• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

It's the only thing I thought possible for the Via Infinito, and all this time thought the TH/Cat-Nip strat was intentional.

I had never heard of this until recently so I never used it when I beat the game when it first came out. I just used the mascot dress spheres seeing as they seem so op and kicked
Trema
right in the love nuts

The_Monk

lol, in X you were able to kill every boss in the end with doublecast and ultima.........if you built a character correctly.

That part might be where I could have some trouble. But let's wait and see how this goes.

Another GAFfer in this thread said to not avoid any random encounters to keep me on the same level as my enemies. Seems a good advice. If there's more tips, feel free to let me know my good people!

Teknoman

i beat it 6 times to get 6 iron dukes. The only thing that kept me going was how good the OST was.

Yeah it was amazing. Didnt she do the Playonline music as well? I remember hearing that she decided to stop composing since people complained about it back in the day?

XJF

Interesting. I've never gotten all the way to the bottom, but I don't remember any of the mid-bosses giving me trouble.

first two bosses were cake
spider was easy, black elemental could be taken down with Dark Knights CHARON ability
, but the one's after that have like 180+K HP.
The shelled conquerer and the basilisk
seem like they'd suck without TH/Cat Nip. Not to mention the final two

Just picked up my vita copy and played for 30 minutes.

"Get outta my town!"

"You cried."

Oh yeah!!! Feelsgoodman.
You wanna.............................try that move..............................one more time.

That part might be where I could have some trouble. But let's wait and see how this goes.

Another GAFfer in this thread said to not avoid any random encounters to keep me on the same level as my enemies. Seems a good advice. If there's more tips, feel free to let me know my good people!

As long as you fight evetything and try to use everyone as much as possible in each fight you will be fine

Btw, I remember seeing that "exclusive art cards" thing on the Vita box art before launch and some of you in here have it too, but why does mine not have it? Is it Canada's that doesn't have it?

alkBegx.jpg

So is the Vita version native res/stable framerate/good looking and all that shit? Cause I'll grab that one day 1 if there ain't no big drawbacks.

ubercheez

I had never heard of this until recently so I never used it when I beat the game when it first came out. I just used the mascot dress spheres seeing as they seem so op and kicked Trema right in the love nuts

Speaking of the mascot dresspheres, does anybody else hate using them because of how dorky they look? I always want to stick with the better looking outfits even if they're not as good. :p

Dantis

How big is FFX-2 on Vita? I have a feeling it won't even fit on my card. Which is fine, because I'm only really picking it up for the first game anyway, but it would be nice to at least have the option of playing.

Speaking of the mascot dresspheres, does anybody else hate using them because of how dorky they look? I always want to stick with the better looking outfits even if they're not as good. :p
Are they the Tonberry outfits and everything?

Because they're the best looking outfits ever.

I just realized that the LE I ordered is shipped to my parents house and will not be able to play until the weekend. Guess I will pick up the Vita version on PSN as well. Hope people can post impressions before I get home if it is worth the $$$.

Ibuki

Banned
How big is FFX-2 on Vita? I have a feeling it won't even fit on my card. Which is fine, because I'm only really picking it up for the first game anyway, but it would be nice to at least have the option of playing.

3394 MB according to that download list screenshot from a page or two ago.

XJF

They were AWESOME! Yuna was a Moogle, Paine was a Tonberry! Forgot what Rikku's was. Loved them. so B-A!

each game is around 3300 MB

each game is around 3300 MB
Thanks for the information! I think I will pick up a physical copy since I think I can only fit one game on my 16 GB and I doubt I will keep FFX-2 after 100% it.

LE just comes with the special Tidus/Yuna packaging and a 24-page artbook. Looks VERY similar to the KH HD 1.5 ReMIX packaging.
Damn! I was hoping they would not use the art book as a game case. KH 1.5 doesn't fit on my game shelf as well...

XJF

Thanks for the information! I think I will pick up a physical copy since I think I can only fit one game on my 16 GB and I doubt I will keep FFX-2 after 100% it.

Damn! I was hoping they would not use the art book as a game case. KH 1.5 doesn't fit on my game shelf as well...
No problem. The standard edition comes with the Amano Artwork IIRC, and was in a standard BRD case.

And can we talk about how underrated CHEER is? Love it!

DPtheGod

Got guide, Vita physical, and PS3 LE. So excited Gaf!

This LE does NOT have the code for Yuna's outfit for LR. May be exclusive for CE :(

Not a big fan of the art cards but meh.

XJF

so what the verdict on the sphere grid normal of international?

I chose Standard SG and so did another Gaffer. Standard has more Nodes, which leads to more spaces for stat increases. Personal opinion though. Everything in game is completely doable using the ESG with little trouble. All up to you

Normal for better stats.

Gaffers who bought the new guude. Check out page 19, the screenshot on the bottom right corner. PS2 shot? Lol
has to be! that's awful. I find the new guide lacking. doesn't even have a proper map for Besaid Village

Aeana

so what the verdict on the sphere grid normal of international?
Normal will give you better stats in the end, international will let you get more variety going earlier in the game. So it really depends on whether you wanna go for the super bosses or not I guess.

I could have sworn I read that the games were gonna be sold separately digitally. Damn only got twenty bucks on my account. Oh well I'll probably just pick up the physical version and buy some indie games. Enjoy it guys! Can't wait to pick up my copy sometime.

XJF

Thinking I can get to or beat Djose temple by the end of the night.

I was hoping to get around there, but the girlfriend is coming over later and we're watching FROZEN (which looks AMAZING), then catching up on the last two Doctor Who Specials. By tomorrow night I'm hoping to be at Gagazet.

I chose Standard SG and so did another Gaffer. Standard has more Nodes, which leads to more spaces for stat increases. Personal opinion though. Everything in game is completely doable using the ESG with little trouble. All up to you

has to be! that's awful. I find the new guide lacking. doesn't even have a proper map for Besaid Village

I still have my original FFX guide and since I'm in England it has all of the international stuff. It's a really comprehensive guide and I'm glad I kept it.

So is the PS3 Version supposed to be available for download on PSN, or do I need to buy a physical copy?

I think they are going to sell it as two separate downloads on PSN, which is why it may be a bit delayed since they got to upload 2 games. The retail disc contains both games.

XJF

I still have my original FFX guide and since I'm in England it has all of the international stuff. It's a really comprehensive guide and I'm glad I kept it.

I hate you lol the paper the new guide is printed on feels so cheap. No where near the quality of the FFXIII series guides. Those were impeccable.

marrec

Banned
I never thought of it that way, but X-2 is the Bollywood masala movie of Final Fantasy games.

The stories in most Final Fantasy games aren't anything to write home about to begin with, so the lighter tone that didn't take itself too seriously in X-2 always helped me to enjoy it more than the ridiculousness that was X.

I hate you lol the paper the new guide is printed on feels so cheap. No where near the quality of the FFXIII series guides. Those were impeccable.

Just for the sake of comparison. How many pages is the new guide?

I agree abiout the FFXIII guide. I said it earlier in the thread but that guide was brilliantly done.

Top Bottom