• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Squire

Banned
Aaaaaaaahhhhh SO SATISFYING

We beat
Sin
before his OD gauge was even half-full.

Going to use this on the last
Seymour
and the final boss.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh wooooooow just WOW

Ran into Malboro on my way back to the save sphere after getting the Sun sigil. if I didn't have Sonic steel on Tidus he would have most likely sent me right to the game over screen.

Fuck you, Square, you trolling assholes. Man, I would have been pissed. :|

entremet

I was attacked by a super powered Valefor after getting the airship and going back to Besaid.

What a rude awakening. I don't remember this from the original.

XJF

I was attacked by a super powered Valefor after getting the airship and going back to Besaid.

What a rude awakening. I don't remember this from the original.
That's the first of the Dark Aeons, superbosses in the International version of the game.

Squire

Banned
Decided to tear through the rest of the game tonight and finish. The ending still defines bittersweet. It's so sad, but so satisfying and happy.

SE did a great job remastering FFX. I guess I'll start X-2 at some point this week.

SirNinja

You're actually better off farming Penance's arms or Dark Yojimbo, for Master Spheres, IIRC. Can't remember which though.

They're a rare drop from both.

Oh wooooooow just WOW

Ran into Malboro on my way back to the save sphere after getting the Sun sigil. if I didn't have Sonic steel on Tidus he would have most likely sent me right to the game over screen.

Fuck you, Square, you trolling assholes. Man, I would have been pissed. :|

Hehe...just wait till you get to Omega Ruins. Square has not yet begun to troll. >:)

Joni

I don't even have Yojimbo yet. I assume I can get him without having to first fight Dark Yojimbo?
Oh yeah. Dark Y only appears after you get Yojimbo. So in that case, make sure you catch 10 of each in the cavern before getting Y. Then there is no risk of running into Dark Y.

So, I got the 99 stamina tonics you get for retrieving all three Besaid monsters for the arena. I assume there are similar rewards for getting a full set of monsters for each area, but I can't find them listed anywhere. I only knew about the stamina tonics because I'd read a Neoseeker post that mentioned them, specifically.

Anyone have a guide/list?
GameFAQs has dozens of guides with that info.

Flandy

Oh yeah. Dark Y only appears after you get Yojimbo. So in that case, make sure you catch 10 of each in the cavern before getting Y. Then there is no risk of running into Dark Y.

Dark Yojimbo is super easy to avoid. All you have to do is not go any further than the save point at the top of the map

Inotti

Aww yes! Finally got Sun Sigil and shortly after that I got Venus Sigil. I still hate Chocobo Catcher so much that I feel that the guy who made it should be forced to play it for 12h a day for a week so he would feel all the pain he caused to others. :D Getting 0:0.0 and Turbo Ether for a prize was a cruel though... Who really thought that it was a good idea that you have to have below 0:0.0 to get Sun Sigil? I'm glad that I don't ever have to play that minigame again!

the3ye

I read R3 and R1 cloud saves are compatible on both PS3 and Vita, but why can't I transfer my R2(EU) PS3 to R1(NA) Vita saves :( What a stupid region lock...

bump for new page. Any ideas how to bypass this? Google says: use Bruteforce Save Data to change save region. When I do it, my PS3 game doesn't recognize this save anymore. It's not corrupted, it's from the other region so game doesn't see it.

ZeroX03

Banned
bump for new page. Any ideas how to bypass this? Google says: use Bruteforce Save Data to change save region. When I do it, my PS3 game doesn't recognize this save anymore. It's not corrupted, it's from the other region so game doesn't see it.

You shouldn't have bought different regions. The way that you bypass the region lock on the saves is to use CFW to switch Japanese to English, as the game chooses the save region based on the language. There is no way to go from EU to NA as far as I know.

entremet

That's the first of the Dark Aeons, superbosses in the International version of the game.

I heard of them, but I thought there were optional lol. Guess not. I wanted to go back to Besaid to get a missed Al Bhed primer, Jecht Sphere, and Valefor's second Overdrive.

Arthea

I finished FFX, decided I don't have time and patience to max grids yet again, I'll probably never do that, did anything else, except chocobo catcher for 0.0 time, after my initial 3 hour long fiasco I had one run where I had a chance to get it, but it was screwed by my chocobo getting triple hit by birdies and I had no heart to get back to it after.

moved onto FFX-2 and does it look gorgeous or what? Is it me or it looks even better than FFX in remasters?

