• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

SirNinja

So, uh, I hear the textures were improved a bit for this release.

Original:
20131226213433%21Tidus_receiving_Brotherhood.jpg

HD:

Also check out the new background texture in the Mi'ihen Highroad (Original, HD).

Persona7

Banned
I was going to pick this up when gamestop opens but they are not even going to get the shipment until 2PM. That sucks.

I need to stop scheduling stuff around game releases, lol.

laoni

Just got shipping notice for both my Vita and my PS3 LE copies :D they'll arrive tomorrow, so early release for me (not out for 2 more days here.

My Vita is ready!

SheHateMe

I've been staring at the Sphere Grid selection screen for the past 45 minutes.

I haven't played FFX in over 12 years. I don't know what to pick or even what to do.

This should be fun. (Fun Fact: I have never played Final Fantasy X-2. Ever. Not even a demo of it.)

laoni

I haven't played FFX in over 12 years. I don't know what to pick or even what to do.

This should be fun. (Fun Fact: I have never played Final Fantasy X-2. Ever. Not even a demo of it.)

From memory, normal is the one you got in the US. Advanced has less nodes, and less locks. You could send lulu down Auron's path from the beginning with no locks in your way.

So, uh, I hear the textures were improved a bit for this release.
Also check out the new background texture in the Mi'ihen Highroad (Original, HD).

Kudos to that Chinese dev't team whose name I forgot. Aside from the faces looks like this is a well made job.

My preorder is coming today! the Local game store backtracks their earlier announcement saying tomorrow is the release date since their main rival releases the game today. Gotta love competition.

I was going to pick this up when gamestop opens but they are not even going to get the shipment until 2PM. That sucks.

I need to stop scheduling stuff around game releases, lol.

they do that? I was expecting to walk in as soon as they open and grab my copy of Ground Zeroes and this. Now I'm worried :(

My whole day is planned around this. I already told everyone "I don't exist March 18th" No work or anything, just videogames

wmlk

Man, this really reminds me of Chrono Cross. Seems like it's really well suited for playing during the summertime.

Ghazi

If it's anything like the KH 1.5HD ReMIX then your chances are pretty good.

I was seeing the Limited Edition almost 3 weeks after the release date.

Hopefully, I was meaning to pre-order it today, but had problems getting out. I'll stop by GameStop tomorrow and hope they at least have 1 left over.

Fingers crossed.

laoni

Seeing the new texture for Mi'ihen background, I wonder what they did to the Calm Lands one... I spent a lot of time staring at that background

my question is ...... which one to play first!?!?

Are you asking which one you should play first? If so, I'd ToS just because Tales is my favourite franchise and I'd tell anyone one here to play Tales game over any other game.

Kratos and Raine are the best characters in ToS IMO. Kratos because well he's completely bad ass in every way. And Raine because she was always most useful in battle and out.

There's nothing wrong with liking ToS more, both games have convoluted plots that involve saving the world by weird means. I just like the characters in FFX better. Auron is the best (seriously his theme is so incredible it may be the best reason why I love his character) and Lulu isn't completely braindead either.

Yeah, lots of people seem to like Kratos a lot. I even befriended someone on Miiverse who's a huge Kratos fan and Raine is clearly most helpful in battle due to her healing and out of battle due to her knowledge and how that helps with the plot progression. But personally, my favourites are probably Lloyd, Sheena, and Regal. Sheena was a cool character who had a story I enjoyed following while Regal was someone who I enjoyed finding out more about and I find him to be more of a badass than Kratos haha, partly because he was in shackles the whole game and could still hold his own.

I didn't find the plot too convoluted, but I did love how intricate it was, which is something that isn't exclusive to this Tales game and is one of the many reasons I love Tales in the first place.

In any case, hearing you compare ToS to FFX just gets me even more excited for FFX tomorrow, so thanks haha.

SheHateMe

Hopefully, I was meaning to pre-order it today, but had problems getting out. I'll stop by GameStop tomorrow and hope they at least have 1 left over.

