• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

OmegaDL50

Are the only two Speed Bracers you get in the game from the Calm Lands Marriage quest and the one that drops from the Black Elemental on Floor 60 of the Via Infinito?

Is there not another way to get another?

Because I'm trying to kill Chac with that Hasted Thief Chain Strategy and Chac is destroying me.

I'm going to try using the Highwind Roads grid in hopes the First Strike will give me enough time to throw a chocobo wing and start the chain of attacks.

If that doesn't work an anyone with an alternative strategy to provide, I would be grateful.

OmegaDL50

You can get them from the late Infinico Lizards. They might have to be oversouled.

Ah looks like google truly is my friend. Thanks for your info, I managed to find this.

Gonna link this for anyone else who could use it

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68931290

EDIT: I did that Lady Luck Congrats trick on the Chocobo Kings monster group in the Fiend Arena. I walked away with 4 Speed Bracers and 15,000 Gil. Well that was fun.

I wonder if this can exploited to get other rare accessories from the arena creatures.

XJF

You can get them from the late Infinico Lizards. They might have to be oversouled.

For the love of all things holy, why do you keep calling it the "infiniCo" when it's the "infiniTo"? lol Is that how the japanese translation is?

XJF

Bad habit, called it that in middle school.

Ok, Cause for a while there you had me questioning myself lol I thought I was spelling it wrong. Anyways, going to beat the game now. Before bed tonight all I should have left is LAST MISSION. Hoping to plat X-2 by Sunday night.

OmegaDL50

It seems the typical enemy lists for Bribe drops may be different for the Fiend Arena.

According the guide Chocobo when bribed usually gives a Chocobo Feather or Wing for it's rare Bribe.

But when I did Random Reels Congrats on the Chocobo Kings, I got 4 Speed Bracers.

A shame there isn't a more detailed list. Seems not much information has been compiled for FFX-2 International in regards item chances.

Still it's nice to be able to exploit this to teach my Monsters Auto-Haste.

I'll probably abuse this on Paragon too just to get a couple of Dark Matters to use the Invicibility on Trema, because at this point I'm positively sick of the Via Infinito.

But being on Floor 89 and near the end, I might as well get it over with.

Zephyx

I need some help beating Dark Yojimbo. Looks like I need to beat him the normal way not relying on Zanmato which I did with the other Dark Aeons. What stats should I aim for?

XJF

I need some help beating Dark Yojimbo. Looks like I need to beat him the normal way not relying on Zanmato which I did with the other Dark Aeons. What stats should I aim for?

Just double-cast Flare or Ultima and summon before he gets a turn. he will NOT use zanmato until it is his turn, so don't worry if he gets it halfway through your tun set.

I'm trying to get 99,999 damage in one hit in X-2. Fighting Coyote. Having Yuna use Focus, Rikku using Armor Eraser until he has DEF Down 10, Paine using Esoteric Melody until Yuna has Magic UP 10, then I use Moogle Beam. Only hitting for like 65K. WTF

Flandy

Max out defense
Get armor with with Auto Protect, Def +20%, and Stoneproof/ribbon
Get luck up to 50
When the battle starts cast Hastega and then use Aim 5 times

Zephyx

Just double-cast Flare or Ultima and summon before he gets a turn. he will NOT use zanmato until it is his turn, so don't worry if he gets it halfway through your tun set.

I'm trying to get 99,999 damage in one hit in X-2. Fighting Coyote. Having Yuna use Focus, Rikku using Armor Eraser until he has DEF Down 10, Paine using Esoteric Melody until Yuna has Magic UP 10, then I use Moogle Beam. Only hitting for like 65K. WTF

But I will need to max Magic for that to work. Can't I use Quick hit instead?

Max out defense
Get armor with with Auto Protect, Def +20%, and Stoneproof/ribbon
Get luck up to 50
When the battle starts cast Hastega and then use Aim 5 times

Thanks. Looks like I need to go back to the drawing board and start farming Fafnir/Earth Eater again.

XJF

Yea, but he has INSANE evasion. You'll need high Luck ~50 or 80 to hit him consistently (IIRC). Easier to max Magic than get to 50-80 Luck. Flandy also mentioned using Aim 5 times. Didn't try that method but I know some people use it. Not sure if that requires Luck as well.

OmegaDL50

What sets of armors do I need to take on dark aeons and the arena bosses?

Try to customize armors with the following

Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix, and Ribbon

Beating Dark Yojimbo should drop armors with the Ribbon property if you don't feel like grinding for Dark Matters to customize it.

Auto-Haste benefit is obvious, it doubles your speed allowing you to get far more turns.

