• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ocean

Banned
I just got the best news ever: my mother is FedExing me my Playstation 3.

Question: would a North American PS3 work well in Europe, voltage-wise? Moreover, are games region locked meaning I'll have to import NTSC? I really want to get this.

Faltimar

Why even buy a version that has a guide when you all have access to the internets?

Anyhow, im downloading X now. Got about 2 minutes left but I gotta wait a while before I actually play. I may start it up and take a couple screen shots of the intro screens.

I never played either of these. My friend gave me a copy of X-2 that I never played and ended up giving to someone else. Hope I enjoy them.

I think they are going to sell it separate on PSN, which is why it may be a bit delayed since they got to upload 2 games. The retail disc contains both games.

If that's true and if it's $20, I will buy the PS3 version of X today and later buy the PS3 version of X-2.

They have cross save right?

Teknoman

I think im gonna go expert just to see how things go.

Why even buy a version that has a guide when you all have access to the internets?

Anyhow, im downloading X now. Got about 2 minutes left but I gotta wait a while before I actually play. I may start it up and take a couple screen shots of the intro screens.

I never played either of these. My friend gave me a copy of X-2 that I never played and ended up giving to someone else. Hope I enjoy them.

Collection purposes i guess.

XJF

Question: would a North American PS3 work well in Europe, voltage-wise? Moreover, are games region locked meaning I'll have to import NTSC? I really want to get this.

EU games are REGION 2. US and JAPAN are REGION 1. US games are NOT compatible with EU consoles and Vice Versa.

Collection purposes i guess.
This. I have Game+Guide+OST for ALL FF's in a little shrine in my game room.

If that's true and if it's $20, I will buy the PS3 version of X today and later buy the PS3 version of X-2.

They have cross save right?

Yeah, Vita and PS3 version cross-save. I was mistaken in that Vita is the only one where they are sold separately. I think the PS3 one is only sold as a bundle with two downloads.

ubercheez

Having a hard copy guide is tradition for me with my Final Fantasies.

Yeah, Vita and PS3 version cross-save. I was mistaken in that Vita is the only one where they are sold separately. I think the PS3 one is only sold as a bundle with two downloads.

I only see the option to buy the $40 bundle for Vita.

It says this at the bottom of the store page:

FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 NOT SOLD SEPARATELY.

Wow. My guide is 226 pages and my FFX-2 guide is 234 pages without that one being the international version. So that's 460 pages in total.

Sounds like the skimped on the guide a bit.

Probably really small text. Maybe someone could post a pic?

Flandy

Downloading my FFX HD Vita. Couldn't find it via the store but then I saw that a friend had started playing it in my friend feed bubble thing. I click the FFX icon there and it took me to game in the store. 50 Minutes till it's done downloading.

Also the FFX ad at the bottom of my screen has the hashtag #listentomystory

fernoca

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(

The weird thing is that I'm probably the only one buying the retail version on Vita, getting the code for X-2 (and the 3 cards hopefully) and trading the X cart. I only wanted X-2. My favorite of the two. Asked around if anyone was willing to sell me X-2 only but no response, so ended doing that. Will use the credit towards Metal Gear Solid. :p

Faltimar

Thats cool. Collection never comes to mind when I read about people buying guides. I dont really collect anything so its not something I think of I guess.

OmegaDL50

My order is still in preparing shipment status at Amazon.

I honestly don't get it, any other time I buy a game I get it within 2 to 3 days.

The first time I decide to preorder a game nearly 7 months before it's release, Amazon can't be assed to get the thing out of the warehouse on the day of it's release, what the fuck.

Oh well. I won't be getting it until the 20th apparently. I've waited this long, two more days isn't going to matter much more I guess. Hopefully my Mario Kart 8 pre-order isn't also screwed like this.

marrec

Banned
I still have my Final Fantasy X strat guide sitting around... but I don't have my original X-2 guide.

And it's only 9.99 on Ebay.

Oh my.

Arment

Forgot about my pre-order on Amazon. Was a pleasant surprise to find this at my door 5 minutes ago.

I've been sitting here contemplating buying a 3DS to play a good RPG. This made my decision easy, for now...

Saphirax

There's only one PS3 game that's region locked and that's Persona 4 Arena, so, no, you don't have to import the game.

XJF

This is incorrect. PS3 games (with one exception) work in any region.

Also, Japan isn't region 1. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DVD-Regions_with_key-2.svg

That's for DVD's. PS3 games are pressed onBLU-RAY DISCS, in which case the US and JAPAN share REGION 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blu-ray-regions_with_key.svg

As for people claiming games are Region free, I had friends import US GTAIV and COD4 to the UK and complained they wouldn't play on their consoles due to region locking. Your choice, I guess.

MSMrRound

Why do we always get the short straw in America? I assumed since I saw someone with two downloads. I guess it was a different region.

That's funny. Over here in Asia we are complaining about having to buy them separately. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a bundled Vita R3 package...

My order is still in preparing shipment status at Amazon.

I honestly don't get it, any other time I buy a game I get it within 2 to 3 days.

The first time I decide to preorder a game nearly 7 months before it's release, Amazon can't be assed to get the thing out of the warehouse on the day of it's release, what the fuck.

