• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

Use Anima. Pain is a magical attack that uses the Strength stat to determine damage, and it pierces the Flan's defence.

If you have Mug, use it. Nemesis doesn't counter when mugged.

I tried using Anime but it got killed in a single turn :(

Thanks for the tip, but I think I've already grinded out all the level 4 key spheres I need. On the bright side I had reduced the steps to Shell>Steal>Flee

Thorgal

Guys, 2 questions about Besaid for late-game.

1. How do I get to the treasure chests up on the machine? I think its an airship search or password but I forget.

2. I am only finding Dingos, Water Flans, and Condors to capture. Where can I find the fourth one?

with the airship search at coordinates X=29-32, Y= 73-76

Flandy

Or you just give up on MAG, which isn't that usefull of a stat anyway, what with the Celestial Weapons and all that.

I wasn't going to grind Magic. I just wanted some Magic spheres so I could kill the Flan :lol Once I killed the Flan I had no use for them.

Going to grind luck all day today though @___@ What was the minimum again if I'm going Zanmato everything but Dark Yojimbo? 64 luck and 5 Aims or something?

Saphirax

I wasn't going to grind Magic. I just wanted some Magic spheres so I could kill the Flan :lol Once I killed the Flan I had no use for them.

Going to grind luck all day today though @___@ What was the minimum again if I'm going Zanmato everything but Dark Yojimbo? 64 luck and 5 Aims or something?

I had to Zanmato the Flan and Neslug...:D.

You can have lower luck, I had 50 something luck when I beat DY.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just finished FFX for the 5/6th time in my life and it's still a masterpiece.

The ending just hits every emotional nerve.

The most artistically beautiful worlds ever created brought to life through a soundtrack of genius.

Ourobolus

Banned
I still have yet to use Yojimbo.

Can someone explain to me how I separate the Dark Magus Sisters? I can't watch video right now, and I can't seem to find a detailed explanation anywhere. I tried to turn left into the command center area, and even though only one person followed me there I still ended up fighting all 3.

EDIT: F it. Taking them on all at once.
Woohoo! Done.

Now Dark Yojimbo and Penance are all that is left.
Is it helpful to get Ribbon on everyone for Penance (i.e., should I grind armor from Yojimbo) or are two people with auto haste/protect/Phoenix and def 20, plus one with the same except ribbon enough?

Welp,

Turns out I forgot to teach Kimahri Comrade mode.

What's the absolute fastest way to grind that shit out?

Go to Besaid, find a flan(s). Haste flan. Provoke with Tidus (or whoever). Escape with your third party member, mash triangle.

You could also slow your 2 characters for faster process.

Remember you cannot learn OD modes at the monster arena.

Squire

Banned
Played up through the Calm Lands/Mt. Gagazet/Seymour Flux.

I'm hoping I can get Double Cast before fighting Yunalesca. Lulu is already rather close to it.

HeelPower

Just finished FFX for the 5/6th time in my life and it's still a masterpiece.

The ending just hits every emotional nerve.

The most artistically beautiful worlds ever created brought to life through a soundtrack of genius.

The music is unbelievable in this game.

I honestly didn't expect the ending to be so powerful yet again!

The ending was one of the very few endings that I would never change anything about.Its such a powerful full stop to everything in the story.

This is why X-2 is such a blasphemous game.(story wise)

How many clear spheres should I buy to clear out the luck spheres that are less than +4?
I'd like to know the same thing.
The music is unbelievable in this game.

I honestly didn't expect the ending to be so powerful yet again!

The ending was one of the very few endings that I would never change anything about.Its such a powerful full stop to everything in the story.

This is why X-2 is such a blasphemous game.(story wise)

I agree so much! I literally started crying during the end after playing through the hd collection even after watching the ending lots of times when I was younger, extremely powerful!

Saphirax

How many clear spheres should I buy to clear out the luck spheres that are less than +4?

Aren't you going for the Zanmato route? Not sure why you'd want to clear Luck spheres and not any other useless spheres (such as magic defense, defense etc - since you're probably overcapped). Clearing Luck spheres makes it so you need to farm even more of them. Not worth it.

Aren't you going for the Zanmato route? Not sure why you'd want to clear Luck spheres and not any other useless spheres (such as magic defense, defense etc - since you're probably overcapped). Clearing Luck spheres makes it so you need to farm even more of them. Not worth it.

I also plan on going the Zanmatou route, but I'd still like to clear out those +1 or +2 Luck spheres because I have to farm 7 Fortune spheres for each of those when I could replace those easily with +4 luck spheres. Farming 5 or 6 luck spheres is so much less tedious than farming 20 fortune spheres.

welp looks like im not beating X2
whos bright idea was it to put them in a fucking triangle formation
guess i just dont like ATB(its too slow)
welp back to Yakuza and Tales i guess

Saphirax

I also plan on going the Zanmatou route, but I'd still like to clear out those +1 or +2 Luck spheres because I have to farm 7 Fortune spheres for each of those when I could replace those easily with +4 luck spheres. Farming 5 or 6 luck spheres is so much less tedious than farming 20 fortune spheres.

