• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Just completely explored the Omega Ruins. Gained about 20+ levels all around. Then died to Breath cause I forgot to keep Wakka who has a Ribbon on in. I think I'm done for tonight. And for the next week. I'm not one to burn 3 hours and brush it off. I was basically done hunting too... I'm gonna go buy a game to get my mind off this.

No More Heroes : No Puzzles Either, here I come.

Same exact thing happened to me. Really infuriating

SirNinja

And if for some reason you don't believe or agree with me. I have but 2 words to say that will rear their ugly head when FFXII is HD'ified.

Zodiac Spear

If you're referring to the thing where the spear would disappear if you opened a few arbitrary chests: that was a bug, fixed in the International version. That's the good news. Bad news: the chest which contained the spear at the Necrohol of Nabudis was also taken out. The only way to get the spear in IZJS is by opening the ultra-rare chest in the Henne Mines.

Fortunately, however, the "random" number generator in FFXII isn't quite as random as Square would have people think...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
We could play TLoU to take your mind off it
If Only I read this earlier. I'm off to the sleep.

Same exact thing happened to me. Really infuriating
I'll go back eventually. I'll have to watch Doctor Who during it or something. I'm not so strong as to go through that twice.
If you're referring to the thing where the spear would disappear if you opened a few arbitrary chests: that was a bug, fixed in the International version. That's the good news. Bad news: the chest which contained the spear at the Necrohol of Nabudis was also taken out. The only way to get the spear in IZJS is by opening the ultra-rare chest in the Henne Mines.

Fortunately, however, the "random" number generator in FFXII isn't quite as random as Square would have you think...
A bug?
dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Or rather, I don't believe your source. Unless you have a link? =).

Oh god no !! Not RNG manipulation !! That's literally my most hated video game thing ever. Just something about the core concept and exactitude of it all just gets to me. I don't understand how or why people in Pokémon do it either. I hope in the Remaster they shuffle the numbers around. I know they'll cause hell for years to come, but fuck it. It'd rather flail around aimlessly for hundreds of hours than RNG Manipulation.

Also, FFXII had Monster Hunts where the monster only shows up during an unspecified time at an unspecified place. And the whole random chest system is fucked anyway. I remember doubling back in massive dungeon for a Blood Sword that had a 30% chance of spawning. Took me a whole day or so. I never even finished the game because I was stuck to an Internet guide the entire time trying to maximize effectiveness.

ubercheez

Just completely explored the Omega Ruins. Gained about 20+ levels all around. Then died to Breath cause I forgot to keep Wakka who has a Ribbon on in. I think I'm done for tonight. And for the next week. I'm not one to burn 3 hours and brush it off. I was basically done hunting too... I'm gonna go buy a game to get my mind off this.

No More Heroes : No Puzzles Either, here I come.

Same shit happened to me, except only an hour lost in my case. It still hurt. I don't blame you.

I just realized that I didn't use Rikkus Overdrive a single time apart from the mandatory tutorial

Same. Mix combines my dislike of trial-and-error guesses plus the use of rarer materials. Did anyone hoooonestly try getting all combinations without any reference?

Squire

Banned
Same. Mix combines my dislike of trial-and-error guesses plus the use of rarer materials. Did anyone hoooonestly try getting all combinations without any reference?

They have a PDF with all the possible combinations on the games old EU site and it's been up there for over ten years.

I don't think they expect reasonable e people to actually try to find every combo themselves.

FDC1

FFX:

I got my 7 APx3 weapons. If I'm correct, with materials I own,I can add Overdrivex3 to 3 weapons, Overdrivex2 to 3 other ones. What's did you do for the 7th caracther? Is it easy to loot materials for ODx3?

Ourobolus

Banned
FFX:

I got my 7 APx3 weapons. If I'm correct, with materials I own,I can add Overdrivex3 to 3 weapons, Overdrivex2 to 3 other ones. What's did you do for the 7th caracther? Is it easy to loot materials for ODx3?

