• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I hope it sells enough to warrant FFXII HD Vita... or heck both KH collections.

So how do we know if the store updates? Just... keep refreshing? No tweet / blog saying it's up?

I would be down for the KH collections just like today. Seriously, all the childhood memories on the go would be sweet.

Roto13

So how do we know if the store updates? Just... keep refreshing? No tweet / blog saying it's up?

There will be a blog post when it's fully updated, but stuff will be added throughout the day and be findable/buyable if you search for it in the store.

Whhaaaat?

The vita is made for RPGs. It's a persona machine! As of today, the only system that can play ALL of the first 10 Final Fantasies, and have them all on one memory card, is the Playstation Vita!

I have the first 9 and I'm just waiting for this to release to complete the page. To have the first 11 games (I'll have FFX on the cart and X-2 digitally) on one portable machine is honestly mind blowing. I never thought this would happen. If they HD XII as well for the Vita then I will scream like a little girl with joy lol

Hollycat

If they had to HD another game to bring with XII... probably Dirge of Cerberus. Ick.

I wouldn't say no to a remaster of Crisis Core. Or they could put it on Vita in the first place.

I would rather play Aquaman and the search for the holy Mullet than let DoC get a remake.

I have the first 9 and I'm just waiting for this to release to complete the page. To have the first 11 games (I'll have FFX on the cart and X-2 digitally) on one portable machine is honestly mind blowing. I never thought this would happen. If they HD XII as well for the Vita then I will scream like a little girl with joy lol
You and me both.

marrec

Banned

I think at this point it's a safe bet that FFX/X-2 HD has already sold enough to warrant a XII HD. Whether or not Square delivers though is the question and if we'd have to wait another 2.5 years from any hypothetical announcement.

TheGrue

Any word yet on the Vita version and whether it might have issues? Not likely to double dip and I will play it more on a handheld than I would my home console.

squall211

They'd planned KH2.5 before 1.5 even released and they announced it a month after the Western release. They've already seen X HD's good Japanese sales and should do very well in the West, XII HD seems like a no-brainer. If they don't waste time with unnecessarily remixing music that'd probably speed things up, if they've got the original assets it should really be a six month turn around... but Square-Enix has a crappy track record. But they also clearly learned a lot from KH1.5 and FFX HD.

I know some people don't like the remixed music for FFX (I personally love it as a whole), but I understand why SE decided to try and "update" it.

But for FFXII, "updating" the music really isn't necessary. The music in FFXII was horribly compressed. Listening to the OST outside of the game almost felt like listening to a different soundtrack (well, not really, but you get what I'm saying.) All SE would really need to do with FFXII's music is make sure it's uncompressed, at least for the PS3. That would probably satisfy everyone.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wouldn't say no to a remaster of Crisis Core. Or they could put it on Vita in the first place.

I would rather play Aquaman and the search for the holy Mullet than let DoC get a remake.

You and me both.

Dirge of Cerberus + Crisis Core = Compilation of Final Fantasy VII HD Collection. Comes with a digital download of Advent Children but not the original FFVII because "It was never part of the compilation. Please understand."

FFXII out in the cold again.

Just picked up the Vita version. Waiting for PS3 LE from Amazon :3

Please give us some impressions of the Vita version when you've had a chance to play it :)

Any word yet on the Vita version and whether it might have issues? Not likely to double dip and I will play it more on a handheld than I would my home console.

It has a couple of framerate drops in busy scenes with a lot of npcs but other than that the reports are that it runs really well on the Vita

squall211

I think at this point it's a safe bet that FFX/X-2 HD has already sold enough to warrant a XII HD. Whether or not Square delivers though is the question and if we'd have to wait another 2.5 years from any hypothetical announcement.

I can't see it taking nearly as long as X/X-2, and I'm saying this as someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the workings of the game industry. I'd imagine the revamping of FFXIV was a big reason why X/X-2 HD took so damn long to finish. With that out of the way, I would hope it would take half (at most) the time to get a FF XII HD Remaster out the door.

Hollycat

So it's still not up for download yet?

2 Central time has been their recent norm. Could take to as late as 6 though.

I can't see it taking nearly as long as X/X-2, and I'm saying this as someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the workings of the game industry. I'd imagine the revamping of FFXIV was a big reason why X/X-2 HD took so damn long to finish. With that out of the way, I would hope it would take half (at most) the time to get a FF XII HD Remaster out the door.

Actually, re texturing and upgrading the meshes isn't a long process. The game just has a lot of content to upgrade. Like, a lot, even for a PS2 RPG. I'd imagine that either most of the work was put into the remixed tracks and new content.

