• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

clem84

Gold Member
Yeah, Sphere Grid path. It's been a long while since I fought the boss so I don't remember how it goes. :/

---

Finally started grinding Luck. It's not near as bad as grinding for Magic. I figured I could just put Tidus on Loner then kill Greater Sphere with 3 Slice & Dice (more for Earth Eater). Still I wish I had the patience to do Blitzball so that I'll have Attack Reels to make this faster. 90% of the time spent grinding Magic Spheres is just watching spell animations.

Does the fact that he's on loner affect the damage he causes?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
It is done! Take that game I dumbly passed on giving a chance 12+ years ago!

I totally didn't almost throw my controller in despair after finding out there were still more boss fights after Jecht...

Each character has a section of the grid that 'belongs' to them, usually closed off to other sections by locks. It's not shown in the game, but it's pretty easy to make out their general area just by looking at the grid. (For example, Lulu's section is her start point through the Flare spell.)
Gotcha! All my character were well beyond those points even before my final grinding session. Sooo what was I doing wrong? Just having poor strategies I guess.

The boss in vulnerable to all four of Auron's 'Break' skills. Power Break on the boss and Protect on your party makes his damage a lot more manageable. (Use Auron's Banishing Blade to inflict all four 'Breaks' on the boss if you have it)
Power Break saved the day. Before I was being dumb and using Armor Break so other characters could do damage but of course then they'd get clobbered so it really wasn't worth it! Thanks! I ended up just ignoring the stupid pagodas altogether and just damage racing the boss.

Have all of Yuna's other aeons on max overdrive, spam them all except Yojimbo during the first form and that should make the first form easy to kill. Summon Yojimbo, pay him a stupid amount of money (it's the end of the game anyway so nothing is lost) and hope that he instakills the second form. Took me two tries for this to work.
Through all my grinding (+20~ levels for everyone) I kinda forgot getting aeon overdrives and even using them ont he first form. Not forgetting would've surely made things alot less hellish >_<; But thanks to that grinding I had worked my way back up to nearly 200k gil which was luckily more then enough ta get your second tip to work! ...After remembering about it after another ultra long battle in which I widdled the bosses hp down to 50k before suddenly asking myself wtf am I doing?

Arthea

If you cheese the blind spot you shouldn't have to run it more than 2-3 times to max it out.

At first I left too little time to come back to the bad guy five times in the row, now I'm aware that couple of seconds is not enough or even 10, but I was already bored by it out of my mind then. (><)
And I'm not sure it's possible to do in 2 times, is it? 3 maybe, without doing any stupid mistakes as being attacked, but 2 seems unlikely.

Does the fact that he's on loner affect the damage he causes?
Loner + Triple Overdrive = Full OD gauge every 3 turns.

Greater Sphere takes a bit more time to kill. Once I had enough luck to get mostly crits on Slice n Dice, I could kill him in 5-6 overdrives. It should be faster with Attack Reels.

Ambitious

Zanarkand, at last! I'll complete the game in the evening. That is, assuming I don't have to grind for hours in case my party's too weak for the bosses to come.

edit: Yup, grinding time.

At the final boss sequence, where's a good place to grind ? I new to fill up grids, abd get abilities like holy and double cast. This is X I mean. Thanks in advance.

Got the Jupiter Sigil at last. Blitzball was almost fun once I knew what I was doing, playing in my commute with my iPod on made it bearable, by the end of the last league I was winning games 10-0.

Now just need to do butterfly catching and chocobo race which I am absolutely dreading, my best time so far has been 24 seconds.

mstevens

Got the Jupiter Sigil at last. Blitzball was almost fun once I knew what I was doing, playing in my commute with my iPod on made it bearable, by the end of the last league I was winning games 10-0.

Now just need to do butterfly catching and chocobo race which I am absolutely dreading, my best time so far has been 24 seconds.

Reposting from earlier:

a. read this post http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/19734...asy-x/51372846
b. turn the sound off. For me, detaching myself from what was going on and listening to music helped with the frustrating a lot. This way, you can't hear if the trainer gets a balloon instead of you, and you can't hear the annoying sound when the bird whacks you.

Seriously though, this will help you out a ton. And this is coming from someone who thought I wasn't going to be able to do it.

Balphon

At first I left too little time to come back to the bad guy five times in the row, now I'm aware that couple of seconds is not enough or even 10, but I was already bored by it out of my mind then. (><)
And I'm not sure it's possible to do in 2 times, is it? 3 maybe, without doing any stupid mistakes as being attacked, but 2 seems unlikely.

Maybe not, since you'd only be able to get to level 4 or so on the first run. I know I did it in 3, though.

mstevens

So, I'm just past Calm Lands and I realized that I know next to nothing about the weapons and armor in this game. I know that you can customize your own armor, but I don't know the ins and outs.

Would it be possible for me to get some empty 4 slot armor and the ingredients I need to make them auto haste and everything? I'm still wearing pretty basic stuff and my inventory is full since I'm not sure what I need to sell and keep.

