• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Roto13

Guys, it's not likely to be on the PSN Store for another 4 or 5 hours at least, so hold your collective roll. :p

Feel free to check for it every five minutes so I don't have to, though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yes. I've checked all local retailers (I'm from Malaysia, which is under R3) and all of them tell me the same - English subs and English voices and no R3 version with Japanese voices and English subs exist.

That Play-Asia site you linked me is the only site which I've found where it's stated that the R3 versions has Japanese voices and English subs (and it's still marked as TBC). By the way, that picture of the back of the box is wrong,the product is for FFX, but the picture of the back of the box is FFX-2's Japanese box.

NOPE. English voice (dub) and subs. The initial premium is a yuna summoner's dress for lightning returns. Just came home from the mall and got my copies of the game.

I got the (Asia) R3 version of the game for the Vita since I want physical copies of FFX and also X-2. They will now join the physical copies of DBZ, New Little King's Story and Dokuro that released here in SEA.

Thank you guys.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Confirmed: R3 FFX and FFX-2 HD Vita are sold separately, physical copies for both. Both are in English dubs and subs. FFX HD R3 also comes with a Yuna Summoner costume for Lightning for LRFFXIII.

RPGCrazied

Today is the day folks! Finally. Such a long time, but the wait is over! This game from announcement was like 3 years or so from release?

Confirmed: R3 FFX and FFX-2 HD Vita are sold separately, physical copies for both. Both are in English dubs and subs. FFX HD R3 also comes with a Yuna Summoner costume for Lightning for LRFFXIII.

Have you secured your own copy of the games? The THIRST FOR FF IS STILL REAL in our country (PH). The three stores near me sold out in just an afternoon. Thank God, I preordered.

hwy_61

Banned

R3= Region 3? What part of the world is that? Sorry for the ignorance.

MSMrRound

R3= Region 3? What part of the world is that? Sorry for the ignorance.

Asia (outside of Japan)...so that include countries such as Taiwan, Singapore etc.

I'm in Singapore and I was hoping to pick it up earlier after work, but the shop that I pre-ordered my X/X2 Vita with said that they received word from local suppliers that it will only reach them the day after tomorrow ( 20/03/14 Thursday)

This sucks.

On another note...I'm feeling a real urge to pick up the Bradygames strategy copy of the game...guess I'm off to Amazon.

Animekatt

I got my guide yesterday, and the vita version will come tomorrow. I may just buy it from Best Buy, and return the mailed one tomorrow, as I'm impatient.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Have you secured your own copy of the games? The THIRST FOR FF IS STILL REAL in our country (PH). The three stores near me sold out in just an afternoon. Thank God, I preordered.

Yup. I only got FFX Vita.

Still contemplating if I should get the PS3 version or FFX-2 Vita.

marrec

Banned
Contemplating an impulse buy purchase of X|X2 Vita edition at Target this morning... >.<

Ugggh... I could go get it at lunch... but I have money sitting and waiting in my PSN account for this purchase.

Why do I submit my gaming future to the whims of Grace Chen?!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Best Buy wouldn't let me pre-order online so I hope they have the Vita version in store. I'll check at noon.

This will be my first playthrough of both games. :)

Ohnonono

Game in hand! Wont be playing till after 8pm EST though :( My only retail vita game. Just leave FFX in the slot and save my 32G a bit of space.

Want to buy it, but there's only EB games on my way home, and I hate them, and don't want to give my money to em.
Hopefully HMV still sells games i have like 10$ credit and i'll buy it for vita.

Hollycat

I'm hoping there will be a digital bundle on PSN so I can save $5 on the Vita version, otherwise, I'm going to have to go by gamestop to save myself some storage

squall211

Seems longer. Just imagine how long FF XII HD will take, if they end up doing it. I guess it depends on how this sells first.

When it's all said and done, this remake is likely going to top the 1mil sales mark worldwide. SE would be complete and utter idiots to NOT do FFXII HD.

Yup. I only got FFX Vita.

Still contemplating if I should get the PS3 version or FFX-2 Vita.

Almost everyone in the store also wants that FFX-2 Vita. Seems the slow Internet connections here in our country did its part so even the sequel is sold out. All the slot in the stores near my location's Vita allocations are already taken. The R3 versions are pretty much in demand.

braves01

Banned

Cool, thanks. I might have to go to the store today to pick this up!

Hollycat

Ok dumb question, I've never used my ps4 controller on my ps3. Can I do so easily or will it be a pain having to resync it to each system everytime?

It stays synched to the PS4, it only works with the PS3 whilst plugged in.

So I'm torn between the PS3 version and the Vita version... Someone convince me one way or another please?

Final Fantasy. In your hand. While at work. While on the bus. On a plane. In the car. At your In-laws house. Somewhere without plugs. At the hospital, which has lots of plugs.

Anywhere.

Vita is the way to go.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems longer. Just imagine how long FF XII HD will take, if they end up doing it. I guess it depends on how this sells first.

They'd planned KH2.5 before 1.5 even released and they announced it a month after the Western release. They've already seen X HD's good Japanese sales and should do very well in the West, XII HD seems like a no-brainer. If they don't waste time with unnecessarily remixing music that'd probably speed things up, if they've got the original assets it should really be a six month turn around... but Square-Enix has a crappy track record. But they also clearly learned a lot from KH1.5 and FFX HD.

However I was under the impression that Sony wasn't keen on pubs releasing single game HD remakes as physical releases, which is something SE would probably want. There are ways around it though, Tekken Hybrid bundled a movie and demo.

Ok dumb question, I've never used my ps4 controller on my ps3. Can I do so easily or will it be a pain having to resync it to each system everytime?

Just plug the PS4 controller into your PS3 via USB and it'll work. It doesn't sync to your PS3.

Just make sure your PS4 isn't turned on at the same time, the PS4 controller can actually control both your PS3 and PS4 at the same time with hilarious results.

So I'm torn between the PS3 version and the Vita version... Someone convince me one way or another please?

I figure it would be more relaxing to play long rpgs like this on a coach staring at a TV instead of the little vita. Also I prefer retail copies and was extremely turned off that FFX-2 is just a voucher code for the digital version, they got cheap and lazy on that.

RPGCrazied

When it's all said and done, this remake is likely going to top the 1mil sales mark worldwide. SE would be complete and utter idiots to NOT do FFXII HD.

I hope so. Its not my favorite FF, but I like it so much more than the the XIII games. It's a huge game, so it could take another 2 years to do probably. I hope they have a faster turn around doing this than the FF X|FFX-2 time in development though.

I hope it sells enough to warrant FFXII HD Vita... or heck both KH collections.

So how do we know if the store updates? Just... keep refreshing? No tweet / blog saying it's up?

RPGCrazied

However I was under the impression that Sony wasn't keen on pubs releasing single game HD remakes as physical releases, which is something SE would probably want. There are ways around it though, Tekken Hybrid bundled a movie and demo.

They could try and upres Revenant Wings, lol.

Hollycat

I figure it would be more relaxing to play long rpgs like this on a coach staring at a TV instead of the little vita. Also I prefer retail copies and was extremely turned off that FFX-2 is just a voucher code for the digital version, they got cheap and lazy on that.

Whhaaaat?

The vita is made for RPGs. It's a persona machine! As of today, the only system that can play ALL of the first 10 Final Fantasies, and have them all on one memory card, is the Playstation Vita!

Top Bottom