You could get lucky and have a weapon drop from Ultima Buster that has Triple OD/OD->AP/Triple AP.

Other than that, you can get a Triple AP weapon from One-Eye, get 30x Winning Formulas by Bribing a Sandworm for 900,000 (TWICE for 15x each), and get 10x Doors to Tomorrow by Bribing a Mech Leader for 74,000 (5 TIMES, for 2x each).

You can also steal Doors to Tomorrow from Ultima Weapon if you haven't killed him yet. You steal 10x each time.

FDC1

You could get lucky and have a weapon drop from Ultima Buster that has Triple OD/OD->AP/Triple AP.

Other than that, you can get a Triple AP weapon from One-Eye, get 30x Winning Formulas by Bribing a Sandworm for 900,000 (TWICE for 15x each), and get 10x Doors to Tomorrow by Bribing a Mech Leader for 74,000 (5 TIMES, for 2x each).

You can also steal Doors to Tomorrow from Ultima Weapon if you haven't killed him yet. You steal 10x each time.

Thanks I will bribe a Sandworm, I got a ton of money by farming One-eye.

Arthea

I can't say, I would call X-2 a remaster. Monster catching and fighting changes everything. I suppose the game is twice as long now of not more. BTW, what max level do monsters have? I hope it's not 99 for all...

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I've yet to see an electronic piano that gives the same feel when you play it as a grand piano (granted, I never touched a Stainway, but I'd guess it's even better than the lousy ones I played on).

There are plenty but they get pretty high up on the price range. Yamaha makes some awesome stuff with weighted keys.

Jisgsaw

There are plenty but they get pretty high up on the price range. Yamaha makes some awesome stuff with weighted keys.

There's not just the touch, but also the sound you get in response. Even high end speakers will have a hard time to give the same feeling to the player as a grand piano. Or then they're pretty expensive and bulky, so no real advantage over a "real" piano.
Concerning the touch, I have a rather cheap Kawai, it's already pretty good.

But all that's pretty off-topic.

Anyone have a guide for who I need to recruit for Blitzball? I just want to get the reels and sigil. Not looking for level 99 teammates.

Brother, and Tidus with Jecht Shot.
And Brother.

If you want to play it safe, you could take Ropp and Wedge for defense (the latter being a good forward for a few levels), but that's really not necessary.

Edit: how to play it: Brother as midfielder, Tidus/Wedge as forward.
Have Brother get the ball, swim in circles to get all/the majority of the other team behind him, outswimm them, pass to a forward -> goal. After you score, either repeat all that, or just go hide behind your Goalie.
Only teams that could be hard: Al Bheds because of based Nimrock, Guados because of their speed.

Luigi87

Anyone have a guide for who I need to recruit for Blitzball? I just want to get the reels and sigil. Not looking for level 99 teammates.

Go to Luca Seaport, Square, and recruit Jumal for your goalie. [At least early BB levels] he's a free agent second only to Nimrook (who is contracted to Al Bhed Psyches for 24 games, and thus a pain to wait out). I recommend picking him up just to ensure you aren't scored on if the enemy team gets the ball and the game's RNG doesn't give you a chance to stop them.

Then just recruit Wakka and Brother, get a goal, and use glitch tactics for easy win.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's not just the touch, but also the sound you get in response. Even high end speakers will have a hard time to give the same feeling to the player as a grand piano. Or then they're pretty expensive and bulky, so no real advantage over a "real" piano.
Concerning the touch, I have a rather cheap Kawai, it's already pretty good.

But all that's pretty off-topic.

Well, my point of contention here is that in the end when you mic up a grand, the end result coming out of a pair of speakers after the music has been produced/mixed/etc is pretty much the same, and at that point the only thing that matters is how the instrument responds to the performer (weighted keys, etc)

You could make the argument that a player 'feels' better playing a grand and thus would give a better performance but from experience I've found this is rarely the case in practical situations, as professionals are professionals. (unless you're hiring some really special sensitive snowflake or something)

Of course, a real grand gives you a lot more options for actually getting different sounds out of different mic techniques, not to mention if you have a beautiful room to record it in putting a few mics in the far corners flat out beats impulse responses.

