• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Saphirax

About to start the Don Tonberry trick but for some reason I can't customize double overdrive on to weapons? I can only put triple overdrive on them. halp

If an ability doesn't show up it means you don't have the materials for it. Tripe OD is better for the AP trick though.

kick51

Banned
Hmm, this explains why Lulu throws the ball for me, and
those surprisingly affectionate lines while fighting Sin. "A day with you is never dull!" "Let's go! Just you and me!" (wtf!)

edit: AHAHAHA at that
convo when you ride with Auron. Super disappointed they didn't ride on the same snowmobile

wait wait wait wait what?

I didn't know you affect if
Luzzu/Gatta dies!
That's crazy!

heh, I apparently got Rikku's love and
Luzzu died. which sucks because he was cool.

FFX had a little built in morality system that they didn't tell anyone about, apparently. that's crazy.

Flandy

Different items. Double overdrive requires Underdog's Secret.

Yeah I just talked to Rin and he gave me 99 of them for collecting all the Al Bhed Primers.

Anyone know a good way to make gil? Currently just selling the loot One Eye drops since it ranges from like 20-70k and I can kill it in 3 turns

If an ability doesn't show up it means you don't have the materials for it. Tripe OD is better for the AP trick though.

No shit it's better. The problem is it's really expensive. Know any good ways to make gil?

SkylineRKR

Still on X, needs tips on boss post Bevelle.
Fighting Seymor second time. Tips?

You can grind the bridge there, up until Holy etc. But if you have Bio and Reflect you're set as well. He's the easiest boss in the game if you do. Cast reflect on self, cast Bio on him. Just troll him.

I never used Aeons and their OD's in the storyline, I find it to be too cheap to do.

Oh man. I almost forgot about LeBlanc.

Sin was only trying to keep the real evil at bay. What have we done? Spira is full of saturday morning cartoon villains!

Saphirax

Yeah I just talked to Rin and he gave me 99 of them for collecting all the Al Bhed Primers.

Anyone know a good way to make gil? Currently just selling the loot One Eye drops since it ranges from like 20-70k and I can kill it in 3 turns

No shit it's better. The problem is it's really expensive. Know any good ways to make gil?

Godhand + Mimics = 100 000 gil per fight. That plus selling all the useless equipment you have/will get will net you plenty of gil.

Flandy

Godhand + Mimics = 100 000 gil per fight. That plus selling all the useless equipment you have/will get will net you plenty of gil.

Think I'll go back to one eye. With One Eye it only takes me 3 turns and I can do it pretty quickly and mindlessly. With the Mimics I have to encounter one first, defend, defend, steal, and then kill it. Takes too long even if it is a bit more gil :p

Holy shit, the new creature capture content in X-2 seems insane.

edit: Lesgo PARTY ajaja PARTY

What the HELL happened to Brother during those 2 years? :lol

Saphirax

Think I'll go back to one eye. With One Eye it only takes me 3 turns and I can do it pretty quickly and mindlessly. With the Mimics I have to encounter one first, defend, defend, steal, and then kill it. Takes too long even if it is a bit more gil :p

Ah, right. You don't have Steal with everyone yet. Tidus would always go first and he had steal so it made things faster. Problem with One Eye is that you have to pay to fight him and he doesn't always drop good gear that you can sell.

Flandy

Ah, right. You don't have Steal with everyone yet. Tidus would always go first and he had steal so it made things faster. Problem with One Eye is that you have to pay to fight him and he doesn't always drop good gear that you can sell.

Well I'm pretty sure it at the very least drops something work 20k everytime. I'm just on youtube while I grind on my Vita so I prefer this since it's pretty mindless lol

CarJeter

Neo Member
@Levyne

Yeah, I played Last Mission first (because I already beat X and X-2 and I wanted to see new cutscenes) and I had much fun with it. My main was Paine which in the end wasnt that smart 'cause its apparently better to use every three of them. White Mage is soooo useful and I had Samurai and Zantetsuken or whatever that 1-hit-kill move is named + Ether = OP.

I saved right before the last boss and after doing some research I will NEVER beat that thing without going to the 1st floor again and do some grinding. And I dont want to do this lol

Levyne

Banned
@Levyne

Yeah, I played Last Mission first (because I already beat X and X-2 and I wanted to see new cutscenes) and I had much fun with it. My main was Paine which in the end wasnt that smart 'cause its apparently better to use every three of them. White Mage is soooo useful and I had Samurai and Zantetsuken or whatever that 1-hit-kill move is named + Ether = OP.

I saved right before the last boss and after doing some research I will NEVER beat that thing without going to the 1st floor again and do some grinding. And I dont want to do this lol

Yep. I keep a white mage around even though I don't plan to level it up.

Apparantly you need a sort of book to go into secret rooms for the Tonberry Treasure trophy, but I haven't gotten any yet. :/

I am just mostly using the gunner with the extra attack range. I also keep a festivalist so that I recover MP (for Curaga) and also I can knock enemies back with the Beserker ability. After struggling on the floor 40 boss, I had the Reset item so that I could go back through with my levels intact, but I'm wondering what happens if I get stuck on, say, the floor 60 boss and I don't have that item.

XJF

I didn't get the calm lands episode 5 hotspot. :( Is it because I ignored the pr and girlfriend point stuff?

PR, yeah.

