• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Saphirax

Okay guys. I'm buying on Vita, but I have a quick question.

If I buy digital, at some point will I become unable to play the games any longer? I know with some PS3 digital games if you go so long without playing the game while connected to the internet it will tell you the license needs to be renewed.

So is that possible with Vita?
I've been buying my RPG's physically just in case, but .... I kinda wanna go digital with this one...

I believe that's only true for PSM games, so you'll be fine :p.

ubercheez

It's definitely true,, you can max your stats with the international grid. If you want max health, you have to give up a couple of nodes, but you don't need absolute max health for anything in the game either. I've beaten the dark aeons and penance with the international grid.

Right, I think I'll go with that one then. :D

laoni

That's for DVD's. PS3 games are pressed onBLU-RAY DISCS, in which case the US and JAPAN share REGION 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blu-ray-regions_with_key.svg

As for people claiming games are Region free, I had friends import US GTAIV and COD4 to the UK and complained they wouldn't play on their consoles due to region locking. Your choice, I guess.

PS3 games are definitely region free (Persona 4 Arena being the exception, it's the only region locked ps3 game ). X360 games are Region locked on a case by case basis, so if they were importing 360 versions them they needed to check

fernoca

Anyone that skips 10-2 is a bad gamer. When is grace chen putting the ps3 version up?
Well, last update had some problems and everything was solved by Thursday..so, Thursday? :p

Should be by the end of this day...like usual. Vita games are already there.

DR2K

Banned
Well, last update had some problems and everything was solved by Thursday..so, Thursday? :p

Should be by the end of this day...like usual. Vita games are already there.

Yeah I almost bought the vita version by accident. =(

I'm not gonna play x2 until I finish x. Otherwise I'll finish neither.

Excited about it since I skipped it on ps2 back then.

Also, FFX looks SPECTACULAR on the Vita.

Chris R

Amazon!!! Still hasn't shipped my copy.

Going to play through 10-2 and then go back and finish the thing I started with a MAX sphere grid play through of 10 (my younger self started this when 10 came out but never got around to actually finishing it).

Hollycat

That's odd. Never heard of that happening (outside of PC gaming of course).

Ima trust you, but if 20 years from now I try to start up FF X HD and it asks me to renew my license, Ima blame you and send you fire ants in the mail. Like at least a bowl of them.

squall211

Over 2 years later, FFX HD finally shipped.

I am extremely happy that this is a reality.I love this game way too much.

I have always considered FF IV to be my personal favorite FF, mostly for nostalgic reasons. But the more I think about it, it might actually be X. It's crazy how hyped I am to be (re)playing a game that I easily sunk 250-300 hours into all those years ago. Maybe it's because other than briefly messing around with the game for very short periods of time since then, I haven't really touched it.

What is the best overdrive mode for the characters in this game?
I use Warrior for the physical characters (Tidus, Wakka, Kimahri, Auron) and Comrade for the magic/item users (Rikku, Yuna, Lulu). I don't know if there is a much superior setup, but I get enough overdrives with that.

Either way, I don't think I've ever seen a non-Cat-Nip strategy for defeating X-2's Via Infinito bosses

Really. There are ways as long as you know what the bosses can do.

The floor 20 boss is easy if you are high level. The floor 40 boss isn't to bad either at max level, though flare will one shot you without HP limit break.

The level 60 boss is just a pain because he is a tank and deals huge damage to one character. I used the mascot dresssphere in a non-catnip run of Via Infinito. Equipping everyone with the break HP limit granted sphere grid, and giving people Crystal bangles, and adamantite. I just slugged it out.

The level 80 boss is really easy because he can be staggered. I just made everyone thieves, gave them auto-haste accessories, and had them attack one after the other to create a giant chain.

The level 100 boss I bribe for the items and to ensure full health for the extra boss.

The extra boss is just one of attrition. Had one person with Adamantite necessary act as the healer/reviver with a defensive dress sphere. The other two just wail on the boss with attacks that ignore defense until I won.

asdad123

PSN version bought on vita. Downloading now.

PS3 version should be delivered tonight. I'm glad about the cross save functionality. I'm out of the house a lot, but always have my vita.

Would've loved a cross-buy feature for maybe like $60, but oh well. I had extra PSN credit I wasn't gonna spend on anything.

molnizzle

Ima trust you, but if 20 years from now I try to start up FF X HD and it asks me to renew my license, Ima blame you and send you fire ants in the mail. Like at least a bowl of them.

That only happens for PS+ games or when you try to play games on a PS3 that's not "activated" on your account. All normally purchased PSN games can be played offline whenever you want.

As for FFX, I bought the Vita version just to support the chance of FFXII HD coming in the future. I really hate FFX. lol

Hollycat

Wait a second. If you buy the game on PSN does it include both the Vita and PS3 versions?

