• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

Is there an easy way to Oversoul Mega Tonberry? Or do I just have to count my tonberry kills and time it to where he's the one who oversouls?

Atlantis

Does
Auto Haste/Phoenix/Protect work?
I hear I need Def+20% as a passive too.

Is it worth it to have someone with Ribbon though?

You don't need Ribbon and since he's never going to kill anyone, you don't need Auto-Phoenix. Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Potion, and Def +10/20%.

OmegaDL50

You can always just wait it out. Try it :p

But if you do this you won't get the damage bonus for hitting the reels within the time limit.

Really the trick to getting the last x2 is to hit the button when the x1 at the bottom of the screen, it will land on the x2 pretty much every single time.

Flandy

But if you do this you won't get the damage bonus for hitting the reels within the time limit.

Really the trick to getting the last x2 is to hit the button when the x1 at the bottom of the screen, it will land on the x2 pretty much every single time.

No wonder I keep missing it. I would always do it while the 1 was in the middle. The start of the reels is annoying too since the timer doesn't start as soon as it appears

XJF

I just won a battle with Yuna as Lady Luck, did she just quote Bill Paxton from ALIENS?

"Game Over, Man. Game Over!"

MSMrRound

So...about to customize a armor..what's the commonly accepted so-called "ultimate armor" for FFX?

Auto-P
Auto-Haste...

What should I throw in for the last two slot? If I got 99 dark matter, should I just go for a ribbon as well? (Prepping for Dark Yojimbo)

krae_man

I just lost about 2 hours of effort in the Omega Ruins tonight. First time one of those giant tombstones with freaky hands petrified my entire party and I lost about an hour of progress. So I started again and equipped Yuna with stoneproof armor, then one of those floating thunder things confused my entire party and killed me. Another hour gone.

I'm done for the night and I'm now going to walk back to the save point after every 4 battles or something because fuck going through that again.

OmegaDL50

I just lost about 2 hours of effort in the Omega Ruins tonight. First time one of those giant tombstones with freaky hands petrified my entire party and I lost about an hour of progress. So I started again and equipped Yuna with stoneproof armor, then one of those floating thunder things confused my entire party and killed me. Another hour gone.

I'm done for the night and I'm now going to walk back to the save point after every 4 battles or something because fuck going through that again.

Use Provoke on Spirits, they will at that point constantly cast White Wind on you repeatedly.

And the Demonoliths are susceptible to Silence so they can't do anything but Claw you.

krae_man

Use Provoke on Spirits, they will at that point constantly cast White Wind on you repeatedly.

And the Demonoliths are susceptible to Silence so they can't do anything but Claw you.

Yeah I do use silence buster on the demonoliths. As for the spirits, I'll try provoke. My other problem is I'm swapping everyone in and out to give them the xp. I'd probably be fine if I was just trying to kill them as fast as possible.

Ourobolus

Banned
Taking Lulu and Kimahri through the Sphere Grid shows me just how much I used them...and it's sad.

Almost done, then to grind out a few more Fortune Spheres, then off to Penance!

I suppose I'll revert to my old save before I started grinding to actually beat the game at some point, too. :p

I wouldn't go through Omega Ruins without No Enc. The encounter rate there is absurdly high. I did most of my capping beside the save point.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Juat won the Attack Reels for Wakka and now working on Status reels for him in the League. I've learned that when it comes to the goddamn Psyches, the tricks is the play the game like your very first game with the Goers: Rush in and score once, then spend the rest of the game playing keep away.

Are there dresspheres in X-2 that are essential and others that aren't all that usefull? Gunner seems like a pretty weak dressphere and I hate to spend time grinding with it if I don't need to. Especially when I'd be neglecting spheres that seem more important like black and white mage.

Levyne

Banned
Are there dresspheres in X-2 that are essential and others that aren't all that usefull? Gunner seems like a pretty weak dressphere and I hate to spend time grinding with it if I don't need to. Especially when I'd be neglecting spheres that seem more important like black and white mage.

Off the top of my head, I would say Trainer, Black Mage, and Samurai were not very useful.

Dark Knight, Gun Mage, Alchemist, and Berserker I found pretty great.

Obviously Mascot is also very good.

krae_man

I wouldn't go through Omega Ruins without No Enc. The encounter rate there is absurdly high. I did most of my capping beside the save point.

Oh I have that. I was planning on using it to run back to the save point when I ran low on mp, but looks like I need to go back more often. Also, I'd rather get the random enconters while exploring the cave instead of just running around the save point for 2 hours then just going through the entire thing with no encounters on. I find leveling less fun when I'm not exploring.

MSMrRound

Here's the thing: IMO, when you are in the Omega Ruins, it's better to concentrate on the three main party members that you are using, make them such that they are strong enough to tackle the Monster Arena. From there, hunt One-Eye for Triple AP weapons. The rest can catch up on Sphere Level quickly with the Don Tonberry trick.

Balphon

I never found much use for Warrior myself. Trainer also shows up way too late in the game to be of use.

Alternatively, Gun Mage is very helpful once you learn a few blue bullets. And Paine's Festivalist is great, particularly in the earlier chapters.

Off the top of my head, I would say Trainer, Black Mage, and Samurai were not very useful.

Dark Knight, Gun Mage, Alchemist, and Berserker I found pretty great.

Obviously Mascot is also very good.

I never found much use for Warrior myself. Trainer also shows up way too late in the game to be of use.

Alternatively, Gun Mage is very helpful once you learn a few blue bullets. And Paine's Festivalist is great, particularly in the earlier chapters.

Thanks.