Oh well. I won't be getting it until the 20th apparently. I've waited this long, two more days isn't going to matter much more I guess. Hopefully my Mario Kart 8 pre-order isn't also screwed like this.

See, the odd thing is I am getting mine tonight. I ordered mine on September 2013. Perhaps Amazon overestimated how many LE's they were going to get and cannot fulfill the amount?

Edit: I know how you feel. They promise street dates, but have a horrible record with Wii U games.

XJF

Anyways, i'm glad they didn't butcher the Prayer of the Faith songs, or the Cloister of Trial songs. Yay!

Awe crap GAF... I forget, Standard or Expert Spere Grid? Are there any trophy differences?
Absolutely no difference in terms of trophies.

ubercheez

Awe crap GAF... I forget, Standard or Expert Spere Grid? Are there any trophy differences?

Only insofar as the Standard grid has more spaces, which can give you higher stats for the optional bosses. But some gaffers have said there's still enough on the Expert grid to max out the important attributes.

I still can't decide myself

braves01

Banned
Any tips for FFX noobs? Is it as hard as FFIV DS (only FF i've beaten surprisingly)? Last time I played was a decade ago on PS2, and my young self never finished. I've got my copy in hand and am about to get started. :)

Shadownet

Banned
Only insofar as the Standard grid has more spaces, which can give you higher stats for the optional bosses. But some gaffers have said there's still enough on the Expert grid to max out the important attributes.

I was at that screen for 5 mins..

Saphirax

That's for DVD's. PS3 games are pressed onBLU-RAY DISCS, in which case the US and JAPAN share REGION 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blu-ray-regions_with_key.svg

As for people claiming games are Region free, I had friends import US GTAIV and COD4 to the UK and complained they wouldn't play on their consoles due to region locking. Your choice, I guess.

Just because they couldn't play those games on their consoles doesn't mean that the games are region locked. I never had any issues playing imported games on my ps3. The reason they couldn't play those games is mostly likely because of their TV's output. Apparently GTA IV only supports 720i or higher which means you'd need to use a HDMI cable.

squall211

I've never actively tried to Platinum a game before, but I think FFX might be my first one. Looking over the trophy list, I'm pretty sure I've already done everything before way back in the day.

Do any of the FFX trophies require you to beat the Dark Aeons and/or Penance?

Normal will give you better stats in the end, international will let you get more variety going earlier in the game. So it really depends on whether you wanna go for the super bosses or not I guess.

Normal also funnels you through everyone "canonical" jobs therefore it is recommended for new players.

XJF

Any tips for FFX noobs? Is it as hard as FFIV DS (only FF i've beaten surprisingly). Last time I played was a decade ago on PS2, and my young self never finished. I've got my copy in hand and am about to get started. :)

Not sure if difficulty was boosted for International version, but as long as you take your time and explore (which in turn gets you more battles and therefore sphere levels) you should be fine. My stoner cousin beat it back in the day, I have complete faith in you lol

ubercheez

Any tips for FFX noobs? Is it as hard as FFIV DS (only FF i've beaten surprisingly). Last time I played was a decade ago on PS2, and my young self never finished. I've got my copy in hand and am about to get started. :)

Don't run from random encounters, try to rotate most of your party in for every fight, and learn which character deals with which enemy types. You'll be smooth sailing.

Aeana

It's definitely true,, you can max your stats with the international grid. If you want max health, you have to give up a couple of nodes, but you don't need absolute max health for anything in the game either. I've beaten the dark aeons and penance with the international grid.

Saphirax

I've never actively tried to Platinum a game before, but I think FFX might be my first one. Looking over the trophy list, I'm pretty sure I've already done everything before way back in the day.

Yes, there's a trophy for defeating Penance.

Hollycat

Okay guys. I'm buying on Vita, but I have a quick question.

If I buy digital, at some point will I become unable to play the games any longer? I know with some PS3 digital games if you go so long without playing the game while connected to the internet it will tell you the license needs to be renewed.

So is that possible with Vita?
I've been buying my RPG's physically just in case, but .... I kinda wanna go digital with this one...

NastyBook

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(
I'm definitely hyped to take another shot at it after so long. The only thing about that game that pissed me off was the soccer managing of Blitzball. Other than that, I loved the combat and the dress system. I have every intention of playing them in order, though.

Any tips for FFX noobs? Is it as hard as FFIV DS (only FF i've beaten surprisingly)? Last time I played was a decade ago on PS2, and my young self never finished. I've got my copy in hand and am about to get started. :)

Rikku is a great healer, even if she does not seem like it. The way I played is two attackers and one healer. Aaron, Rikku, and Tidus is what I used most of the game. Reflect also breaks the final boss since it uses mostly spells. So take Yuna with you in the final fight. Also, use Zombie on any bosses that heal. It makes it less of a pain. However, you should know that if you played any FF past 5.

Edit: I forgot, but watching a video Wakka has a stupidly high hit counter against the final boss. I suggest Yuna, Tidus, and Wakka then.

XJF

Yes, the PERSEVERANCE trophy is for defeating Penance, which is only available after defeating all Dark Aeons, so....

The only Missable trophy is MASTER LINGUIST. Some of the Al Bhed Primers go down with a certain location that is only visitable once

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only thing I don't like about X-2 is that the last time I played it I was single. I'm going to have to explain the
massage scene
to my wife.

Top Bottom