• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

B.K.

Hah that's awesome. I don't recall that from the original. Anyway, here's a quick comparison since you provided the OG shot. (Sorry for the pic quality.)

3aSazJY.jpg

E2W2pAI.jpg

It all makes sense now.

X-2 and X-2.5 spoilers

That kid becomes a blitzball during the Calm and is the blitzball that kills Tidus after he comes back at the end of X-2.

My hype of this has increased exponentially over the past few days. I went from telling myself I'd hold off until this weekend to play to now when I plan to play at least 4+ hours tomorrow.

Tidus doesn't actually
travel 1000 years into the future. Dream Zanerkand exists as a summon of sort from all of the old summoners in the real Zanerkand 1000 years before. It existed just in the middle of the ocean where nobody could get to it

Where did you get the info that it was in the middle of the ocean. I thought it was inside of Sin.

Tidus doesn't actually
travel 1000 years into the future. Dream Zanerkand exists as a summon of sort from all of the old summoners in the real Zanerkand 1000 years before. It existed just in the middle of the ocean where nobody could get to it

Yeah but Tidus doesn't know that

TEJ

Tidus doesn't actually

even so

in his mind, it's what happened.

Tidus doesn't actually

I think you mean the Fayth.

Just to clarify. Dream Zanarkand is on Spira. It's in an unknown location and the only one who knows exactly where it is, is Jecht.

Having just finished replaying ToS HD this weekend...I was surprised how much I actually ended up liking Lloyd. Back when I played it in like 2004 I remember thinking he was pretty simple and cookie cutter, but replying it now I appreciated that he had a very consistent personality and set of ideals, but not in an annoying way. He also tells people off for their bullshit a lot which is more than 90% of JRPG protagonists even do.

I also appreciated that him and Colette don't really beat around the bush with the fact that they like each other. Too many JRPGs are filled with "W...w...what!??! I d...don't like him!!" lines and that's pretty much absent here. They like each other and the both know it and accept it. It's cute!

Hopefully FFX holds up to what it is in my head too. I also haven't played it for like 10 years.

I personally found Lloyd to be a rather stand out character myself and his personality was quite prominent and, to me, likable. And I agree with your comment about Lloyd's and Colette's relationship, it felt authentic and was adorable at the same time!

I doubt I'll find Final Fantasy X to be a better game like Dragon did. I'm a huge Tales fan and a huge Final Fantasy fan, but Tales is my favourite franchise, so the chances that FFX will out do one of my favourite Tales is unlikely.

Flandy

Where did you get the info that it was in the middle of the ocean. I thought it was inside of Sin.
Final Fantasy wiki. Also the City itself is surrounded by water and after the intro you end up at Baaj temple which if I remember correctly is also surrounded by water.
even so

in his mind, it's what happened.
Just wanted to point it out. We the player also thought that was what happened on our first go :p

Squire

Banned
Awesome trailer, i forgot how amazing the music was in x-2 as well.

I love X-2s score. So funky.

Some interesting trivia I learned last year is that the composers for X-2 are actually a couple. Unfortunately, working on X-2 was very stressful for them and they left SE afterward. Sad.

Bladenic

I love X-2s score. So funky.

Some interesting trivia I learned last year is that the composers for X-2 are actually a couple. Unfortunately, working on X-2 was very stressful for them and they left SE afterward. Sad.

The main composer actually retired due to the backlash and reception of X-2's soundtrack. So sad. X-2's OST was so underrated.

ss_lemonade

Hah that's awesome. I don't recall that from the original. Anyway, here's a quick comparison since you provided the OG shot. (Sorry for the pic quality.)

3aSazJY.jpg

E2W2pAI.jpg

Didn't expect the 16:9 crop to be that noticeable (when viewing comparison screens of course). I mean, there isn't even any added widescreen detail there

Squire

Banned
The main composer actually retired due to the backlash and reception of X-2's soundtrack. So sad. X-2's OST was so underrated.

It really is. That score has such a flavor to it. It fits the game's tone really well, while still feeling like FFX or rather Spira.

My favorite is Paine's Theme. Also want to note the Piano Collections version of the Zanarkand Theme, too though.

You should all listen to FFX Piano Collections, if you haven't. It's one of my favorite albums. Was really hoping SE would remaster the original score and mix the piano collections in, but alas.

B.K.

I got $40 in PSN cards today. I'm ready to buy the Vita version tomorrow, too. I was going to buy the physical version, but I'll wait and buy it used. It's going to be interesting to see how Gamestop and other stores price the Vita physical version. Surely they won't try to charge a full $34.99 for the game used. If people use the X-2 voucher, then people buying used will only be getting half the game.

Levyne

Banned
I got $40 in PSN cards today. I'm ready to buy the Vita version tomorrow, too. I was going to buy the physical version, but I'll wait and buy it used. It's going to be interesting to see how Gamestop and other stores price the Vita physical version. Surely they won't try to charge a full $34.99 for the game used. If people use the X-2 voucher, then people buying used will only be getting half the game.

I wouldn't be surprised, sadly. That said, seems like something you could politely haggle with the clerk about.

pariah164

I predict that by this time tomorrow (5:40 PM) I will be in Killika village in X, and just starting X-2. Unless I decide to just streamroll through X, THEN play X-2.

Anybody else download X-2 yet? I just loaded it up and you get to select between X-2 and X-2 The Last Mission. The Last Mission is the International version right?

When will this be on the store?

I'm going to Toronto tomorrow until Thursday and will only have shitty wifi internet @ Holiday Inn while I'm there :(

ubercheez

Anybody else download X-2 yet? I just loaded it up and you get to select between X-2 and X-2 The Last Mission. The Last Mission is the International version right?

The Last Mission is extra content that came with X-2 International. You'll want to play the normal game through first.

Top Bottom