• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I don't even want to know what my chances of were of getting 0 on the dot..no big deal right I'll just try again..

brb breaking this controller and then buying a new one

Luigi87

Zanmato'd Penance... Now all that leaves me is maxing out all Sphere Grids, and collecting the Jecht Spheres which I totally forgot about.
Almost done..

Saphirax

I feel you man, I feel you. Currently doing everything else there is except for Lightning Dodging.

Tried the AP Trick as well, but Karma doesn't seem to do that much damage 50k tops and that's for Auron who's sloooow.
Yuna has Auto-Haste armor and gets around 30k per Karma.

Maybe I should've used Triple Overdrive after all. :/

What about Tidus? Unless you don't use him at all.

Falk

that puzzling face
Looking at the full Dressphere Menu, I notice that the menu would have enough space to accommodate four additional spheres without messing up the design layout.

As you can see in my edited image I scrapped together.

I was thinking maybe 4 Master Spheres, special dresspheres only available if several jobs were mastered.

1) Red Mage = Black+White Mage ability set on one job.
2) Sword Master = Dark Knight + Warrior set
3) Gun Expert = Gun Mage + Gunner

I really don't know what a good 4th combination would be.

I know none of this actually happens, but it's nice to dream though.

Master 1 2 and 3 and unlock Mathematician.

Ah, sorry, I meant sacrificing him for the Tonberry trick.

Oh, yeah he works, he's somewhere in the middle between Auron and Yuna, but Yuna doesn't have Comrade for some reason so I mostly use her on Stoic. I can try using her I guess, but I'm doing Monster hunting right now to get my kills up.

Finally got my LE today, artbook is small but nice.
Game looks good. First few minutes immediately reminded me of the issues I had with the game back then. Very basic animation outside of battles, terrible looking NPCs and I just can't sympathize with Tidus for the life of me. Anxiously awaiting for Auron, Rikku and Yuna to join the party full time.
Looking forward to sinking my teeth into this journey again. So many memorable moments and the ost is simply sublime. It's been ages since I played this, always interesting to check out old games with a new perspective.

Saphirax

Oh, yeah he works, he's somewhere in the middle between Auron and Yuna, but Yuna doesn't have Comrade for some reason so I mostly use her on Stoic. I can try using her I guess, but I'm doing Monster hunting right now to get my kills up.

Yeah monster hunting helps a lot. Tidus was getting hit for 60k when I first tried it. After I was done with the monster hunting he was getting hit for 99k.

I'm currently playing Blitzball and trying to get all Wakkas ODs and the sigil. I got the first reel and playing ten exhibition matches to win the second reel. I wish there was a faster way to get them. I hate blitzball it's so boring. I can't even forfeit the rest of the matches because the score is 7 won games to me out of the 10 for the second reel. I'm on the eighth match now. You have to be losing to forfeit right? am I doing all this right? Trying to play minimum amount to get through blitzball for the trophies.

Then I have to play another 14-15 matches to get third reel and sigil too? Yaaaawnnn. I reset tstats too so I wouldn't be playing blitzball as much but it's still boring and takes ages....

How many Sp.Levels did you get for each fight on average if I may ask?

My Wakka gets hit for 50k each hit, and I get about 80 sphere levels each time. Just make sure you have 2 characters doing the hitting, and the one who is on Comrade has Auto-Phoenix. I have Tidus and Auron on Stoic and attacking, with whoever I'm levelling on Comrade with Auto-Phoenix. This way everyone levels up, the one on Comrade gets the most (80-90 Sp. Levels) each time, and the others get about 60

Saphirax

How many Sp.Levels did you get for each fight on average if I may ask?

When I first attempted it I didn't have Triple AP, I'm certain I had Double OD as well. Ended up with 18 sphere levels...Thankfully I didn't save so no mats were wasted. Right now when he hits for 99k I'm consistently getting 99 levels.