Auto-Protect cuts the damage of all physical based attacks in half. Far more enemies in the game use physical attacks over magic, so Auto-Protect has the advantage. You need Light Curtains to customize Auto-Protect on armor, Killing Fafnir in the Monster Arena will get you about 20 or so Light Curtains per kill. Auto-Shell WOULD be useful, unfortunately it doesn't just cut magic damage in half, but rather ALL magic effects, meaning your Healing spells effectiveness are nerfed as well, making Auto-Shell have limited use.

Auto-Phoenix has a character automatically use a phoenix down on a downed character without wasting a turn / action.

Ribbon the hardest ability to acquire nullifies every negative status in the game, so things like Stone, Poison, Confuse, etc won't effect you. However some of the Super Bosses have Status attacks that penetrate even Ribbon, that being the exception.

Def+20% is another useful ability as it increases your defense against attacks, which goes even beyond the 255 DEF stat cap.

Auto-Potion can be useful if you decide to clear your inventory of items of nothing but the strong healing items like X-Potions, Elixirs, etc, but the caveat is you need to kill specific monsters that drop these and stockpile them for Auto-Potion to be useful.

Auto-Med is a poor mans Ribbon but it can effective minding any character wearing an armor with this ability is not berserked, stoned or confused.

Flandy

Thanks. Looks like I need to go back to the drawing board and start farming Fafnir/Earth Eater again.

If you plan on Zanmatoing the rest (like I did) you only need to get your main party up to 50 luck. Once you're done fighting Dark Yojimbo you can clear all the luck spheres off the grid since you won't be needing them anymore. Means less Earth Eater grinding for you

I'm not sure if your Accuracy needs to be maxed out but it couldn't hurt :lol All of my stats besides Magic, Luck, HP/MP (were at 10k/1k) were maxed out by the time I bought Dark Yojimbo.

XJF

So i captured a level 85 Adamantortoise from Besaid. made it a Mascot, gave him Rabite's Foot and an Iron Duke and he's just annihilating pretty much everybody lol

OmegaDL50

So i captured a level 85 Adamantortoise from Besaid. made it a Mascot, gave him Rabite's Foot and an Iron Duke and he's just annihilating pretty much everybody lol

You can eventually get Key to Successes for clearing the Farplane Cup, once you replace that Rabites Foot with one of those your Adamantortoise will be nearly invincible.

Key to Success = 100 Luck, HP/MP+100%, and Double AP, GIL, EXP, and Item Drops

Of course the Luck, HP and MP boosts are the important things, I mean an Iron Duke has HP and MP +100%, so with the 200% boost overall that should pretty much max out that Adamantoise health and MP levels.

XJF

You can eventually get Key to Successes for clearing the Farplane Cup, once you replace that Rabites Foot with one of those your Adamantortoise will be nearly invincible.

Key to Success = 100 Luck, HP/MP+100%, and Double AP, GIL, EXP, and Item Drops

Of course the Luck, HP and MP boosts are the important things, I mean an Iron Duke has HP and MP +100%, so with the 200% boost overall that should pretty much max out that Adamantoise health and MP levels.

I know!! It's gonna be awesome. I guess I could throw on a Crystal Bangle for another 100% HP boost, but I thought the extra luck would help his crit rate.

So anyone know what creature tournament I can fight a standard Tonberry in? Need to Oversoul Mega Tonberry and that's it but don't feel like fighting MT until it Oversouls...

OmegaDL50

I know!! It's gonna be awesome. I guess I could throw on a Crystal Bangle for another 100% HP boost, but I thought the extra luck would help his crit rate.

So anyone know what creature tournament I can fight a standard Tonberry in? Need to Oversoul Mega Tonberry and that's it but don't feel like fighting MT until it Oversouls...

I haven't run into any regular Tonberry in the tournaments, What I suggest is you run floor 0 through 10 in the VI hunting the regulars until one Oversouls and then flee to face the Mega in the tournament.

That is what I had to do in order to beat my first Mega because either him or Shady Duo wouldn't let me win the tournament.

XJF

I haven't run into any regular Tonberry in the tournaments, What I suggest is you run floor 0 through 10 in the VI hunting the regulars until one Oversouls and then flee to face the Mega in the tournament.

That is what I had to do in order to beat my first Mega because either him or Shady Duo wouldn't let me win the tournament.

You can flee from regular Tonberries? Thought you couldn't because if you run into one they are forced fights?

OmegaDL50

You can flee from regular Tonberries? Thought you couldn't because if you run into one they are forced fights?