OmegaDL50

You might want to master Warrior for Yuna though, just so she has access to her elemental sword attacks for her Mascot Dressphere.

Outside of Dark Knight's Black Sky, and Moogle Beam, the Elemental Sword moves are her only means of doing damage when using Mascot.

Also learning Warrior's Sentinel to unlock and learn SOS Protect is required to unlock the special attack and Ribbon ability for the Mascot for all three girls.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
How long is blitzball gonna take me if I don't want to do the Reset Data trick? Playing an entire Tournament for an Elixer ain't gonna fly.

Flandy

I wish there was an option to automatically activate there spheres if I had the required spheres while I passed them. It's taking forever to activate all these spheres x_x

How long is blitzball gonna take me if I don't want to do the Reset Data trick? Playing an entire Tournament for an Elixer ain't gonna fly.

Your entire life. You might as well quit now since you'll never finish it.
I'm going to win our race

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I wish there was an option to automatically activate there spheres if I had the required spheres while I passed them. It's taking forever to activate all these spheres x_x
Your entire life. You might as well quit now since you'll never finish it.
I'm going to win our race
I mean, after this Blitzball thing, it's just grinding Gil and Exp. And I can do that much faster than you can I bet.
A day or two.
In amount of matches please.

Saphirax

I mean, after this Blitzball thing, it's just grinding Gil and Exp. And I can do that much faster than you can I bet.

Tournament - 3 games
League - 8-10 games (I believe)

You need to win 2 Tournaments and two Leagues to get all Wakka's reels and his sigil. That would be if you were going to Reset Data. Since you're not going that route, you'll need to play more League games.

Tournament prizes you can reset by exiting out of the blitzball menu 3 times, so that's no problem. League...you may end up doing 4 or more times.

Flandy

Getting your agility higher than 170 is pointless - you get no benefits. Also, ignore evasion. There's no need to raise it.

You should raise your Accuracy to 255 though.
Too late for that :lol Have maxed out all skills except MDef, Magic, and Luck. Currently working on MDef

Real talk. It'll be faster if you reset the team data so you can reset the prizes. If you do it like that it's like 26 matches total. That's assuming you power up Wakkas Celestial weapon anyway. You should because it's really useful with Attack Reels

Holmes

6soDUx9.png

It was a pleasure playing along with you all. Let's all hope for FFXII IZJS HD. Cheers, everyone!

Tiu Neo

Ugh, did the Remiem Temple Chest Run yesterday. What did we players do to whoever created X's minigames? Between this, butterfly catching and lightning dodging, s/he really hate us. D:

Now, just maxing the sphere grid and some optional bosses remaining.

Jolkien

Just got my FFX Platinum. I'll start X-2 next week-end. Anything to watch out for ? I'll be following the Brady Guide (was on sale at 10$) since I heard the game completion % is very easy to miss some things.

Fought One Eye. Cast all the buffs and get wiped by 11k damage to everyone. I thought I needed a lot more grinding just to farm Triple AP weapons on him. Looked up the wiki and found he only had 150k HP, so I just two shot him the next try. So much gil selling excess Triple AP weapons. Super easy MDef spheres. Love it!

Uuugh still have Gagazet and Calm Lands before I get Clear Spheres. I wanna focus on stat maxing already.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm 39 years old and I don't know if my reflexes have gone to shit in the last 12 years or not, but there is no way in hell I'll be able to dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row. This morning I kept trying and in roughly 30 minutes I was able to dodge TWO lightning bolts. Then I thought since my HDTV has a slight lag maybe it's making the process incredibly difficult so I transferred my save to the Vita to try it on that machine instead. SAME RESULT. I would dodge maybe like 1 lightning bolt out of every 30 that came down. I have no idea how I was able to do this 12 years ago.

So my question is this. Are there ANY strategies, anything that can make the process easier?

Jisgsaw

I'm 39 years old and I don't know if my reflexes have gone to shit in the last 12 years or not, but there is no way in hell I'll be able to dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row. This morning I kept trying and in roughly 30 minutes I was able to dodge TWO lightning bolts. Then I thought since my HDTV has a slight lag maybe it's making the process incredibly difficult so I transferred my save to the Vita to try it on that machine instead. SAME RESULT. I would dodge maybe like 1 lightning bolt out of every 30 that came down. I have no idea how I was able to do this 12 years ago.

So my question is this. Are there ANY strategies, anything that can make the process easier?

Well, of course there is, it'd be insane otherwise.

OmegaDL50

In the creature creature arena, does Mega Tonberry appear alone?

Yes, which makes the easier to get Cry in the Night compared to the original FFX-2 release which didn't have an arena. You could basically hunt Tonberries until one Oversouls then run away and fight the single Mega Tonberry in the Arena to rig the results for the Blue Bullet in your favor.

You need to beat Grand Cup: Hard 3 times. After that Shady Duo, Tonberry the Ripper, and Areq & Arroja are added to the roster of tournament matches from that point on.

Thankfully for a monster to appear in the battle simulator you don't need to beat them in the Tournament, just encounter them. Win or Lose they'll show up, the exception being the tournaments that give a game over.

Atlantis

I wouldn't worry too much about leveling the 'wrong' Dressphere. Sure, some spheres are better than others, but almost everything brings something unique and useful to the party. At the same time, a lot of the spheres have just a few good abilities surrounded by filler or their usefulness is because of their stats instead of abilities, so you're not really dependent on maxing out a sphere to get the most out of it.

Regardless, like others have said Trainer and Festivalist feel a bit weak to me. Paine's versions of both spheres are probably the most useful.

Top Bottom