• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Joni

All....4?
Yes. Holding L1, L2, R1 and R2 improves steering. Nobody knows why, but it does.

going for 5 treasure chests at the temple chocobo race. This is more annoying than the lightning dodging and the 0.00 time. The damn chocobo is out of control, keeps hugging the walls and then the turns and camera changing just fucks up your direction.
You can hit the poles for the trophy. Doing so will improve your corners.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes. Holding L1, L2, R1 and R2 improves steering. Nobody knows why, but it does.

You can hit the poles for the trophy. Doing so will improve your corners.

Oh, never mind. I was thinking Vita and forgot about the PS3 version. Regardless, there is no L2/R2 on Vita if that's what he's playing.

Beat Penance. Have two trophies left to platinum. Unfortunately they are the 5 treasure chest Chocobo race (i am so goddamned sick of chocobo racing) andal bhed primers. And i checked my primer list and missed the Bevelle one with no earlier save. So close to platinum but i just cant do anymore with this.

Get the bevelle one on a different save, then import it using one of the various al bhed spheres in the world.

Disclaimer: haven't tried this but i don't see why it wouldn't work.

Is Attack Reels REQUIRED to kill Neslug?

No, he's just really annoying without it. I kept using Doublecast -> Ultima (or maybe Doublecast -> Holy) with every character on every turn. As long as you can do, on average, more damage than he regens every turn, eventually you'll break his shell, it will just take a while. Doublecast is important though because you want to maximize YourDamage - HisRegen. So Doublecast really makes a huge difference.

flyover

Is Attack Reels REQUIRED to kill Neslug?

I think I killed him by doing exactly 20 Quick Hits of 99,999 (just before he hunkers down), and then having Anima send him to Bolivia. Er, Oblivion. That did enough damage to destroy his shell without him ever getting the chance to hide in it. After that, you can do the last million or so points of damage however you want.

entremet

Here's what worked for me. I never used Yojimbo for any over them.

For most of them:
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Def+20% (doesn't really matter, honestly. I left this blank for most of the time).

For Yojimbo/Bahamut
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Stoneproof/Ribbon (If you want 2 Ribbons, I got 1 from the 99 Dark Matters you get from capturing, and I earned another 99 from just killing Arena bosses while getting my gear and sphere levels. 2 is probably good enough, and Stoneproof works just fine).

For Penance
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Potion
Def+20%

Could you rewrite armor slots? Auto Haste/Auto Protect Seem to be most common amongst them all. Seem like that would save time and money bribing for Chocobo Wings.

Jisgsaw

No, he's just really annoying without it. I kept using Doublecast -> Ultima (or maybe Doublecast -> Holy) with every character on every turn. As long as you can do, on average, more damage than he regens every turn, eventually you'll break his shell, it will just take a while. Doublecast is important though because you want to maximize YourDamage - HisRegen. So Doublecast really makes a huge difference.

That would be quite the feat, as double cast only works on Black Magic.

Get the bevelle one on a different save, then import it using one of the various al bhed spheres in the world.

Disclaimer: haven't tried this but i don't see why it wouldn't work.

He doesn't have a previous save...
So well, unless starting over...

Could you rewrite armor slots? Auto Haste/Auto Protect Seem to be most common amongst them all. Seem like that would save time and money bribing for Chocobo Wings.

Nope, you'll have to bribe/farm gil if you want to do it like this.

Atlantis

Don't be too concerned with customizing armor, it's not very hard to make new armor as you need it.

An armor with just Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix is good enough for most of the Dark Aeons.

Arthea

Don't be too concerned with customizing armor, it's not very hard to make new armor as you need it.

An armor with just Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix is good enough for most of the Dark Aeons.

Not even that is necessary, actually. It surely helps, but not necessary.

Ezi0

Finally got the FFX platinum. The sphere grid maxing is awful. Getting the X-2 platinum was way more fun and engaging.

Listening to the OST, I really feel it's one of the greatest of all time. The two themes of Suteki Da Ne and Zanarkand present in most songs is damn amazing and truly beautiful.

Uematsu can really do it all.

Tc91

Start capturing monsters. You need to get weapons with:

Double/Triple Overdrive
Double/Triple AP
Overdrive -> AP

The Don Tonberry trick won't work otherwise (well, technically it'll work with JUST Overdrive->AP, but it will take forever). By capturing monsters, you should be able to make 6 of the weapons, provided you get 6 weapons by beating One-Eye in the Arena.

For Don Tonberry, he does more damage based on how many kills that character has, so whomever has the most kills, use them to attack Don Tonberry. Put that person on Stoic OD mode, and the other 2 on Comrade.

Ah thank you man, I followed your advice and have got weapons for Lulu, Auron and Wakka, so I'm just going to concentrate on leveling them up a bit first.

Is it right that I need auto-phoenix armour for the Don Tonberry trick aswell?

flyover

Is it right that I need auto-phoenix armour for the Don Tonberry trick aswell?
You don't need it, since he doesn't even attack (except with Karma) until he's right in front of you, and you then want to flee, anyway. But it doesn't hurt to have it on someone. Speeds things up a tiny bit.

entremet

You don't need it, since he doesn't even attack (except with Karma) until he's right in front of you, and you then want to flee, anyway. But it doesn't hurt to have it on someone. Speeds things up a tiny bit.

It just makes it faster and more efficient. Yep.