Sorry, I meant to say Mushroom Rock..in the valley near the Den of Woe...of course I don't know if this is possible in Chapter 5.

I didn't actually kill Mega until my secondary NG+ Save...I actually went back to my first save because I screwed up in the NG+ missing an event.

EDIT:

You know, I was just thinking about Paragon. The animation when
Zaon begins to shake and transform into Paragon is not unsimilar to how Jecht powered up into his Final Aeon form. You think Paragon is Yunalesca's Final Aeon and storyline wise the first Final Aeon to ever defeat Sin.

Adding on to the fact that Trema is founder of New Yevon, who uses the model of the Unsent Old Man who greets you at Zanarkand at FFX, maybe that was Trema all along and tried to take Yunalesca's place when Yevon faltered by making Yevon anew. Interesting, no?

About to finish FFX and start FFX-2. Interesting that I have FFX from release day and played the hell out of it, yet I never made it past the opening cutscene of FFX-2 even though I have 2 copies of it. I guess the 3rd disc is the charm.

XJF

Sorry, I meant to say Mushroom Rock..in the valley near the Den of Woe...of course I don't know if this is possible in Chapter 5.

I didn't actually kill Mega until my secondary NG+ Save...I actually went back to my first save because I screwed up in the NG+ missing an event.

EDIT:

You know, I was just thinking about Paragon. The animation when
Zaon begins to shake and transform into Paragon is not unsimilar to how Jecht powered up into his Final Aeon form. You think Paragon is Yunalesca's Final Aeon and storyline wise the first Final Aeon to ever defeat Sin.
Yea, I've already encountered MT in the tournament. I'll just run first couple floors killing Tonberries and bail to save every couple.

Idk. I mean i guess it's possible, but it may be a long shot, given that it's a fiend and not an A-word

OmegaDL50

An aeon can be turned into a fiend though. That's what Shuyin did to the aeons on the Farplane, causing them to raise hell and shit at all the temples.

But yeah, Paragon is sadly just a palette swap despite its storyline significance.

Balphon

It seems the typical enemy lists for Bribe drops may be different for the Fiend Arena.

According the guide Chocobo when bribed usually gives a Chocobo Feather or Wing for it's rare Bribe.

But when I did Random Reels Congrats on the Chocobo Kings, I got 4 Speed Bracers.

A shame there isn't a more detailed list. Seems not much information has been compiled for FFX-2 International in regards item chances.

Still it's nice to be able to exploit this to teach my Monsters Auto-Haste.

I'll probably abuse this on Paragon too just to get a couple of Dark Matters to use the Invicibility on Trema, because at this point I'm positively sick of the Via Infinito.

But being on Floor 89 and near the end, I might as well get it over with.

There are two different kinds of enemy Chocobo. The stronger variety appears only in the Fiend Arena, and bribes for Speed Bracers.

Moogle Beam is strength based, even though it does magic damage.

XJF

An aeon can be turned into a fiend though. That's what Shuyin did to the aeons on the Farplane, causing them to raise hell and shit at all the temples.

But yeah, Paragon is sadly just a palette swap despite its storyline significance.

yea, especially since it shares the Oversouling species with other monsters. I feel like that's a deal-breaker. Oh well.

And fuck me. Totally forgot about Geo and Specter...

Moogle Beam is strength based, even though it does magic damage.
Every guide I've seen says it's magic based. Oh well, Ended up using Paine's mascot ability an got it first try. it's all good lol

Balphon

Every guide I've seen says it's magic based. Oh well, Ended up using Paine's mascot ability an got it first try. it's all good lol

It does magic damage, but its damage is based on Yuna's strength. It's counterintuitive.

Likewise, Cactling Gun is the opposite: physical damage based on Paine's magic.

Just got full access to the airship in X. Is there anything I should do besides getting the optional aeons before doing the final bosses? Do I need to grind a lot? I'd like to do as little as possible so I can see the end of this game before I come back some other time to do the extra stuff.

Levyne

Banned
Just got full access to the airship in X. Is there anything I should do besides getting the optional aeons before doing the final bosses? Do I need to grind a lot? I'd like to do as little as possible so I can see the end of this game before I come back some other time to do the extra stuff.

I would definitely get the aeons, yeah. None take a lot of time to get and they are all really powerful.

Edit: Oh, besides aeons? Well, once you're past that it's really going into time-kill territory so you could stop there.

XJF

It does magic damage, but its damage is based on Yuna's strength. It's counterintuitive.

Likewise, Cactling Gun is the opposite: physical damage based on Paine's magic.