I think I only ever used 2 Luck spheres. Got my luck to 50~ and never bothered with more. (I think at least one of my characters had exactly 50 Luck)

I think I only ever used 2 Luck spheres. Got my luck to 50~ and never bothered with more. (I think at least one of my characters had exactly 50 Luck)

I'll try to bring it to ~60-70, shouldn't be too much of a farm but should enable me to kill dark youjinbo without too much pain.

Saphirax

I'll try to bring it to ~60-70, shouldn't be too much of a farm but should enable me to kill dark youjinbo without too much pain.

I had zero issues killing him. I just used Aim x5 and I don't think I missed more than twice during the 5 times I fought him.

I found luck farming extremely tedious. Try killing him with around 50 luck, you've got nothing to lose and if you suceed it'll save you some time.

I had zero issues killing him. I just used Aim x5 and I don't think I missed more than twice during the 5 times I fought him.

I found luck farming extremely tedious. Try killing him with around 50 luck, you've got nothing to lose and if you suceed it'll save you some time.

Alright I'll try, thanks for the hint :)

aett

Anyone got any tips for the Youth League cup? I've tried various combinations of Yuna/Rikku/Paine/Tonberry/Machina Hunter/Chocobo and my characters are around level 72. I've managed to beat a couple of the weaker guys but Gippal ends up beating me when he spams Mortar and I can never properly heal up after Nooj uses Lightfall. Each character is using at LEAST one accessory to double their HP so they have over 5000 for Lightfall, not that it matters that much.

Flandy

I was planning on raising my luck to 50 or 60 so I could do the Aim x 5 thing. But I never considered that there might be a save point in between those battles. Is there a save point? If there is I'll stop doing this lol. Can you get into other battles in that area so I can charge Yunas OD in between battles? If there isn't I suppose I could entrust my parties OD onto her

Saphirax

I was planning on raising my luck to 50 or 60 so I could do the Aim x 5 thing. But I never considered that there might be a save point in between those battles. Is there a save point? If there is I'll stop doing this lol. Can you get into other battles in that area so I can charge Yunas OD in between battles? If there isn't I suppose I could entrust my parties OD onto her

You can save, but it's useless. If you die you'll have to defeat him 5 times all over again.

Good news is that you can get into other battles!

Flandy

You can save, but it's useless. If you die you'll have to defeat him 5 times all over again.

Good news is that you can get into other battles!

Welp. Back to farming Earth Eater then :x

edit: I just realized. I only need to grind Luck for 3 characters don't I? Once I beat Dark Yojimbo I could just clear out those Luck Spheres since I won't need then anymore. Right?

HeelPower

I think I am gonna use the magus sisters to kick earth eater's ass...since,like many monster arena creatures, I obviously can't beat him with my regular party.

I think I am gonna use the magus sisters to kick earth eater's ass...since,like many monster arena creatures, I obviously can't beat him with my regular party.
As long as you have a party of three that do 99999 damage, with auto pheonix on at least two of them it's almost impossible not to beat him.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yojimbo wasn't too bad. Tidus had ~240 Luck, Wakka had about ~100 Luck, and Yuna had the minimum. Quick Hits + Attack Reels (and 5x Cheer) made short work of him.

Now for Penance.

Is Luck necessary for Penance? Or would it be all right to fill in everything with MDEF?

Atlantis

Yojimbo wasn't too bad. Tidus had ~240 Luck, Wakka had about ~100 Luck, and Yuna had the minimum. Quick Hits + Attack Reels (and 5x Cheer) made short work of him.

Now for Penance.

Is Luck necessary for Penance? Or would it be all right to fill in everything with MDEF?

Yes, you need some, but your current Luck stat is more than fine. If Yuna is at the minimum for Dark Aeons (60 or so) you're gonna want to bump her up to 85.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes, you need some, but your current Luck stat is more than fine. If Yuna is at the minimum for Dark Aeons (60 or so) you're gonna want to bump her up to 85.
Cool. I'm gonna swap in Rikku so I can use Mixes to save time on Cheer-ing though. Hopefully I shouldn't need to use Aeon meat shields.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Just started the Blitzball minigame. I was having a blast until the third league match, when I went up against the Psyches...

Goddman those Al-Bhed. Goddamn them all to hell...

OmegaDL50

Just started the Blitzball minigame. I was having a blast until the third league match, when I went up against the Psyches...

Goddman those Al-Bhed. Goddamn them all to hell...

I think this the true reason Wakka hates the Al Bhed.
Not because his brother Chappu's death
, but because their Blitzball team statistically puts the Aurochs to shame.

Top Bottom