• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

clem84

Gold Member
Currently going through Omega Ruins with no encounter on just to map it out. How many platforms are there before the big fight? I've been fine so far but I get the feeling I'm not ready to take Omega on.

Between the second to last platform, and the last platform, the path goes up instead of going down. You'll also see when you get close. There's smoke coming out of the ground at the place where you'll encounter Omega. You'll have plenty of time to go back when you see it.

clem84

Gold Member
Karma is based on the amount of enemies that your character managed to defeat times 100 or so.

If Tidus/Wakka etc are your main attackers, it will be no surprise to see them getting hit by 99999 damage. Support characters like Yuna are better off using the Comrade overdrive mode (though if you are Don-Tonberrying, only your max attack character should attack...not sure why you are getting Yuna etc to hit him as well)

Oh I understand. I'll just use a char. from my party that has killed the most fiends to attack, to "feed" to other two that haven't killed many fiends. Thanks!

Diablos54

Between the second to last platform, and the last platform, the path goes up instead of going down. You'll also see when you get close. There's smoke coming out of the ground at the place where you'll encounter Omega. You'll have plenty of time to go back when you see it.
Yea just got there, thanks! Knew I was going to need first strike sooner or later, that damn Malboro would have done major damage if it weren't for Shooting Star!

Squire

Banned
So any tips for FFX's final boss? (
Braska's Final Aeon
). I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with it considering I found
Seymour and Yunalesca
, the supposedly "tough story bosses" to be super easy.

Most of my strong Aeons are already Overdrived for the second form too, and I have Yuna's Overdrive ready for the second form as well. But it just seems like the second form is wayyy quicker than my characters.

If you have any of the required items for it, use Rikku's overdrive to create a move called "Trio of 9999". This will make all your characters attacks hit for 9,999 (the damage limit). Use this in conjunction with Hastega (to maximize turn count) and Rikku's Use items (like any elemental gems) and you can rush through both forms in like two turns. At this point you don't even need good weaponry or Overdrives.

The most common way to mix this is 2x Door to Tomorrow.

Flandy

Don Tonberry -> Sphere Grid -> Kottos -> Don Tonberry -> Sphere Grid -> Kottos -> Don Tonberry -> Sphere Grid -> Kottos -> Don Tonberry -> Sphere Grid -> Kottos -> Don Tonberry -> Sphere Grid -> Kottos -> Don Tonberry -> Sphere Grid -> Kottos ->

This gets old after a while :\

Balphon

I wrote a trophy guide and roadmap on playstationtrophies.org for X-2, if anyone wants info and advice on how to platinum the game. Since no one else was doing it, I decided to. I will submit it once I've gone over it another few hundred times and hopefully get screenshots from the game for some trophies.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...inal-fantasy-x-2-hd-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Looks great. One comment I'd make is that your method for getting the Treasure Hunter trophy requires fighting Precepts Guard and Georapella way more than is necessary. If you primarily use the tower you have labelled as "tower 5" to move the platforms you shouldn't have to fight either of them more than once each.

Holmes

Looks great. One comment I'd make is that your method for getting the Treasure Hunter trophy requires fighting Precepts Guard and Georapella way more than is necessary. If you primarily use the tower you have labelled as "tower 5" to move the platforms you shouldn't have to fight either of them more than once each.
Yeah, for step 6, activating tower 5 would be faster than fighting Georapella three times. I should probably revise that. But I was very conservative with my instructions instead of having the person following them run all over from tower to tower. I know when I was trying to figure it out, I messed up on which tower was which and made a wrong move a few times.

XJF

Guys, where is the best area at Mushroom Rock to spawn Garuda? :(

Area directly after the "Zig Zag" part of the road. The same area with the sideways "U" elevator that takes you to the base camp. They also spawn on the Zig-Zag section as well.

Manarola

Banned
So this is my first time through FFX - as I said earlier, I'm at the part where I just beat
Yunalesca
. Someone suggested I try the Omega ruins to level, but it's getting too easy for me now. What's the next step up?

Atlantis

So this is my first time through FFX - as I said earlier, I'm at the part where I just beat
Yunalesca
. Someone suggested I try the Omega ruins to level, but it's getting too easy for me now. What's the next step up?

Beating the game.

Then you reload your save and continue leveling
with the Don Tonberry trick.

FFX Platinum get!

AigcPog.gif

OmegaDL50

It's funny how some Oversoul enemies in FFX-2 are actually weaker then their normal counterparts.

Case in point with Mega Tonberry who would normally stab me to death repeatedly with Chef's Knife.