Well that's nice to know. Not that I ever intend to play this game again lol unless they decide to go crazy and do a 4K remake or some crazy shit like that. lol

EDIT: How do I fight Georapella again? I fought and OS'd Precepts Guard by walking into a Blue Tower. I've activated all the red towers and can't get a Geo to spawn. Am I missing something?

EDIT 2: Neeeeeeeeevermind lol

My suggestion is: optional aeons, go to Bevelle for the cutscene there (grants you access to the temples again by getting all of the hostile Yevon forces to stand down except for the Dark Aeon summoners), and complete the Omega Ruins (there's some story material there too). Then go take on Sin and go through the final dungeon (make sure you summon Anima against the first boss you encounter in the final dungeon).

I would definitely get the aeons, yeah. None take a lot of time to get and they are all really powerful.

Edit: Oh, besides aeons? Well, once you're past that it's really going into time-kill territory so you could stop there.

My suggestion is: optional aeons, go to Bevelle for the cutscene there (grants you access to the temples again by getting all of the hostile Yevon forces to stand down except for the Dark Aeon summoners), and complete the Omega Ruins (there's some story material there too). Then go take on Sin and go through the final dungeon (make sure you summon Anima against the first boss you encounter in the final dungeon).

Thanks, guys! Aren't the Omega ruins supposed to be super tough? I don't want to have to grind a ton.

XJF

Thanks, guys! Aren't the Omega ruins supposed to be super tough? I don't want to have to grind a ton.

Stay by the save sphere, save after every battle if you have to. Summon if you can't beat them legit. Make sure you have someone with "First Strike" ability on. Nothing will piss you off like being ambushed by a Malboro and him just devastating your party. Things will get easier by the minute.

OmegaDL50

Phew...I got lucky. I barely beat Trema.

Glad I won't ever need to go inside that dungeon anymore. Now I can just concentrate on the Monster Arena and make my ultimate monster team.

OmegaDL50

It's so I can kill
Major Numerus
in the Fiend Arena, not to mention Almighty Shinra.

Still
Major Numerus
in FFX-2 Fiend Arena may very well be the most powerful boss in the entire FF series. YRP could beat it however there isn't much strategy involved, so I decided to just raise a bunch of powerful monsters instead and let them take care of it instead.

I did a write up on the possible strategy to beat it here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109062633&postcount=12314

Also Monster Teams can potentially be far more powerful then YRP, look at this team for example - http://imgur.com/F2b03PK,QVZ1bc4,YFF9wtE#0

Right now I got a Level 95 Aka Manah who has Megiddo Garment Grid with Black Mage dressphere. Iron Duke and Ragnarok Accessories.

He usually spams Ultima every round for about 14k to 25k damage depending on enemy defense. Unfortunately he's an M sized creature so he needs two character slots. I'm trying to capture a Black Elemental to replace him as a main spellcaster.

XJF

Also Monster Teams can potentially be far more powerful then YRP, look at this team for example - http://imgur.com/F2b03PK,QVZ1bc4,YFF9wtE#0

dat 1000 HP lol

Now I just have to suffer through LAST MISSION...
Yti6OBql.jpg

Up9TwbNl.jpg

U7BjS9xl.jpg

OmegaDL50

dat 1000 HP lol

Now I just have to suffer through LAST MISSION...
Yti6OBql.jpg

Up9TwbNl.jpg

U7BjS9xl.jpg

That Red Elemental may only have 1000 HP, but due to all of the crazy Black Magic boosts, he can basically rapidfire Ultima and Flares doing tens of thousands of damage in seconds. The ultimate glass cannon pretty much.

If it does die the Tonberry or Chocobo more or less will revive it. Also with Star manipulation, (L3 and R3) you can heavily reduce damage by lowering stars, but you also inflict less damage. Raising it increase the damage received / taken.

So monster arena battles with a full monster party basically becomes a seesaw of you lowering stars when the enemy attacks to reduce damage and raising them to maximize damage. It's not really an ideal way to control the flow of battle.

Personally I'd rather enter my own commands and control the monsters directly.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Almost done with the Zanarkand Ruins in FFX, soon it'll be time for sidequests and then finishing it with Sin. That said – out of curiosity – I launched FFX-2 and wow... S-E really improved graphics over FFX at that time. Animations and characters' models in particular are age beyond what I've seen in FFX. I remember abandoning the game after few hours from the start years ago, but now that I'm a Toriyama-fan I think I'll enjoy it alot more.

Speaking of which, the X-2 is "less" remastered than X right? I think even the skyboxes are unchanged, and the music remains the same. Am I wrong?

Started on the Dark Aeons. Beat Valefor and Ifrit pretty easily, but I'm still getting my ass kicked by the rest.