Alright, thanks for the hints, guys. I currently have 3 weapons that also have double OD, so I might farm Sandworms for Triple OD at some point if it makes it a lot faster.

I'm currently playing Blitzball and trying to get all Wakkas ODs and the sigil. I got the first reel and playing ten exhibition matches to win the second reel. I wish there was a faster way to get them. I hate blitzball it's so boring. I can't even forfeit the rest of the matches because the score is 7 won games to me out of the 10 for the second reel. I'm on the eighth match now. You have to be losing to forfeit right? am I doing all this right? Trying to play minimum amount to get through blitzball for the trophies.

Then I have to play another 14-15 matches to get third reel and sigil too? Yaaaawnnn. I reset tstats too so I wouldn't be playing blitzball as much but it's still boring and takes ages....

You can get everything in 26 matches if you use Reset data.

You can get everything in 26 matches if you use Reset data.

Also you only have to reset data 2 times.

1. Exit out and go back in until tournament lights up. If attack reels is not the prize exit out and keep going back in until tournament goes away and comes back. Win the tournament (3 games)
2. Reset Data until Status Reels is the League prize. Win the league (10 games)
3. Don't reset data, just exit out of the menu and go back in until Aurochs Reels is the prize for the tournament. Win the tournament (3 games)
4. Reset data until Jupiter Sigil is the prize for the league. Win the league (10 games).

It still takes fucking forever. A game is a minimum of 11 minutes (including halftime and clicking aroudn through menus), and I figure another minute on top of that for when the clock stops in game. So 12 minutes per game x 26 games = 312 minutes, or just over 5 hours. It took me closer to 7, but that was probably because I took a few breaks to get away from the boredom.

Saphirax

Alright, thanks for the hints, guys. I currently have 3 weapons that also have double OD, so I might farm Sandworms for Triple OD at some point if it makes it a lot faster.

Just tested it with Yuna who has a Double OD, Triple AP and OD->AP weapon - she only got 35 sphere levels :/.

Just tested it with Yuna who has a Double OD, Triple AP and OD->AP weapon - she only got 35 sphere levels :/.

Did you have 1 guy attacking or 2? And did you have Auto-Phoenix? Having Auto Phoenix will basically double the number of attacks you can get in before fleeing.

Even with only Triple AP and OD -> AP I was getting 30 sphere levels. Without even having any OD multiplier.

Ourobolus

Banned

The easiest way for me to forfeit is to put the crappiest goalie in (lowest CA), and use Mark Mode to make everyone mark the opponent's defenders.

Saphirax

Did you have 1 guy attacking or 2? And did you have Auto-Phoenix? Having Auto Phoenix will basically double the number of attacks you can get in before fleeing.

Even with only Triple AP and OD -> AP I was getting 30 sphere levels. Without even having any OD multiplier.

Have Auto Phoenix but I only had Tidus attacking. Will try with two and see how it turns out.

just watch some anime or something while mindlessly pressing x against Dingo
only took me 3-4hrs to get from 200 something kills to 800 with Tidus
though this asshole One Eye wont drop a 3 slotted Durandel -_-

just watch some anime or something while mindlessly pressing x against Dingo
only took me 3-4hrs to get from 200 something kills to 800 with Tidus
though this asshole One Eye wont drop a 3 slotted Durandel -_-

Hah, I fought that asshole for about 3 hours to get every weapon. I had 5+ of every single weapon except Wakka's, and I'd never even gotten a 2 slot OR 3 slot version of his. Finally wh en I was about to give up, he dropped a 3 slotted one.

Saphirax

Hah, I fought that asshole for about 3 hours to get every weapon. I had 5+ of every single weapon except Wakka's, and I'd never even gotten a 2 slot OR 3 slot version of his. Finally wh en I was about to give up, he dropped a 3 slotted one.

Success! 99 sphere levels :D, takes slightly longer though.

Son Of D

What's better for the Trema battle, Mascot (mastered) or Dark Knight?

