• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

RPGCrazied

I'm sure the last trophy for me to get for X will be dodging lightning and playing blitzball to get Wakka's reels and sigil.

You can get all trophies in one playthrough right?

XJF

I think the combat system really shines on the more difficult content, provided you aren't exploiting things like the trigger happy/cat nip thing (which got severely nerfed in the international version anyway).

I ABUSED TH/Cat Nip.. Not looking forward to the
Concha, Paragon, or Trema
fights at all this time..

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(

It really is an awesome game that so many people disregarded because it was "too girly" or whatever. The story was also rather dark once you started to get farther into it beyond the initial campy vibes. Really liked the villain too.
Not used to seeing an average dude/sports hero as the villain....kinda felt sorry for his plight too which rarely happens in these games

In a way it feels like a variety show Final Fantasy, which tries to have a little bit of everything tone-wise.

I think the combat system really shines on the more difficult content, provided you aren't exploiting things like the trigger happy/cat nip thing (which got severely nerfed in the international version anyway).

I remember some of the enemy types in the post game content could start to kind of stray more into the bullshit territory as opposed to true difficulty but overall I actually thoroughly enjoyed everything the game had to offer.

I didn't even mind the story / thematic stuff that much since the lighthearted feel to it kind of fit with the rebuilding of Spira to me. It does have a pretty different feel to it than X does though so if people are planning on going right from X into X-2 just try to avoid going into it with the expectation of a direct continuation of X and think of it as a fun spinoff I guess.

So they're not sold separately digitally on Vita, but what about PS3? I'm getting the Vita version for myself but am debating getting the PS3 version for my brother, but he'll only play FFX and I wanna save some money if I can.

Can't buy the disc version anyway, my PS3 disc drive stopped working apparently...lol

So they're not sold separately digitally on Vita, but what about PS3? I'm getting the Vita version for myself but am debating getting the PS3 version for my brother, but he'll only play FFX and I wanna save some money if I can.

Can't buy the disc version anyway, my PS3 disc drive stopped working apparently...lol

Definitely not. It hasn't been released separately on the PS3 in other territories, I doubt this is going to be any different.

Bought Vita version, by the way. I may play some later, but I think I should finish Dark Souls 2 first.

The_Monk

I just hope I don't get stuck early on... I pretend to start X today (X-2 already redeemed and downloaded). I'm willing to grind as necessary as early as possible if it helps. I'm really bad at RPG's (even on Easy mode!) but I really like them so here's hoping for the best.

PS: I find the EU Covert Art much more appealing, love the minimalist look.

Erigu

In the classic version, i don't remember being able to see Rikku's eyes through her goggles when she makes her first appearance.
You can't. She takes them off (in both versions).

EDIT: Wait, I thought you were referring to a screenshot posted earlier... You're saying they added some kind of transparency effect, then? ... They do that but forget the spirals on the eyes themselves?

Saphirax

I'm sure the last trophy for me to get for X will be dodging lightning and playing blitzball to get Wakka's reels and sigil.

You can get all trophies in one playthrough right?

Correct.

There is a certain spot that has a guaranteed lightning strike every time you approach it. This makes getting the trophy easy. Can be done in less than 30 mins.

Catching butterflies though...not looking forward to that :(.

ryushe

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(
As I said before;

Finally, people get to play one of the finest games in the entire franchise and it's prequel.

People will come around this time. Believe.

As for the game, seeing as I've come to expect a certain level quality of voice acting from SQUEnix now, some of Tidus' lines are just dreadful to listen to today.

ViciousDS

Banned
I just hope I don't get stuck early on... I pretend to start X today (X-2 already redeemed and downloaded). I'm willing to grind as necessary as early as possible if it helps. I'm really bad at RPG's (even on Easy mode!) but I really like them so here's hoping for the best.

PS: I find the EU Covert Art much more appealing, love the minimalist look.

lol, in X you were able to kill every boss in the end with doublecast and ultima.........if you built a character correctly.

AmanoBuff

What's their fucking excuse for not selling them separately anyway??

In Japan and Asia you can totally buy them separately from day one.

Not to mention you can get a retail version of X-2, too.

Just in case, in Japan and the rest of Asia each game separately costs almost as much as the entire bundle here.

Not having the option to get them separately does suck though, although I'm not sure how welcome individual versions of each game would have been if priced at, say, $29.99 or even $34.99

Xenex

Doesn't really feel minor to me. Combined with the facial expressions, the music and the forced bundle it's pretty much a no-buy. It just doesn't feel right.

To each their own, I just know I can't miss an opportunity to jump into the world of Spira in glorious HD.

ss_lemonade

What's their fucking excuse for not selling them separately anyway??

In Japan and Asia you can totally buy them separately from day one.

Not to mention you can get a retail version of X-2, too.
Yup, in my country (Philippines), stores are selling retail copies for both X and X-2 separately. Its a tad bit more expensive though (a little over $50 to get both IIRC)

XJF

You're saying they added some kind of transparency effect...

This is what I meant, but I haven't played this game in like 8 years, so it's possible i just remember them being visible through the goggles.

Yeah, the butterflies is a pain in the ass too. The chocobo racing, while annoying, is much easier than all of those. Just takes some practice.
There's a special place in hell for the person that thought up the chocobo balloon/bird race. They should be hung by their toenails. lol

This is what I meant, but I haven't played this game in like 8 years, so it's possible i just remember them being visible through the goggles.

I don't think you could see her eyes in the original. I noticed her eyes straight away from footage I have seen. Nice little touch

UMGM4ae.jpg

Yea boi!!

Dragon

Banned

I just have a real problem with how everything is prioritized on the game's battle engine side. I never felt like I was in real control of what I was doing :/. I'm buying both PS3 and Vita versions so I might as well give it a shot :)

JimPanzer

still have to wait till friday cuz europe :( anyway as a FFX-first-timer but experienced JRPG-player which sphere grid should I choose?

Just got back from purchasing my PS3 limited edition and my PSVita copy. Both sitting beautifully on my desk.

Btw, all of you talking about a FFXII HD Remaster have got me wanting that so badly! I love XII and still have my original copy and even still play from time to time, so getting that in HD would be wonderful! They should announce it at this years E3 haha! Though that would probably be a little preemptive much like FFX's announcement was, but still!

Chesskid1

Banned
cancelled my LE preorder, didnt even ship yet (lol amazon), didn't wanna wait, already loaded PSN $$ now waiting for ps3 to showup on sen

it's quite nice square is only charging $40 for this.. i expected $50 at least

Bought the son of a gun just now. Hoping it will be downloaded when I get home later. Either way. Stoked and excited. This is a really crazy week of releases for me and my wallet.

still have to wait till friday cuz europe :( anyway as a FFX-first-timer but experienced JRPG-player which sphere grid should I choose?

Standard

It helps to keep your characters on their intended paths and will help you with the game. Once youbare more experienced with the standard grid you may want to do the expert grid on another play through

marrec

Banned
Either way, I don't think I've ever seen a non-Cat-Nip strategy for defeating X-2's Via Infinito bosses

It's the only thing I thought possible for the Via Infinito, and all this time thought the TH/Cat-Nip strat was intentional.

Top Bottom