Finalow

I can't get Anima because Dark fucking Shiva doesn't let me enter the temple. (need to get the treasure there etc.) I bet there is no easy way here and I 'just' have to grind for like 100 hours in order to beat her and get the treasure, right?
oh, yeah, also Dark Valefor is blocking another path and I can't get that Jecht sphere.

WHY whould they do this. fuck this shit, jesus.

Korezo

I'm about to start FFX-2 after a one month break from completing X. Does following the ps2 strategy guide get you the 100% completion? Because I remember back then these guides being terrible and I think I missed X-2 100% on the ps2 way back because of the guide.

I can't get Anima because Dark fucking Shiva doesn't let me enter the temple. (need to get the treasure there etc.) I bet there is no easy way here and I 'just' have to grind for like 100 hours in order to beat her and get the treasure, right?
oh, yeah, also Dark Valefor is blocking another path and I can't get that Jecht sphere.

WHY whould they do this. fuck this shit, jesus.

Yojimbo him.

What's the fastest way to get Power, Mana, Speed, Ability spheres?

Use Distillers then kill Kottos in Monster Arena. 40 per kill. It'll be very rough early on though. If you can make Auron survive with Protect, Sentinel and 5 Cheers you can do it but it'll take a while. You're better off just capturing monsters. They'll give 2 per kill and you make progress with Monster Arena as well.

Balphon

I'm about to start FFX-2 after a one month break from completing X. Does following the ps2 strategy guide get you the 100% completion? Because I remember back then these guides being terrible and I think I missed X-2 100% on the ps2 way back because of the guide.

This one worked just fine for me.

Saphirax

uhm, I could get him, sure.

how much money do I need to kill a dark aeon? I feel like I need a lot.

The higher his affection is the higher the chances are he'll perform Zanmato. Overall - it's random whether he does it or not. You'll just have to keep reloading if it doesn't work.

Levyne

Banned
Just know that it's a ton easier now than in the original NA version. I never had to independently grind out his affection. Just fill his overdrive and give him ~30000 gil (iirc) and reload a few times.

I saw Zamato maybe 3 times in 3 playthroughs when I was younger. 5 or 6 times in the rerelease. It's pretty darn 'reliable'

Finalow

I don't get it. when I summon Yojimbo vs Dark Shiva (with grand summon) I don't a chance to pay him, he just attacks with Wakizashi.

Saphirax

I don't get it. when I summon Yojimbo vs Dark Shiva (with grand summon) I don't a chance to pay him, he just attacks with Wakizashi.

He does that sometimes if your affection is high enough. Nothing you can do about that but reload or hope he uses Zanmato.

Finalow

He does that sometimes if your affection is high enough. Nothing you can do about that but reload or hope he uses Zanmato.
you mean if my affection isn't high enough?
He's not using Zanmato, tried like 6 times already. (btw, never used him before) I read that to get some affection I should use him in some battles, pay him 1000+ gil and then try again for the Dark Aeon.
could this work?
edit: nvm lol, he just did it with 30k. I used to pay him around 100k.

entremet

I love these games, but does anyone feel they were designed with selling a strategy guide in mind? Some of the stuff is so esoteric and not really explained in game.

He's not using Zanmato, tried like 6 times already. (btw, never used him before) I read that to get some affection I should use him in some battles, pay him 1000+ gil and then try again for the Dark Aeon.
could this work?

If he likes you he'll use a free attack sometimes. Which is annoying if you want him to just zanmoto.

I beefed him up by fighting shitty enemies from besaid and paying him 1024 gil each time. He'll use waki or zanmoto, both of which will improve your affinity with him. I think I grinded with him for about 30 minutes, then it only took one or two tries to zanmoto dark valefor.

Check a gamefaqs guide if you want the specifics as to how the affinity system works (or whatever they call it).

I love these games, but does anyone feel they were designed with selling a strategy guide in mind? Some of the stuff is so esoteric and not really explained in game.

Welcome to every Final Fantasy game ever. For an even more grotesque example, see the ultimate weapons in FF12.

Cornbread78

Random question because now I'm getting pissed, lol.

I've almost captured 10 of every enemy (damn Omega Ruins) and I want to start getting the Ultimate Weapons. I have the Cloudy mirror, but I do not get any opportunity to find the kid, and turn it into the Celestial Mirror.... I erad all the online guides am I usign the wrong walkway? (I'm using the one on the left from where the parents are, or is the game just glitched to not have me fidn the kid wven though he is not there with his parents and I already found the father?

Balphon

could this work?
edit: nvm lol, he just did it with 30k. I used to pay him around 100k.

Pay him 16384 or 32768 at the high end. Anything more is a waste.

Even if you're not trying to get him to zanmato, you should pay him in powers of 2 with 1024 as a minimum.

Tc91

So I did the same sort of trick as Don Tonberry but with Dark Ixion, ended up getting 99 sphere levels but have run out of spheres.

I'm pretty sure I can't 1 shot Kottos yet, so I just Protect someone and Sentinel and chip away at him?

Joni

So I did the same sort of trick as Don Tonberry but with Dark Ixion, ended up getting 99 sphere levels but have run out of spheres.

I'm pretty sure I can't 1 shot Kottos yet, so I just Protect someone and Sentinel and chip away at him?

Do the distill you want and summon the Magus Sisters.

Top Bottom