• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

:lol This essay isn't getting finished tonight. Starting to get tired. I'll finish it tomorrow while i download FFX :D
Hopefully

I keep lurking in here hoping that PSN will put the game up.

Went to Wal-Mart at midnight and they said they didn't have a copy. (even though the guy I talked to on the phone said they did). I was beyond crushed.

jaxword

I keep lurking in here hoping that PSN will put the game up.

Went to Wal-Mart at midnight and they said they didn't have a copy. (even though the guy I talked to on the phone said they did). I was beyond crushed.

Pretty sure they're supposed to say yes as much as possible on the phone to encourage shopping. If you go all the way there, you may buy something, after all.

Going to be watching for your posts.

So you're saying the R3 versions like this one have English subs and voices, contradicting the back of the box?

Yes. I've checked all local retailers (I'm from Malaysia, which is under R3) and all of them tell me the same - English subs and English voices and no R3 version with Japanese voices and English subs exist.

That Play-Asia site you linked me is the only site which I've found where it's stated that the R3 versions has Japanese voices and English subs (and it's still marked as TBC). By the way, that picture of the back of the box is wrong,the product is for FFX, but the picture of the back of the box is FFX-2's Japanese box.

Can someone help me fill in the story of FFX. Im so confused. I've even googled a story synopsis but still have a few loopholes I can't plug. It'll be a very crap summary mind you. Obvious ENTIRE story spoiler below. Do not highlight it.

So thousands of years ago Zanarkand was at war with Bevelle. Yu Yevon convinces citizens of Zanarkand to conjure up Dream Zanarkand to make it live forever, they became the Fayth in the process of this.

Yu Yevon conjures up Sin, goes on an eternal rampage destroying anything machine based. This is the world as Yuna, Wakka etc... know it but 1000 years later. He told Yunalesca how to tame the beast if it came out of control thus setting off the teachings of Yevon and the summoners journey... grade A douche!

Fast forward to Tidus (start of the game). Sin appears doing his thing (im assuming Sin can cross over into the dream world?) takes Auron and Tidus to Spira. (How did Auron end up in DZ? I know hes dead and all but still confusing!) Sin is now Tidus' father. He does this so his son can kill him and end the cycle.

Laugh Scene ensues

Towards the end Yuna refuses to sacrifice a guardian for the final Aeon pissing off Yunalesca, she dies. The group decide to take on Sin inside with the help of Cid. Fight Jecht, Kill Yu Yevon. Eternal Calm.

Tidus now doesn't exist and bro fists Jecht.

Is this essentially it? How was Sin keeping the Fayth locked in the dream cycle? Is that explained?

Rodpad

Neo Member
Dream Zanarkand exists hidden deep in the ocean in today's Spira. If anyone finds it, they can just wander about.

The Fayth are under the control of Yu-Yevon. They can't stop dreaming/summoning until he is defeated.

Erigu

Obvious ENTIRE story spoiler below. Do not highlight it.
So thousands of years ago Zanarkand was at war with Bevelle. Yu Yevon convinces citizens of Zanarkand to conjure up Dream Zanarkand to make it live forever, they became the Fayth in the process of this.
Yu Yevon conjures up Sin
Basically correct, but just to be clear: Aeons are dreamt by Fayths and materialized by Summoners. In this case, the Gagazet Fayths were dreaming up a peaceful version of Zanarkand, and Yu Yevon was summoning it. Sin is just an armor protecting Yu Yevon.

He told Yunalesca how to tame the beast if it came out of control
It's not "out of control" at all. Sin does what it was always supposed to do: preserve (fake) Zanarkand by protecting its summoner and taking care of any potential threats (machines).
Yevon and Yunalesca (they're father and daughter) set this whole thing up because they were sore losers, basically. Now, the whole world has to follow "the teachings of Yevon", the ruins of (the real) Zanarkand are sacred ground, etc.

Sin appears doing his thing (im assuming Sin can cross over into the dream world?)
Again, the city and its inhabitants are one giant Aeon, so they actually exist somewhere in Spira. Not in a "dream world" (not literally, anyway).