Aww yes! Finally got Sun Sigil and shortly after that I got Venus Sigil. I still hate Chocobo Catcher so much that I feel that the guy who made it should be forced to play it for 12h a day for a week so he would feel all the pain he caused to others. :D Getting 0:0.0 and Turbo Ether for a prize was a cruel though... Who really thought that it was a good idea that you have to have below 0:0.0 to get Sun Sigil? I'm glad that I don't ever have to play that minigame again!

what would I do to person that thought Chocobo catcher for 0.0 is a good thing, no horror movie can show that

Finally maxed out all the sphere grids, so I went to start taking out the Dark Aeons and first try Dark Valefor drops armour containing both Break HP limit and Ribbon for Tidus. But God still hates me, because it was only 3 slot armour... :p
Wondering if I should keep it or reload and go for something with 4 slots...
Or can I farm good armour from Dark Yojimbo?

Arthea

Finally maxed out all the sphere grids, so I went to start taking out the Dark Aeons and first try Dark Valefor drops armour containing both Break HP limit and Ribbon for Tidus. But God still hates me, because it was only 3 slot armour... :p
Wondering if I should keep it or reload and go for something with 4 slots,.,

I killed Dark V many times, until I got really badly bored, I didn't get ribbon even once!
Actually after killing all Darkies, Dark V and Y (especially) many times over, like really many times over, I had 2 armours with ribbons. But I wouldn't use that as indication, because I usually have legendary "luck".
So you saying that God hates you after getting ribbon from the first try will cost you in grand scheme of things, if there is a god (><)

I killed Dark V many times, until I got really badly bored, I didn't get ribbon even once!
Actually after killing all Darkies, Dark V and Y (especially) many times over, like really many times over, I had 2 armours with ribbons. But I wouldn't use that as indication, because I usually have legendary "luck".
So you saying that God hates you after getting ribbon from the first try will cost you in grand scheme of things, if there is a god (><)
There is definitely no god, after posting that I reloaded my game with the intent of trying again and I'd forgotten to save... :p
I guess that's why greed is a deadly sin.

Note: I'm not actually a religious person.

Arthea

There is definitely no god, after posting that I reloaded my game with the intent of trying again and I'd forgotten to save... :p
I guess that's why greed is a deadly sin.

Note: I'm not actually a religious person.

well, let's call it karma then! (><)
it sucks, but if you got it from the first try, you probably will get it again, good luck!

You're actually better off farming Penance's arms or Dark Yojimbo, for Master Spheres, IIRC. Can't remember which though.

You can bribe Attribute Spheres from Maelspike @ 100k ea. At least one Ally has to have already activated it though.

Not really any more efficient than Loner SnD Tidus EE method, but works if you've got gil to burn by the millions.

Finished my perfect sphere grid. 255 in all stats excluding evasion and accuracy, 999 MP and 99999 HP. Only had Wakka, Tidus, Rikku, and Yuna fill it out.
All that grinding gave me the materials for ribbon armor Wakka and Rikku, just need a dark aeon to drop one for Tidus now. Thus begins the Yojimbo grind.

Dark Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva went down pretty fast. I have a feeling Bahamut, Anima, and the Magus Sisters will give me more trouble.

Jolkien

Finished my perfect sphere grid. 255 in all stats excluding evasion and accuracy, 999 MP and 99999 HP. Only had Wakka, Tidus, Rikku, and Yuna fill it out.
All that grinding gave me the materials for ribbon armor Wakka and Rikku, just need a dark aeon to drop one for Tidus now. Thus begins the Yojimbo grind.

Dark Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva went down pretty fast. I have a feeling Bahamut, Anima, and the Magus Sisters will give me more trouble.

I just used the normal grid and got to like 120 luck and I pretty much obliterated them. You'll overpower them so much it wont even be funny :p

Jolkien

What's the best combination for armour anyway? Ribbon, auto-haste, auto-phoenix and break HP limit?

For Penance to survive without BHPL you need:

Auto-Protect
Defense + 20% (With 255 Defense)
And I used Auto-Potion (With only X-Potion)
Auto-Haste

If you go for break HP limit you need Auto-Regen. Your fine with 9999HP. You need to use Cheer 5 times against Yojimbo and Penance and nothing will hit for over max HP.

Ourobolus

Banned
If you go for break HP limit you need Auto-Regen. Your fine with 9999HP. You need to use Cheer 5 times against Yojimbo and Penance and nothing will hit for over max HP.

A quick way to do this is to use Rikku's Ultra NulAll Mix. Casts 5x Cheer, 5x Focus, 5x Aim, 5x Reflex, NulBlaze, NulShock, NulTide and NulFrost on all allies.