Just the simple change of him being Oversouled meant he just spammed significantly weaker attacks like Firaga, It allowed me to pick him apart slowly with Moogle Beam and Cactling Gun.

I also managed to get lucky enough to swap to a trio of Gun Mages when he had 1400 HP left to get Cry of the Night for all three. Bonus!

Although I'm still undecided if Cry in the Night is more powerful then Annihilator though, as they both basically do the same thing of massive full screen non-elemental damage.

I don't want to do this ever again.

All you rares: Ipiria, Gardua, Zu, Ogre, Ghost, Wraith, Demonolith, Varuna.... screw you.

Ochu, you get a special mention because you don't even appear in your listed area. Screw you.

ZeroX03

Banned
My point is that even with a 0 input lag, it's still hard as hell to hit Attack Reels. It's easier to just count in your head.

Playing on a gaming monitor and it's incredibly easy. Vita too. Only issue I've had was on my friend's 3D HDTV with a smoothening process run over top.

OmegaDL50

I never have a problem with Attack Reels.

I get pretty much get 12 hits 90% of the time, and this is on an HDTV with 8ms response time, which by input lag standards for twitch games like Ikaruga and Fighting Games with 1 frame moves is apparently a bad thing(?)

My only suggestion is on the last reel hit the button when the 1 is at the bottom of the screen and it will pretty much always land on x2 every single time.

I have gone around the entire grid for each character and went down the list of Area/Species creations, should i start maxing my stats to 255 now?

I tried Earth Eater but that fight is taking far too long to be efficient at the moment.

I have gone around the entire grid for each character and went down the list of Area/Species creations, should i start maxing my stats to 255 now?

I tried Earth Eater but that fight is taking far too long to be efficient at the moment.

Max your Strength and Magic Defense for 3 characters, then just mash X with Auto-Haste until he dies. It's the fastest way, and takes almost exactly 2 minutes per fight.

Squire

Banned
Started X-2 tonight. Ah, still so good. Damn @ that difficulty spike at Zanarkand Ruins though. I should be doing side quests so I can level before going there, right? I remember much less from X-2 than X.

Ourobolus

Banned
Double checking. Nothing can one shot me with max HP/DEF/MDEF/Cheer as long as I have protect/shell/def+20%? So no need for Auto Phoenix?

I would have gone with Auto-Potion instead of Shell, but basically you should be fine. Penance was only doing about 5-6k against my characters with 5x Cheer, DEF+20%, Protect, and Max DEF/MDEF/HP 9999.

So, I haven't played FFX since it first came out so obviously I forget a lot about it. I'm just wondering when I'll finally have some freedom to go back and explore and mostly grind.
I just got to the Zanarkand trials, I haven't done them yet I'm saved at the door. I'm really underleveled and using gear from 20 hours ago. I just want to get some freedom to find a grinding spot and then look for some gear before finishing the story =\

Darkone

Where the hell can i find Level 3 keys?\
I want to redeem monster i captured do i have to go all the way back or is the Arena in another place to be found?

Saphirax

So, I haven't played FFX since it first came out so obviously I forget a lot about it. I'm just wondering when I'll finally have some freedom to go back and explore and mostly grind.
I just got to the Zanarkand trials, I haven't done them yet I'm saved at the door. I'm really underleveled and using gear from 20 hours ago. I just want to get some freedom to find a grinding spot and then look for some gear before finishing the story =\

It opens up after Zanarkand. Using gear from the start of the game doesn't matter, since it's different in this game. Heck, I used Brotherhood until I got Tidus' celestial weapon. Plus, you're able to customise abilities on your gear if you have some free slots.

Best place for you to grind is actually Zanarkand itself.

I would have gone with Auto-Potion instead of Shell, but basically you should be fine. Penance was only doing about 5-6k against my characters with 5x Cheer, DEF+20%, Protect, and Max DEF/MDEF/HP 9999.

Judgement Day will still hit for 99999 damage.

It opens up after Zanarkand. Using gear from the start of the game doesn't matter, since it's different in this game. Heck, I used Brotherhood until I got Tidus' celestial weapon. Plus, you're able to customise abilities on your gear if you have some free slots.

Best place for you to grind is actually Zanarkand itself.

I'd recommend you go back and grind a bit if you feel underlevelled - or else the next couple of bosses might prove a struggle.

I'd at least recommend trying to get Yuna to learn Holy.

