• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ryushe

Man, I remember originally buying a PS2 just for this game (as well as MGS2) and now I'm playing this on a handheld while sitting on the toilet.

What an absolutely surreal and cathartic experience.

I'm apparently at the 50% mark of The Last of Us if the save game progress percent is any real indication. I'm probably going to have to put it on hold there, go through FFX HD, finish TLoU, and then start into X-2 HD. Of course the upcoming patch for FFXIV is going to wreck this plan anyways which makes me wonder why I even planned it.

That's in the original version too. Guess it wasn't fixed - or they just decided to keep it in. Kids can be weird sometimes...

Hah that's awesome. I don't recall that from the original. Anyway, here's a quick comparison since you provided the OG shot. (Sorry for the pic quality.)

3aSazJY.jpg

E2W2pAI.jpg

Flandy

"An Epic Tale" (SPOILERS)

Probably the best trailer they've done so far. Definitely my personal favorite. Put my hype into overdrive for tomorrow.

Screens are really crisp. Thanks for posting guys!
That was really good. Although the X portion of the video was a lot better than the X-2 side

I'm apparently at the 50% mark of The Last of Us if the save game progress percent is any real indication. I'm probably going to have to put it on hold there, go through FFX HD, finish TLoU, and then start into X-2 HD. Of course the upcoming patch for FFXIV is going to wreck this plan anyways which makes me wonder why I even planned it.
You aren't going to be able to stop playing once Summer ends. What part of the game are you on. Spoiler tag it obviously

Hah that's awesome. I don't recall that from the original. Anyway, here's a quick comparison since you provided the OG shot. (Sorry for the pic quality.)

3aSazJY.jpg

E2W2pAI.jpg

Anyone who still tries to say there isn't much of a difference needs to get their eyes checked. The textures on the HD image look incredible compared to the original. I'm glad they kept that line in the game. It was a classic then and it's still great now

Dragon

Banned
"I'm gonna be a blitzball" is such a great line for a kid to say. Why does it have to be a typo?

Most people don't say that they want to be an inanimate object when they grow up. It doesn't make any sense. It makes way more sense that there's a missing "player" in there.

Flandy

Most people don't say that they want to be an inanimate object when they grow up. It doesn't make any sense. It makes way more sense that there's a missing "player" in there.

Most people don't move their office based on the advice from a fortune teller either.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458304

TLoU Spoilers
Still in Summer. Currently in Pittsburgh, just ran into the father and his son who are tourists on the run from the Hunters.

I guess that's as good as place to stop as any.

sorry for my ignorance but has there been any Vita specific reviews or articles where they mention its performance on Vita?

Really want to know what resolution its running at, how frequent are frame drops, etc.

sqwarlock

So we're pretty sure the Vita version that will be on PSN won't be separate downloads, right? Like, I'll need the entire ~7 GB available?

Flandy

So we're pretty sure the Vita version that will be on PSN won't be separate downloads, right? Like, I'll need the entire ~7 GB available?

I think the general consensus is that they will be separate downloads since the retail version comes with a X-2 voucher. That would seem imply that they already have different bubbles. I'm not sure if we know for sure though

Dragon

Banned

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

It sounds like a line that a random child NPC would say in a jRPG.

Reminds me of the kid saying "Vroom vroom, Magitek Armor" in VI (something along those lines).

"I'm gonna be a blitzball" is such a great line for a kid to say. Why does it have to be a typo?

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the line. Just didn't think the writers would be that zany.

Anyone who still tries to say there isn't much of a difference needs to get their eyes checked. The textures on the HD image look incredible compared to the original. I'm glad they kept that line in the game. It was a classic then and it's still great now

Lol wtf people were trying to say this? Yeah, no, game has an undeniable fresh, shiny and new coat. Even with all questionable changes (Tidus's face - which actually doesn't look as bad in motion for me, and remastered soundtrack) the magic has still been intact so far.

Flandy

Well I'll have to give you a 10/10 for the non sequitur. Not really sure what that has to do with anything :).

Disregarding sense and wanting to be essentially a football that is thrown/kicked around at various speeds are kinda different :p.

1. I wanted an excuse to post that
2. Was just saying that some people do/want odd things :p

How are people taking screenshots? Can you do this on the Vita? How?
Home + Start at the same time on the Vita

Dragon

Banned
It sounds like a line that a random child NPC would say in a jRPG.

Reminds me of the kid saying "Vroom vroom, Magitek Armor" in VI (something along those lines).

Reminds me of:

This-guy-are-sick.jpeg

1. I wanted an excuse to post that
2. Was just saying that some people do/want odd things :p

Fair enough. Fortune telling does make about as much sense as wanting to be an ice cream cone I suppose.