How was Sin keeping the Fayth locked in the dream cycle?
Not sure what you mean by that.

Dream Zanarkand exists hidden deep in the ocean in today's Spira.
Do you have a source for that one?

Zoator

Can someone help me fill in the story of FFX. Im so confused. I've even googled a story synopsis but still have a few loopholes I can't plug. It'll be a very crap summary mind you. Obvious ENTIRE story spoiler below. Do not highlight it.

Yu Yevon conjures up Sin, goes on an eternal rampage destroying anything machine based. This is the world as Yuna, Wakka etc... know it but 1000 years later. He told Yunalesca how to tame the beast if it came out of control thus setting off the teachings of Yevon and the summoners journey... grade A douche!

Fast forward to Tidus (start of the game). Sin appears doing his thing (im assuming Sin can cross over into the dream world?) takes Auron and Tidus to Spira. (How did Auron end up in DZ? I know hes dead and all but still confusing!) Sin is now Tidus' father. He does this so his son can kill him and end the cycle.

Laugh Scene ensues

Towards the end Yuna refuses to sacrifice a guardian for the final Aeon pissing off Yunalesca, she dies. The group decide to take on Sin inside with the help of Cid. Fight Jecht, Kill Yu Yevon. Eternal Calm.

Tidus now doesn't exist and bro fists Jecht.

Is this essentially it? How was Sin keeping the Fayth locked in the dream cycle? Is that explained?

As the poster above me mentioned, Dream Zanarkand existed in the same physical world of Spira that the game takes place in. Auron is able to ride Sin back and forth between civilized Spira and Dream Zanarkand, without being harmed since he is already dead (it's also apparent that Jecht has some small amount of control over Sin).

The dreams of the fayth are effectively the same as summons. Yu Yevon ceaselessly summons the dream of Zanarkand from within Sin, and the fayth must oblige (just as in the summoning of Aeons). The fayth used to summon dream Zanarkand are citizens of ancient Zanarkand before it was destroyed, and they reside in the stone in Mt. Gagazet.

Reveirg

I've got a tricky question related to PSN account/Trophy management for this remaster collection.

I'm buying both the PS3 and vita version. I'm planning on playing FFX HD on PS3 while my girlfriend plays FFX-2 HD on my Vita.

She'll be playing on my Vita PSN account as I want the digital X-2 Vita version to be tied to my account. Now, is there a way to disable trophies while she plays, so that I can play X-2 later on (on either PS3 or Vita) and acquire trophies normally (i.e. starting with a clean slate)?

Rodpad

Neo Member
In the sea, as in out to sea. Not actually "IN" the sea :)

It seems to be accepted as fact by the community if you google around. There was a guide map that showed it, and I believe some developer interviews which confirmed it also.

Rodpad

Neo Member
Really hope it's just this scene, though with the way gaming assets work I fear that it might not be. Big oversight on their part if so.

51dc1da7_Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster-23.jpg

Looks like it's just the al-bhed model that was missing the correct eye texture.

With Japanese voices?
No, cross-save is locked by region. Unless you hack the savefiles, I've done it with GTAIV before. However you'll be earning different trophy sets.

NOPE. English voice (dub) and subs. The initial premium is a yuna summoner's dress for lightning returns. Just came home from the mall and got my copies of the game.

I got the (Asia) R3 version of the game for the Vita since I want physical copies of FFX and also X-2. They will now join the physical copies of DBZ, New Little King's Story and Dokuro that released here in SEA.

I've got a tricky question related to PSN account/Trophy management for this remaster collection.

I'm buying both the PS3 and vita version. I'm planning on playing FFX HD on PS3 while my girlfriend plays FFX-2 HD on my Vita.

She'll be playing on my Vita PSN account as I want the digital X-2 Vita version to be tied to my account. Now, is there a way to disable trophies while she plays, so that I can play X-2 later on (on either PS3 or Vita) and acquire trophies normally (i.e. starting with a clean slate)?

There is not a way to disable trophies, if the games share a trophy list you will have them pop up on the account for both games. You can hide them via the vita' trophy management app, but you can't delete them or prevent them from coming up.