Fingers crossed.

*crosses fingers*

Also (and me saying this is assuming you're in the US, so I apologize for the assumption if I'm wrong), check Target and Best Buy in the morning too. I know for a fact that the Target near me STILL has 3 copies of the Limited Edition KH 1.5 and BB was the store that had them well after release.

Don't let any haters tell you otherwise---FFX-2 is awesome. Fun as shit.

Persona7

Banned
they do that? I was expecting to walk in as soon as they open and grab my copy of Ground Zeroes and this. Now I'm worried :(

My whole day is planned around this. I already told everyone "I don't exist March 18th" No work or anything, just videogames

It happens frequently to me, more often with niche games I buy.

It depends on your location and when the publisher ships games. I would call the store you are picking it up at and ask if it will be available at opening tomorrow.

Ghazi

*crosses fingers*

Also (and me saying this is assuming you're in the US, so I apologize for the assumption if I'm wrong), check Target and Best Buy in the morning too. I know for a fact that the Target near me STILL has 3 copies of the Limited Edition KH 1.5 and BB was the store that had them well after release.

Thanks. (I am in the US) good idea, I know of a complex where there's all three stores within walking distance.

sqwarlock

So I've decided to double dip immediately (I think), but now I don't know if I should go digital or physical for Vita. I've got enough space on my card for one game at a time (or both if I delete VII, VIII, and Dissidia 2), so I think that's the way I'm going to go.

If it's anything like the KH 1.5HD ReMIX then your chances are pretty good.

I was seeing the Limited Edition almost 3 weeks after the release date.

I'm sure he'll be able to find one if he's really looking, but where I live I had pre-ordered my KHHD1.5R and told my friend about it and the artbook and he immediately went to get it the next day, but it was sold out everywhere, only regular copies were left.

BONKERS

You've missed out. It's a great game. With an amazing (but different) soundtrack.

I logged ~400 hours in the original game back in the day.

I don't give a shit what anyone says.

Also: I wonder, if you output the game in 720p mode does it render 720p native or does it just downsample the 1080p Framebuffer?

Honestly if the 720p option had AA i'd choose that over 1080p. This kind of game needs dat AA

AmanoBuff

Lol, same here. I work freelance, so I already cleared my schedule for the 18th and 19th. Dark room, couch, Vita, headphones. It's going to be bliss...

It happens frequently to me, more often with niche games I buy.

It depends on your location and when the publisher ships games. I would call the store you are picking it up at and ask if it will be available at opening tomorrow.

ok thanks, guess I'll do that. That would suck if I drove there and they didn't have it, Gamestop is like 35 minutes away.

I got a text the other day saying I could pick up Metal Gear in the AM, but haven't gotten a text about FFX which I preordered months ago. Don't do this to me Gamestop

laoni

Fucking hell. The awesome cover art for FFX/X-2 HD is only for the limited edition?!

I want this cover.

81kTwJKrrQL._SL1500_.jpg

It's fucking limited edition only? But S-E's site says they have a collectors edition available. I'm so CONFUSED.

Limited edition is available everywhere, has a 24 Page artwork. Has the artwork above

Collector edition is SE store exclusive, has a bigger art book and some prints, and has the original Japanese box art, the Amano logo

XJF

On the vita you can swipe from left to right on the screen to use items

Oh, ok. Thanks. Thought maybe they had turned the D-pad into 4 hotkeys that took automatically took you to different parts within the menu. Similar to how it's done in SP: The Stick of Truth

Erigu

It's not quite like that, it's more like Nojima decided afterwards to give the fans something to chew on and said that after FFX-2:
[...] It's not like it was intended to change the mythology of either game or make Jenova or Vegnagun related.
Jenova -> Avonej -> エボン=ジュ ("Ebon-Ju", the original Japanese term for "Yu Yevon")
Conspiracy!

Wilsongt

I look forward to walking to Gamestop tomorrow and have them telling me: A) It won't be here until Wednesday, or B) We only had enough copies to cover pre-orders.

Top Bottom