• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I'm just F5ing this thread because I don't know what else to do while I wait. I'm done playing video games for the night, so that's out of the question and I'm not particularly tired either, so I'm not going to bed yet. *hits F5*

Persona7

Banned
I look forward to walking to Gamestop tomorrow and have them telling me: A) It won't be here until Wednesday, or B) We only had enough copies to cover pre-orders.

lol, I didn't preorder once and I mentioned the district manager and they suddenly found a extra copy of the game after tapping on the keyboard a few times and grabbing a copy from the stack to the side.

06JZ501.gif

Hope you both know it's different now.

yeah, I don't like the new version at all.

Persona7

Banned
Isn't gamestop still on the "Release date is ship date, and the actual day it will be in stores if the day after?" shtick?

I was given a explanation by a GS manager and apparently it depends on the publisher for the most part assuming there was not a shipping delay or something like that. Some publishers send out shipments later than others or on release week instead of a few days before.

I've had bad luck with release day availability lately.

Zetta

Ahhh the Sphere Grid, how I missed it. Gotta say this game looks damn good but some of these remastered tracks aren't good :(.

Wilsongt

I was given a explanation by a GS manager and apparently it depends on the publisher for the most part assuming there was not a shipping delay or something like that. Some publishers send out shipments later than others or on release week instead of a few days before.

Ah. Well, it's always been the case with me that unless it's a huge release like GTA/Football/Halo/CoD/dudebro shooter that most games arrive on Wednesday. This has always been true for RPGs and such.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Praying to da GameStop gods that they have extra LE copies so that I can do a trade since I preordered too late.

sqwarlock

Shit, there's a Gamestop near me doing a midnight launch. That means I could get my Vita version before I go to sleep. Gah, I'm so torn on what version I want to start the game on.

EDIT: OR, I buy the same version I'd pre-ordered from Amazon, and then return that version (unopened) to Gamestop and get the Vita version with my refund.

Persona7

Banned
Ah. Well, it's always been the case with me that unless it's a huge release like GTA/Football/Halo/CoD/dudebro shooter that most games arrive on Wednesday. This has always been true for RPGs and such.

Yeah, niche games by smaller publishers almost always arrive in stores on wednesday.

XJF

There are less nodes on the Expert Sphere Grid, right? So even if it does allow more freedom for individual characters early on, there really is no point of using it, right?

Teknoman

I was going to pick this up when gamestop opens but they are not even going to get the shipment until 2PM. That sucks.

I need to stop scheduling stuff around game releases, lol.

They should've "had" the game for a few days now. They usually get stuff like this in advance. Didnt get a call either, but they are there, or should be.

ZeroX03

Banned
Couldn't get the guide early unfortunately (store said there was no street date on it, but their shipment hasn't arrived) so can't cross check the information to see if they've updated older information and added all the international/trophy info. How is it for those that got it early?

Also for people in Europe, I managed to see a photo of our LE stock and unfortunately we didn't get the one originally pictured:

This is what the photo I've seen shows, it's slightly different to the US version - the Limited Edition text is at the top not the bottom - but I'm not sure what's inside exactly:

Shahadan

Fucking hell. The awesome cover art for FFX/X-2 HD is only for the limited edition?!

I want this cover.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81kTwJKrrQL._SL1500_.jpg/img]

It's fucking limited edition only? But S-E's site says they have a collectors edition available. I'm so CONFUSED.[/QUOTE]

It's like two lesbians inviting you to a threesome.

I look forward to walking to Gamestop tomorrow and have them telling me: A) It won't be here until Wednesday, or B) We only had enough copies to cover pre-orders.

If that happens here you will hear about an angry young man burning down a mall in Georgia tomorrow.

I'd totally do the download version if PS3 did not have that needing double the game size crap. Don't feel like deleting Ni No Kuni just to get 40gigs for a few hours so I can dl and install something.

Flandy

That soon? Aren't they usually updating in the afternoons not early morning these days? I was thinking more like 12 hours.

I'd say it's more like 8-12 hours. Store finishes updating by 2 PM PT but it gradually updates through out the morning. It will prob be up on the store via search by like 10 or 11 AM PT

Erigu

Asked this earlier, but no one seemed to know...how do you get that "extra episode" X-2.5 that Nojima wrote?
Final Fantasy X-2.5 is a novel that's set directly after the events of Final Fantasy X-2. Short of buying it and reading it in Japanese, there isn't much you can do.

Final Fantasy X -Will- is an audio drama set even after that (a year later, if I remember well?) that's included in Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. I believe you can watch/listen to it immediately from the main menu?

RedSwirl

The work SE put into this makes me very hopeful for an FFXII HD remaster. If it ever happens I know it won't be a rush job.

Only problem is, what would they bundle it with?

ZeroX03

Banned
No, cross-save is locked by region. Unless you hack the savefiles, I've done it with GTAIV before. However you'll be earning different trophy sets.

Has this been confirmed? I'll be able to check in a few hours. There have been cases where cross-save isn't locked by region and as far as I can see there's a universal trophy set that covers all regions and platforms of the game.

Top Bottom