Basically I need a guide on how to get started.

Atlantis

So, I'm just past Calm Lands and I realized that I know next to nothing about the weapons and armor in this game. I know that you can customize your own armor, but I don't know the ins and outs.

Would it be possible for me to get some empty 4 slot armor and the ingredients I need to make them auto haste and everything? I'm still wearing pretty basic stuff and my inventory is full since I'm not sure what I need to sell and keep.

I wouldn't really worry about getting heavily into customizing until you're wanting to tackle the optional super bosses.

As for empty four-slot armor, you can buy them from a vendor in Macalania after you
receive the Airship
as long as you
talk to Wantz before the boss fight on Mt.Gagazet

Don't worry about it too much yet. You'll generally keep finding/buying better stuff that you can customize for the moment; you'll be able to start unlocking ultimate weapons before terribly long, too. It's nice to occasionally stick First Strike or Counterattack onto some other stuff, of course (which is handy for Capture weapons, for example) using your basic friend/return spheres and so on.

Off topic, but man, I wish Rikku's ultimate weapon had Alchemy instead of Gillionaire on it.

Gila

Is there anyway of seeing what Al Bhed Primers you have? I accidently messed up the compliation sphere thing early on, I didn't know what it meant so I saved from that and loaded it I believe, then kept moving on. Now I'm in post-game and I'm looking through all the primer's and I'm pretty sure I got all the "Home" ones but it still hasn't given me the trophy.

I want to see which one I don't have, if its one from Home - I'm fucked

mstevens

Is there anyway of seeing what Al Bhed Primers you have? I accidently messed up the compliation sphere thing early on, I didn't know what it meant so I saved from that and loaded it I believe, then kept moving on. Now I'm in post-game and I'm looking through all the primer's and I'm pretty sure I got all the "Home" ones but it still hasn't given me the trophy.

I want to see which one I don't have, if its one from Home - I'm fucked

Go to items -> key items -> scroll all the way down.

I wish I could just copy and paste Caladbolg onto every character.

Eh, I'd want them to feel unique (and Onion Knight is even better than Caladbolg, IMO). The Celestial Weapons are the only real differentiator between the late-game characters outside of Yuna's Summon command, Wakka's long-range attacks, and the assorted Overdrives (only a few of which are useful in the late game anyway).

Gila

Wait I'm reading that you can transfer Al Bhed saves over via compilation sphere? How does this thing exactly work?

Will I be able to quickly start a new game and rush until Home and grab the missing Primer, save it on the compilation thing and load it on my other game save of 60+ Hours and be able to get the trophy?

Atlantis

Eh, I'd want them to feel unique (and Onion Knight is even better than Caladbolg, IMO). The Celestial Weapons are the only real differentiator between the late-game characters outside of Yuna's Summon command, Wakka's long-range attacks, and the assorted Overdrives (only a few of which are useful in the late game anyway).

I appreciate the uniqueness, but the battle system falsl apart too much post-game for weapon factors to really prevent the entire party from playing the same.

Lulu's is good more on paper than in practice honestly. It doesn't have the wasted factors on AP or Gil like other characters, but Triple Overdrive is pretty much just as useless on her. It really doesn't do anything for her besides give her the niche of the strongest Curaga. If you want to use offensive magic, you can Customize better.

I'd probably consider anything with a counter attack factor better, personally.

Will I be able to quickly start a new game and rush until Home and grab the missing Primer, save it on the compilation thing and load it on my other game save of 60+ Hours and be able to get the trophy?

Yes.

Ambitious

Unexpectedly, I defeated
Yunalesca
on the first attempt. And plot-wise, the pieces are finally coming together.

Also, I just read I'll still be able to do most of the sidequests, that's great. I skipped far too many, I just didn't feel like doing them.

Mendrox

Any tips for creature creation Ultima Weapon?

I don't know which skills are useful and he is level 85 right now, but is not able to beat the youth league. Any tips for GGs and Accessory? Also for skills? Got many speedbracers e.g.

Ourobolus

Banned
Unexpectedly, I defeated
Yunalesca
on the first attempt. And plot-wise, the pieces are finally coming together.

Also, I just read I'll still be able to do most of the sidequests, that's great. I skipped far too many, I just didn't feel like doing them.

Yeah. Pretty much all of the sidequests really open up once you get the Airship soon. You can't really miss them.

Can someone tell me where in the timeline does the audio drama after Eternal Calm takes place?

I ask cuz they talk about
Tidus
in Bevelle, but also say it's three years after X, but X-2 is supposed to be 2 years later. Did the audio drama SE put in X spoil X-2?

Levyne

Banned
Can someone tell me where in the timeline does the audio drama after Eternal Calm takes place?

Tidus
in Bevelle, but also say it's three years after X, but X-2 is supposed to be 2 years later. Did the audio drama SE put in X spoil X-2?

Well yeah it takes place after X-2. It actually takes place after a novella that takes place more immediately after X-2.

I don't think it's really fair to say it spoils X-2. It just happens to take place after it.

