• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Seik

Banned
Futureshop still hasn't shipped my copy...

I fear they're pulling a Bravely Default on me (waited a month then bought it elsewhere.). D:

XJF

The original guide should be fine with the PS3 version (as if you need it) with the exception of the optional bosses, right?

Glancing through the guide, it looks EXTREMELY condensed. I would say the classic guide is better in every way. And they only breeze over the Dark Aeons and such, giving very little information as to strategy. Any online guide for those would be more beneficial, IMHO

Frazley

Can't wait for the PSN download. I got my 64GB card all ready to go. Will use my 32GB card on my Vita TV when they come stateside.

Post man said he tried to deliver it at 9am. That liar. There was no knock and my mailbox was empty when I left for work at 11am.

Guess I have to make a trip to the post office after work.

Had that happen for the second time recently. Was told a package was attempted delivery to an address on a Sunday that USPS KNOWS is a business that is closed on the weekends. They claim to have left a notice. Also a while back one driver claimed to have attempted delivery at 7:40pm when we WERE HOME at the front door.

Wilsongt

Glancing through the guide, it looks EXTREMELY condensed. I would say the classic guide is better in every way. And they only breeze over the Dark Aeons and such, giving very little information as to strategy. Any online guide for those would be more beneficial, IMHO

Oh good.

XJF

Input lag on the PS3 makes Tidus' Overdrive just a tad more difficult. Nothing we can't manage though.

Of course I can never have any dealings with Digital River without it being a clusterfuck. First, the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition debacle and now this. Looks like my CE isn't shipping from them until May since i had the Drakengard 3 CE in the same order and they don't fucking ship things separately like every other god damn online store currently in existence.

AmanoBuff

Vita version is up on the store already!!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ster/cid=UP0082-NPUB50097_00-B000000000000250

Edit: SO BOUGHT!

e8zL2nn.png

Picked up the Vita version from gamestop over lunch and got about 40 minutes of playtime in. Dang do those pre-rendered cutscenes look pretty... And so far, nothing about the music has bothered me. The battle music is the only one I noticed a big difference in, and I honestly like it. The original will always have that classic PS2-era sound that we all grew to love, but I am not at all opposed to moving to more modern and truer sounding arrangements for a remake.

According to USPS tracking, my CE package made it to the my post office this morning, but they're always so slow to update that I'll probably have to wait until I get home to see if it was delivered. Looking forward to seeing this game in all its glory tonight.

Of course I can never have any dealings with Digital River without it being a clusterfuck. First, the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition debacle and now this. Looks like my CE isn't shipping from them until May since i had the Drakengard 3 CE in the same order and they don't fucking ship things separately like every other god damn online store currently in existence.

Holy shit, they group orders together by default? Wtf?!

XJF

Try setting your PS3 to 720p. Upscaling can cause input lag sometimes. We deal with this in virtually all fighting games and 720p fixes it.

WIll try that out. Fighting games aren't my forte so I've never encountered this problem before. Camera in this is worse than in KH1 lol. dat fixed camera...

Picked up the Vita version from gamestop over lunch and got about 40 minutes of playtime in. Dang do those pre-rendered cutscenes look pretty... And so far, nothing about the music has bothered me. The battle music is the only one I noticed a big difference in, and I honestly like it. The original will always have that classic PS2-era sound that we all grew to love, but I am not at all opposed to moving to more modern and truer sounding arrangements for a remake.

According to USPS tracking, my CE package made it to the my post office this morning, but they're always so slow to update that I'll probably have to wait until I get home to see if it was delivered. Looking forward to seeing this game in all its glory tonight.

Let us know what you think of Besaid Island. I like this version a lot, but still long for the original.

UGGHHHH I'm going to have to choose between PS3 and Vita today, finally.

Both ain't happening.

WHAT DO I DOOOOOO???