Jisgsaw

You could make the argument that a player 'feels' better playing a grand and thus would give a better performance but from experience I've found this is rarely the case in practical situations, as professionals are professionals. (unless you're hiring some really special sensitive snowflake or something)

That was my point.
But well, I'm far from a proffessional lol.
The feeling you get playing a grand piano vs. a good electrical one just always shocks me. But you're right, I guess for a proffessionnal, it shouldn't make a noticeable difference.

XJF

I feel like a pussy running from all these battles in the Via infinito for oversouling purposes lol

Got into a random battle while running pass a Mega Tonberry on one of the 61-79 floors. Almost had a heart attack.

clem84

Gold Member
I think I already know the answer to my question but if I missed out on bribing Ultima weapon 14000000 for 99 pendulums, am I screwed? There's no way to get that back right?

Ourobolus

Banned
I think I already know the answer to my answer but if I missed out on bribing Ultima weapon 14000000 for 99 pendulums, am I screwed? There's no way to get that back right?

Yep. You can bribe Master Tonberry, but it's expensive.
You can also win 30 by winning the Remiem Temple Race with 4 chests.

Luigi87

I noticed some people saying that you can "farm" Dark Yojimbo. How do you keep him around to where he's farmable?

In order to defeat DY, you need to beat him five consecutive times without leaving the Cavern, or reloading a save.
So beat him 3-4 times (saving each time just to be safe), then after the fourth, reload.

OmegaDL50

I noticed some people saying that you can "farm" Dark Yojimbo. How do you keep him around to where he's farmable?

You need to Kill Dark Yojimbo 5 times in a row to permanently finish him off.

Basically as long as you don't kill him the 5th time you can just leave the cave and the whole event sequence starts all over again with the Summoner in the back of the cave the next time you visit.

In order to defeat DY, you need to beat him five consecutive times without leaving the Cavern, or reloading a save.
So beat him 3-4 times (saving each time just to be safe), then after the fourth, reload.

Ohhhh I see. So he pops up 5 times when you try to walk out of the cavern? I noticed he came up when I tried to leave, but I was near the teleporter so I just took that and bounced haha.

Gila

So I'm pretty sure I got the Jecht Shot (I recieved the Striker trophy) and now I'm doing the first championship game against Luca Goers and Tidus doesn't have it equipped. I just finished the half and at the setting player tech screen and it doesn't show the jecht shot..

Am I missing something? Can he not use it for this first game or something?

Ourobolus

Banned
So I'm pretty sure I got the Jecht Shot (I recieved the Striker trophy) and now I'm doing the first championship game against Luca Goers and Tidus doesn't have it equipped. I just finished the half and at the setting player tech screen and it doesn't show the jecht shot..

Tidus needs to be Level 3 in order to use it. You can only add it after the first half, but he needs to earn some XP in the first half to level up.

XJF

You have to be level 3 to equip abilities. Tidus starts at level 2. So just pass the ball around for the first half of the match. Hopefully he levels at half-time and you can use it in the second half.

Arthea

Save/Reload resets the fights.

you don't need even save/reload, it takes really long in this version in FFX. I was just using teleport, killing him, teleporting back to cave entrance, leaving and entering again, this resets all thing too. The problem with this method that initial animation of Y appearing is rather long too...

Luigi87

Ohhhh I see. So he pops up 5 times when you try to walk out of the cavern? I noticed he came up when I tried to leave, but I was near the teleporter so I just took that and bounced haha.

Yeah, every time you beat him, the summoner runs away and you can give chase.
You have access to the save point within the cavern after you beat the first one (since every battle gets closer and close to the cavern's entrance).