Nope, it's not crossbuy.

It should be though since it's cross save.
Then again... people who don't have a vita would just end up selling the codes, so never mind.

Suirrad

I wanted to get the physical Vita version from Target but oddly enough, it seems they're not carrying it. Went to the store and they didn't have it. Checked their webside and it shows not available online or stores T_T

Guess ill go digital
damnit

Nope, it's not crossbuy.

It should be though since it's cross save.
Then again... people who don't have a vita would just end up selling the codes, so never mind.

This is Square-Enix. The same company that sells different versions of iPhone and iPad games. They are not going to give you cross-buy games. Accept it as fact!

Aurizen

I use Warrior for the physical characters (Tidus, Wakka, Kimahri, Auron) and Comrade for the magic/item users (Rikku, Yuna, Lulu). I don't know if there is a much superior setup, but I get enough overdrives with that.

I need to get warrior, Healer, and Comrade early in the game, any idea how?

btkadams

where should i go with wakka on the sphere grid if i'm doing a normal play through? it starts off with two available directions.

My copy arrived just now! :D

The number of people who are putting 10-2 aside is making me super sad. Give the game another shot, guys. It's really great. :(

Definitely agree. I mean, I don't think FFX-2 is anywhere near as good as other entries in the series as a whole, but the battle and job system make it a really fun game. I didn't care much for the story or the "Charlie's Angels"-ish moments, but I just tuned them out for the most part and got back to the battles.

Cornbread78

It's definitely true,, you can max your stats with the international grid. If you want max health, you have to give up a couple of nodes, but you don't need absolute max health for anything in the game either. I've beaten the dark aeons and penance with the international grid.

OK, so at the front main menu when you choose the game, do you choose the first option FFX, or the second one which mentioned the The Eternal Calm? Does it matter? Is the Eternal Calm the Internation version?

Hollycat

where should i go with wakka on the sphere grid if i'm doing a normal play through? it starts off with two available directions.

It doesn't really matter. No matter what you do with wakka he's going to end up a badass. look down the line and see what skills you want.

XJF

OK, so at the front main menu when you choose the game, do you choose the first option FFX, or the second one which mentioned the The Eternal Calm? Does it matter? Is the Eternal Calm the Internation version?

Eternal calm is an in-game scene that's about 15 minutes, bridges gap between X and X-2. Unlocks a silver trophy, so do it first if you want.

Voror

Hmm, it's cross save right? So if I played about half the game on PS3 then Switched to Vita for the other half would I have the first half in PS3 trophies and the second in Vita ones?

Weird question I know but I'm curious.

Hollycat

Hmm, it's cross save right? So if I played about half the game on PS3 then Switched to Vita for the other half would I have the first half in PS3 trophies and the second in Vita ones?

I think it's shared trophies like Terraria

SirNinja

Download speed on Vita's getting pretty sluggish. Still over an hour to go before X finishes, and my PS3 copy doesn't get here until late tonight. Ah well...plenty to do in the meantime.

Can't believe this day is finally here! Envious of all the people playing FFX for the first time today.

Trophies are synced to your PSN account, like MGS HD.

Voror

Cool. May get the vita version too then since I'd like to jump back and forth. Especially since my sister is laying claim to my ps3 next week for a spring break Symphonia marathon.

It just would have irritated me a bit seeing he lists all jumbled if the switching did that sort of thing.

Cornbread78

Eternal calm is an in-game scene that's about 15 minutes, bridges gap between X and X-2. Unlocks a silver trophy, so do it first if you want.

Perfect, TY. I'll probably just wait until I d/L X-2.

I'm still on the standard/Expert menu, I really don;t know which one to do, or which has the best upside, lol.

I tried to not pay attention to anything about the media, oter than the trailers, so it would be a fresh experience for me..

XJF

Perfect, TY. I'll probably just wait until I d/L X-2.

I'm still on the standard/Expert menu, I really don;t know which one to do, or which has the best upside, lol.

We've discussed it like 4 times in the last 4 hours. Read the last few pages and you'll be enlightened :p

Flandy

Holy crap. Just started the game and watched the intro CG cinematic. You guys weren't kidding when you said the CG looks a LOT better on Vita. Seriously, I'm surprised how good that opening CG was. Bravo Square. I applaud you
citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

The_Monk

Just played for about an hour and I'm happy with how the game looks so far. Playing the PS Vita version by the way.

It's going to be great to play this game for a bit after a long and tiresome day before going to sleep.

So torn. First off, I don't want x2 and 40 bucks seem like a lot in that case. Second, I cannot decide between ps3 and vita. It's killing me - I want that beautiful game on my tv screen and my OLED. Shit really should have been cross buy - 80s just too much for the full meal ticket.

Advice?

Top Bottom