Mascot for Yuna and Paine. Moogle Beam + Cactling Gun ignore his absurd defences and are more powerful attacks than Darkness. You'll need a lot of Ethers though since they have high MP costs Rikku can either be a Dark Knight so she can use Darkness for extra damage or a Mascot herself and mainly act as support.

Holmes

Mascot for Yuna and Paine. Moogle Beam + Cactling Gun ignore his absurd defences and are more powerful attacks than Darkness. You'll need a lot of Ethers though since they have high MP costs Rikku can either be a Dark Knight so she can use Darkness for extra damage or a Mascot herself and mainly act as support.
Thanks, I'll do that. I'll use the Higher Power garment grid for Break HP Limit, start with an Alchemist to double everyone's HP with Mega Cocktail, then Miracle Drink for invulnerability while everyone traverses the grid for Break Damage Limit. Then I'll have everyone use Mascot and I'll change Rikku to Alchemist when more Miracle Drinks are needed, or have her heal when needed.

Also didn't realize my boyfriend was logged in, so I made that post from his account. Oops.

Flandy

Question. For the sphere grid trophy do you have to cross every single path even if it leads to a dead end? I know you have to activate and fill in every single node but I'm not sure if you have to cross through every path.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Are there different collectable cards? I got two X-2 and only one X card. I would like two X cards and only 1 X-2 card.

I got one of Yuna and Tidus
One of Rikku, Yuna, and Paine
And another one of the three from X-2.

Where's my Auron card?

ZeroX03

Banned
It still takes fucking forever. A game is a minimum of 11 minutes (including halftime and clicking aroudn through menus), and I figure another minute on top of that for when the clock stops in game. So 12 minutes per game x 26 games = 312 minutes, or just over 5 hours. It took me closer to 7, but that was probably because I took a few breaks to get away from the boredom.

No it isn't, a game is a minimum of 6 minutes. The clock runs at double speed. You can easily do it in under 4 hours if you're going get one goal -> swim behind goalie and sit there.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
My copy arrived today! Soon time ta see if the games as fun ta play as it was to read about back in the old FF anniversary thread! Guess I'll find out first-hand alls I need ta know about future soccer, lightning dodging, and Zankar Land!

huh, almost got wrecked by the mana conon magic disabler robot thing.

Anybody got some general tips on how to not suck with summons? It feels like i always mess up timing or w/e so i end up losing the summon before i can get an overdrive out of them >.<

Atlantis

huh, almost got wrecked by the mana conon magic disabler robot thing.

Anybody got some general tips on how to not suck with summons? It feels like i always mess up timing or w/e so i end up losing the summon before i can get an overdrive out of them >.<

Just use Boost against some normal fiends and have an Overdrive saved for boss fights.

Synless

My Vita version was delivered today. Cross saves for the win!!! I am ridiculously excited. The only thing that makes me sad is that if a FFXII HD is ever released, I fear it won't get a Vita version and the same awesome cross save function.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why wouldn't it?

FFX Vita sold less than PS3*, it'll increase porting time, it's tougher porting to Vita than PS3, Kingdom Hearts HD didn't get a Vita version, etc.

PS3 isn't dead, but it is on the way out, they'll want to get their last HD remakes out ASAP. The transition year is an awkward time.

*it's actually a top selling Vita title IIRC, but that still isn't a lot of units, I don't know what SE considers profitable these days.

ramyeon

FFX Vita sold less than PS3*, it'll increase porting time, it's tougher porting to Vita than PS3, Kingdom Hearts HD didn't get a Vita version, etc.

PS3 isn't dead, but it is on the way out, they'll want to get their last HD remakes out ASAP. The transition year is an awkward time.

*it's actually a top selling Vita title IIRC, but that still isn't a lot of units, I don't know what SE considers profitable these days.
FFX/X-2HD sold really well on Vita in Japan didn't it?

t26

There are a lot more PS3 owner than Vita. Both Vita and PS3 are just outsourced to Virtuos, so I won't worry too much about FF12.

Top Bottom