Arthea

That you don't need to fill all the empty nodes... But I'm pretty sure the answer is not what I would like to hear. *sigh*

Why do you think I haven't done it? Care to guess?
ya, you have to fill all nodes and activate them, I don't know how some people did it so fast in this thread, I takes ages and I have better things to do, like playing X-2, for example (><)

Maxim726X

Question- I didn't get the Al Bhed primers that disappear if they aren't found.

Can I just download a save that has them and bring them over via the spheres in the travel agencies?

Question- I didn't get the Al Bhed primers that disappear if they aren't found.

Can I just download a save that has them and bring them over via the spheres in the travel agencies?

Yep.

EDIT: Well, not really. I don't think you can download saves for Vita/PS3 without CFW, but you can start another game, get the ones you missed, and import them using the sphere. Or any other save you might have prior to them disappearing. If you missed the ones in Home, then you're boned unless you import them. All others can be found elsewhere in the world.

Saphirax

Yep.

EDIT: Well, not really. I don't think you can download saves for Vita/PS3 without CFW, but you can start another game, get the ones you missed, and import them using the sphere. Or any other save you might have prior to them disappearing. If you missed the ones in Home, then you're boned unless you import them. All others can be found elsewhere in the world.

The one in Bevelle is missable as well.

Maxim726X

Yep.

Shit... Is the cutscene with Tidus and Yuna before that? Because I think I may have a save around there.

Shit... Is the cutscene with Tidus and Yuna before that? Because I think I may have a save around there.

Yes. You go to Bikanel/Home after you get Shiva/fight Seymour 1/fall through Lake Macalania.

EDIT: Wait. God dammit. You go to Macalania Woods so many damn times it just keeps looping. I can't remember if that's before or after Bevelle now.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why do you think I haven't done it? Care to guess?
ya, you have to fill all nodes and activate them, I don't know how some people did it so fast in this thread, I takes ages and I have better things to do, like playing X-2, for example (><)

I thought you didn't consider all this to be grinding :V

Arthea

I thought you didn't consider all this to be grinding :V

Maxing the grid? Why wouldn't I consider it? If it was not grinding, I would have done it when I played first time even (><)
If you talk about argument of fighting Darkies, I did it without maxing the grid this time too. It's not necessary, as I keep repeating.

Who the hell will be insane enough to teach Coward to everyone? I'm very nearly done with capturing monsters and I JUST got Coward for Tidus who does the Flee all the time. Why are the requirements so high? It's impossible to get several of them without trying.

Jolkien

So I just started X-2 aiming for the platinum as well. Just to be sure if someone finished it before me and still watch this topic, the Creature Capture portion of the game is not needed at all ? Beside releasing 1 monster to see their Fiend Tales ?

Sounds so long it could be a game on it's own.

edit: If someone else wonder I checked playstation trophies message board and it's not needed. Hurray !

daoster

So any tips for FFX's final boss? (
Braska's Final Aeon
). I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with it considering I found
Seymour and Yunalesca
, the supposedly "tough story bosses" to be super easy.

Most of my strong Aeons are already Overdrived for the second form too, and I have Yuna's Overdrive ready for the second form as well. But it just seems like the second form is wayyy quicker than my characters.

Ourobolus

Banned
So any tips for FFX's final boss? (
Braska's Final Aeon
). I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with it considering I found
Seymour and Yunalesca
, the supposedly "tough story bosses" to be super easy.

Most of my strong Aeons are already Overdrived for the second form too, and I have Yuna's Overdrive ready for the second form as well. But it just seems like the second form is wayyy quicker than my characters.

His attacks delay your turns a bit, which is why he seems faster. I don't find that fight terribly difficult - just make sure you are buffed with Haste, Protect, etc. Auto-Life, if you have it, helps too.

krae_man

I just used Delta Attack and that pretty much killed him.

Then again, I think I was way, way over leveled by the time I got there. Seymour only got one attack in before being killed.

daoster

His attacks delay your turns a bit, which is why he seems faster. I don't find that fight terribly difficult - just make sure you are buffed with Haste, Protect, etc. Auto-Life, if you have it, helps too.

Don't have Auto-Life. I wonder if I should grind Yuna to get it, but I kind of just want to be over this game at this point =\. It doesn't help that Yuna and/or Lulu is one shotted if they're attacked physically by this boss. I think I tried like 5 times now, and it's a pain especially with the cutscenes and all that.

Ourobolus

Banned
Don't have Auto-Life. I wonder if I should grind Yuna to get it, but I kind of just want to be over this game at this point =\. It doesn't help that Yuna and/or Lulu is one shotted if they're attacked physically by this boss. I think I tried like 5 times now, and it's a pain especially with the cutscenes and all that.

Even with buffs? What about Tidus/Auron/Wakka/Rikku?

Top Bottom