Ourobolus

Banned

Tidus

Eternal Calm takes place 2 years after FFX, with FFX-2 following directly after. It's the prologue.

EDIT: Never mind, misread.

Well yeah it takes place after X-2. It actually takes place after a novella that takes place more immediately after X-2.

I don't think it's really fair to say it spoils X-2. It just happens to take place after it.

It kinda does seeing as it spoils the fact that
Tidus had returned from the Farplane.

Levyne

Banned
I feel like I may be fundamentally misunderstanding something. The audio drama takes place last. It's listed with the collection credits.

I don't see it as a spoiler. It builds on what happens in X-2 because it takes place after. (Well, actually, the novella, but oddly enough it doesn't spoil that.) Just as I wouldn't say The Two Towers spoils Fellowship. It's more the use of the word 'spoil' that I'm getting hung up on. Does it assume you know what happened previously? Yes, of course.

(Using LotR just a random example, I don't mean to otherwise compare them).

I just don't see taking a later part of a continuing story thread, be it a sequel or an audiobook, as spoiling what came before it.

I feel like I may be fundamentally misunderstanding something. The audio drama takes place last. It's listed with the collection credits.

I don't see it as a spoiler. It builds on what happens in X-2 because it takes place after. (Well, actually, the novella, but oddly enough it doesn't spoil that.) Just as I wouldn't say The Two Towers spoils Fellowship. It's more the use of the word 'spoil' that I'm getting hung up on. Does it assume you know what happened previously? Yes, of course.

(Using LotR just a random example, I don't mean to otherwise compare them).

I just don't see taking a later part of a continuing story thread, be it a sequel or an audiobook, as spoiling what came before it.

Well seeing as the audio drama is in the menu for X right after eternal calm, it does spoil X-2. They should've put it in the X-2 menu instead.

I'm playing on Vita so maybe it looks different on PS3.

Levyne

Banned
Well seeing as the audio drama is in the menu for X right after eternal calm, it does spoil X-2. They should've put it in the X-2 menu instead.

I'm playing on Vita so maybe it looks different on PS3.

Oh. This might be my hangup. I played on PS3 and it looks like this:

FFXX2_HD_Title_Screen.png

My apologies!

Yeah, if they include it with vita FFX and not vita FFX2 then yeah, that absolutely is a bit weird :/

Christopher

Also BTW my personal opinion not one remixed track sounds horrible they are all amazing and date I say much better than the originals esp the battle theme

Arthea

Also BTW my personal opinion not one remixed track sounds horrible they are all amazing and date I say much better than the originals esp the battle theme

Some sound worse to me, I must say I prefer originals. Not that new are horrible, no, just I liked old better.

ubercheez

Finally done with the full-party sphere grid trophy, thank the gods. Now for luck boosting on my main party and some dark aeon fights!

Finalow

uhm I was wondering how to play this game on Vita, I've done the save data transfer from the PS3 version of the game and .. now what?

flyover

It'd been long enough since I played that only the Besaid theme stuck out as being vastly different to me.

mstevens

Got the no encounter weapon and I'm ready to try dodging 200 lightning bolts... Tried for a few minutes just to make sure I had the right spot, and I can see how this can be really frustrating.

Any tips on how to count? I've heard some people say just time it instead of trying to keep track. I feel like counting might make me lose my concentration.

Got the no encounter weapon and I'm ready to try dodging 200 lightning bolts... Tried for a few minutes just to make sure I had the right spot, and I can see how this can be really frustrating.

Any tips on how to count? I've heard some people say just time it instead of trying to keep track. I feel like counting might make me lose my concentration.

I did about 20 dodges in 1:45 minutes, so about 17 minutes for 200. I set my alarm for 6 minutes 3 times and ended up with more than enough.

mstevens

I did about 20 dodges in 1:45 minutes, so about 17 minutes for 200. I set my alarm for 6 minutes 3 times and ended up with more than enough.

Any reason you did three 6 minute alarms instead of one 18?

I think taking a break might be a good idea, but I'm worried I'll be out of sync and get blasted once I come back.

What a stressful side quest.

(edit: Wow just thinking about doing that perfectly for 18 minutes straight... ugh...Such a small margin for error, too.)

Any reason you did three 6 minute alarms instead of one 18?

I think taking a break might be a good idea, but I'm worried I'll be out of sync and get blasted once I come back.

What a stressful side quest.

(edit: Wow just thinking about doing that perfectly for 18 minutes straight... ugh...Such a small margin for error, too.)

18 minutes can be very long, I tried to do it in one piece, but lost concentration after about 14 :(
If you do it right however it's very easy, you're using the crater trick yes?

mstevens

18 minutes can be very long, I tried to do it in one piece, but lost concentration after about 14 :(
If you do it right however it's very easy, you're using the crater trick yes?

I found a crater where it does one after about 6 seconds, and then one after about 3 seconds and then repeat.

I know it should be very easy, but the small margin for error makes me worried that the stress will get to me after about 100 and I'll mess up.

Top Bottom