• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Balphon

You're a better man than me. I got the first one, and after about 45 minutes in FFX-2 and not a single trophy earned, I already think the game is a steaming pile. I don't know if I'm going to go through with it. The characters went from having depth and personality to a bunch of fucking high school idiots that I literally cannot stand.

I think you may be confusing the absence of depth for depth.

Balphon

Well at least zero is non-negative.

Ha.

I can understand how the campy tone might be off-putting, but FFX has almost Man of Steel levels of insufferable grimness at points. I found the change pretty welcome.

In other news, I think I've gone as far as I can with the Fiend Arena, since I'm now farming Major Numerus to the tune of 20 Iron Dukes per kill.

XJF

Legit lol'd

Did you get a Vita just for this collection or something?
Disc drive on my Import PS3 died. Didn't feel like buying a new one (more so, I couldn't find a FF special Edition PS3 still in print). Decided to go on and get a vita so I could continue to play this. Not to mention I heard wonderful things about some Vita games.

Poor Tearaway.

Also I told you so lol

Yea, I haven't played ANYTHING else since i started the collection 03/18. lol It's been rough but I'm glad to be done with it.

entremet

Just got the Sun Sigil. Yeah!

13 balloons

0 Birds

34.6 seconds.

Go to hell whomever created that minigame. One of the worst mini games ever made.

I actually did it on my train commute to work standing up lol. This was after probably 3 hours of that nonsense cumulatively.

Any basic Blitzball strategies you guys could share? I've been looking online but every Blitzball guide I find is about the size of a novel. I want a few quick strategies that could help me get going. I've played 6-7 games so far and I think I tied twice and I lost the rest of them. I've gone through the tutorial entirely but it seems every team I face just overpowers me. Maybe I need to recruit the right teammates I don't know. Any quick tips you guys could share?

Blitzball is very easy once you have the right team. Also get the Jecht Shot. It will break the game.

This should be your team. From the trohy guide

For your team first off Tidus should have the Jecht Shot (Striker) then I recommend getting Brother(Airship) as your MF. Get Wakka(Airship) or Wedge(Luca Stadium) as your RF. Kyou(Djose Highroad), Naida(Calm Lands) and Ropp(Mi'hen Highroad) are good ones for LD and RD and then there's Jumal(Luca) or Nimrook(Airship) as your GL. That should be good enough to win the games. To recruit players, you should have two extra slots on your team. You can keep up to 8 players for your team and to recruit a player, approach an NPC which is likely a player for Blitzball and press

One last thing when playing blitzball, when any of your players gets the ball, press to bring out the movement control option. The A.I. is kinda stupid in Auto mode so switch it to Manual A so you get to control the one holding the ball.

Basically swim around with Brother as your forwards--Waka and Tidus get in striking position. Pass to either. If opposed use Jecht shot to remove defenders. Rinse, repeat. Waka has a Poison shot, not as good since it doesn't disable defenders, But if you're able to get open with Waka, pass to him.

Jumal or Nimrook will be walls mostly.

What is the recommended amount?

I think somewhere between 500-1000 should be good. I see people saying to use at least 1050, so if you want to be extra safe go with that low. If Yojimbo is having his dog attack instead of himself(Which also lowers affection), the amount is too low.

There is a dedicated guide to the Yojimbo pay formula if you want all the numerical details.

Joni

I think somewhere between 500-1000 should be good. I see people saying to use at least 1050, so if you want to be extra safe go with that low. If Yojimbo is having his dog attack instead of himself(Which also lowers affection), the amount is too low.

There is a dedicated guide to the Yojimbo pay formula if you want all the numerical details.
You need to pay in grades of 2. So 512 or 1024. Everything between is wasting gil.

You need to pay in grades of 2. So 512 or 1024. Everything between is wasting gil.

On the other hand, by the time you actually need him, you should be rolling in gil. I just gave him 1 million every time because it was easier than looking online for a formula :lol:

Joni

On the other hand, by the time you actually need him, you should be rolling in gil. I just gave him 1 million every time because it was easier than looking online for a formula :lol:
The gil needed for a guaranteed Zanmato is quite a bit higher. Just use him to kill weaker enemies, get him to friendship 255 and then only use him when necessary.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, the amount of times you need to sit through his Zanmato animation to get to 255 alone would take longer than the potential resetting to get through the bosses you want to cheese by just using a reasonable 5-digit figure, unless you're incredibly unlucky or something.

Tc91

Whoever designed the controls for the Chocobo Catcher race needs shooting.

They are so SHIT.

Edit: LOL I was getting so pissed off, checked a YouTube video to see how fast they did it and I got the time. 35.something seconds, 14 balloons and 1 hit.

Joni

I dunno, the amount of times you need to sit through his Zanmato animation to get to 255 alone would take longer than the potential resetting to get through the bosses you want to cheese by just using a reasonable 5-digit figure, unless you're incredibly unlucky or something.
You need about 40 Yojimbo attacks. He starts at 128, so you need to raise it another 128. A regular Wakizashi gives 1, a All Wakizashi gives 3 and a Zanmato 4 so you'll get there quite quickly, especially if you set animation to short. And I just paid 1024 per try, so about 40.000 cost. In turn I get a 70% chance of Zanmato at 32.000 GIL paid.

Flandy

That's a huuuuuuge waste of gil. I just raised his affection by getting in battles in the calm lands and paying him either 512 or 1024 gil

That's a huuuuuuge waste of gil. I just raised his affection by getting in battles in the calm lands and paying him either 512 or 1024 gil

Who cares? After I got the platinum I still had 5 million gil even after paying him all that money. And I will likely never play the game again. I could have given him all 5 million of it, and it still wouldn't have made a difference. I also didn't have to spend any time raising his affection. Everyone going after Penance (and presumably the platinum) is going to have a metric fuckton of gil by the time they're at that stage. What are you going to use it on?