Edit: And as Arthea stated, the best method is to outright leave the cavern and re-enter, as opposed to reloading.

garath

You have to be level 3 to equip abilities. Tidus starts at level 2. So just pass the ball around for the first half of the match. Hopefully he levels at half-time and you can use it in the second half.

Except Wakka replaces him early into the second half lol. I only got a chance to use the Jecht shot once in my game and somehow my break failed and it never actually happened. Still won

OmegaDL50

Except Wakka replaces him early into the second half lol. I only got a chance to use the Jecht shot once in my game and somehow my break failed and it never actually happened. Still won

Err, with the Jecht Shot you don't need to break unless there is 3 defenders on top of you.

Jecht Shot has a nifty aspect of completely ignoring any two defenders blocking your shot, it's that broken.

Which is why many recommend using it against the Goers because of it completely nullifies two blocking defenders.

garath

Err, with the Jecht Shot you don't need to break unless there is 3 defenders on top of you.

Jecht Shot has a nifty aspect of completely ignoring any two defenders blocking your shot, it's that broken.

Which is why many recommend using it against the Goers because of it completely nullifies two blocking defenders.

Lol damn. Wish I knew that :) Still won so not terribly upset about it. But good to know. Thanks :)

OmegaDL50

Only 3 more monsters to Oversoul!

Hey, I could use your help. You seem to be pretty far along in FFX-2

My current party of YRP are all level 81, I've just reached floor 61 of the Via Infinito

The only Mega Tonberry I ever beaten was an Oversouled one in the Fiend Arena, I am having trouble beating them in the VI. What is your recommended strategy in getting rid of them.

I have most of the accessories and garment grids so I should be able to utilize any strategy you recommend.

I could probably use my monster team too. I'm trying a minimalistic approach without wasting a bunch of items like I did with some of the Fiend Arena bosses but it's not working.

SirNinja

Yeah, you pretty much only have time to use the Jecht Shot once, due to the fact it takes away about 70-80% of Tidus's HP to use. Tidus should also be fairly close to the goal as well. Enemy defenders don't matter too much, as Jecht Shot will automatically take care of up to two of them, but the ball's accuracy needs to be fairly high to get past Raudy.

In my opinion, Wakka's Venom Shot is a far better ability; it doesn't take much HP, and its +3 SH compliments Wakka's already-high shot stat. Getting the ball to him and shooting as much as possible is the key to winning that first game.

OmegaDL50

Nevermind. I forgot to have my high DEF accessories equipped.

I keep forgetting Mega Tonberry has 255 STR and his Chef's Knife does 16,000 damage without protect and high def.

Mascot took care of it.

Edit: Well I didn't know you could walk around them. Well on one floor one of them was blocking a switch I needed to press to make a platform move for me to progress. I suppose it was just a stroke of bad luck.

Levyne

Banned
There's one patrolling mega that you pretty much squeak by, hugging the wall. Seems like it should encounter but it doesn't.

mstevens

Whew, beat the Luca goers on my 2nd try. First game I lost in double overtime, second game I won in double overtime. Funny enough, all of my Tidus goals were regular shots.

XJF

BOOM! Did it the hard way, but whatever. Fight took like 45 minutes. Would have been a lot faster if his evasion wasn't ridiculously high
lgSQYXAl.jpg

Finalow

no japanese audio? FUCK YOU.

a question, FFX.
- how do I check weapons/armors attributes? And how do I check their skills? As in I have weapon Y with ability X and I want to see what ability X does, also I want to see if weapon Y is better than weapon A.

a question, FFX.
- how do I check weapons/armors attributes? And how do I check their skills? As in I have weapon Y with ability X and I want to see what ability X does, also I want to see if weapon Y is better than weapon A.

There's no way to check what an ability does. You have to use the Internet for that. It sucks, I know.

Saphirax

a question, FFX.

Weapons only have abilities, so which weapon is better depends on the set of abilities you need.

Top Bottom