OmegaDL50

Double checking. Nothing can one shot me with max HP/DEF/MDEF/Cheer as long as I have protect/shell/def+20%? So no need for Auto Phoenix?

Auto-Shell is perhaps the worst ability to have on armor. A huge majority of all enemy attacks in the game do mostly physical damage. Replace it for Auto-Haste or Ribbon.

Shell does not just cut magic damage in half, but rather ALL magic effects that effect HP including Healing spells.

Ah, yeah. Forgot about that. But if you're facing Penance (and Zanmato for Yojimbo), the goal is to never let that happen since there is absolutely no way to defend against it, so I didn't even consider it.

Penance cannot use Judgement Day unless both of his arms are alive, similar to Perdition's Flame with Angra Mainyu in FFX-2. As long as one of his arms are out of commission and isn't revived Judgement Day isn't an issue.

Cornbread78

uugghh, I can;t stand this. I finally went back to do all the chocobo races in the temple and the Chocobo Catcher race and it's impossible.... I can't get the 5 chests and I can't get better than 17 sec. Thsi is stupid, WTF... such BS.. AARRGGHHHH

Ourobolus

Banned
uugghh, I can;t stand this. I finally went back to do all the chocobo races in the temple and the Chocobo Catcher race and it's impossible.... I can't get the 5 chests and I can't get better than 17 sec. Thsi is stupid, WTF... such BS.. AARRGGHHHH

If you're going for the trophy on the Remiem Chocobo race, remember that it's OK if you hit the poles.

Saphirax

Ah, yeah. Forgot about that. But if you're facing Penance (and Zanmato for Yojimbo), the goal is to never let that happen since there is absolutely no way to defend against it, so I didn't even consider it.

Summon an Aeon :p.

As for getting 5 chests - make sure you don't touch any of the edges as you run, it will slow you down.

Cornbread78

If you're going for the trophy on the Remiem Chocobo race, remember that it's OK if you hit the poles.

Summon an Aeon :p.

As for getting 5 chests - make sure you don't touch any of the edges as you run, it will slow you down.

I just can't get them before he gets to the end, even after watching the Youtube videos, I think my VITA hates me, it's impossible.... The same goes for the Chocobo Catcher. I think I've done it 100x now and regardless of what route I take, I get hit by a couple birds. I got about 9 baloons once and didn't get hit until right before I got to the finish line, then I got hit twice in a row before I could move.... such BS..

Dark Bahamut and Dark Magus Sisters down. Dark Bahamut's stupid full break on everyone counter was annoying. It was then I discovered that the four breaks statuses can be removed via dispel. The Magus Sisters were easier than I thought, even though I failed at running away and had to fight all 3 at once (with a pre-emptive strike). Focus fire on one sister at a time and summon an aeon for the overdrive.
Dark Yojimbo will be last since I can beat him no problem, which leaves Dark Anima. Not looking forward to that battle, mainly due to how long it will be.

Saphirax

I just can't get them before he gets to the end, even after watching the Youtube videos, I think my VITA hates me, it's impossible.... The same goes for the Chocobo Catcher. I think I've done it 100x now and regardless of what route I take, I get hit by a couple birds. I got about 9 baloons once and didn't get hit until right before I got to the finish line, then I got hit twice in a row before I could move.... such BS..

If it makes you feel better, you need more balloons. Think 13 (or 12) is the least you can get away with - but that race is luck based.

The chest one is mostly about movement. You need to be really careful not to touch any of the edges, if you do you'll lose. Basically you have to keep using the analog stick to steer the chocobo properly. Don't bother about the poles. I got 5 chests and the trophy and I touched 2 poles.

OmegaDL50

I thought Penance was bad, but FFX-2 International / HD takes the cake for having the worst super boss in an FF game, and I'm not talking about Trema or Almighty Shinra either. I'm talking about
Major Numerus
in the Fiend Arena.

It is a giant 4 headed Snake / Hydra that gets 4 turns per attack (one for each head), also the weakest head has 560,000 HP, while the strongest has 780,000 HP
Most of its attacks consist of extremely powerful spells and physical abilities such as Ultima, Flare, Meteor, Holy, and Fireworks and four special attacks
assigned to each head
Ladis, Mortus, Venom and Fulmen.

Penance doesn't compare because of the fact that Yojimbo exists and his Zanmato ability. The main issue stems from the fact Cat Nip was significantly nerfed. Yes it allows 9999 damage per hit with a character with critical HP, hence Trigger Happy + Cap Nip is no longer a viable strategy because the Cat Nip accessory also inflicts Slow and Berserk status. The Slow can be negated with Auto-Haste, however nothing negates the Berserk effect, not even a Ribbon.