Just beat Tales of Symphonia and holy damn, it's such a phenomenal game! Easily in my top 3 favourite Tales games along with Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia!

It's funny, I was ready for Final Fantasy X for the past week, excited to play it, but I just want to play more ToS now, which is obviously fine given the greatness that it is! I'm still picking up Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for PS3 tomorrow, though, and probably getting the Vita version too, it's just that my Tales games take priority over all else!

Dragon

Banned
Just beat Tales of Symphonia and holy damn, it's such a phenomenal game! Easily in my top 3 favourite Tales games along with Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia!

It's funny, I was ready for Final Fantasy X for the past week, excited to play it, but I just want to play more ToS now, which is fine given the greatness that it is! I'm still picking up Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for PS3 tomorrow, though, and probably getting the Vita version too.

ToS and FFX have a lot in common, FYI, but I find FFX the superior game. Although Lloyd and Tidus are both pretty braindead :).

AmanoBuff

sorry for my ignorance but has there been any Vita specific reviews or articles where they mention its performance on Vita?

Really want to know what resolution its running at, how frequent are frame drops, etc.

Quoting myself from a previous page:

This is as far as a technical analysis on the Vita version as I could find. Pretty thorough and well written.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/game...-hd-remaster-vita-out-now-impressio-31005418/

Also, here's my short review of the Japanese Vita version if you'd like to read it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748841

I am pretty sure I read the SQEX Japanese PR lady (or the European PR guy) say that gamers should be able to download FFX and FFX-2 separately on different bubbles. I can't seem to find the post or comment though since I'm on mobile.

3aSazJY.jpg

E2W2pAI.jpg

But they've cropped the image. Instead of adding shit on the sides they've cropped mainly the top of the screen.

But hey, I'll forgive them because it looks absolutely brilliant!

Now release an original soundtrack patch and we're talking.

Btw, will they release both games seperately on the store?

So I have the money sitting in PSN Wallet and can buy it on either the Vita or the PS3. I don't know which to get it for. I have been planning to get it for the Vita but I bet it will look and sound better on the PS3.

Any advice from people who have played it on both?

TheContact

Getting this tomorrow after work, it's been a long wait but I'm going to be so happy to be able to play FFX on the Vita, HD remaster or not

Flandy

So I have the money sitting in PSN Wallet and can buy it on either the Vita or the PS3. I don't know which to get it for. I have been planning to get it for the Vita but I bet it will look and sound better on the PS3.

Any advice from people who have played it on both?

Haven't played either. Get it on Vita so Square gives us Type-0 and XII HD on Vita too :D
In my dreams x__x

ToS and FFX have a lot in common, FYI, but I find FFX the superior game. Although Lloyd and Tidus are both pretty braindead :).

Cool, cool, I don't mind that at all!

But hey, at least Lloyd has a heart. And one hell of a big one at that. I'm guessing Tidus is similar in that respect, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

aceface

I'm having issues, too. How did you call them? I can't find a phone number anywhere on the shop site.

Called squares customer support and they gave me the number.

It's 18005987450.

But don't expect them to know anything. I know it's probably the plush I ordered that's holding everything up, because that item is not even listed on the store anymore. I tried to tell the guy this on the phone but he wasn't comprehending me. Just kept saying "everything is back ordered."

Having just finished replaying ToS HD this weekend...I was surprised how much I actually ended up liking Lloyd. Back when I played it in like 2004 I remember thinking he was pretty simple and cookie cutter, but replaying it now I appreciated that he had a very consistent personality and set of ideals, but not in an annoying way. He also tells people off for their bullshit a lot which is more than 90% of JRPG protagonists even do.

I also appreciated that him and Colette don't really beat around the bush with the fact that they like each other. Too many JRPGs are filled with "W...w...what!??! I d...don't like him!!" lines and that's pretty much absent here. They like each other and the both know it and accept it. It's cute!

Hopefully FFX holds up to what it is in my head too. I also haven't played it for like 10 years.

TEJ

Tidus seems whiny at first but
he was a pampered jock sent into a time where his world is completely alien to him, almost everyone he knew is gone, etc

So, it's understandable why he's not some stoic ahnuld type hero.

Flandy

Tidus seems whiny at first but
he was a pampered jock sent into a time where his world is completely alien to him, almost everyone he knew is gone, etc

So, it's understandable why he's not some stoic ahnuld type hero.

Tidus doesn't actually
travel 1000 years into the future. Dream Zanerkand exists as a summon of sort from all of the old summoners in the real Zanerkand 1000 years before. It existed just in the middle of the ocean where nobody could get to it

Top Bottom