Unless the games do not share a trophy list ( like rayman legend) it will pop up for both the vita version and the ps3 version. Even if they are not on the same list they will still be permanently attached to the account.

Comet

Bummer about PSN not updating at 12am, not sure why I thought that would happen... (Nintendo even updates at midnight, wtf)

Arthea

I find it strange that games have release date of 18th on UK PSN store, but when I bought them it says that they are available only on 20th? Why is that?
2 more days for me, it seems.

edited: ups it 21st, so 3 days more :(

Bummer about PSN not updating at 12am, not sure why I thought that would happen... (Nintendo even updates at midnight, wtf)
Only select games arrive on midnight. If you are talking about the complete ps store update they have never updated on midnight always afternoon on Tuesday's and Wednesday's.

ZeroX03

Banned

Yeah, as pointed out, not possible.

If you really want to keep your X-2 trophies separate, get her to use the download code on her PSN account and then buy an X-2 download code from someone on GAF/craigslist/whatever. A few people have mentioned that they're planning on selling their Vita codes.

No! My Vita version has been delayed by UPS due to "external factors." Oh well, at least my PS3 version was shipped seperately, and it should be here tonight. Can't wait.

Jacobbles

Yes! Local Aussie store already has it on sale a day ahead of the Thursday release.

Definitely getting the Vita version, but still not sure whether to get the limited PS3 version as well (the one with the artbook). Can anybody who has it say whether it's worth it or not? Considering I'm likely to play 90% of the games on the Vita.

Saphirax

I find it strange that games have release date of 18th on UK PSN store, but when I bought them it says that they are available only on 20th? Why is that?
2 more days for me, it seems.

The release date is the 21st for Europe. 18th is for US. It was probably a mixup on the PSN store.

bomer

Yes! Local Aussie store already has it on sale a day ahead of the Thursday release.

Definitely getting the Vita version, but still not sure whether to get the limited PS3 version as well (the one with the artbook). Can anybody who has it say whether it's worth it or not? Considering I'm likely to play 90% of the games on the Vita.

Wait what where!?

Holmes

Has this been confirmed? I'll be able to check in a few hours. There have been cases where cross-save isn't locked by region and as far as I can see there's a universal trophy set that covers all regions and platforms of the game.
If you can check and confirm, I would really appreciate it. It's really the only thing holding me back at this point, but I'm still probably going to get them.

As far as I can tell, the trophy sets are shared between all regions. Taking a quick glance at FFX HD's trophy list at PSNProfiles, the mix of recent people who gained trophies include Japanese, Taiwanese, Hong Kong, American and Austrian gamers. They could all technically be playing the same region's game, but I doubt that. (edit: I can confirm the list is shared between all regions)
Yes. I've checked all local retailers (I'm from Malaysia, which is under R3) and all of them tell me the same - English subs and English voices and no R3 version with Japanese voices and English subs exist.

That Play-Asia site you linked me is the only site which I've found where it's stated that the R3 versions has Japanese voices and English subs (and it's still marked as TBC). By the way, that picture of the back of the box is wrong,the product is for FFX, but the picture of the back of the box is FFX-2's Japanese box.
They seem to have switched FFX and X-2's back covers. And seeing as those back covers say the audio and subtitles are in Japanese gives me pause, even though everyone here seems to be saying audio and subtitles in English. For reference, here are Play-Asia's Chinese subtitled versions:

http://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-x-hd-remaster-chinese-subs-paOS-13-49-en-70-4ey1.html
http://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-x-2-hd-remaster-chinese-subs-paOS-13-49-en-70-4ey2.html

Doesn't show the back of the box to compare.

ZeroX03

Banned
If you can check and confirm, I would really appreciate it. It's really the only thing holding me back at this point, but I'm still probably going to get them.

I'm just waiting on the US PSN to update, then I'll know whether cross saves are cross region.

Europe folks: I should be able to do an unboxing of our LE tomorrow so we can see if there's any differences between our version and the US version. Guidebook too. Deliveries etc just got delayed. Not sure if we're getting art cards from the Vita version unfortunately, there's no sticker on the cover like the US version.

Top Bottom