Was reading up a bit on Penance and it sounds ridiculous. Am I going to need to go crazy with clear spheres and pretty much make a mess out of the sphere grid using only stuff that gives +4 to beat this thing? Because I definitely don't have the motivation to do that.

Balphon

Not sure why you'd develop a Red Elemental instead of a Dark Elemental unless you're looking to clear the whole Fiend Arena in Chapter 1. Guess it doesn't matter much in the long run, but still.

The build for the Tonberry is a bit odd, too. I'm not seeing the point of Armor Break when the group's main sources of damage are Holy/Ultima and Fireworks, so its GG should really just be Unerring Path so it can keep Crackdown and free up the accessory slot (and ability slot taken up by Turbo Swordplay) for something more useful. Could probably do with dropping one of the healing abilities for Fingersnap as well.

Saphirax

Started on the Dark Aeons. Beat Valefor and Ifrit pretty easily, but I'm still getting my ass kicked by the rest.

Was reading up a bit on Penance and it sounds ridiculous. Am I going to need to go crazy with clear spheres and pretty much make a mess out of the sphere grid using only stuff that gives +4 to beat this thing? Because I definitely don't have the motivation to do that.

Dark Ixion and Dark Shiva can be easily defeated if you have Auto Phoenix. None of their attacks, besides their ODs, hit the entire party.

Well, Penance IS the hardest boss to defeat. Just Zanmato him, otherwise, yeah, you'll have to grind more than usual.

I believe there are two strategies for killing him. One involves you having 9999 hp and the other 99999 hp. You won't have to go all crazy with clear spheres if you use the first approach. You won't need Break HP Limit, but you will need to max out your Luck (other stats, hp and mp not included, are easier to cap. I don't think you need max Magic for him though).

Ourobolus

Banned
All right, I think I'll get started on FFX-2 tonight.

Question about the Creature Creator - I keep hearing something like it's better to capture everything on the first time through, and then level them up on the second playthrough?

For the trophies, the furthest you have to get involved there is by completing one fiend tale, right?

So I guess, if I'm going for 100%, how much of the Creature Creator should I take part in?

For Penance, it wasn't too bad. Getting STR/DEF/AGI/MDEF to 255 isn't that bad. Keep HP at 9999. I got Luck to about 120 just for the hell of it - that was the pain, but it's not TERRIBLE.

For Armor, go:
Auto-Haste
Auto-Potion
Def+20%
Auto-Protect

Only have X-Potions. No regular or Hi-Potions.

Defeat one arm immediately with 6 Quick Hits (I took out the left one (Penance's right) first since the other arm doesn't Petrify/shatter). Squeeze an Ultra NulAll Mix by Rikku in there somewhere (or 5x Cheer if you have to go that route).
Then do 5 Quick Hits on the other, and then attack Penance. Don't kill the arm until it's just about to get it's turn.
Once the arm is dead, the other will probably regen at that point. Do the same thing - 5x Quick Hit, then attack Penance, then the final Quick Hit on the arm right before its turn.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
When Penence changes form, dispel his Auto-Haste.
You'll also need to dispel Armor/Mental Break from your characters after they get hit by Immolation.
If an arm appears too quickly or late because you've had to waste turns dispelling, then try to kill the offending arm a turn or two early, depending on how far off it is.

Balphon

All right, I think I'll get started on FFX-2 tonight.

Question about the Creature Creator - I keep hearing something like it's better to capture everything on the first time through, and then level them up on the second playthrough?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You can only hold eight fiends in your party at any one time, so you can't just catch them all as you go and level them up later; you'd need to be cycling them in and out. Likewise, it's much easier to complete fiend tales if you capture the fiends when YRP's levels are as low as possible, so putting the capturing off would only mean more work for you.

What I think you may be getting at has to do with how the fiend tales work. To complete a fiend tale you have to release the fiend. You can recapture it again afterwards, but it won't have any of the ability or stat boosts you may have put on the earlier fiend you released. Thus, it's a good idea to not level up a fiend until after you've completed its fiend tale.

For the trophies, the furthest you have to get involved there is by completing one fiend tale, right?

Yes.

So I guess, if I'm going for 100%, how much of the Creature Creator should I take part in?

There are some enemies that only appear in the Fiend Arena, so you'll have to engage with it at least a little to fight them. Likewise, the Fiend Arena can make it easier to get some otherwise rare items, and fiends themselves will typically be significantly stronger than YRP. So to answer your question directly, it may help you to use the Creature Creator a bit, but it's not necessary.

Top Bottom