• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Has anyone gotten their CE from Square-Enix? Mine shipped, but it's still in NJ it seems (I'm in NY).

yeah mine just arrived and I had free shipping deal

South FL

Love the packaging, its really nice art in there. I would like to know how the limited edition artbook compares - is it just a subset? LE says 24 pages I think vs 40 for CE

edit- looks like main difference is CE adds pages for all the dresses/costumes for the characters

Game looks and sounds great, a big visual upgrade will be like playing a new game. excite.

ZeroX03

Banned
ps3 is 720p.

No, it's 1080p.

Whether its native or upscaled is another story. Have heard no confirmation from pixel counters. It's nice, sharp and beautiful either way. By eye I'd say native w/ no AA but it's hard to tell, the few other HD remasters that were native came at a compromise. KH1.5 was slightly upscaled to 1080p, looked great.

XJF

My body is ready!!!
Since end-game superbosses are the main threat, Standard grid due to more nodes?

l6ybzZ6l.jpg

btkadams

No, it's 1080p.

Whether its native or upscaled is another story. Have heard no confirmation from pixel counters. It's nice, sharp and beautiful either way.
this is what he was asking, not if the ps3 can output 1080p. i was told that the ps3 version was 720p. is it not?

If I'm going only with one playthrough, is Expert fine? I don't know how Expert pans out.

Also stuff I never figured out: is the EXP required for S. LVs capped? Does it get too grindy to level? Once someone learns a node, can you delete that node to make room for something better?

Apathy

I've have been at the Expert or Normal Grid screen for 10 mins...I can't decide help me Gaf

Normal if you need a bit more structure to what stats might be better for each character, expert for people that have played it before and know exactly what they want to grab

Kirye

Question before I go pick up one of the greatest creations known to mankind:

Will the Vita version be downloadable? And if so does it include X-2 or is it cheaper without it?

Will the Vita version be downloadable? And if so does it include X-2 or is it cheaper without it?

All Vita games are available as digital downloads, no exceptions. Whether or not X and X-2 will be sold separately remains to be seen. Most people will say that Square-Enix said they'd only be available together, but I think waiting until the Playstation Store updates before making a decision is a wise choice.

pariah164

The Vita version of X-2 is downloadable no matter what. Only X has a cart edition. It's $40 for both games if you buy retail.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Kirye

All Vita games are available as digital downloads, no exceptions. Whether or not X and X-2 will be sold separately remains to be seen. Most people will say that Square-Enix said they'd only be available together, but I think waiting until the Playstation Store updates before making a decision is a wise choice.

Thanks for the info. :D I'd prefer to get it digital but I don't want to miss out on X-2 just because of it. I'll have it on the PS3 version but still.

Just to clarify... I don't need twice the download space for downloading stuff on Vita right? It was pretty silly on the PS3 where you needed 10GB free space if you downloaded a 5GB something.

http://i.imgur.com/2kRRooVl.png[IMG]

Awwwwwwwww yissssssssss. Too bad I'm stuck at work lol.[/QUOTE]

Why not just ship stuff to your office? 99% of the time you'll be there. It's what I do for online orders.

Cornbread78

They could try and upres Revenant Wings, lol.

I'd take that!

FFXII and HD Remake of Revenant Wings. RW waould be great with teh VITA touc screen. I had a lot of fun playing that game on my DS..

Why not just ship stuff to your office? 99% of the time you'll be there. It's what I do for online orders.

Yes, this is exactly wat I do. I just tell the mailroom guy it's coming and he'll bring it up to me once it arrives. He said it's the big packages he says no to be cause the company is not liable for your personal stuff once it is delivered, and he does nto want to be responsible for it....

jrush64

Banned
Can someone tell me where I can purchase the collectors edition in US? It's not in stock on Amazon and I don't want to pay ebay's absurd prices.

I'm a little bit confused. Is there a limited and collector's edition?

btkadams

Just to clarify... I don't need twice the download space for downloading stuff on Vita right? It was pretty silly on the PS3 where you needed 10GB free space if you downloaded a 5GB something.

yeah, you only need space for the game (thankfully), not double the amount like on ps3.

Uthred

Does anyone with prior experience know if cross play games work across region? e.g. if I grab the US PSV version could I cross play with the EU PS3 version?

Carlisle

I forgot I preordered this like a year ago and just got a shipment notification from Amazon. I wasn't too hyped before since I played the original, but for some reason seeing that notice, my hype shot through the roof and now I'm jonesing.

Went to my local GS and they didn't have the Vita version in stock. Said tomorow it'd arrive. Called another GS about 20 mins away abs they had it. -_-

-NeoTB1-

This is what I used to do when working at the office. I noticed several other co-workers did the same thing. It was funny seeing people get games, movies, and other various things delivered right to their desk/cubicle/office. :p

Now I work remotely, so I'm always at home when stuff gets delivered.

AmanoBuff

I am having a really hard time deciding between PS3 and Vita. PS3 is 1080p, right?

Christ I wish they just made it cross buy.

Vita version of course. Dark Aeons and Penance while at the toilet.

Need I say more?

Here's a few potato shots I took with my phone a couple months back:

9VT8D6H.jpg

uMUsk1e.jpg

What am I doing, I don't have time for this D:

The ce feels light.

Much respect.

I so wasn't going to get this until I read this thread.. :( I hate you guys

Welcome aboard. This train doesn't stop.

LuniRPG

Can someone tell me where I can purchase the collectors edition in US? It's not in stock on Amazon and I don't want to pay ebay's absurd prices.

I'm a little bit confused. Is there a limited and collector's edition?

The collector's edition is a Square Enix's store exclusive here. I'm not sure where you can get the limited edition anymore.

aceface

I got it from SE directly. That backorder email was sent by mistake. Recheck your email for a tracking number.

I also ordered from Square. It hasn't shipped, I called them yesterday, they said it was still back ordered. I'm just checking to see if people who ordered after me are getting them.

krae_man

Post man said he tried to deliver it at 9am. That liar. There was no knock and my mailbox was empty when I left for work at 11am.

Guess I have to make a trip to the post office after work.

laoni

The original guide should be fine with the PS3 version (as if you need it) with the exception of the optional bosses, right?

Why not look at a PAL guide? We got FFX International to begin with, so I would assume our guide had those extras in

Top Bottom