but they have created a dream version of Zanarkand and that is also being constantly summoned by Yu Yevon. Tidus is just a 'dream' version of someone who once lived in Zanarkand.

3. I have no idea. I'm assuming that the fayth were around long bbefore the war with Bevelle.

Flandy

So how should I grind Yojimbo? Atm I'm just running around the calm lands and giving Yojimbo 1024 gil whenever I get in a battle

edit: LAWL. Summoned Yojimbo and he did a Zanmato upon being summoned withing me paying him. This seems to be effective lol

ramyeon

Where did you get the impression that there were no fayth before the destruction of Zanarkand? Of course there was.

When Bevelle marched on Zanarkand Yu Yevon knew the war was lost and did not want to lose the city. Yu Yevon sacrificed the people of Zanarkand, using them as fayth (These are the ones you see in the wall of fayth at Gagazet) in order to summon Zanarkand as it stood at its height of power and Yu Yevon summoned Sin in order to protect that summoned version of Zanarkand. He "programmed" Sin with the objective of destroying any place that becomes too advanced technologically in order to stop people from developing Machina and eventually stumbling upon the summoned Zanarkand.

Yu Yevon could not control Sin, so of course it went out of control and destroyed the real Zanarkand before the Bevelle army even got there.

Tidus is one of the inhabitants of this summoned version of Zanarkand, a place which does physically exist in the world of Spira, so he is assumably the memory of someone who did exist in real Zanarkand at the time of the war with Bevelle, as is everyone else in the Zanarkand we see at the beginning of the game.

Where did you get the impression that there were no fayth before the destruction of Zanarkand? Of course there was.

When Bevelle marched on Zanarkand Yu Yevon knew the war was lost and did not want to lose the city. Yu Yevon sacrificed the people of Zanarkand, using them as fayth (These are the ones you see in the wall of fayth at Gagazet) in order to summon Zanarkand as it stood at its height of power and Yu Yevon summoned Sin in order to protect that summoned version of Zanarkand. He "programmed" Sin with the objective of destroying any place that becomes too advanced technologically in order to stop people from developing Machina and eventually stumbling upon the summoned Zanarkand.

Yu Yevon could not control Sin, so of course it went out of control and destroyed the real Zanarkand before the Bevelle army even got there.

Tidus is one of the inhabitants of this summoned version of Zanarkand, a place which does physically exist in the world of Spira, so he is assumably the memory of someone who did exist in real Zanarkand at the time of the war with Bevelle, as is everyone else in the Zanarkand we see at the beginning of the game.

basicly when
Yu Yevon
realized the war was lost he just said fuck it and created Sin

I see, thanks for the explanations. One last thing:
Is Fayth:Aeon 1:1, or can a Fayth dream of many Aeons? If so, then is Tidus technically the Aeon of that Bahamut kid? I looked up the wiki and it said Aeons are some sort of physical manifestations of the Fayth itself.

---

Is it just me or does "Off" work exactly the same as "Default" in X-2 for the dressphere changes? "Short" is the only one that works.

Top Bottom