This means FFX-2 does not have any massive damage multi-hitting attacks like Wakka's Attack Reels or highly reliable one-hit KO like Zanmato. Dark Sky could be possibility but Dark Knights don't have the inherent Auto-Protect and Shell that the Mascot has and wasting an accessory slot for Auto-Protect and giving up an DEF / HP Boosting Accessory like Iron Duke or Crystal Gloves or Bangles doesn't make up for the lack of cutting physical and magic attacks in half, that Auto-Protect and Shell provide.

Highroad Winds is a must for the First Strike because the boss usually opens up with Ladis, so needing to mix up a bunch of items just to survive the initial attack doesn't leave much flexibility in a diverse strategy. Sentinel does not block the uber attacks. And 2 Keys to Success will not help you dodge Fireworks, and the Songstress survivability isn't high enough to utilize Magical Masque. This makes fighting this boss a battle of attrition.

Fulmen isn't an issue because it's Lightning Elemental however, Ladis is the the worst as it does 30,000 damage (including Shell / Protect factored into the equation) to the entire party. Meaning having Break HP Limit, Break Damage Limit, Using a Stamina Tonic, followed by a Megalixer is required just to survive it, if you want to fight him the normal way.

The alternative is using the Mix Command with two Dark Matters to make a Miracle Drink which is basically the FF8 Holy War invincibility nonsense all over again, which basically removes the challenge making the fight one dimensional. There's no real way to beat the battle with finesse, you just need tons of HP to survive all the unavoidable attacks or cheese it using a full party invincibility potion and a Three Stars Item for 0 MP Cost and spam Paine's and Yuna's special Mascot attacks (Cactling Gun and Moogle Beam) while Rikku is designated Potion mixer for the entire fight. It's one hell of a challenge.

Take a couple races and just get a strong feeling for the controls. Touching the walls is going to make you fail, and the analog controls in FFX are remarkably terrible. It is 500% possible to do. Just don't worry about the poles and you'll be alright.

As far as the dirty birds go, you just have to keep trying. You need 13-14 balloons and can still get hit by 1 or 2 birds. It's almost entirely luck. Use the d-pad for this race, though.

Where the hell can i find Level 3 keys?\
I want to redeem monster i captured do i have to go all the way back or is the Arena in another place to be found?

Lvl. 3 keys can be bribed from Demonolith (found inside Sin and in Omega Ruins) for 900,000g for ~40 spheres. That's more than you ever need. Other than that, you should have a few leading up to Zanarkand Ruins. They are also a rare drop from Defender Z (Inside Sin, Omega Ruins, Zanarkand Ruins), but you only get 1 or 2 from them. The Monster Arena is only in the Calm Lands, but you can always fight an enemy you've captured if you want to Bribe items from it or farm for a drop, instead of roaming around waiting for a random encounter.

Nohar

Hmmm... GAF players, what are your thoughts about the remastered OST? I began to listen to it by curiosity, and I'm not quite convinced by what I'm hearing. The Remastered version of "A Fleeting Dream / Someday the Dream Will End" in particular made me cringe actually.
Edit: Well, that's definitly a mixed bag. I think they slaughtered some songs, but others are arguably improved.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hmmm... GAF players, what are your thoughts about the remastered OST? I began to listen to it by curiosity, and I'm not quite convinced by what I'm hearing. The Remastered version of "A Fleeting Dream / Someday the Dream Will End" in particular made me cringe actually.
Edit: Well, that's definitly a mixed bag. I think they slaughtered some songs, but others are arguably improved.

I actually really like it. I think there was one song I wasn't impressed by (can't remember off the top of my head), but overall I liked it. I was glad they improved the battle theme though. It's always been one of my least favorites.

ubercheez

8 fiends left to capture until I have 10 of everything, then it's full on grind mode. I've already traversed the entirety of the sphere grid with Tidus and Rikku, but I haven't started using Clear Nodes yet.

Might take a crack at some of the easier dark aeons. How tough is dark Yojimbo? I want to farm him for Ribbons.

Ourobolus

Banned
8 fiends left to capture until I have 10 of everything, then it's full on grind mode. I've already traversed the entirety of the sphere grid with Tidus and Rikku, but I haven't started using Clear Nodes yet.

Might take a crack at some of the easier dark aeons. How tough is dark Yojimbo? I want to farm him for Ribbons.

Not really. Three Attack Reels with max STR can knock him out.

Top Bottom