If you did the PR campaign somewhat, but did not acquire the full 400, you may be able to talk to all available people in Spira and get your total over 400. If you can do this PRIOR to entering the Calm Lands for the first time in Chapter 5 then the Calm Lands will become a Hotspot once you acquire the full 400 points. Even if it's in the middle of the chapter. That's what I did and still got the Episode Complete

Atlantis

You can grind the bridge there, up until Holy etc. But if you have Bio and Reflect you're set as well. He's the easiest boss in the game if you do. Cast reflect on self, cast Bio on him. Just troll him.

I never used Aeons and their OD's in the storyline, I find it to be too cheap to do.

Reflect + Provoke is an instant win.

burgerdog

I can't hit mindy in x2, 75% of the time she evades my attack.

edit
Holy fuck what is going on in this battle. My characters just stand there while the sisters take 15 turns in a row.

Flandy

Did anyone here actually go with Triple OD on every character for the AP trick or do you did you go with just Double. If my math is correct I'm going to need 12.6 Million Gil for Triple OD on the remaining 4 members of my party. I barely have 5.6 Million Gil :(

edit: My math was wrong. It's only 7.2 :p

Iceblade

Why is it that this game can do cross-platform play across PC and PS3 just fine, and yet the Elder Scrolls Online devs said it was far too hard to get their game working cross-plat? Maybe a bit off topic but I've been curious.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Why is it that this game can do cross-platform play across PC and PS3 just fine, and yet the Elder Scrolls Online devs said it was far too hard to get their game working cross-plat? Maybe a bit off topic but I've been curious.

PC version of FFX|X-2, eh?

XJF

Why cant I get one-eye to unlock? I have all the right creatures captured.

Did you capture all monsters from the Calm Lands first? I think maybe you have to do that? Otherwise you may be missing the Floating Eye monster from inside Sin. idk.
I've never had that happen before

Did you capture all monsters from the Calm Lands first? I think maybe you have to do that? Otherwise you may be missing the Floating Eye monster from inside Sin. idk.
I've never had that happen before
I found a list and have all 5 needed. This is bizarre. I'm now just running around capturing every monster in every area. Do I have to be so far for species conquest to unlock?

Shit. 4 of each? That's my problem. Doh. Thanks everyone. I'm a dummy. That explains my confusion when guides kept saying to capture 4, then went on to list 5 creatures.

Flandy

I found a list and have all 5 needed. This is bizarre. I'm now just running around capturing every monster in every area. Do I have to be so far for species conquest to unlock?

Shit. 4 of each? That's my problem. Doh. Thanks everyone. I'm a dummy. That explains my confusion when guides kept saying to capture 4, then went on to list 5 creatures.

LOL Wow. Have fun :p

Just did Lulu's 200 lightnings since she is my favorite character.... dont think I will be trying too hard for the other weapons though. Mostly cause I'm itching to play X-2 (it honestly is 75% of the reason I bought it)
ok98% I like it more than X, there I admit it fully!

edit: just realized the lightning trophy is only a bronze. Someone at SE needs to get slapped.

Carbonox

Maxed out all stats for Wakka and Tidus other than Luck (lolol fuck off) and Magic (Jumbo Flans are easy but take too long to fight). I think I'll just waste the remaining empty nodes with easy to obtain shite like Defence Spheres.

SirNinja

edit: just realized the lightning trophy is only a bronze. Someone at SE needs to get slapped.

What annoys me more is that the trophy for obtaining all fully-powered Celestials is just a silver, while the one for collecting/compiling all the Al Bhed Primers is a gold. Apparently, they thought the Chocobo Training From Hell, dozens of hours of Blitzball, lightning dodging, butterfly capturing, monster capturing, Cactuar finding, etc. was less impressive than finding some books scattered (in order, no less!) throughout the world.

hey guys how much gil do i need to get Youjimbo
farming mimics atm to get him
also how much Hp do mimics have(and any tips to killing them)

If I remember right, you'll need maybe ~250,000 gil. Shoot for 300,000.

When he makes his offer, counter with half of it plus 1. He'll make a new offer; counter with half of it plus 1 again. Accept his third offer - haggling more than that runs a huge risk of him calling the deal off.

Flandy

Anyone have a guide for filling in the empty nodes on the Standard Sphere Grid? Don't want to fuck up and make it impossible to defeat the Superbosses. Although I'm planning on using Yojimbo I hear high Max Str and High Luck is a must

Atlantis

Anyone have a guide for filling in the empty nodes on the Standard Sphere Grid? Don't want to fuck up and make it impossible to defeat the Superbosses. Although I'm planning on using Yojimbo I hear high Max Str and High Luck is a must

If you're using Yojimbo your stats don't matter.

Atlantis

Well yeah but I doubt I'll be able to get Yojimbo to use Zanmato 5 times in a row against Dark Yojimbo :p

You will if you believe.

If you're trying to keep your grinding to a minimum, for Yojimbo specifically, 200 Strength, 170 Agility and 60 Luck should be okay.

ss_lemonade

Is it just me or are there some monsters mixed in areas that don't count as a monster for that area? I was trying to catch all monsters at the djose map. Seeing I needed 7, I did catch 7 unique ones but I still ended up missing one. Looking at a guide, I think I caught a funguar (which can be found in djose as well) instead of an ochu T_T

Top Bottom