• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I suppose games only appear on PSN when you can actually buy them as there isn't anything on the SEN webstore yet.

Guess I'll probably have to wait until Thursday night, oh man ;_;

pariah164

You know, they confirmed
that FFX is the same world and comes before FFVII so... does the drama try to lead into that at all?

Didn't expect the 16:9 crop to be that noticeable (when viewing comparison screens of course). I mean, there isn't even any added widescreen detail there

The original art asset only existed in a 4:3 aspect ratio. The only options are to either pillarbox the whole game in the 16:9 frame or crop out the top and bottom.

Lol that shit is literally like a fanfic with voices. I wiped it out of my mind as it being canon.

I heard about this and got a summary. If SE makes it, I just love their horrible console decisions and can't wait for the inevitable "console gaming is dead" from them because their games don't sell.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The original art asset only existed in a 4:3 aspect ratio. The only options are to either pillarbox the whole game in the 16:9 frame or crop out the top and bottom.

Thing is though... that screenshot in question, I believe it was one of the few scenes completely re-created for the HD version, because it was originally pre-rendered. If so, they certainly could have added detail to the sides (but maybe it's fine how it is).

Its those FMVs where you could say the cropping really cuts out detail....

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
The pre-order price for the Vita version on the AU store has been lowered sometime in the last few days. It used to be more than the PS3 version ($59.95) now they're both $49.95 each so I think I'll just grab the digital version. It's actually cheaper than retail now.

romulus91

I personally found Lloyd to be a rather stand out character myself and his personality was quite prominent and, to me, likable. And I agree with your comment about Lloyd's and Colette's relationship, it felt authentic and was adorable at the same time!

I doubt I'll find Final Fantasy X to be a better game like Dragon did. I'm a huge Tales fan and a huge Final Fantasy fan, but Tales is my favourite franchise, so the chances that FFX will out do one of my favourite Tales is unlikely.

my question is ...... which one to play first!?!?

Dragon

Banned
Sorry if asked earlier but Sony won't put this on the SEN store at midnight right?

They rarely if ever do this. Sony should understand that preloading is a thing.

I personally found Lloyd to be a rather stand out character myself and his personality was quite prominent and, to me, likable. And I agree with your comment about Lloyd's and Colette's relationship, it felt authentic and was adorable at the same time!

I doubt I'll find Final Fantasy X to be a better game like Dragon did. I'm a huge Tales fan and a huge Final Fantasy fan, but Tales is my favourite franchise, so the chances that FFX will out do one of my favourite Tales is unlikely.

Kratos and Raine are the best characters in ToS IMO. Kratos because well he's completely bad ass in every way. And Raine because she was always most useful in battle and out.

There's nothing wrong with liking ToS more, both games have convoluted plots that involve saving the world by weird means. I just like the characters in FFX better. Auron is the best (seriously his theme is so incredible it may be the best reason why I love his character) and Lulu isn't completely braindead either.

SheHateMe

Amazon came early.

Code:
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/2b709ba13e6151f1f019b279404cf8c6/tumblr_n2lxpgjsPD1qz5o0mo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

I'm SUPER excited.

jaxword

Wha?

Now when i play again i'm going to look for clues.

It's not quite like that, it's more like Nojima decided afterwards to give the fans something to chew on and said that after FFX-2:
Shinra's descendants got corrupted by power and thus ruined the world for FF7's setting. He did it because he thought that would be funny to see and as a little thing for fans to ponder. It's not like it was intended to change the mythology of either game or make Jenova or Vegnagun related.

sqwarlock

pQbMaNS.jpg

lhjhbB9.gif

To think that I will be playing my favorite Final Fantasy tomorrow in the most grandest of ways has me ecstatic. I might get the Vita release later, but for me FF X needs to be on my Big screen blaring through my 5.1. Game is as cinematic as they get.

Also looking forward to the new audio thing that takes place after X and X-2. I know most of GAF ripped that pretty hard, but my tastes vary so much from the majority here that I can't really be concerned. I really liked X-2's story too.

Dark Souls 2, Ground Zeroes, and now this. It's a good time to be a gamer.

Godfuckingdamnit. I can buy the physical version NOW or -+8:00 GCT later (plus download time). Our local store lists X and X-2 separately though (R3), but still TBA with the price.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Apparently the English R3 versions of FFX and FFX-2 HD Vita are sold separately but are both physical copies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This is the Asian versions? Play-Asia says "Chinese Subs". Does it also have English text?

Yup. In our local store they're R3 English.

Zephyx

Apparently the English R3 versions of FFX and FFX-2 HD Vita are sold separately but are both physical copies.

It's available in my area as separate copies but it's more expensive (around $50+). Dunno if it has the English voice over though. Always bought R1 games except for Disgaea 3.

ULTROS!

Is it just English text or text and dub? I wouldn't mind importing X-2, if there really is an English physical release.

I'll know 7-8 hours from now.

Top Bottom