Joni

Yes, I'm well aware of the maths. My point stands.

131.072 gil at starting affection gives you a 66% chance of getting a Zanmato. Repeat five times for Dark Yojimbo. That is a 13% chance. At maximum affection that is 84% chance of one Zanmato, or a 41% chance of 5 of them.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Was I supposed to capture every monster in the game 10 times? Because I did. But now the fun part is almost over. It's time to move out to clearing out the creation monsters, Penance, then Sphere Grid. I hope I don't lose focus and just stop playing when I buy Atelier. I'm so close to the finish line. Maybe I'll watch Smallville while Sphere Gridding.

romulus91

just finished last night and WOW .... amazing game..... little confused about tidus ...
was he a dream all along from a dream zanakand which yu yevon created? if so why was dream zanakand created?
i did pay attention i promise :)

Bah, fuckin Penance. How does it keep killing a non-UltraNullAll full-life Yuna with Immolation while the other two (Tidus and Rikku) can survive no problem? Her stats are the same, so what's the issue?

Edit: Huh, she seems to be staying alive now. Does Auto-Protect go away when you die? That could be it.

Bah, fuckin Penance. How does it keep killing a non-UltraNullAll full-life Yuna with Immolation while the other two (Tidus and Rikku) can survive no problem? Her stats are the same, so what's the issue?

Edit: Huh, she seems to be staying alive now. Does Auto-Protect go away when you die? That could be it.

Same equipment? Auto-Protect doesn't go away when you die but maybe she was being hit with Armor Break or something?

haha always forgot how the scale of diffulty really does tie to how much you grind.

aka reflect is one broke ass skill.... gonna be fun fighting seymour 2 without it :D

i guess spamming nulls is the other way

Banzai

I can't find the motivation to stat and sphere grind...especially now that i have DS2.
Weird how after being hyped for this game for so long I'm suddenly so bored by it.

Ambitious

I started playing FFX for the first time a few days ago. Why does the battle screen only display the current HP/MP but not the maxima? That's weird.

Ponn

Banned
Beat Penance. Have two trophies left to platinum. Unfortunately they are the 5 treasure chest Chocobo race (i am so goddamned sick of chocobo racing) andal bhed primers. And i checked my primer list and missed the Bevelle one with no earlier save. So close to platinum but i just cant do anymore with this.

Footos22

ffx platinumed. Filling.out the sphere grids mare me never wanna play this again. 93 hours it took.

super bosses were a letdown as when I went to.sacrifice yojimbo he cut them all down without paying him anything. Oh well killed all dark aeons without him.

entremet

What are the armors needed to beat the dark aeons and penance. The trophy guide recommends one set with ribbons but aren't dark matters hard to find aster your initial 99 prize?

Ourobolus

Banned
What are the armors needed to beat the dark aeons and penance. The trophy guide recommends one set with ribbons but aren't dark matters hard to find aster your initial 99 prize?

Here's what worked for me. I never used Yojimbo for any over them.

For most of them:
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Def+20% (doesn't really matter, honestly. I left this blank for most of the time).

For Yojimbo/Bahamut
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Stoneproof/Ribbon (If you want 2 Ribbons, I got 1 from the 99 Dark Matters you get from capturing, and I earned another 99 from just killing Arena bosses while getting my gear and sphere levels. 2 is probably good enough, and Stoneproof works just fine).

For Penance
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Potion
Def+20%

Tc91

Hmmm, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I just got the airship and have got Tidus, Rikku their upgraded celestial weapons now I want to be able to do the Don Tonberry method but my characters seem really weak.

I also don't know where to start :/ Could anyone give me some pointers on getting started to platinum this game.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hmmm, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I just got the airship and have got Tidus, Rikku their upgraded celestial weapons now I want to be able to do the Don Tonberry method but my characters seem really weak.

I also don't know where to start :/ Could anyone give me some pointers on getting started to platinum this game.

Start capturing monsters. You need to get weapons with:

Double/Triple Overdrive
Double/Triple AP
Overdrive -> AP

The Don Tonberry trick won't work otherwise (well, technically it'll work with JUST Overdrive->AP, but it will take forever). By capturing monsters, you should be able to make 6 of the weapons, provided you get 6 weapons by beating One-Eye in the Arena.

For Don Tonberry, he does more damage based on how many kills that character has, so whomever has the most kills, use them to attack Don Tonberry. Put that person on Stoic OD mode, and the other 2 on Comrade.

Ourobolus

Banned
God, why are the controls for the chocobo stuff so fucking terrible.

Are you at least using the d-pad? The controls do suck, but they are infinitely better with the d-pad over the analog stick.

I know. It's still awful.
Yep. I never really have that much of a problem with the balloons - maybe I just get lucky. Now the Remiem race...ugh. The camera there fucks everything up.

FUCK YES, just got 0.00 at the Chocobo Catcher Race. I got 5 balloons in the begining and managed to get 13 and 0 birds. Wow, I can actually hear my heartbeat right now holy shit. Now the only thing left is maxing Lulu and Kimahri.
SOON!

going for 5 treasure chests at the temple chocobo race. This is more annoying than the lightning dodging and the 0.00 time. The damn chocobo is out of control, keeps hugging the walls and then the turns and camera changing just fucks up your direction.

Top Bottom