Either that or they only had 2 or 3 people working on it.

Probably both things are true

My copy should be here today! Can't wait! :)

I was impressed by those texture improvements linked a few pages back. It looks like they put a lot of work into the remaster (more so than any other dev anyways).

Wookieomg

I figure it would be more relaxing to play long rpgs like this on a coach staring at a TV instead of the little vita. Also I prefer retail copies and was extremely turned off that FFX-2 is just a voucher code for the digital version, they got cheap and lazy on that.

PS Vita

I'm biased though as that's my only option lol. To have it on the go will be amazing. Really depends on your playing habits

It stays synched to the PS4, it only works with the PS3 whilst plugged in.

Final Fantasy. In your hand. While at work. While on the bus. On a plane. In the car. At your In-laws house. Somewhere without plugs. At the hospital, which has lots of plugs.

Anywhere.

Vita is the way to go.

Hm... Think I'll opt for the Vita version! Played the original on PS2 so need to mix it up a bit I think. Thanks everyone!

Just picked up my PS3 LE and Vita copies from EBGames (it's within walking distance of my office)... Thanks EB for the $5 Canadian tax added to each! They tried to sell me the Brady Games guide for the two of them; I told them I've still got my originals at home! :)

right chuffed really... can't wait for work to be over...

I figure it would be more relaxing to play long rpgs like this on a coach staring at a TV instead of the little vita. Also I prefer retail copies and was extremely turned off that FFX-2 is just a voucher code for the digital version, they got cheap and lazy on that.
I think it's just a question of economies of scale... there aren't many NA Vita owners to begin with, so Squenix are going to want to maximize their profits on the Vita version to make it worth their while. With the PS3 version, both games fit comfortably on a single Blu, but for Vita they would have had to manufacture an extra game cart for X-2, and that's not cheap. If it's a choice between getting a download voucher and not getting the Vita version localized at all, I'll take the voucher, though I would have prefered the cart (hell, I would have paid them $20 extra for a cart, but I know I'm not in the majority).

Korezo

I'm ready.

cX8yPWk.jpg

The_Monk

My PS Vita copy just arrived, I'm so happy. I was expecting this to be here in the 21Th (EU release date, I think?) but they sent it early. Will update with a pick-up post later in this week on said thread.

Like I said, I paid this pre-order back in January as a little reward for pulling an all-night working (I do not recommenced this, at all). inFAMOUS will have to wait as the price for this was cheaper (it does not helped when I attended to the Sucker Punch even in here on Friday...). Hope everyone gets their copy as soon as possible, this has been a great hyping thread for this release, filled with many helpful and enjoyable fellow GAFfers. :)

btkadams

ok it really needs to be up on psn soon. i'm getting too excited haha. i have a tab open with final fantasy x searched on the ps store. just refreshing constantly.

RPGCrazied

Question about trophy icons. Are they half assed? Like ToS, it only had 1 image for all of them. Or do they have little different art for each one?

AEREC

Will probably pick this up at a retail store today...vita version. Hope it's not like Bravely Default where it couldnt be found anywhere for a week because they didnt make enough copies.

btkadams

cool, my ps3 version is out for delivery. i didn't think it was coming today. i guess i'll play that before the vita digital version goes up (yes i'm a whore and i want both).

AmanoBuff

Today's the day. Not only is this game finally out, now SE has no other FF game to talk about except XV (I guess there's Curtain Call...)

Can you believe it has been more than 2 years since announcement? The time has finally come.

Of course it's not the only game they have to talk about.
They HAVE to start talking about FFXII HD, Crisis Core HD and Type-0 HD :D

Seems longer. Just imagine how long FF XII HD will take, if they end up doing it. I guess it depends on how this sells first.

Seriously, how the hell did it take that long?

They announced it way, way too early to coincide with the FF 20th anniversary and to show some support to the Vita during TGS. So if they ever announce XII HD, I suppose it will take a lot less time from announcement to actual release.

It's quite unbelievable to have all these FF in the palm of your hands right? That's one of the main reasons I own a Vita and why it is my favorite handheld of all time.

And if they announce XII HD, I'll join you in that girly scream pal!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I am having a really hard time deciding between PS3 and Vita. PS3 is 1080p, right?

Christ I wish they just made it cross buy.

Shahadan

Just learned about Grace Chen Time, laughed and then cried.
How can this be even possible :lol: I have so much to learn!
Please update the store already I'm sick of waiting ;(

Top Bottom