(Also some more Vita footage would be awesome, if anyone finds some new videos of the english version, please post them)

cafemomo

Giving away X-2
crossposting from vita thread

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a PSN key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Final Fantasy X2 HD Vita -- MB-EBAE3E02B751788D

t1395247771z1.png

Can someone tell me where I can purchase the collectors edition in US? It's not in stock on Amazon and I don't want to pay ebay's absurd prices.

I'm a little bit confused. Is there a limited and collector's edition?

Collector edition is at SE store only and includes a large package with integrated 40 page artbook, 5 prints and a soundtrack disc. Its $80.

Limited edition is first print run "regular" edition that has the integrated artbook but its smaller (same size as the tomb raider artbook/definitie edition) and has 24 pages and no soundtrack/prints. its half the price though. biggest different artbook wise is CE includes pics of all the costumes which is cool but I think the guide has those images.

since game came out today best chance to get limited edition may be to run by gamestop and see if they have a spare. I dont know if other stores have them (target, best buy etc)

Polyphonic

Neo Member
WIll try that out. Fighting games aren't my forte so I've never encountered this problem before. Camera in this is worse than in KH1 lol. dat fixed camera...

FFX HD runs in native 1080P on PS3 so I don't think there would be any upscaling lag he is talking about. Your HDTV might have some post processing enabled maybe?

XJF

FFX HD runs in native 1080P on PS3 so I don't think there would be any upscaling lag he is talking about. Your HDTV might have some post processing enabled maybe?

i'm on a bravia V-Series right now. I'll test it against the Bravia in my room when I change locations later today. It's not really a big deal.

I've never understood how the players can play Blitzball underwater....

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ugh. With the slim Vita yet to have a release date for North America, now I'm tempted to just go out and buy the PS3 version instead.
I must ask, why would you be waiting for a Vita Slim?

I mean, seriously, the size difference is minimal but the drop in screen quality is massive. I wouldn't mind having a Slim model with a better screen but, as it is, it's a pretty low rent option in comparison. You'd be better off obtaining an original Vita while they're still available. I'm thinking of buying a second one just for backup.

Mononoke

Banned
Forgot I had the limited edition version ordered on Amazon a long time ago. Thing is, I don't have a PS3 anymore. lol So they sent me my copy. Amazon was nice enough to refund me instantly (I just have to return the game within 30 days). So I got the money back into my account. NOW, I have to decide if I want to buy this digitally on PSN for my Vita.

I feel torn on it, because I honestly hated the story from X and X-2 (the entire Tidus/Yuna plot IMO is so unsatisfying). But I also really enjoyed X and X-2.

antibolo

Banned
What's their fucking excuse for not selling them separately anyway??

In Japan and Asia you can totally buy them separately from day one.

Not to mention you can get a retail version of X-2, too.

What's their fucking excuse for not selling them separately anyway??

In Japan and Asia you can totally buy them separately from day one.

Not to mention you can get a retail version of X-2, too.

You're trying to find logic and reason in a company that has long since had none.

Aeana

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(

So how does the Vita version play? I got the PS3 version because I am a sucker for limited edition stuff. The KH art book was neat and I like the Cartman Wizard figure from SP:SoT. I am getting it tonight and will post impressions tomorrow.

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(
I remember playing it and liking it, then a wall of sidequests happened at the end and I never finished it. Is the ending worth it? I may give it another chance after playing FFX.

XJF

i beat it 6 times to get 6 iron dukes. The only thing that kept me going was how good the OST was.

Roto13

Yeah, it's a bit too Spice World, but the job system and battle system are top notch. I'll definitely be playing it again after I finish X.

XJF

In the classic version, i don't remember being able to see Rikku's eyes through her goggles when she makes her first appearance. Nice touch.

Aeana

i beat it 6 times to get 6 iron dukes. The only thing that kept me going was how good the OST was.
I think the combat system really shines on the more difficult content, provided you aren't exploiting things like the trigger happy/cat nip thing (which got severely nerfed in the international version anyway).

Top Bottom